Wounded Sheep

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Opposite side of town." Elijah answered. Mike frowned. "Nothin personal. Just tradition."

"Yup." Mike nodded. "You always were a traditionalist."

After a good bit of talking they decided to setup camp in the hills overlooking the town from the East.

"You honestly think people won't mind a cathouse right across the street from their church?" Mike asked as they rode down.

"If they do. Then they probably need a different church." The Preacher smiled.

"Negro troops were shirkers in their duties and would only go

so far as they were led by white officers."

~Theodore Roosevelt~ AFTER returning from Cuba.

Sergeant Tolliver Jackson stood on the dock. Watching their three new steamer trunks being lifted up and over to the sailing ship. They had booked passage from Galveston Texas to Havana Cuba. Where they would find passage to Europe.

He and Grover shared a steamer trunk. Cummings and the boys shared another. And he had splurged on Caroline. Filling a steamer to the brim with the best Galveston had to offer. She was resplendent in the royal blue dress and womens jacket. With a broad brimmed hat and veil to match. Grover was... he shook his head. Grover's red suit and canary yellow vest was eye catching. Thankfully the Cavalry hat and brown boots and holster seemed to calm it down. Some anyway. "If the boy goes overboard? We ain't gonna have any trouble findin him." Cummings had joked.

As it was, it made it easy to spot him and the boys. Grover seemed to be their favorite. Currently they were excited. Tugging his arm to get his attention as they pointed out all of the features about the ship that {clearly} Grover couldn't see without their direction.

He heard laughter from Cummings. Who was obviously enjoying the scene with the boys and shared that with Caroline. She seemed to stay close to him. Most of the time. The large man did strike an impressive image. Black cowboy hat and boots. Navy suit with black vest. Some filigree of gold embroidered on the collar and pockets of the vest being the only garish feature for Cummings. Two Army colts in a new shoulder rig meant no one knew how dangerous he could be.

And then Sergeant Toll... No. He was a civilian now. He would need to remember that. Especially since it wasn't legal. None of them had completed their commitments. And none of them cared. But as he looked down at his dark gray suit with royal blue vest. Brown boots and Hat. he rather liked the ensemble. The custom holster was nice too. He'd been inspired by Reverend Elijah. Thin leather holster sitting sideways across the base of his back. Held two Army Colts close together. But facing in opposite directions. So he could draw both guns before anyone knew he was armed.

As he looked at himself and his... family? He thought,

"Why do white folks gotta make bank robbery so damned complicated?"

They ride into town, looking suspicious. Go to the bank. Start screaming and yelling. Sometimes firing their guns. Sometimes hurting people that don't need to be hurt. Grab the money and ride out of town in a hail of bullets. And then there [may] or {may not} be a posse. Followed by >more< shooting.

He shook his head. When all you had to do was take off your boots. Because they make too much noise. Wrap your feet in thick cloth. Go to the Doctor's office around three in the morning. Be sure to take a hooded lamp and a couple of metal picks for the door lock. Cut eye holes in a brown pillow case. Throw that over your head. So no one knows your Black. VERY important. Wear gloves. Get into the Doctor's office with the picks. Close the blinds if they ain't. Open the lamp. Find an empty bottle. Fill it with chloroform. Grab some rags. Cover the lamp. Lock the door behind you. And scout the bank tomorrow.

Find the Bank Managers home. At 3am the next morning. Chloroform him. Bind, gag and blindfold him. Throw him over your shoulder and go to the bank. Chloroform the outside guard. Bind, gag and blindfold him. Pick the side door on the bank. Chloroform the inside guard who was sleeping. Because this job is "boring." Bind, gag and blindfold him. Drag the manager in. Put him in a chair next to the safe. Close the blinds if they ain't. Take off the blindfold. Release one of his hands.

And place a knife next to his nuts!

Low - and - behold! Here's your money!

Three towns, two banks and one General store. NOT in Galveston. And the only people troubled by the events were the uptight Bank Managers who wouldn't have worked with him anyway. Because he's Black OR Mrs. Walker. Because she's a woman.

Got baths, shaves and haircuts on the edge of Galveston. Bought new clothes. Then moved to the nice hotel before seeking passage. And life is finally looking good.

Tolliver saw the Second Mate step off the boat to speak with Mrs. Walker. She and Cummings nodded smiles to the man. Before he yelled, "Grover! Time to load up! Get the boys on board! Tolliver? You ready?"

Grover was in charge of David and Benjamin. Cummings had Mrs. Walker. And Tolliver got to be the bag man. He nodded to his friend. Picked up the four new leather travel cases. And waited for all of his friends to get passed the Gangplank.

Just before getting on board. He took one last look at the U.S.A. Before praying,

"God bless you, Preacher."

The end.

1...5678910