All Comments on 'White Freshman, Black Coeds Ch. 10'

by MarkLivingston

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

take the racial components out of this story entirely, don't even mention race in any way, for any of the characters, and suddenly this is a MUCH more interesting story. As is, it's just more the usual racial crap dumped here every day, but the underlying elements are solid. give it some thought or your next story effort.

MarkLivingstonMarkLivingstonabout 1 year agoAuthor

Author to Anonymous:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really do appreciate it and I'll consider it for future stories, but this particular story arc is pretty well fixed on that theme, sorry.

However, I'd like to challenge you a little bit. I'm a white male, and I don't know what you are, but men have certain 'types', whether it's biological or something in their formative years, or the first girl they were with, I don't know why. And I don't know if women are the same way, so I can't speak to that.

But in the most general sense, a white man might prefer blondes or redheads. "Prefer." Sure, he can operate outside that paradigm, but given the choice he's likely to follow his preferences. If he's in a bar, then maybe he's only approaching redheads. Is that wrong? It's objectifying a certain group of women based on a particular attribute, but....is that bad? Or *so* bad?

As long as he doesn't approach it from an angle like, "I've heard you redheads are really hot in bed," but is considerate of her as a person with wants/needs/desires like everyone else, then is that wrong?

I tend to agree with you on the "racial crap dumped here everyday," and I'm very mindful (I thought) to not play into the negative stereotypes. The "hot wife" wanting BBC, the white guy only after "that ass" on black girls, that sort of thing.

Mark adores and respects his black female friends (and thank you for the comment on my writing, saying that you at least like the storyline), but for me personally the skin color difference just adds to the attraction, the excitement. And as long as that's not overly-fetishized or gets into master/slave or similar tropes, then I don't see it being so bad. But maybe I'm wrong, and I'd like to hear your counter-argument if you care to.

But I have to say that this is a very personal story for me: I was Mark at 18 (actually at 20 still), and though I didn't have any experiences with, or really thoughts about women of color one way or the other, that did come later in my life where I met an incredible black woman absolutely by chance, literally "bumped into her", and we've been together 20 years now. So from that I've grown a deep appreciation for black women, and they're my 'type' now. Could've been blondes, would that have been okay?

I'm sorry if that offends, but I just wanted to give Mark/me this fantasized version of what *could* have happened, but give him at 18 the appreciation for black women that I personally didn't have until much later in life.

I actually want you, whoever you are, to enjoy my story, so if you read more of it, maybe try to notice how tender it actually it is, the interactions between Mark and the ladies, and though I do mention skin tones, I don't think I fixate on it. But I also don't think I can just ignore it. If you're 'into' that sort of thing, then those details matter. Just as if I might describe how "her, long, silky, auburn hair framed her face angelically as she laid back on my cream-colored silk pillowcase."

Anyway, thanks again for your feedback, I really do appreciate it.

Take care,

Mark

Sextus_PropertiusSextus_Propertiusabout 1 year ago

I am very intrigued with this story. A slow burn love story, I do agree, pull any mention of inner racial and this would in first time or romance cat. But with it in it, it adds to a whole new level, spectrum of eroticism.

I found one fault that I should mention, if Rita, is doing this as a psychological experiment, watching and recording the experiment, adding her request for anal could and would alter the results. But since this is a 'sex' story, this is a good opening for a writer to fill other chapters.

Keep up the good work.

Sextus.

MarkLivingstonMarkLivingstonabout 1 year agoAuthor

Sextus: Thank you so much for your feedback! And for 'getting it,' if I may be so presumptuous. Very insightful about the possible category choices, something I've struggled with. Ch. 1 went into Erotic Couplings because I didn't know any better, but a later reader suggested Interracial Romance, and that seemed right, so I moved the older chapters there, and continued there. But much of the feedback I've gotten is that it's too slow and not enough sex. So I thought about First Time, but after a while it won't BE his first time, then where would that leave me? And I thought of Romance, but not having done much reading over there I felt there might be too MUCH sex for that audience; as well as too diffuse and random. Mark "loves" the women he's intimate with, that's his being, but that's not traditional Romance (plus it's a vehicle for writing about many different experiences with many different women, which is interesting to me). So I've kept it in Interracial ROMANCE because of that emphasized word. It's interracial, yes, so probably relegated to there regardless, but it's a Romance also, so now what? I'd been thinking about asking on the Forums what people thought, but didn't want to seem like I was plugging my work, so I didn't. But now I might, since you brought it up.

And yeah, the whole Rita thing ended a bit awkwardly, but it had evolved in the writing of it. I first portrayed her as hard, cold, perhaps manipulative, giving the idea that maybe she was secretly a dominatrix who would somehow exploit these two naive young people, and was going to have the story drift into that realm. But as I wrote those two days in the hotel room with Nia it became so personal, so real, so ROMANTIC for me, that I just let it be pure and wholesome (as something like could be, anyway). Respectful and 'normalish' in any event.

Rita's offers were a vestige of that initial tack, and you nailed this: I left them in simply because it gave someplace for Mark to go--probably much later--for those experiences. Things that are outside the norm for Romance, but erotic nonetheless. Things that Mark likely wouldn't have thought of himself, or that a normal girl he met would ever credibly offer. But I wanted him to have those options for later, and felt that Rita was the right person to put that on. Plus it still leaves room for her to turn out to be something more than we saw her as in this segment. Her name alone, and her role, is central to later already-written chapters, and I've a feeling that Mark will be seeing her again, maybe even before he calls in those markers.

And thank you for recognizing that the IR aspect adds to the eroticism. I discovered that personally in my late 30s and found it to be true (maybe more so for men than women?). I've been married to a black woman for nearly 20 years, and we have fun with our racial differences vs. societal norms and expectations. So I'm letting Mark have that at 18. An indulgence perhaps, but it's the story I want to write. And I think I've been respectful about it, not fetishizing it, just noticing it, letting it add that extra level of eroticism you mentioned. One that I hope others will appreciate, even black women, who I'd dearly like to hear their perspectives from.

I'll try to send all this directly to you, but the couple of times I've tried that I haven't gotten responses, so now I just leave my replies here. So even if the original commenters don't see them, maybe others will and get a better sense of where I'm coming from. It's a shame Literotica doesn't notify commenters when they've been replied to.

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I'm not an experienced person but the picture painted so far is not a romantic one. Rita smells of pimp, she also smack talks during the supposedly long sensuality festival. Mark seems extremely irrational rather than trusting. It's an anti-utopia, the way sex gets framed, not romance. Can't keep reading.

MarkLivingstonMarkLivingstonabout 2 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous: Wow, but okay. I don't see any of that in there, though RIta IS a bit like a pimp, if you posit that the "compensation" is her research. The use of "anti-utopia" is odd, so I wonder if this wasn't an AI bot posting. Anyway, thanks for reading this far and for commenting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous