Wounded Sheep

Story Info
Some heroes are villains. And some villains are saints.
33.7k words
4.69
29.3k
26
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: All sexual acts in this story are performed by adults 18 years of age or older.

---->Warning: Sex in this story consists of Group sex; Interracial; BBC; Nonconsent/Reluctance; Hetero Oral/vaginal/anal. And just a "touch" of cuckolding?

I was inspired to write this one after reading one of my all time favorites on Literotica. "Kept" by Oshaw. It's about a man on a wagon train during the California gold rush. If you haven't read it? Then I highly recommend it as it is an exceptional piece of Fiction under the "Loving Wives" category. Pretty much anything by Oshaw is damned good, as a matter of fact.

HOWEVER - "THIS" story is a western set in a wagon train on it's way to the Virginia City Silver rush. See the inspiration I was talking about? It is a long story. So if you're looking for something fast to throw into the spank bank? Then you probably want to move on to another story.

Thank you.

Hayden D. Linder

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Can you ride?"

"Can you shoot?"

"And it helps if you're ugly."

~Texas Ranger recruitment poster~

Cateh hated being a whore but she was good at it. She learned early on how to read a man. When to be a bitch. When to be a friend. When to flatter. When to ridicule. Men were pretty easy to read more times than not. Though there were always exceptions.

Tennessee Mike was not one of them. Mike had three wagons, 18 girls, 3 guards and a Madam named Gertie. Gertie was a thin waif of a woman. Almost passed her prime. Cateh dreaded the thought that someday she'll have been in this business as long as Gertie. She caught herself making a face and quickly went back to smiling pleasantly to the men who walked passed Mike's wagons.

When Mike got word of another silver strike in Virginia City, Nevada. He began buying up girls contracts and purchasing supplies for the long trek. Mike could care less about silver. But he knew Miners liked to fuck and with a new influx of people. That meant there was money to be made. So he bought what he could in Kansas City. Joined a train of men going to Denver. And made money like a pimp along the way.

Most of the folks joining the wagon train were single men. Bent on making it rich from the silver in Virginia City. And Mike was intent on getting what little money those men had.

Tennessee Mike bought Cateh's contract from a bastard of a man in a small town just outside of Kansas City. It did not take her long to understand what kind of boss Mike was. Mike grew up poor and making his living from stealing and lying on the streets of Jackson Mississippi. She didn't know how he got his name but she knew he wasn't the kind of pimp that seduced a woman into this career. He was the kind that bought your contract and expected you to make him money. And if you had a problem with that? Well, Mike would help you overcome your difficulties.

Cateh shuddered remembering the last girl. She decided it would be far better to focus on her task of enticing the young men of...

"Girtie? ...Where are we?" She asked.

"Little fart of a town called "Salina." Girtie answered.

"That's a funny lookin cowpoke." She heard Lisa say.

Mike had parked his three wagons to form a "U" shape. So the ladies could sit in the middle to catch the eye of would be customers. Lisa was one of the younger girls. Just turned eighteen. And as such, Girtie kept her sitting in the middle with her. Not far from their small campfire.

Cateh looked up to see who Lisa was talking about. What she saw was a rather dower looking man riding slowly toward them. He looked to be in his thirties. With black hair and dark eyes. He was clean shaven. With clean clothes. Black slacks. White collarless shirt. A brown big brimmed hat. Cowboy boots. NO spurs she noticed. And a Colt .45 Peacemaker in a cross draw over his left hip.

"That ain't no cowpoke." Gertie commented.

"Miner?" One of the girls asked.

"Too clean." Cateh answered.

She saw him wish Mr. Goffins good morning at the wagon just before theirs and then the man looked up to make eye contact with her. Cateh felt a nervous tremor flutter through her. He was one of those exceptions. She had no idea what kind of man he was.

His horse continued on to stop about twenty yards in front of the ladies.

"Good morning." He nodded without a smile as he crossed his arms over the pommel of his saddle to rest.

Cateh still couldn't get a read on the man but she decided to chance it. She cocked her left leg up on top of a small crate. The slit in her skirt allowed it to fall and expose her long tan Seminole calf and thigh. She watched as the man's eyes slowly climbed up her leg and she smiled. She crossed her arms under her breasts. Causing more of her cleavage to be on display due to her loose fitting camisole. She watched as his stare climbed up her hips to her breasts and finally reached her face.

With her long black hair lightly blowing in the wind, she knew she looked stunning. And she could finally tell he liked it.

"What can we do for you, Mr.?" She asked with a grin.

"THESE ARE THE WHORES OF BABYLON AND THEY WILL TAKE YOU TO HELL WITH THEM!"

The "Fire and brimstone" minister from a few wagons away had snuck up on her.

Again.

The rider watched as Cateh's eyes rolled and her head fell back in exasperation. Until she glared at the screaming old man in the black suit and hat. She saw the stranger calmly look at the Minister who had come to a stop only a few feet from his horse. And then just as calmly, the newcomer returned his glance to her.

"You have to forgive Parson Withers, here. He's just sure we're gonna drag you to perdition." She told the rider with a sarcastic smile. "I've found that he leaves rather quickly if you use harsh language..." She glanced back at the Parson. "...and THREATS - OF - VIOLENCE!"

The Parson took a step back before looking at the stranger again.

"Please feel free to do the same." She smiled pleasantly at the stranger.

Then the man said the one thing she never expected to come out of his mouth.

"I'm a Preacher."

...

Parson Withers smiled.

She was stunned. It took her a moment to realize she had dropped her leg down to be hidden behind her skirt. That irritated her. But when she noticed all of the girls quietly pulling their shawls closed to conceal their cleavage? That infuriated her.

The Preacher had started to dismount. She didn't care. She was angry. She stormed over to him in time for him to turn around only to find her standing a few inches away.

"Well, let's hear it then!" She screamed. "Not bad enough we got one son of bitch callin us trash all God - damned - day! Now we got two of ya?!"

The Preacher glanced at the Parson before looking back at her. "You have to forgive our brother, here. He's working under the delusion that you girls have a choice."

Cateh was stunned.

Again.

The Preacher rubbed her upper right arm in a comforting manner before slipping passed her.

"Any chance I can get some of that coffee?" He asked Girtie.

It took Girtie a moment to realize he was talking to her. She gave herself a small shake before reaching for the pot on their campfire and a cup. "Of course, Preacher. Have a seat." She smiled nervously.

"Are you actually going to sit down with these harlots?" Parson Withers asked as he walked up to the Preacher.

The Preacher looked at him. "I do believe I have to, Brother."

"...What!?"

The Preacher shrugged. "The Lord consistently sat with people worse than these ladies." He stated as he motioned to the woman sitting around him.

The Parson looked apoplectic. "...They're vile temptresses!"

The Preacher shook his head. "The stories I read show whores to be in pretty good standing with the Lord. And I don't recall either set of the Ten commandments saying "Thou shalt not whore."

"But..." The Parson waived his hands at the girls like an imbecile. "But!.."

"You went to seminary. Didn't you?"

The Parson nodded.

"You were quizzed on the stories? Tested on them?"

The Parson nodded some more.

"Then the question isn't "How can I be sitting with our sisters." It's "Why are you acting like a Sadducee?"

The Parson took several moments to grunt, whine and look utterly confused. Before finally storming off.

"Any chance I can get some cream and sugar?"

"...We have milk?" Girtie asked.

"That would be perfect. Thank you, Sister." The Preacher smiled.

Tennessee Mike had been standing back, watching. The argument between the two preachers had been fun but now this new one was staying for coffee.

"No! No! No!" Mike said as he walked out to the middle of their little encampment. "You take your coffee and go, Preacher!" He said as he made a shoo-ing motion with his hand.

The Preacher seemed to be taken aback. "Not very hospitable, Brother."

"Don't you "Brother" me. You ain't my brother. And you ain't stayin here an chasin off all a my customers."

"I haven't chased off anyone." The Preacher said defensively.

"No man is gonna wanna poke. With a preacher sittin here." Mike stated in a tone that he reserved for idiots.

"I think you underestimate the... uh, {fortitude} of most men's desires when contemplating whoring." The Preacher smiled as he sipped his coffee.

Mike stood up straight and looked at Girtie as if she could explain why this man was so dense.

"Besides, it's not like I'm interfering with your busiest time of the day." The Preacher took another sip.

"I'll have you know, six of my girls are with customers on the other side of these wagons. This - IS - my busy time."

Just then, they could clearly hear, from the far side of the wagons, "That's it, girl! Yes! Yes! Arrrrggh..."

The Preacher looked back from where the scream came to Mike. "It seems business is doing fine."

A young man tapped the Preacher on the shoulder. "Excuse me, are you hoggin these girls or are some still free?"

The Preacher shrugged and shook his head. "I'm just having coffee. Don't let me stop you."

"Thank you, sir." The young man said before approaching a quiet girl on the end. She smiled and took his hand before walking with him to the other side of the wagons.

"Still seems like all is working as you intended, Brother."

Mike growled. "I don't need the headache o you tryin to talk all my girls into leadin the life o the straight an narrow."

"Well, it wouldn't be very smart of me to do that." Mike looked confused before the Preacher continued. "I mean, all of these girls are under contract. - Correct?"

Mike nodded.

"So I could explain to them how this life will destroy them spiritually, mentally, emotionally and in some cases physically..."

The Preacher did NOT fool Mike with his little "I would never" act. All the while spelling out for the girls what was wrong with this job. Mike was beginning to get furious.

"But they'd still be legally required to work for you. That wouldn't be good of me. It would just stir up trouble for all of them AND you." The Preacher ended with another sip.

"Yeah?" Mike nodded "...Then why're you sittin here?" He asked with suspicion.

"Because, Brother." The Preacher smiled one last time before his countenance became very cold. "-You- are not under the same legal restrictions."

Mike stepped away. "...The HELL you say!"

"This life will destroy you, Brother."

Mike began to walk backwards. "You get the hell outta here! You ain't convertin me today!"

"I certainly hope not. It would make the rest of this trip quite dull." The Preacher gave him a rather evil grin as he took another sip.

"You! You! You finnish your coffee and get!" Mike yelled just before he fled out of site.

Cateh watched the Preacher give a small laugh as she heard the rest of the girls giggle.

"Alright, girls. Settle down." Girtie said with a bemused grin. "Mike won't mind being the butt of a joke for a spell but let's not push the man." Then she pointed at the Preacher in mock irritation. "And you!"

The Preacher put on an expression of mock surprise.

"You stop trying to infuriate the man. You're liable to get us in all sorts a trouble." She laughed.

The Preacher laughed too. "My apologies, Sister. It's not my intention to cause you any problems." He smiled before taking another sip of coffee.

Girtied gave a happy nod to him while Cateh returned from where she'd been standing to sit down with the rest of the girls.

"I promise to behave myself from now on." He said solemnly before looking at Cateh. "How much for a poke?"

Cateh's eyes got huge and her mouth fell open in shock. "Uh... Uh..." She looked at Girtie to see she was just as shocked.

Girtie shook herself again. "Uh... That'd be Ten Dollars Preacher."

She emphasised "Preacher" as if to remind the man.

He nodded. "Well, I'm sorry. I can't take a poke, Sister." He said to Cateh with a shake of his head. He dug into his left breast pocket to pull out a few bills. "But I can pay for my coffee." He smiled.

Girtie gave a shrewd smile as she took the proffered bills from him. "And you just said you was gonna behave."

The Preacher man gave another small laugh.

"Pretty expensive cup o coffee though." She finished.

"Well, Mike's used to people trying to take from him all the time. It'll be nice for him to get something extra for a change."

Girtie replied with another small laugh.

"So where are you girls coming from?" He asked.

Girtie shrugged and told the story of how Mike had heard Virginia City had hit another big silver strike and bought several of the girls while he was in Wichita. And how he picked up her, the rest of the girls, supplies and His men on the trail.

While Girtie talked Cateh noticed the Preacher's left hand. His ring finger had a solid gold band. Not surprising actually. But the fact that he wore it's mate on his pinky finger right next to it made her feel a little sad for him. There was only one reason she could think of that a man would do that.

"So, what about you, Preacher?" Girtie asked. "What's your story?"

He gave a small laugh with a shrug. "Not much to tell really. After the war I didn't feel like going back to... Well, I felt like I needed a change. So I became a Circuit preacher."

Penelope, one of the girls too young to know you didn't ask a man... "What'd you do in the war?"

He could see the other girls cringe at her question.

But he gave her a kind smile before saying, "Kept my head down, rode like hell and killed people." He answered with another sip of coffee. "...Anyway, Eventually found a girl to marry..." He was a little lost in thought just then. "Built her a wagon so she could make the circuit with me..."

After a few moments of silence Cateh asked as gently as she could, "...What happened?"

He gave a shrug and finished his coffee. "Cholera. About two years ago... Suddenly riding the circuit wasn't as fulfilling as it used to be. So I started doing odd jobs... That's how I make my living most of the time. Carpentry, some blacksmithing and I'm a pretty good butcher."

"Most men would've given up on preachin all together." Girtie commented.

"Well..." He looked at Girtie. "Bein pisst at the son of a bitch. An pretendin he ain't there. Are two TOTALLY different things, Sister." He smiled to let her know he wasn't mad at her.

Cateh thought she heard a southern accent slip out when he got upset.

Girtie nodded before asking, "What brought you here?"

"I heard about Virginia City and thought another change would do me good. So I loaded up the wagon and headed this way."

Theo had worked for Mike for a few weeks now. Mike paid well as long as you followed every order. Theo had done worse things for less money so working for Mike was pretty comfortable. He only had to kill one or two people over the last few weeks. He was happy. Not that you could tell by looking at him.

He was good with a knife, but he was profound with a six gun. When he was a kid he'd fallen in with a tough crowd in South Texas. He was young, with a pistol on his hip. He thought he was the "Cock o the walk." Then one day the Diablos Tejanos rode through and murdered every man he'd thought had been really something. To his shame, Theo ran like a coward. He spent every day after that getting good with a gun. When he could put a .45 through a half dollar at fifty paces from the quick draw? He started practicing with his left hand. That was ten years ago. Now, he was 26, he was not famous, and, despite his perpetual frown, he couldn't be happier.

BUT - as he watched that Preacher he could not shake the small tremor of fear creeping up his spine. A tremor that didn't subside until the Preacher finally made his goodbyes and left the camp to visit with the rest of the wagon train.

"You alright?" He heard Mike ask.

It surprised Theo, but Tennessee Mike was one of the few people he felt like he could talk to. He nodded before glancing to make sure the Preacher was still gone.

"You don't look it." He said with a small shake of his head.

Theo shrugged. "There's something about that Preacher." He replied as he turned to face his boss.

"You know him?"

He shook his head. "But I think he reminds me of someone. I just can't place who."

"Alright." Mike nodded. "You remember anything you let me know first thing. You understand?"

"Yeah, Boss." Theo nodded.

Cateh had decided to see what that preacher was doing. It bothered her just how odd he was.

"Where you goin?" Andrew asked.

He was another of Mike's men.

"I'm gonna step away for a bit. I wanna see what that Preacher man is up to."

Andrew nodded. "Just don't get into any trouble." He mumbled in a gruff tone.

Girtie caught Mike glancing out of his tent so she excused herself and went to him.

"That Preacher's gone?" He asked calmly.

"Yes. He is." She answered cooly while rubbing her hands up and down his biceps. "You're not mad, are ya? The girls were just havin a little laugh." She smiled nervously.

Mike shook his head. "Nah. I don't mind pretending that Preacher gets to me. Amuses the girls and that Preacher earned it." He motioned for her to give him his money. "I'll play the fool for him every day if he can get that Parson to shut the hell up." He finished as Girtie handed him a few bills.

He counted the money before pulling the tent flap back. As if staring at his girl's tents would help him do the math. It should've been 60 Dollars. "Why do I have seventy Dollars?" He asked.

"Oh! Preacher paid for his coffee."

Mike made a face. "That's one expensive cup a coffee."

"That's what I said!" She laughed. "But he said you were so used to folks stealin from ya. He thought'd be a nice turn for you to get a little somethin extra."

"Huh." He said as he looked at the money and then shrugged. He put the money in his shirt pocket before having a seat in his wooden chair. He motioned for Girtie to come closer. He unfastened his belt and the fly of his pants as she stepped to him. Once he had pulled out his pecker, he motioned for her to have a seat.

Girtie hiked up her skirt and straddled his lap. He brought her down so she rubbed up against him and began to move her gently up and down to get things flowing.

"We could just use some oil, Boss." She asked gently.

"It's not the same."

She nodded before placing her hands on his shoulders. "Now would probably be a bad time for me to start thinkin about supplies we need to get."

"You gonna start makin jokes?" He said as he continued to gently move her up and down.

"Maybe. Would jokes help?" She smiled.

"Ha!" He smiled. "Well, I ain't in no hurry. So, they ain't gonna hurt."

She nodded and gave a small laugh but she couldn't think of anything funny right then. Plus, what he was doing was starting to work.

"You seem to be comin along a little faster than usual." Mike asked?