Words from a Country Song Ch. 04

Story Info
Thinkin' 'Bout Me
822 words
4
998
1

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 01/21/2024
Created 09/17/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jalibar62
Jalibar62
451 Followers

Words from a Country Song - Chapter 4

This one is based on the song "Thinkin' 'Bout Me." It was written by Ashley Gorley, Ryan Vojtesak, Taylor Phillips, and John Byron, and was recorded by Morgan Wallen. All credit to them.

This is another 750-word flash story. If you have requests of your own, put 'em in comments or contact me through the site!

♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬

If someone was to ask me, right now, right fuckin' now, where you are, I wouldn't have to think. The answer is, I don't have a clue where you're at. Don't care, neither. Don't care where you are or where you've been, or where you're goin'. I do know that your new boy, the one you're so into, is in for a big goddamn surprise. I don't know one damn thing about him, but I do know that I almost feel bad for him. Ask me, do I feel bad for you? Not so much.

You probably forgot - or maybe you never realized - but I know you. Maybe... probably... that's why we fell apart - you never saw us; you never saw me; it was always just you, and you couldn't believe that my mind - my heart - didn't work the same way. We ain't all broken, baby, and when it's like that - when it's all you and never us, one and one do not make two. It just stays one and one. And before too long, it becomes one and none. And you know what? I don't feel bad for you. I mighta been the one that left, but you threw us away long before that, and that shit is on you.

I remember everything you put me through, before I had it up to here, and got myself gone. Like I said, I know you, and I know you're gonna do what you do, and he's gonna start feelin' that hell pretty soon. As soon as the shiny and new wears off. Or has it already, baby?

But until that happens, I can almost hear you; promising he's the only one, tellin' him whatever you and I had is long burned out; that you ain't had a single thought about me. But I know better. I bet you're cussin' my name, ain't you? Well baby, you can lie to him, but not me.

I saw you at the bar last week; you were sippin' from his drink like you used to do with me. Tell me you're not thinkin' 'bout me when you do. You can't, can you?

When you're ridin' in his car, I bet you wish it was my truck instead. Do you make him drive down my street? I bet you do. I bet you stare in my front window, tryin' to see who I'm with now. It ain't none of your business now, baby, remember? But I bet he wonders what you're starin' so hard at, but he doesn't say anything, does he? Just ponders and tucks it away.

Do you feel him pullin' away? Knowin' what went on with us, how you didn't ever seem to pay me no mind, I bet you don't see it this time neither. But he is, I'm pretty damn sure. Just a little at a time, but I bet it's happenin'.

When he takes you home, when you're in his bed... God damnit, I didn't want to think about that... but I need to know - I think I already know - when you close your eyes, who do you see? I'm still in your head, ain't I? Can you look him in the eye when you're... God damnit to hell. You can lie to him, but you can't lie to yourself. Or can you? That'd be about the saddest thing I ever heard, if that were true.

I remember when it started to go bad, and the things you did then... are you doing them to him too? When you're together, do you keep your phone hidden? Do you go to the other room when it rings? Did you change my contact info to another name? I bet you did. Who am I now, baby?

What about when y'all go out? Do you avoid the places that we used to go? How do you explain it, when he wants to go to one of our spots? Any story you can think of, no matter how far out of your way it is, whatever it takes, just to avoid seein' me? He's probably wonderin' about that. Tucking it away. It's gonna come out eventually, baby.

What the hell am I tryin' to say? Why do I even care? I fuckin' don't care! Hell no, I don't want you back.

Shit.

Do I still drive you crazy, baby? Tell me the truth; when you close your eyes, who do you see? Are you thinkin' 'bout me?

Jalibar62
Jalibar62
451 Followers