When You Least Expect It

Story Info
A man approaching his middle years discovers new love.
976 words
4.15
9.9k
11

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1

John strolled out of the bar on cloud nine. How had he managed to get the number of the most attractive woman in the place?

His coworkers had teased him when they caught him staring at the mocha skinned goddess.

One of the female workers in his group had even chastised him laughingly calling him, "a dirty old man".

But John couldn't help himself. The woman was absolute perfection. It was as if a master sculptor had shaped every curve of her body. Her large dark eyes had drawn his from across the crowded bar on several occasions before he had finally found the courage to ask for her name.

She had given him a dazzling smile and quietly said, "Chyna". They had traded pleasantries briefly and she moved away.

John was instantly smitten.

As she had sauntered away his coworkers had watched open mouthed.

They simply couldn't believe that John had spoken to her. He had never been so bold with any other woman in their presence. Oh John joked with several women in his department at the plant, but only because they had worked together for years and knew each other well. But he had never shown the slightest hint of attraction to any of them.

John being 6'2 and a solid 237 lbs, several women had even openly tried to pursue John to the amusement of his friends, but he just laughed them away stating, "why would you want an old man like me".

Chyna was different. John had felt a jolt down in his inner most self the moment he had lain eyes on her. It was like a lightning strike with no thunder. His pulse had quickened, his eyes had dilated, his breathing sped up, and his nostrils flared just like some primal man from pre history.

John could literally smell her scent from across the room. He was intoxicated. Never had he felt such a strong connection to anyone.

The fact that she was so alluringly beautiful just compounded his attraction.

When Chyna had approached him a second time and struck up a conversation, John had with tremendous effort restrained himself from reaching out and caressing the woman.

He was on fire with lust but dared not act. A flame, no matter how small, can quickly become an inferno the man thought as he gazed into the endless dark pools that were her eyes.

Up close John began to study her body more intently. She was an athlete he thought, though not sure of which sport. Soccer? Track perhaps?

"For God's sake John, get it together. You're probably old enough to be her father", he shamefully internalized.

After her brief exchange with him, Chyna was off again making her rounds and checking on the customers in the bar.

John's mind began to whirl with thoughts and ideas. Should he ask her out?! What would his children think?! Where would he take her if she said yes?! Easy boy. You're putting the cart before the horse, he told himself forcefully willing his rattled nerves to calm.

When one of his work friends invited him outside for a smoke, John hastily agreed.

Stepping out onto to the front patio of the bar and lighting a cigarette, he glanced inside and saw her working the room.

Chyna had a lithe grace when moving that John doubted most others could fully appreciate. The way she breezed around the room seemed almost a dance. He was hypnotized. Literally. Jay had to call his name several times before he was roused from his stupor. Jay laughed as he turned to look at him. "You got it bad man", Jay said to John laughing again and pointing in through the bar window at Chyna. "Yeah, maybe", John replied taking a drag from his cigarette, flicking the ashes and looking away. He laughed at John again. "Look, Corey and I are about to split. Are you okay to drive? You've tossed back a few", Jay said.

"I'm good buddy", John said clasping the younger man's hand. "Thanks for all your hard work this week guys", he said addressing both men standing in front of him. John stuck his hand out to Corey and shook hands with him as well. "Drinks are on me tonight fellas", John said releasing Corey's hand.

Both men protested. "You don't have to do that John", the guys said. "Sure I do. You boys worked hard for me this week and made the company a good deal of money. It's the least I can do. Besides, when you guys do well, it makes me look good to the higher ups", John said with a smirk. The three fist bumped and the two younger men walked away to their respective vehicles.

John walked back inside and sat back down at the bar. He waved the bartender over and said he'd like to settle up the tab for the small party. She glanced at him questioningly and said, "all of it"? "Yes ma'am" he replied. The woman gave him another look that he couldn't quite read and walked away with a smile and his card.

As though sensing he was about to leave, Chyna appeared again at his elbow.

John, more in control of himself this time began to flirt with the woman and to his astonishment she began to flirt back.

The situation escalated quickly. Before John knew what had happened he was holding her phone number in his hand.

Chyna gave him a very seductive smile and said, "I hope to hear from you soon John".

He downed his remaining beer in a single gulp and sat the empty bottle on the bar.

The bartender, as if waiting until the exchange was over, approached with the check.

John signed it, left a very generous tip, and walked out smiling.

To Be Continued...