Who Killed Jenny Schecter? Ch. 34

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shane looked at the ceiling and wondered where she was, LA or San Francisco, or who knows where, but decided it wasn't all that important. She felt tired, and closed her eyes.

* * *

Carmen walked down the corridor past the nurse's station, engrossed in an article in the new issue of Rolling Stone that she'd just bought in the hospital gift shop. In her other hand she carried a fountain soda she had with her lunch, which she'd just eaten in the hospital cafeteria. She'd spent most of the morning at the hospital, talking to Shane and reading to her from a novel she thought Shane might have liked, Love in the Time of Cholera. She sipped from the straw in the top of the of the disposable soda cup as she walked. It was two minutes past 1 p.m.

Carmen entered Shane's room and glanced at Shane momentarily, and at the monitor, and didn't recognize any kind of change. She sat down in the chair next to the bed and was deciding which article in Rolling Stone to start reading aloud to Shane, when Shane said, "How long does it take you to eat lunch? You've been gone nearly an hour."

"JESUS CHRIST, SHANE!" Carmen yelled. Shane had so startled her that she'd dropped her soda cup in her lap, scattering diet Coke and crushed ice all over herself, some of it splattering Shane, too. Carmen lurched to her feet and ignored the soda entirely, crying and blubbering, and threw herself on top of Shane, grasping Shane's face gently in her hands and kissing her face everywhere, kissing Shane's mouth, crying and kissing and laughing, kissing Shane just as Shane wanted to be kissed, and two nurses came in from the nurse's station to see what all the commotion was about.

THE END

But stay tuned, there's three "addendums" coming.