All Comments on 'What Were You Thinking?'

by Lifestyle66

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
ThorlolThorlol10 months ago

Lacking in emotion and somehow they also didnt resolve the issue. They talked about it but they didnt work on it never happening again or why it should never happen. And its pretty crazy that there wasnt even an apology. Somehow I really didnt see any kind of love there.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm10 months ago

She takes care of his sexual needs, so he accept her bitching ways. That's not love. That's a testament of complacency. The entire confrontation after he caught her cheating was almost devoid of emotion, further establishing that relationship as a marriage of pure convenience.

In the end, it reads like some teenager who hasn't grasped the difference between lust and love is trying to justify open relationships, with an unapologetic tale lacking the "moral of the story" at the end.

DrPopeDrPope10 months ago

My constructive criticism of this ( and all your other stories ) would be that you concentrate on the narrative without building and real vibe or making the reader invested in the outcomes. Difficult to articulate but your style is lacking warmth and emotion for me as a reader. You will get there … I do appreciate your commitment to details.

BigfundrewBigfundrew10 months ago

I agree with other comments and want to add, or rather restate a key point made at the end of this tale.

The trust is broken. You can't make trust return to 100% after it's broken...period.

He then straight up admits...yeahhhhhh, but finding someone else would be harrrrrrd. So, I'll just go fuck the one person that would hurt her most, because..DOUBLE STANDARDS!!

Enjoy the rest of that loving relationship, Fucky McDysfunctionson.

Are we supposed to like or empathize with these people in any way?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No one gives a fuck. You aren't important, clever or interesting.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It is hard to understand what he is really trying to get across. Is he forgiving her for cheating or waiting to see what will happen next? What does she really think that he'll do? Will he shoot her with his 22?

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere10 months ago

So no double standards means they both get to have double standards? Nope. This one didn’t click for me. As much as these two keep enlarging the list of what really isn’ta rule

TwentysevenTwentyseven10 months ago

The guy is a textbook psychopath. Beware.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere10 months ago

Sorry, isn’t a rule, you might as well divorce them and start over. Even the whole angry teenager with a gun didn’t ring real. Sorry.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny10 months ago

He should never have let her slide with "making little rules that she would break" in the first place. Then her pussy attitude all while planning betrayal means all rules are now off. Hope you like anarchy cuz that's where we are now.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Frankly, it doesn't matter if you like this lifestyle or not, but you never feel the love.

It's usually all about sex, no one person seems special or more important, there seems to be no special bond, no deep feeling......

So what's the point of living together, what's the point of being married?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"And its pretty crazy that there wasnt even an apology. Somehow I really didnt see any kind of love there."

It's normal in these so called "new modern" lifestyle: just selfish narcissistic abusive and toxyc relationship. Certainly no love at all. Better stay alone than live like that.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

They dont love each other, just stay for confort and money

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Garbage..........!

JensensloverJensenslover10 months ago

What a load of boring rubbish! FYI a 'prologue' is at the START, not somewhere in the MIDDLE!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

These are two very limited, fucked-up people. Sex for them seems so joyless. They are both so sociopathic that it seems pointless to have any rules at all between them. And how weird to consider it “late” to start dating at age 18. WTF?

offkilter123offkilter12310 months ago

I don’t usually read swinger stories but based on a thread in the AH forum, decided to give it a go.

I didn’t like it. Jan is a mean, nasty, controlling, manipulative piece of work. Now she is also a liar and a cheater. Since trust is the bedrock of a swinging style relationship, she has thoroughly blown up her marriage. And yet she suffers no consequences. If you thought you were making Ted a strong character, you failed. His story of the bully and the rifle was pointless and only served to show he could talk himself out of taking decisive action. Which he did again with regards to Jan’s weekend. This gets 2* from me.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Two absolutely vile characters. I suppose it's fitting, given the disgusting "lifestyle" they're involved with.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

People who think involving other people in their sex life will enhance the marriage are but fools. Once that door has been opened it can never be closed, one or the other will eventually break the rules, jealousy or domination will ensue, (possibly both) and divorce is certain. Then there's the element of STD's these stories seldom address.

I continue to ask this question. Why get married if you want to be with other people sexually?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nope, no matter how you set it up, he's a sissy wimp husband who let's his cheating skank slut walk all over him. Remaining calm and allowing betrayal isn't a quality trait as you try to paint it. It's a terrible weakness that will cost him deeply over the long run. His only hope is she stops fucking him but gets STD's a leaves this world a better place without her.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy5910 months ago

Excellent work. As usual.

All the best,

Dave

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer10 months ago

Allowing his wife to constantly treat him like some serf, is not love. Her attitude is disgusting and the longer he condones it and says nothing, she will simply continue talking to him like some dog. He should have made his point years ago and not just accepted "oh, that just the way she is. She wants to control me and withholds sex if she doesn't get her own way, so I just give in like a doormat". That's why she has lost all respect for him and thinks she can do anything she wants cause cuck boy would be too scared to do anything. Even threatens him with divorce. But she is intelligent enough to realise that he earns twice what she earns, so is really her meal ticket for retirement. Just grow some balls FFS.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You fell into the trap of telling instead of showing. Major events zipped by with only a brief narrative description.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well someone define love, you'll find there is never an all encompassing definition it is what you feel. For me the whole relationship of these two is a whole lot of creepy. Sorry to say for me it is incomplete, you did not resolve the cuckold issue, is that because you never can. The broken trust can never be repaired and the revenge sex will never give you your man card back. Still it was different enough to be readable, even though I cannot understand that sort of lifestyle.

WargamerWargamer10 months ago

Fucking awful story, facts do not lie, swinger relationships inevitably fail and end in divorce. This couple are well on the path to the endgame. Dickheads both, they deserve each others fate.

Scores 1/5 for being such a boring story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

First off, I don't agree with their lifestyle choices. It seems to be constantly playing Russian Roulette with their lives. And I don't think the personalities you gave them in the beginning of the story meshed well with the outcome at the end. He, especially, seemed too robot-like. An emotionless drone. Yet he sets up a "get even" scenario even Darth Vadar would be proud of with no emotion at all. Not a good story.

seittitgibseittitgib10 months ago

Trust is broken, no where to go from there

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

short version: swinging sucks, and fucks up good relationships, turning them into a steaming pile of shit and distrust. Thus endeth the lesson.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

"I'm providing a more extensive biography this time to describe my main couple up front, due to critics of my previous stories." - Really? You got complaints about NOT having extensive biography? Nine times out of ten that's the most useless part of the story! We're dealing with a married couple, of course they met, dated and got married. Rarely does that have any bearing on the present situation. There ARE exceptions of course. There was one story that the MC's girlfriend ditched him for a short period when her ex-boyfriend was back for a visit, and he ended up being the guy she cheated with on her husband.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon10 months ago

As someone who was involved in the swinging lifestyle for over a decade, I can tell you from personal experience that it has caused the destruction of more marriages and relationships than I can count. This is why stories that glamorize the lifestyle and minimize or whitewash the risks are from those who either don't make their problems public or who have never actually experienced the lifestyle.

muskyboymuskyboy10 months ago

"Just because she had some other guy for a weekend cumming in her mouth and wherever else, doesn't mean I'm ready to throw her out." - no trust and no emotion between them. Nothing erotic about this story, it's just a sad tale.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

While very well written it's still a crock of shit. Look up cuckold pussy wimp in the dictionary and there's an 8x10 glossy of good old Teddy. I don't see how a person, I won't use the term man, could look at himself in the mirror.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

If this is how a marriage is I'll just go ahead and keep my balls and take a big pass. What a sorry excuse for a pathetic man.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Like pretty much every other RAAC, the story was stupid with pathetic characters that weren't worth the time and effort it took to skim this pile of crap.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

''We'll see where things go from there''.

If this is the way a new try starts, then we know how it is going to end.

So why even bother given yourself another chance to get hurt? Most of the time when we give another chance, we end the relationship for the same reason we ended the first1, second1,....etc *

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Four for the high quality of writing, personality delineation, and logical plot development.

The psychological implication of basing a long-term relationship on an acceptance of each other's sexual proclivities isn't necessarily indicative of a shallow emotional attachment--but also not indicative that deep love exists. Choice of a regulated swinger relationship based on a complete understanding by both parties (and a lifetime of dedicated consensual adherence to the rules of that understanding) DOES indicate that love exists. Betrayal of that consensual trust in following the rules clearly negates a consensual trust in the future of that relationship. As written, the wife gives no real indication of a deep understanding of the damage her action did to the marriage.

But that's the way the author wrote the plot--and the result was the one he (or she) sought to depict. As such, I have to give credit where it's due. The fact that I didn't LIKE the way the story played out is more indicative of my own sexual proclivities than of any lack of quality in the writing. So...kudos for doing what you did as well as you did. Keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Divorce will happen

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Divorce will happen

Regguy69Regguy6910 months ago

I get that you swingers see trading spouses like most folks see trading seats at the dinner table, no big deal, but the deceit, lies, and disrespect she showed is way over the top. Naturally, the only answer is to have a weekend fuck with her hated rival. got your rocks off, so all is forgiven in Shallowville

Technically well written, just a shit subject. BUT, that's my fault because you gave us all the tags, I was just too lazy to review them before I read the story.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio10 months ago

Story was interesting until it reached the end. Why set an elaborate trap, only to do a “catch and release?” Half of Tim’s problem was a cheating wife; the other half was that he married a thoroughly disgusting human being!

lc69hunterlc69hunter10 months ago

she changed the rules

lc69hunterlc69hunter10 months ago

But he was a smart man, the way he handled it

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

write stories independent of each other. You might have some cross over of characters, like having a character from one story appear in another but only if it fits the plot. Unless the plot is in sequence, don't use the same title either .

parenthesisparenthesis10 months ago

Cheating is cheating?

But then I've never been able to gauge how others can share their toys, anyway.

cyendreycyendrey10 months ago

The most positive thing I can say about the two MCs is that they haven’t reproduced and insured they never can.

OOAAOOAA10 months ago

Good story!!! Congrats!

lovemesomephillylovemesomephilly10 months ago

I've read all your stories involving these two and this one seemed to really highlight how dysfunctional this relationship is. Alot of their issues go unresolved because of how Jan is and how accepting the husband is of her behavior. Going off and having sex with Brenda evened things up but resolved nothing. The way these characters have been written, a chapter with them getting therapy both individually and as a couple would be pretty fitting.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Hit the road, Jack and don't you come back no more!

3

skruff101skruff10110 months ago

‘Oh darling let’s become swingers so we can fuck lots and lots of other like minded dead beats’.

Yeah what could possibly go wrong with such loving thinking?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

First, OP, thanks for the standalone story. Like many readers on this site, we grow weary of these writers who cannot contain themselves and publish a multi-part "series" of 500-word vignettes, sometimes weeks apart. That's delusional. Then, there are the ones who create these 20-, 40- and more- part series of long, rambling, overly-detailed series that are followed by a few "fans" of whatever kink, aberrance, or whatever they're pushing. So, yeah, thanks for the one-and-done read.

*

I'm not sure if you intentionally wrote into the background the fact that there was no love in the marriage. If you did, it's always good to be a little overt in that mentioning, because referred to obtusely or by omission, most readers won't catch it. In fact, "by omission" or "negative context" isn't easily conveyed in writing. Subsequent events tell me that there was a different kind of love.

*

At this point, you might think I don't like this couple, but the opposite is true. They are NOT the typical LW couple of Harridan Wife and Saintly Husband (who's also a former special ops guy with "friends").

*

Sadly, you veered into the silly side of the road with the whole "cuckold" reflection. Check the definition: he was a betrayed spouse since he didn't appreciate, approve or let her do it. Only in LW, in female-centric fetish writing and online gaming is that word ever used. It's a stupid pejorative. However, as a plot device for this story, it worked.

*

This piece is very different, and that's good when you're growing as a writer. There were things I liked and didn't like, but it's your story. I do rate it highly because you broke out of the usual LW formula-writing, created unusual characters, and kept your characters "in character," natural growth and progression notwithstanding. Even MC's activities around the home, interacting with his tech, and even golf stayed away from the normal LW descriptions. Also, bonus points for him not getting drunk, puking, crying, and running away. Yes, you avoided the most egregious problem on this board: predictable and boring.

*

My favorite part of this work? This magnificent sentence: ["No. It's not spying, but exploiting ignorance," I replied calmly.] The confrontation? Perfectly written considering the personalities and quirks of the two main characters. This type of writing is lost on 99% of the commenters, but I think many of the thousands who anonymously read this will appreciate it. Character-driven fiction is hard to write and the best to read. You aced it! Carl Sagan Level Stars for this work.

-Rgds TJY

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Did I miss where she apologized? Where she asked for forgiveness? Anything close to that?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The MC's approach to anger is clearly dysfunctional...at least for someone who does not wish to be a cuckold. He may well have been better off had he gone ahead and shot that bully who assaulted him at age 10.

Cracker270Cracker27010 months ago

What an incredibly sad story. Sad people and sad life. Thank you for your work

miket0422miket042210 months ago

Maybe it doesn't really matter for this story but, I really would have liked to see Jan's reaction when she found out he spent the weekend fucking Brenda.

Another minor detail but, it really seems like Rodger should be booted from the swinger group. The few single members were supposedly vetted to make sure they weren't the type of people to cause problems in the marriages of the other members. If Rodger was the type of person everyone in the group thought he was he would have followed through on the weekend when he found out Jan would be there alone.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar10 months ago

Very well written. Characters with strengths and weaknesses, quite different emotional reactions but somehow still a couple. Fascinating.

AardieAardie10 months ago

Shanked the ending. I guess he is a cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thanks for writing, an interesting story….

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The only good thing in this tale are the correct tags, but... as a fetish-cuck fantasy, it should better stay in the fetish category, in which it would certainly get better results, not in this LW cat. The endless flow of daily fetish-cuck fantasies, is asphyssiating the LW category, and almost all are regularly getting a low or really low evaluation, joined by little to none comments, when they are enabled, since many authors, specialized in the fetish-cuck theme, are disabling them, because they can't face the inevitable uncountable negative feedbacks from the readers. So, why keeping pushing this highly unlikable fetish fantasies in this category ?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Fag Cuck Shit, obviously. I did appreciate the self serving sophistry, trying to make extramarital fucking some kind of intellectual exercise. What is ridiculous is treating sex as some sort of physical past time, like pickleball. The Jan character has a lot of arrogance and selfishness, but very little sense of ethics, and respect for her husband, her marriage, or herself. Jan is a cheater, a liar, and she a spoiled brat: she wants to have her cake and eat it too. If this sort of controlling self centered bitch is the best this stupid cuck can do than he has my sympathy. In the real world he would dump the whore and try for better, may with Brenda.

\

Oh, also wanted to mention the style and pace was very difficult to get into. After page 1 I had to skip to page 4 to see if it was worth the slog. Rather convoluted, but at least you got where you were going.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well, first of all I liked the well written story. There was just enough calming character development that other stories often lack. Ted does not get angry or mad with Jan. They both have seen each other at other swinging parties that they understand each other. There is a bond and trust that they have with each other that often leads other couples into bitter divorces. Unfortunately the ending just kind of left me flat. They declare that there is to be no double standards but both Jan (first of all) and Ted (kind of does with Brenda) break that rule. It would have been better if we found out just what does Jan do that will try to right the wrong that she caused Ted. Jan said that she wanted to fix the problem but we do not know what she is willing to do. I am not sure if there is any story that a wife tells us what she goes through to fix things. Oh, she "lets" Ted go to the mountain house because she knows that Ted wants to get back at her for her breaking the rule. We should have another chapter on what happens after Ted gets back and Jan finds out that Brenda spent the weekend with him. Jan did not want Ted to get back with Brenda and she did not want to see him with Brenda. Will Jan ask Ted what happened that weekend? Will she go ballistic on him? I was initially confused at the ending when Ted is leaving the house that he tells Jan that he is going to the mountain house but then Ted indicates that "he heard her car drive up" which I thought was Jan coming to make things right for the couple. We find out that was Brenda's car. We don't know if there is any further making up between Jan and Ted or if Ted steps out on Jan again.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

Who could possibly care one whit for a person like her? Therefore, why care about what she thinks, says, and does? When the author makes the cheater so despicable that no one could possibly care, then no one will care about his story.

ManoBlueManoBlue10 months ago

This guy is irritating. Leave that betrayer.

ManoBlueManoBlue10 months ago

Stubbyone21 days ago

The Ted character has intense social disfunction. He seldom shows any emotion, even when he should be hopping mad. The Jan character in not very likeable. She makes up rules then abides by them when it’s convenient. She wants to be trusted, but doesn’t reciprocate. She’s vindictive and great sex doesn’t make up for major personality flaws. Why create a story with this kind of character that few would choose to be with ?

Excellent review by this person in another one of your stories.

The husband is just an empty shell, just two terrible characters

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I would tell Roger he was had. I mean he appeared to be an upfront guy and wouldn't have done what he did had he known her husband was not for it. As for Brenda, I don't think it would have the impact he wants as she knows what he is up to in some way of trying to get even. I think he needs more "away time" unannounced for her to feel the pain of not knowing.

Lastly, I don't like any of them.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This could be my story. Not sure how it makes me feel but it does not get anymore realistic than this.

Ridiculous69Ridiculous6910 months ago

Why should the reader care either way? Neither the husband or wife are good people and both a wanting things but not willing to be open and honest or face the consequences of their actions. Just another weak and whiny husband with a selfish and dominate wife. Both of the. Add nothing to this world and it clearly shows.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Unlikable people, doing unlikable things to each other. Just a long winded cheating whore and a willing cuck story.

Huedogg2Huedogg210 months ago

a whore and her minion.......

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Absolutly RUBBISH !!!!!

SOME REALLY BAD STORIES BEING POSTED IN THS CATEGORY AT THE MOMENT

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story but anyone I’ve known to live the lifestyle all ended in divorce. I know it’s not everyone but the lying, sneaking and feelings for someone always pop up

patilliepatillie10 months ago

Despicable characters, nothing to root for or take sides, both are just devious and narcisstic intheir own ways

tralan69ertralan69er10 months ago

@sbrooks103x

RE: Nine times out of ten that's the most useless part of the story.

Speaking of useless, this was exactly that!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thanks for the info about the other related stories about Ted and Jan at the end.

What I would like to see in a future story is for Jan to openly realize what she could loose in a divorce from Ted.

Even though she told Ted that she loves him, she didn’t do it convincingly. If she considers Ted to be the love of her life, she needs to tell him.

She needs to get her controlling head out of her ass and tell Ted that she loves him more than anything or anybody else in the world, and that she never wants to live without him. And she needs to mean it when she says it.

Given their history in this wicked lifestyle I can understand Ted’s forgiveness, as well as the financial changes he made in their marriage.

Can’t wait to see what happens next with this couple next.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Can't believe I wasted an hour on this unless drivel. MC obviously has no no self respect and would suck a dick if his wife told him to. Swingers or not, there are rules and agreements. She disrespected her husband and had an affair, plan and simply. There is always consequences for such behavior. She did as she pleased and will again, because it's human nature to push things that excite you to the limit. Until the MC draws a line in the sand, she will roll right over him like a pothole on the pavement.

mattenwmattenw10 months ago

I've always known that people who share or swap their partners aren't quite right in their heads, but I didn't realize they were such idiots. Thanks for the enlightenment!

usaretusaret10 months ago

The most screwed up joint cuchold story ever read.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit10 months ago

IMHO, -In My Humble Opinion (-other opinions ARE available).

Disappointing, Very, VERY disappointing! Such a promising start! A beautiful build-up, ramps-up the suspense, right through to the epilogue, then SPLAT, -holy mammaries Batman, he trips over his bootlaces and drops dead!

It COULD have been SO MUCH more!

It SHOULD have been so much more!

It WOULD have been so much better!

I am not enamoured, nor in the slightest bit interested now, in reading any more of the series!

Sorry.

R.S.

HighBrowHighBrow10 months ago

I enjoyed this Femdom agitprop and the characters, but it held no drama for me. It was like living in a level-headed nerd’s head. I understand why his wife was bored. Seacrest out.

kamdev99008kamdev990089 months ago

interesting buildup and worst ending

1*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Seems to me he professes to be this singularly strong and reasonable individual...If this is true why does he let her control all non reactionary incidents? Why does she pull the string whole he react and pushes the string. Also no drama stories are just boring. The M/C's are very boring and she ins't interesting or for that matter doesn't elicit any emotion but Fuck Off...

NicealloverNiceallover8 months ago

I thought this was a great idea and well developed story. I admire the writing style and the way Lifestyle66 describes and develops his characters. Great job and well deserved praise!

Buster2UBuster2U8 months ago

10 Big Blazing stars to the writer! I enjoyed this story very much. Tho it really seemed like the MC was Mr. Spock, without emotion. LOL I'm afraid that wouldn't be me as much as I identify with the MC usually. No Emotions are not me. I get upset and do things I regret later. When I got the crabs the second time from my very beautiful and very busty GF Mandy, I just saw Red. I told her, when I first spotted the little rascals crawling around on my crotch that I would let it slide the first time, But if I got them again it was all over. She didn't care I guess. We took all the precautions and did everything necessary to get rid of the little rascals. But apparently, her other BF on the side didn't. When I saw that I had them the second time, it unleashed the Beast in me. I threw her out immediately. Then Barry Manilow's "Mandy" was on the radio every minute of every day. LOL, I really suffered on that. So, this story was pretty well written, and the plot was good. The Happy Ending wasn't so happy. People cheat, people fuck around, people cry and suffer in this world. I am going to read more from this author and see how I like his writing. Thanks, for all the effort. Good Job, Buster2U

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19817 months ago

I get a open marriage is ok for some people but once the rules are broken that's the end of the marriage you can always divorce just not for adultery being the cause when it comes to that type of marriage so that's what he should have done divorced her and had nothing else to do with her ever again

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit5 months ago

Worst-ever ending in the entire world!

MINUS a thousand stars, and a cuss be unto all ye who would encourage such idiots!

goodshoes2goodshoes23 months ago

Sucked. 1 star only because I cannot give ZERO stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

If that's the lifestyle, I am so glad I'm not in it.

Chimo1961Chimo196126 days ago

Blah blah blah whore wife

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLifestyle66@Lifestyle66
I've enjoyed writing for my own benefit in the past. Being a geek in my previous careers, learning to write a good story is now a challenge for my spare time. I'm an older male interested in the Loving Wives category, with those stories involving consensual sharing. I don't...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES