Women Who Talk Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"All right, but don't go giving me books, a bit of advice would go a long way. This course is quite good because it gives you a bit of a secular grounding but it is more slanted to a church outreach environment than a job in the secular world."

"Sure, no worries," she replied as Robyn straightened up, "I could dig it out now."

"No not now, I have to get back but maybe tomorrow or Wednesday."

"Either day is good."

"No worries," she walked past her, "well, you know where I live. Just send me a text when you're coming over and I'll put the billy on."

Robyn and Erin left some five minutes later and Helen stared after them as she rehearsed her speech to Roxy. She hadn't really broken up with her but now it was time to cut the ties and make a break. The fake awkwardness had worked like a charm, someone like Penny would have seen through the façade in an instant but Robyn hadn't picked it up, at least that was what she hoped.

She went back upstairs to her office and added some more notes to Robyn's file and printed out a fresh copy to put into her Women folder. The page had no photo but she'd added the advertisement from The Trading Post and now she added a strand of hair taken from the windowsill. Everything was going according to plan and the only regret she would have was that sleeping with Robyn would probably kill her chances with Erin because she quite fancied her too.

***

Astrid Nilsson was a tall Norwegian with a generous mane of thick blonde hair that fell to the small of her back in cascading waves and a long, angular shaped face set with bright blue eyes and bow shaped lips. The only things Melanie had told Penny about her was that she was twenty five and studying in Australia. She had been boarding at Andrew Miller's place, having been his wife's pen friend since sixth grade. Angie, Andrew's wife had stayed with her five years ago when she'd gone to Bergen on a working holiday. Astrid came over the following year for a six week holiday, since then she'd graduated with a degree in architecture but was now doing her doctorate here. The only other piece of information Melanie had let slip was that Astrid was openly gay.

"Elke got talking with her the other night and found out she wants to meet other women and she just happened to mention our group so maybe you could?"

"Check her out? Sure," Penny replied.

She was almost regretting her decision now. What Melanie hadn't told her was that Astrid was a stunning beauty.

Andrew had brought her along because he was quoting for a climate control system and so whilst he took measurements and jotted down numbers onto a clipboard she made coffee for Astrid and tried to play the role of the wise older member. It was laughable to say the least, Astrid was frighteningly intelligent and spoke Norwegian, Danish and Swedish, her English was flawless. To the untrained ear she actually sounded English. She was a few inches taller than Penny with an athletic figure and long legs, she sported a pair of large glasses. She was dressed casually in a white blouse open to just above her cleavage, jeans and trainers.

"I did go to Oslo for a two nights," she handed her the coffee, "I caught the train from Gothenburg and got the ferry from Oslo to Copenhagen, but I never got far out of Oslo though."

"Oslo is nice," Astrid looked up at the ceiling, "I can't get over the woodwork here, it is just like home. My uncle and aunt have a home up in the mountains, just outside of Voss, I used to go there every summer when I was a kid and sit out on the front porch to watch the trains come past."

"Where's Voss?" Penny asked as she led her out of the kitchen.

"North of Oslo and east of Bergen."

For the next five minutes or so they talked about Oslo and Scandinavia in general before moving onto the reason for her visit.

"I need to find a circle of female friends. I have friends at school but Elke mentioned that there are women my age and older coming here. My friends at the university are into clubs and pubs but I don't drink that much, I did all that when I was eighteen but now? I look around these clubs and think why am I in this place? It is a meat market."

"You don't have a partner?"

"I did, I met her at one of these clubs but that was only a long weekend. I went back to the club the next weekend but it was full of guys and straight girls. Apparently, the gay night is Saturday night and I went on the Friday night when all the straights go there."

"That's why I don't go there. I got tired of men asking if they could take me home and when I told them I was gay they wanted to know if I'd be into a threesome."

"The Russians are like that, they think if they throw enough money at you that you will become their sex slave. One of the only Russian curses I know is Idi na hul, it means go to the dick."

"Foreign curse words are always very colourful," Penny smirked.

"But this group only meets once a month but because we're close friends it's quite common to just drop in on people between meetings, but it's not a pickup venue. Most of the people have partners anyway, except for Robyn and myself," she took another mouthful of coffee.

"What happens at these meetings?"

For the second time that month Penny found herself explaining the concept of Women Who Talk and when she'd finished speaking there was a pause of about fifteen seconds or so whilst Astrid stared into the fireplace.

"Could I come to the next meeting?"

"Of course you can, I'll write down the address for you," she reached for the pen and notepad on the coffee table, "we'll have to change the name to the Scandi group at this rate, Elke, Sigrid and Caroline are of mixed Danish and Swedish heritage."

"Elke mentioned that the other night when Melanie phoned Andrew."

They were just exchanging phone numbers when Andrew came into the living room, he looked a little worried as he sat down on one of the couches.

"You want the good news or the bad news?"

"Give me the bad news first," she replied.

"It'll cost five and a half grand."

"No worries," she shrugged, "and the good news?"

"I can start next Monday, it should take two and a half days, the installation isn't that hard but we have to erect a scaffold in this room," he looked up at the ceiling.

"My boys can move all the furniture out of the way and move it back again, but that room up there," he pointed to the junk room, "will need a bit of a tidy up."

"Don't worry, it's all being emptied out on Sunday," she replied and then glanced at Astrid, "do you fancy coming up here on Sunday? I'll have a few group members here."

"I would like that," she nudged her glasses, "for sure."

"No worries," she nodded at Andrew, "just let me know what else you need cleared up."

"I'll give Astrid a list on Sunday," he replied.

They left not long afterwards and Penny saw them to the verandah and watched them walk away, Astrid turned and waved at her and Penny returned the wave before heading back inside. She felt a slight weakness in the pit of her belly.

Now that's a sight for sore eyes.

***

Robyn needed routines, timetables and schedules. It was something she had learned from her father who was the head cop out at Warburton and whilst he was more laid back at home, she'd picked up his organisational skills. On Monday night she went to her counselling course, Tuesday was bible study night, Wednesday night was reserved for Jeff, Thursday had been free but now she saw Penny that night. Friday night was reserved for shopping, Saturday she was either on coffee shop duties or with Jeff and Sunday morning was for church.

However, unlike her father Robyn could change her routines if needs be and her involvement with Penny, Cindy and her new friends had caused her to reorient herself. She had gone to the course on Monday night but she dropped her bible study for the second time in two weeks. Ostensibly it was just to see Helen, who dropped around with plenty of handouts and course materials to point her in the right direction. Helen had been a social worker in her youth but had resigned some years ago to become a legal secretary. It was an odd career change but Helen told her that it was a necessary choice to avoid burnout.

"I committed the cardinal sin, I took my work home with me."

"What do you mean?"

"I let clients stay overnight, eventually it just breaks you. I threw the towel in."

Robyn frowned as she pulled up outside Jeff's house. Helen had only stayed some forty minutes or so because Robyn had told her she needed to go and see her boyfriend.

"Jeff," Helen almost looked pained.

"Yeah, Jeff," she nodded.

Robyn looked at her reflection in the rear view mirror. She'd changed out of the brown skirt and into blue jeans, but kept the white satin blouse on and put on a light blue cardigan. She ran a hand through her hair and then fingered the edge of the cardigan as she recalled Helen's comment as she started the engine.

"I've got a whole drawer full of cardigans at home, I went through a cardigan fad a few years ago but I never wear them."

"What makes you think I don't have enough cardigans?"

"I didn't," she smirked, "but what you don't want you can always give to Erin or Josie, or just chuck them into a charity bin."

"I'll think about it."

Was she going to think about it? Robyn looked down at herself. Despite her sexual inexperience, it was blatantly obvious that Helen was openly flirting. So was Raelene but she was taken, sort of but then again Alana was also flirting. Tonight she hadn't been nearly as forthcoming but she had been talkative, mostly it was small talk about music, movies and books. Granted, they hadn't talked for long because she'd been busy emptying the counters but when Alana told her she'd just finished the latest Harry Potter book Robyn's interest perked up.

"I've been going to read those books ever since I moved out of home," and in answer to Alana's upraised eyebrows she added, "mum banned them from the house because they're about magic and dad has always been too busy to argue with her."

"You can't ban Harry Potter," Alana murmured, "you must read them, I'll loan you the first book if you like."

So now she had another date, Robyn mused as she knocked on Jeff's front door, Friday lunchtime to pick up her brooch and The Philosopher's Stone. It made her feel all the more awkward when Jeff opened the door.

Ever since she'd known Jeff he'd been one of those guys whose fashion sense could best be termed, Bogan. Not for him the latest fashions, except when it came to jeans and that was only because he went through so many pairs of Levis. His other staple items included tee shirts, windcheaters and flannelette shirts, which were mostly worn hanging loosely and open over a tee shirt. However, ever since he'd started dating Robyn he had worn nicer shirts that were actually buttoned and tucked in, but that was only for special occasions like a visit to her parents' home and once for a date early on in their relationship. She had long ago given up trying to influence his wardrobe choices because it only created tension. Jeff was one of those guys who prided himself on looking macho but without the toxic masculinity of his workmates.

Tonight he was wearing a shirt she'd bought for him five months ago in an op shop in Croydon, a white business shirt tucked into black, stretch jeans. The top two buttons were undone and as she stared at his throat she felt a lump in her throat. This was going to be harder than she thought, part of her motivation for coming here was to have 'the talk' and attempt to make a break. When Jeff opened the flywire door and stepped over the threshold to kiss her on the lips however she changed tack and opened her mouth instead. They parted a moment later and she drank in the scent of his cologne.

"You're looking very... sexy tonight," she finally managed.

"It's your fault," he stepped back inside.

"Why is it my fault?" Robyn stepped over the threshold.

"I saw the way your new friends were dressed and decided to put some effort in," he closed the door behind her.

"Where is everyone?" Robyn glanced over her shoulder.

"Danny is at his missus's place and Errol has gone out with his missus," he followed her over to the couch, "so it's just us tonight."

"Okay," Robyn pictured his two housemates. She knew Danny's girlfriend, Tracey but hadn't yet been introduced to Errol's latest girlfriend. Errol seemed to have a six week maximum limit for his girlfriends, neither of his housemates went to church.

"I was expecting you tomorrow," he knelt on the couch as she sat down.

"I'll be at Cindy's joint tomorrow night," she replied, "I've been learning dressmaking."

"So, if I want a dress you're the chick I come and see."

"Ha ha," she grimaced, "somehow I don't think you'd look good in drag but if that's what floats your boat," she reached out to finger his collar, "nice shirt, who bought it for you?"

"That would be you," he looked down at her arm, "two dollars."

"And you wore this because you liked the outfits my friends were wearing, I'm impressed," Robyn glanced at the DVDs on the coffee table, "so, it's a video night then."

"I thought I'd watch this one," he picked it up, "seeing as the boys are out for the night."

"The Thomas Crown Affair," she read the title, "I saw it last month."

"Oh," he glanced at the other selections, they were all action movies.

"But it's cool," she replied, "I can watch it again, I promise not to spoil the ending," she dropped her hand to his leg, "I'll make the coffees."

Robyn had time for reflection as she made the coffees. The plan to end the relationship tonight had been an impromptu one on the way over here, she hadn't quite formulated the exacting wording and the fact that he'd taken the time for a bit of personal grooming was a novelty. Had she overlooked something? It was a mystery and as they sat watching the movie she allowed herself to slip into a familiar posture, lying with her back to his front whilst he stretched one leg out along the couch and planted the other foot on the floor. It was the most comfortable way to sit on the narrow three-seater couch with her legs stretched out on the couch as well.

However, because his cologne smelled so good she was pressed tight against him and thus when the inevitable love scene was playing she felt his cock hardening and then he shifted slightly to adjust himself. For reasons that defied her current state of mind she also adjusted her position so that his cock was hard against her buttocks and when he put his arms around her waist she stroked the backs of his hands gently. Eventually during a dramatic scene he slapped her thigh lightly and murmured under his breath and she put her hand on top of his to keep it there. His other hand was resting on her belly and she kept stroking the back of his hand. When he brought his left hand up to her hip she kept stroking the back of his hand. It was soon apparent that he was losing interest in the movie but trying to maintain the façade as he reached her belt and for a few minutes he became interested in the Harley Davidson belt buckle Penny had bought her.

"Where'd you buy this?" Jeff eventually asked her.

"Caribbean Market," she stroked his left wrist, "I was very naughty and went on Sunday."

"Why was that naughty?"

"Mum would be spitting chips if she knew."

"I won't tell her then," he pulled at it playfully, "wouldn't have picked you for a Harley girl."

"Yeah, I thought so, Penny bought it for me and I shouted her a cup of coffee and some donuts," she smiled slyly.

"It's a bloody beauty, I kind of noticed it before."

"Ah, so now your secret is out," she grabbed his leg suddenly, "you were perving at my crotch."

"I um," he stopped as she giggled.

"It's all right, Jeff, I understand that much. Men notice boobs and vaginas, we notice arses and bums, it's only natural. It only gets uncomfortable if that's all you're looking at."

"That's what I like about you, you're so open minded."

"I have to be," she looked at the television, "especially with my mum."

"Your mum always makes me nervous."

"Welcome to the club, she'll be freaking out now that I'm going to start reading J.K Rowling's books, Alana is going to lend me the first book."

"So, you'll be turning invisible soon," he dropped his hands to her legs.

"Something like that," she shifted position slightly and dropped her right foot to the floor. Jeff winced and she leaned forward, "sorry, I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"I'm fine," he replied, "just a little adjustment."

She didn't reply to that as she let the back of her head rest on his chest and for the next few minutes or so no words were spoken but when she grabbed his left leg he stroked her thighs. It took her by surprise because he'd never done that before but when his hand reached the part where her legs met her hips she wriggled slightly. However, when he tried to move his hands away she put her hands on top of them in a silent signal.

A few more minutes went by and then his hands had moved over her abdomen, she let her hands slide over his wrists. They stayed there for a minute or so before moving up and under her cardigan, Robyn closed her eyes and let his fingers slide over the satin blouse. She felt the familiar sensations of arousal tinged with curiosity and boldness as Jeff's hands moved over her belly. She sensed his anxiety and rubbed his wrists slowly and kept her eyes locked on the television, she wasn't even watching the movie now. She fumbled with the bottom button on her cardigan and a minute or two later Jeff looked down at her front and then he tickled her belly. Robyn shivered as his hands moved up further but stopped just below her breasts and for the next five minutes they moved between her abdomen and breasts but without touching them.

He only stopped stroking her belly when she sat up and leaned forward.

"What's up?"

"I need a piss," she stood up.

"You want me to pause it?"

"No," she turned to look at the television, I've seen it already," and with that she was heading for the hallway.

Jeff's unexpected physical approaches had surprised her. Normally he wasn't as free with his hands, preferring to just leave them on her belly or around her shoulders and that brought up another issue. They were alone with no chance of being interrupted not that either of his housemates would object to anyone having sex in a bedroom. It was something they had briefly discussed when they first got together but because they were both Christians it'd been a short discussion.

Jeff's official excuse had been that unplanned pregnancies just complicated matters but he didn't know she'd been on the pill ever since she moved out of home. Her excuse had simply been that she wanted to wait until she was married and it was too soon for either of them to take that decision. It had only occurred to her some time after they were recognised as an item that neither of them had fallen back on bible verses to justify staying celibate until marriage.

We could do it, Robyn looked down at herself as she finished pissing, I'm on the bloody pill, but he won't have condoms, she straightened up and frowned. Wasn't this the best way to find out though? Try it on for size?

It was a question without an easy answer though because deep down she sensed that the real reason she had insisted on staying celibate until marriage had more to do with her sexual orientation than a desire to honour some ancient biblical text.

Why am I with him? Robyn mused as she made her way back down the hallway.

I do have condoms, she stared at her handbag, why am I even thinking about this now?.

The short answer was immediately apparent when she stepped into the living room. Jeff still hadn't shifted his position but he had taken the cups to the kitchen. Jeff was dependable and unchanging, he could have easily taken advantage of her before but he'd kept his hands from her genitals and her breasts. She'd never sit in that position with another guy and therein lay the heart of the problem, he was to all intents and purposes the perfect guy. He was so much like her father it was almost surreal, he didn't judge or try to control her life and no matter what her decision he supported it.