When We Were Young Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All the while, those big brown eyes bore into me, the moment seared into my memory. It was beautiful, an expression of love.

I heard steps on the stairs, then Sharon came around the corner. She grinned, kissing my cheek and stroking his head.

"We've got a lot to do today, guys, so don't take too long."

Rich gave her a thumbs up, swallowed my cock down his throat, and added a second finger into my ass. I didn't know I was so close, but seconds later I was exploding down his throat, my body twitching and trembling. He milked me dry, then sat back, eyes wet.

He climbed into my arms, whispered, "I love you, Daddy," and then kissed me softly.

"I love you, too, honey," I replied, stroking his cheek and tearing up.

He stood up and took Sharon's hand, who sniffled, then reached down and helped me off the couch. We got ourselves together, then headed upstairs, an emotional start to what promised to be a long day.

**

Rich and I spent the morning putting up ping-pong and foosball tables in the basement, then moving a couple of couches and recliners around under Mar's supervision. The meeting space was complete, minus the bar and a few beanbags, and didn't look half bad. Mar was happy, and that's what mattered.

"When's the first meeting?" Rich asked.

"Sunday at one. Carmen and Alex are coming at eleven. So far, six people have signed up on the website Alex set up," she replied.

"That's great. Do you want Rich and I to make ourselves scarce during the meeting?" I asked.

"Hmmm, I don't know. I'll ask Carmen."

"Whatever you want, honey," Rich said, as the doorbell rang. Our guests were arriving.

**

Rich, Linda, and Sharon's (and Mar's) parents were already at the house when mine showed up, Grandma Eleanor surprising us with her appearance.

Introductions were made and house tours were given. Our dad's commandeered the BBQ grill, the smell of cooked meat and sauce soon wafting into the house. Our moms puttered around the kitchen, drinking wine, beer, lemonade, or sweet tea, chatting about Miss Ruth, the wedding, Rich's new job, and getting to know one another.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves...everyone but the 'family'. We were nervous.

Stacey felt out of place, worried about what they would make of the age difference between her and Mar; that she was a 'deviant', as she put it later, for dating someone half her age.

Mar worried Mr. and Mrs. Moore wouldn't approve of Stacey, a waitress and house cleaner twice her age.

Sharon worried her high-powered lawyer parents would think Rich not good enough for her; that an entry-level university teacher was too pedestrian for their highly-educated, 'used to better' daughter.

Rich worried someone would see all of Smoke's clothes in his and Sharon's bedroom, or comment on his unusually long hair, plucked eyebrows, manicured nails, and smooth skin.

Overriding all of this was the fear they would discover our 'unique' relationship with each other. One wrong hand on the wrong ass, or too intimate a touch, and there would be a lot of awkward questions to answer.

Personally, my anxiety went through the roof the moment Grandma Eleanor came through the front door. Like Miss Ruth, I was sure she would figure out what was going on between us. Unlike Miss Ruth, I had no idea how she would react.

Stressful.

**

Sharon's parents were very nice, though their casual clothes came from Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus and cost more than our living room furniture. They saw our mattress still on the floor, broken bedframe pieces piled in the corner, and laughed when Linda and I told the G-rated version of how it happened and Sharon yelling from behind the door.

"Our Sharon's definitely not a wallflower," Mrs. Moore said.

"Uh, no," I grinned.

"She tells me she met Rich through you," Mrs. Moore said, after glancing at the door, checking we were alone.

"That's right. He's been my best friend for ten years. Great guy, and super smart. Maybe a little shy and quiet at first, but he and Sharon fit together well, I think," glancing at Linda.

"He's sweet, and he treats Brick like a lady, Mrs. Moore; not the way some of her old boyfriends did."

Relief spread across her face, Mr. Moore rubbing her back. "Thank you, Melon. I worry about her so. Donald and I were so busy climbing to the top, I worry we weren't there for her when she needed us. It was horrible what happened to Mar, but it was good for Sharon to not be alone in that big house day after day."

"Thank you for taking Mar in," I said, "she's wonderful. You should be proud of the woman she's become. We all love her a lot."

"Thank you, Tony, but I give Melon and Sharon the credit. And she tells us you are responsible for helping her out of her shell. She's a different person this year. So, thank you."

I blushed, of course, just managing not to lower my eyes.

Linda jumped in. "Stacey is very sweet. We worried about the age difference at first, but she is wonderful to Mar. And Mar simply adores her."

"We haven't had a chance to chat with her yet," Mr. Moore said. "She's busy cooking."

"She trained as a chef and loves to cook. I think you'll be impressed," I said.

"So, tell us about Ferguson Hills..." Mr. Moore said.

**

Passing my mom on the stairs, we found Rich's parents in the basement. "Hi, Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee. This is Linda, my fiancée," I said.

"It's nice to meet you, Linda. Congratulations to you both," Mr. Lee said, introducing his wife.

"Rich and I just finished this room this morning," I said, telling them about Mar's support group.

"Have you met Sharon yet?" I asked.

"Just briefly. She was helping in the kitchen," Mrs. Lee said.

"She's very tall," she added. Mrs. Lee was maybe five-foot-three, her husband just a few inches taller.

Linda laughed. "Tell me about it. I stopped growing when I was thirteen, and Sharon just kept on going and going. She's head over heels for Sm—Rich. I'm really happy for them."

"I think love at first sight. Or, intense attraction, at least, on Rich's part. They really fit together well," I added.

"Well, we're just glad he's happy. He certainly is different, happier than ever, since they met, but I wish he would cut his hair," Mr. Lee said.

"He does take very good care of it, though," Mrs. Lee added.

"Sharon likes it, and we've come to like it very much," I said, wondering if Mr. Lee's head would explode should he discover why Rich was happier than ever.

**

Back upstairs, Stacey laid out the food on the dining room table, two massive platters of meat in the center. There were ribs, pork steaks, brisket, bratwurst, baked beans, corn on the cob, green salad, Waldorf salad, cucumbers and onions in vinegar (yuck!), green bean casserole, chocolate pie, apple pie, and finally, a fruit plate featuring, you guessed it, pineapple and kiwi...everybody's a fuckin' comedian.

The fruit plate was damn near a disaster. The second I saw it, Linda giggled, then Mar, then Sharon's loud laugh grabbed everyone's attention.

"What's so funny?" Mrs. Moore asked, smiling.

Suddenly not so funny. Well? I looked the question at Linda and Sharon.

"Uh, sorry. Inside joke. It's actually rather silly," Sharon stammered, stalling for time.

Mar and Rich looked ill, and I had nothing. My eyes slid to Grandma Eleanor, whose grin was a mile wide, my blush impossible to control.

Luckily, all eyes slid to Stacey, who came to the rescue.

"Um, the first time Mar invited me to dinner, Tony burned what was supposed to be meatloaf and Rich couldn't heat up the green beans because, well, they didn't own a can opener. So, last minute, Tony ran to the store and bought chicken wings at the hot bar...and a huge fruit platter.

"I don't want them to forget who cooks the food around here."

Everyone laughed and the 'family' exhaled shakily. Everybody filled a plate and searched for somewhere to sit, some braving the early-evening heat outside, some in the living room, and others in the kitchen. I hung around the table, finding a moment beside Stacey.

"Thank you, Mama," placing a quick kiss on her neck.

She beamed at me. "You all are cleaning up and doing the dishes, Daddy."

Completely reasonable.

**

The food was delicious, everyone complimenting Stacey, who spent several minutes chatting with Mar's parents, smiles and good vibes emanating.

I had, frankly, been avoiding Grandma, afraid of what she might have deduced about our sexual habits. Finding my nerve, I brought her a piece of chocolate pie with whipped topping, her absolute favorite.

"Thank you, Tony. Have a seat."

"How are you, Grandma? What do you think of the house?"

"It's very nice, and yo friends are wonderful. Stacey's quick on her feet," a sparkle in her eye.

I blushed a little. "Boy, you aren't kidding. I thought we were in big trouble."

"Don't worry child, didn't nobody notice. And if yo friends will just relax, won't nobody suspect a thing."

I closed my eyes. "How did you know?" feeling sick with nerves.

"It's all in the eyes, child. I learnt a long time ago to read my babies' eyes, to know what they was saying. And that pretty little blonde child got the bedroom eyes for you. Same as she do for her Stacey.

"And is something 'bout yo friend Rich I can't rightly figure, but his eyes travel on yo ass when you pass by in a way that aint exactly subtle.

"I figure it ain't just them but everybody, right?"

I nodded, then explained a little how it had come to be.

"Well, this a new century, and theys no tension between you all, so I guess ain't nothin' to fret over. Just remember, yo Linda is the one, and you do what she say. If she say stop, you stop. You hear me, child?"

"Yes, ma'am. We have talked about it, and everyone knows who their priorities are. But I understand, Grandma. Thanks for not saying anything."

"Ain't nobody's business, child. And people today so wrapped up in theys own selfs, they don't notice what's goin' on under theys noses half the time. But yo mama got a suspicion something is off, so watch yoself, child."

I nodded. "Fireworks will be starting in about thirty minutes. Can I get you situated outside, and how about some more lemonade?"

"You got any gin in the house?"

"Uh, I think so," I said, unable to hide my surprise.

"If you do, two-thirds lemonade and one-third gin, please," she said, smiling sweetly.

I found some gin, fixed Grandma her drink, and helped her outside, sitting her down in a lawn chair next to Stacey, the two soon deep in conversation.

Linda and I made sure everyone had something to drink before heading outside and plopping down on a blanket, her head on my shoulder.

Fireworks lit up the sky for forty-five minutes, a cooling breeze welcome. Lin's hand was on my chest, and I noticed her staring at her engagement ring, the red, yellow, and blue explosions above us glittering off the shining diamond.

I watched Lin staring at the diamond for several minutes, her wet eyes looking up to find mine.

"Okay?" I whispered.

Her smile lit up the night and she nodded, kissing my neck, mouthing 'I love you', then rested her head back on my shoulder, staring at the ring.

I kissed the back of her head, as a warm glow spread through my body, insanely happy.