All Comments on 'Wounded Sheep'

by HaydenDLinder

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 3 years agoAuthor

@RiverMaya Thank you for the comment. Yeah, this one got away form me but I enjoyed writing it. I'm glad you liked it as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great story!

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 3 years agoAuthor

@Anon on 9/7/2020 Thank you. I'm very happy you liked it. :)

Bellie444Bellie444over 3 years ago
An excellent Western

Very well written, professional. The characters were quite likable, even the pimp which was a surprise. There was a great dynamic between the characters with some serious themes (which is realistic for a Western) but managed to avoid going full throttle trauma. A lot of it was, weirdly, uplifting and I was very pleased with the end for Mrs Walker and Cateh. Gertie / Silak was a bummer but again, minimal carnage and I appreciate you didn’t wipe everyone out, which is easily done in a dangerous climate. The detail was very good though a bit much for my eager attention span; I skimmed a lot of the gold/military detail because I was very invested in the character relationships and impatient to know what happened in the story. The Preacher/Cateh scene was a total slow burn and worth the wait though.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 3 years agoAuthor

Hi Bellie, Thank you very much for the comment. This one is one of my favorites and a complimentary post from you means a lot. I'm a big fan of your work as well. The details about the characters were important on this one as I was trying to show not all people are "Good" or "Bad." Some are that way depending on the situation and some are just plain complicated. I'm very happy you enjoyed it and commented.

gordo12gordo12over 2 years ago

Love westerns and I enjoyed that. Good job Hayden. 5*

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you Gordo. I thought you'd like it but it means a lot, you saying so.

Crusader235Crusader235over 2 years ago

Great revenge Western. I kept setting a pale rider type Clint Eastwood playing the Preacher in my mind eye while reading this. It'd make a great spaghetti western, maybe without the rape scene. Five Stars!

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 2 years agoAuthor

To: Crusader235, Thank you so much for enjoying the story. I really appreciate that. And thank you for the 5*.

As for the rape scene? I put it in because 1) It was hot. And 2) I needed the reader to see the Buffalo Soldiers as bad guys. Until they weren't. It was the whole "People are complicated" thing.

Thank you for commenting. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was hot! Loved it 5

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anon on 3/24/23, Thank you so much. I really enjoyed this one and am very happy you enjoyed it too. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHaydenDLinder@HaydenDLinder
10/3/2022 Hi everyone, Just updating my profile. The link below is to my Fantasy Fiction book about Ninjas. "The Hand of Death." https://www.amazon.com/Hand-Death-Hayden-D-Linder-ebook/dp/B00VC1408Y/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1EMTDQT5HENZN&keywords=hayden+d+linder&qid=1664811261&s=book...