All Comments on 'When I'm Sixty-Four'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 64 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Hilarious

Great punchline. Write another, please. Randi

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago

As always, funny and skillfully told.

green117green117over 4 years ago
Dude...

That is an >old< joke.

And even the Beatles again... fer the kids who may not have caught it.

Green-something

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 4 years ago

I do love a man who provides a safe ride. Excellent story as always!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The funniest man on Literotica.

Harddaysknight is the king. Between you and Whatdreamsmaycome, there is enough jokes and giggles to keep anyone in stitches. Some people probably won't get that it's humor, but it's a great joke.

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago

Funny little story by the witty, charming and extremely humble LW grandmaster.

MollydaKatMollydaKatover 4 years ago
Really ?

The same person who wrote ' Not Guilty ' and ' Carry that Weight ' , just posted this ?

smh .

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Dumb

Two minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cannot believe

That this was written by the same person that wrote if I fell.

Wtf happend??

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
Indeed so

Not only:

"I was a very successful businessman. People always looked to me for leadership. I was pretty much a role model for men in our community. My rugged good looks, wit, charm, debonair demeanor, business acumen and humility were well known to all."

But also extremely intelligent with an excellent understanding of human behaviour.

Nicely done.

Lue

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
A literal LOL

Snide and laugh-out-loud funny.

Thanks for starting my morning out great.

This will probably drive a lot of people absolutely nuts.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How the mighty have fallen or this account has been hacked

There was a time you could count on HDK for a decent yarn. No more the ole boys gone senile or it’s him no longer , been replaced or had this account hacked. Terrible

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Mediocre in the extreme.

There is a fundamental difference, yes, often subtle, between humorous and silly. Perhaps you used this occasion to replenish some quantum amount of that precious humility?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

Stupid fools who can't get a joke!

Well done, HDK!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

That was dumb

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
nice humor story

but I wish I knew how it was going end before I started. Wish you have wife share in the tags.

schulz777schulz777over 4 years ago
wtf happend

to Harddays ???

he used to be so good

2starrs

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
Oh, I see what you did there!

You set the protagonist up in the very first paragraph!

Nicely done, very humorous. Now I can return to work with a smile on my face.

Hope he didn't ding the kid's dad's ride, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A literary Pratfall

The humor didn't work...but trying to be funny is always a risk

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 4 years ago
Only thing missing was the "fag cuck shit" tag

Sure, "road construction" was nice, but you get 10 tags. Do I have to carry the weight of making that tag appear by repeated use?

You've definitely entered the cranky old man phase of writing. You have no fucks left to give and are just letting things fly. Me, I loved it, which probably means ratings will be low. "Yesterday" is one of my favorite stories of yours, and it's that rare one of yours that didn't get a red H. So my opinion clearly goes against the grain.

For those that read the comments, revisit "Yesterday." It's hilarious.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
Stev2244 has it right.

Thanks sensei.

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 4 years ago
This is how you do a flash story

Very well-written and crafted and deserving of a much better rating. Had me laughing out loud.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago

Awesome!

Thanks for the fun start to the morning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Now that was amusing

Doesn’t matter that it was telegraphed, as sometimes that makes it even funnier.

amyyumamyyumover 4 years ago
John, you're SOOO bad!

Obviously you are much more "with it" in real life than the narrator of your story -- at least I hope so! Ha, ha! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I am so sorry!

I am so sorry HDK. When we had to wait thirteen months for the final chapter of “Lady in Red” series I thought you were just suffering writers block. I had no idea you’d apparently suffered several strokes that affected your mental acuity. Keep up the great work, I’m sure you’ll get back to your former excellence in due time. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
what the "fuck" happened to this writer?

did yo fall on your head lately and this shit came out? ONE STAR for this garbage

carvohicarvohiover 4 years ago
Jeepers!!!

I mean people complained about this? I knew where it was headed, but who cares, it was still funny.

I don't care what you write I'm going to read and give it a five. Damn, you might be the one writing the directions on my Viagra container I'm still reading it giving it a five.

Keep at it!

Jedd Clampett (carvohi)

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 4 years ago
Funny as fuck

I worried at first, as your character was so naff. Then I got it. Big smiles from me.

Thank you, sir!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Downhill

The downward spiral that is HDK is almost painful to watch. Welcome to world of mediocre writing.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
That Was Funny

I actually laughed, but that was a bit too close for comfort. Because I’m ten years older than my wife, and we often go to the Ritz in Monarch Coast for brunch on Sunday’s. Thank god, I’ve told my wife when we first got together, that everyone’s responsible for their own orgasm. Otherwise, this story would’ve really made me paranoid.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Good but I've enjoyed most of your other work more.

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
Folks

I think this was a bit of humor and satire on the authors part. It is like an old joke,about the nobleman going off to fight a battle. He put his comely wife in a chastity belt, and gave the key to someone he trusted,the local priest, in case of emergency. The guy rode out of town but was soon overtaken by the priest whose horse was in a lather.' Sir, you left the wrong key!" (This may have been in the Canterbury tales)

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 4 years ago
Well done.

Got a little dumb at the end, but I loved the start. Good job providing something new.

SawdustMakerSawdustMakerover 4 years ago
Well Done

Well done, as usual.

Impo_64Impo_64over 4 years ago
Was this funny?

Was this funny? Just a little. Why? When compared to "Not Guilty" and "Yesterday" the rating goes down...Also it is based on an old joke and those jokes always make fun of stupid people full of shit...3*

ohioohioover 4 years ago
HDK is the king!

of fag cuck shit, that is.

There are those that think this is hilarious--including me--and those that don't. To each his own! HDK and his stories are like fine wine, they're not for everyone's palate but to those of us who love it they are a rare vintage!

Thanks as always for your stories. Gotta love a guy who brags about his own humility!

Yr humble admirer, ohio

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
With age comes wisdom

And he's only sixty four? Imagine!

Lue

Ps: The Piper bemoaned the lack of a Cuck Shit tag. Maybe HDK did include it? What the author proposes doesn't always appear in the published tag list.

I suggested a 'No Seagulls' tag for a recent submission, but it disappeared without leaving a dropping.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

At least you still have your hard core cheerleading section.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Boy

If that's being very much in love. Sort of funny story.

maninconnmaninconnover 4 years ago
Hah!

Thanks! I needed a good laugh.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years agoAuthor
I have received numerous requests to

either stop writing, or just kill myself. Alas, I am having far too much fun to go away. Peeper has summed up the situation in his comment. I am at a point where I will write and post the things I enjoy writing. Some people won't like them, but some (very few!) will. It's okay to dislike a story and hurl cruel remarks about my declining mental health if that makes the reader feel better. My resolution for the year is to post more stories than I have been lately, which it seems, is bad news for some readers.

Literotica provides us all with a great service. We get free stuff! I get to run ideas by readers and readers get to tell me what works and what doesn't. This is a partnership. Yeah, I can post the same plot over and over and receive a five if the cheating wife is destroyed and her lover mutilated. Many people can't get enough of that. I have, however.

I wish every one a great 2020 and warn you that I will continue my quest for the great American short story. I know it can't be the story we see here day in and day out. It has to be different in some way. My quest is to find that plot, the characters and the series of events which provide something better than what we've been getting. We readers deserve it. We writers have an obligation to attempt to create something new, something fresh, something by which to be remembered. We all know WD40 wasn't discovered on the first or second attempt!

I sincerely thank everyone who takes the time to read, vote and comment. That's the way it's supposed to work. Writers make a real effort and we appreciate the readers who also put some thought into the process.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 4 years ago
Yes indeedy!

That's truly how you drive a car, and narrator's humility receives its just reward. Hats off and kudos to the incomprable HDK.

In chuckling admiration,

GA.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago

OK. Hubby and Driver have not planned this or Driver would not be ready to fight!

Given that, why would Driver have taken a different route to drop them off? There

seems to be no prior use of a surrogate to ring Sweetie’s chimes, but her state of

buzzed makes her acquiescence plausible. Welcome to a new aspect of marriage!

Status is no longer quo! High risk with no believable rationale to explain why that

risk was taken!

4*

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Fun Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
When I'm in the mood

For a fag cuck shit story.....

Ok let me tell you what I liked. At least the old codger got to make limo stereotype boy take the sloppy seconds.

Even swinger Joe couldn't convince that sloppy seconds was ok. Adventurous, or just part of goes with the territory. Whatever! Even Every JPB sloppy seconds celebratory effort was written to piss people off first and foremost.

I can get past letting much younger wifey get a taste of some strange, as long as stranger has the respect to be the one going second. I think that hdk lets us see that this is a perspective that comes much later at an advanced age of wisdom and experience. I say, that hope and prayer is the very basis of how this story can work.

Whose the real douchebag here? Missus will need to know by morning...as she goes searching for the douche!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
If it wasn’t for your name

the score wouldn’t be nearly this high.

More power to you to write what you like, but this was beneath you.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Yeah!

I liked the early humility reference, his arrogance and his dumb and unrecognised cum-uppance, this was funny.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 4 years ago
I have no idea why this is rated so low

I guess some readers just don't have a sense of humor. 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
*****

I can't understand how so many idiots take this story seriously. relax, people, this is meant to be a funny read!

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

veeeerrrrrryy good. And funny

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Oh yes

That ride had her hot and ready...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
No quality control

This one story among several that shows this author doesn't know when to leave a story on the cutting board, instead of uploading it.

Obviously he just uploads everything he writes, rather than trying to keep up a consistent quality.

A shame really, there are a few gems, but they are mostly buried in dross. He would probably improve as a writer if he had a critical editor who pushed him to improve, and weren't afraid to say when a story should just be discarded, or at least rewritten in order to be worth reading.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 4 years ago

Hilarious!!!!

For the peasants out there who didn't realise that this is a joke, 'hilarious' means 'very funny'

5 stars.

At least.

Hale1Hale1almost 4 years ago
Well told

Robin Hood's comment is dead on!

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years ago
anon 4-29-20:

I don't care who ya' are, that's some funny shit right there! *****

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Good one. At least they are both happy..

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
Something Missing...

Where are the comments calling for a conclusion? Obviously, the world didn't end when hubby pulled the car into his driveway. We want to know details, the future, all that stuff. You know, did hubby every wake up? Did Dani get pregnant by the young limo driver? Did the driver return on a regular basis to "drive her" to the mall, and the grocery? How many children did they have in 20 years and where are they now? You know, all those very important facts that the "you never ended the story" crowd demand.

Thanks for your stories, Hardy. Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Old story

I red a similar story 30-35 years ago.

The old lord marries a young virgin girl. On his first wedding night, he tries to insert his penis while the servant holds a candle for him to see. But his cock is soft and can't do the job. The lord sighed and told the young servant, "Is this how you hold a candle? Wait, let me show you." He grabbed the candle, and the servant took his place between between the girl's legs. With the first push the servant pierced the hymen. The Lord exclaimed. Did you see how to hold a candle?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't you just hate it when you have to explain a joke to "blondes".

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ha Ha

bobareenobobareeno9 months ago

An old joke reimagined. I liked it.

oldtwitoldtwit6 months ago

Oh a good laugh to read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories