All Comments on 'You Can Go Home Again'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 802 Comments (Page 5)
jlcnazjlcnazover 3 years ago

Awesome Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Among the best ever.

Great story, great writer. That's all that needs to be said.

christynucchristynucover 3 years ago
Loved it

I really like how the story flows. Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
One thing

Great writing. But one thing in these stories I don't understand.

They leave, cheat whatever, and claim to madly still love their husbands but date and have sex with others while saying they want the husband back.

Why in the real world would any guy believe them?

Dating others and definitely sex, sort of doesn't sync with those claims.

So why do so many writers use that in stories?

Marriage is a legal construct now stays. Its the commitment that's the real focus.

And again claiming those things doesn't match.

But still nice story but really his parents, for years, didn't mention the child?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You create such interesting characters. To me the very best stories are the ones with children, I can picture Makenna. I appreciate the wonderful stories you share.

somewhere east of Omaha

awyldsideawyldsideabout 3 years ago

VERY long, but worth it. A few points that got muddled. Like bringing him to a party and practically ditching him. It was her idea to take him knowing it would be a big step for him. I'd be pissed too.

She made a big point of him always running away, but she did it first and should have kept her mouth shut on that. He should have said that she did it first every time she brought it up.

I'm surprised he didn't get deep and tell her just how hurt he was when she left. As long as this story was, it needed for him to express his heartfelt pain of what he went through. More than a couple of sentences.

awyldsideawyldsideabout 3 years ago

ooops, hit send before I finished my thoughts. The other thing she should have know was how hurt he was when he moved away just days after she left him. Moved completely out. Not just leave for a few days or weeks. I would really hate my parents for not telling me I had a daughter. I think he would come back knowing this and they may have saved years off of their separation. She then could have explained to him better.

The more I think about this story though, I really, really liked it. Hence, the 5 stars. Great job. I'll check out some more of your work. RAAC is not one I would read if it had a cheating wife without a "getting more that even" for the husband.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

a NICE STORY WITH A HAPPY ENDING. I can well understanding him running and not wanting to talk to her. She hurt him by leaving with no real explanation the he could understand. I've been there and done that. Still married the wife left me with two girls and got an apartment. Tried talking to her while crying. All she could say was I want to go out and screw around but if it doesn't work out can I come back to you? Yeah, true story and I couldn't believe it either. She ripped my family apart 40 years ago. Keep writn'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great 5 stars

What I most would like to see in a sequel is husband packing his bags about a year later and telling wife he just needs a bit of time to find himself...maybe a couple of years...I'll try to keep in touch dear.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent story!! Ripley finally grew up up in those 3 plus years. Glad they ended back together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
names

I like the unique names used... Kaine and Ripley. Their daughter Makenna, and sons Beelzebub and Bacchus...

I can understand the dog getting the Atlas moniker as dogs usually get good names (when named by proper parents), but the names for kids these days are getting ridiculous (Lashwanda, Kuzeekee, Methusela). Illiterate parents with dented phonics.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Really enjoyed the story but had a hard time coming to like Ripley.

She appeared to be manipulative and pushed most of the blame on him, especially when he "ran away".

I think most ppl would've done the same, just to ease the pain. And everything that looked really suspicious was always explained with him being an asshole etc.

And her claiming that she never stopped loving him felt weird when it cam to light that she dated playboys.

Most of the important information is sadly left out so while she could've told the truth about everything, she could've lied aswell

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

What a wonderful story. Like a lot of others here I enjoy a happy ending too. But - I finally found a guy who let his ego get in the way to the point it nearly cost him too much. How could he not at least listen to what she had to say and, as the story played out, miss out on the chance to meet his daughter.

You write terrific stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story but what an asshole Kaine was. When Ripley told him she was moving out he ran away instead of fighting for the women he loved. What an idiot but hey probably wouldn't have had a story if Kaine wasn't portrayed as an idiot.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

This was a very good story but you must remember it is fiction. in my experience, (I'm 80), when a woman (your wife) says she's leaving you and wants to find herself, that's the end of the marriage there is no going back, there is no love that strong or she never would have left. They find someone else. End of story, except he should have run away when she found him in pizza bar and never looked back. It hurts to much when when a wife leaves you and two girls to find herself. I was luck though after that I found a woman with 4 kids that loved me for 40 year. Well written story.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

A very good fantasy story but leaving "to find yourself" and causing your loving spouse all that pain that drags on for 4 years. Yeah, what with other lover's during that time, no way in hell would it turn out like this fairy tale. And with parents that never told you about your possible child, pleeeease.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A beautifully written tale of rediscovered love. Kaine, in common with so many of the men in Loving Wives fiction, is a weak, immature coward, who runs and hides rather than facing the problem confronting him. Ripley may be far from perfect but she's strong and mature enough to walk through the pain to get what she wants.

Still, if men weren't weak and women weren't resourceful there would be much fewer tales to tell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Re: anonymous 3/24 I disagree he was a weak immature coward. I disagree vehemently, I see as a hurt individual who had to get away from his source of the pain., His pain was so magnified because Kaine still loved Ripley. Things we do as young individuals may make us look less than desirable human, We all been there and done stupid things ourselves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well he wasnt a coward, just someone hurt that wanted to lessen the pain.

Sounds like the wife didnt really communicate well.

And really the whole moving out thing, was BS so uncertain if realistic plot point but useable.

But the issue I had with the story was, if she still loved him so much and was endlessly trying to get back together... why was she dating and having sex with other men?

This was not explained in the story and would to most men be the first thing they thought about before taking her back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not a bad story, but, after all the name calling and the leaving by himself at the fund raiser without giving him a heads up, I would have been gone. She's the one that wanted him back and yet she still treated like shit.

lazarus402002lazarus402002about 3 years ago

i liked it. i take it for what its worth. many readers forget it is a story for entertainment. and they take it so seriously as if it was a true story. my take? take a chill pill and lean back, drink your coffee, and enjoy it...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

RAAC. Ok, so how many guys (or gals) had Ripely between the ink drying on her divorce and the birth of Makenna? Ie how many crazed spurned lovers will Kaine have to fight off? And how many notches on his bed post between divorce and getting back together? He is already an inferior as she so tactlessly pointed out that she could buy all the toys and diamond belly studs he could never afford by her basically being a whore - selling her charms for a price. He's clearly sexually inferior too as there are no indications of any women he has had after the divorce. How can Kaine possible compete with her career successes while he's an abject failure? Eventually she'll choose herself and her career over him leaving him to be a house husband. He'll be if no use to her at her celebrity functions. Reduced to a babysitter. When does he get to "find himself"?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved the story and perhaps it should have been posted in the romance section to avoid the BTB trolls comments.

Have to say I don't know why Ripley would have wanted him back he seems to run away when ever life gets tough. What she will end up with is not only her own kids but also a big kid called Kaine.

I can't see this ever being a real life story but there are a lot of men out there like Kaine who aren't tough enough to deal with things that life throw at them.

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 3 years ago

She felt that the time away from Kaine helped her grow up.

But was it like having time away from him intending to return caused this effect?

Or was it the reality of divorce that matured her?

On the subject of men, I noticed that her "I sure can pick them" put a guy who walks away when he feels hurt in the same category as a straight razor (!) toting maniac.

By the end of the story, the narrative was that it the problem had just been Kaine. Just saying....

LoisKnight69LoisKnight69about 3 years ago
to LT56linebacker 11/14/20 Dog Saves Day

LT56linebacker 11/14/20 quoted and wrote::

"....it was a good feel good story, and the dog saved the day. You won't see a cat do that."

I agree about the dog. I had no fears about the little girl drowning or being attacked by a creature, because I knew Atlas would save or protect her. The entire fishing sequence did nothing for the story except establish that Kane (the father/husband) was an incompetent babysitter.

LoisKnight69LoisKnight69about 3 years ago
@ Anonymous 04/04/21

You must really hate men to say that "Kaine, like many men, aren't tough enough to deal with what life throws at them". What are you talking about? He did just fine, He took a break and moved to avoid a woman who LEFT HIM. He did not abandon her. He "found himself" and returned to his hometown where his parents resided. He obtained a good job and had a house. He had no real problems and and was getting on with his life. Perhaps he was a bit gun shy of women, but who can blame him - HIS WIFE HAD LEFT HIM FOR NO REASON. Besides, just because he was not "in a relationship" did not mean he NEVER dated. Kaine avoided Ripley because she was a reminder of a painful past that he hoped to forget as he moved on. He seems very rationale to do that. Nothing cowardly about divorcing a woman who left him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Enjoyed it immensely. Like most Loving Wives stories on Lit, some level of willful suspension of disbelief is required. So what! It's amazing how many shallow clowns read these stories complaining about one or more aspects having paid nothing and contributed nothing to the site. You can tell what they are all about by the poor quality of their communication. Some can't even string two cogent sentences together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A pretty entertaining tale but it amazes me how many readers sympathise with a man who runs from every potentially hurtful situation and condemn a woman who is willing to keep setting herself up for rejection as she endevours to reunite with the father of her child.

Personally, I find it impossible to comprehend what Ripley could possibly see in an immature wimp like Kaine but the heart is a mysterious hunter and wants what it wants for reasons that even the heart may not understand.

LA

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreenerabout 3 years ago

It was a nice read. No surprises, but sometimes, a nice story is shat we all need.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story but its a shame kaine didnt move on.... your wife leaves you but wants to stay married, is code for she wants you to provide for her whether finacially/emotionally/etc while she rides a whole lotta dick.... ripleys too slutty and immature, its to move on kaine plenty of whores like her around.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Interesting conclusion but I was staggered that his parents let her worm her way into their lives and that they were prepared to take her side, instead of their son's. I suspect that she did not "find herself" but found out that she had thrown away a very good man. Using the child for blackmail was vengeful and cruel. He is stupid beyond belief to take her back, child or no child: she is a taker and won't change.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well written, but Ripley hasn't changed all that much from the 24 year old woman who walked out on him to find herself and experience the world (what kind of bullshit is that anyway?). Her reaction to Kaine's feeling left out of things at the charity function showed not just tone deafness but a completely self-centered attitude. How hard would it be for her to take him with her when schmoozing the prospective donors and introduce him as "my special friend" or something similar? She doesn't have to say in any introduction that he is her ex or the father of her child or anything complicated; single women have friends or colleagues as escorts at social/charity functions like this all the time. She could actually, gasp, tell him in advance what she planned to do so he was OK with it. Her reaction of telling him he's a baby and dismissing his unhappiness at simply being left alone for the evening is selfish and unecessary.

Same thing with telling him in advance that she was meeting with her former boyfriend to tell him that she really truly had broken up with him. Her dismissive language to Kaine several times is also a sign that she still has the self-centered immature attitude that got her divorced in the first place. Overall, it is a well written feel-good story but real world will it work? Who knows?

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

I'm still amazed at stories like this by authors like blackrandl. How they come up with these love stories and all the convoluted think that both the participants are having. I sure hope the author never went thru anything like that. As far as fining one self??? Who knows. In the story she was to famous and self righteous and too young. She did grow up to a certain extent. But was she celibate for 4 years? Unlikely. Was he? Maybe, cause he hurt so bad when she left. Been there and done that. The one that left me was certainly not celibate and she actually had the nerve to ask if her screwing around didn't work out could she come back. All I could do was sit there and cry at the lost of my family because she wanted to screw around. Communication and truth is the only way relationships survive. Keep writing

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Still a helluva story and yes he had to go back to her given the kid but if I were him, I’d hope for the best and prepare for the worst

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Jesus

What a self centered bitch. Everything revolves around what she wants. Back when she abandoned her marriage, and again now, everything is on her agenda, her time frame, her wants, her needs. At no point in the story did she stop to see what Kaine wanted or needed. Any time he raised a question or concern, he was instantly shut down and called a coward. No way in hell would I have anything to do with her outside of raising the kid.

And what kind of parents keep the fact of a daughter from their own son? They need a serious talking to.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 3 years ago

Third read: still one of my favorite stories on this site.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

GUESS THIS WRITER WAS TOO CLUELESS - JUST HAVE KAINE DO THE DNA TEST THEN APPLY TO THE COURT FOR VISIT RIGHTS....THEN THE FUCKED UP RIPLEY CAN GET MORE COUNSELLING

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ripley is a fuck up, she needs a babysitting trophy husband.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

I’ve read this 4 times over the years and I still can’t see why it’s his fault. He moved away, so fucking what and my parents would be dead to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed it immensely-knew a similar situation & it evolved into a great marriage that lasts til this day. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have now read everything you have posted. Enjoyed it all. Trial by a Fire my favorite. Would love to see more.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336almost 3 years ago

Nice story. I really liked it, keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really well done. Some funny quirks here and there but overall, a pleasant and touching story. Had I written it, things would have been different and most probably boring.

olblueyesolblueyesalmost 3 years ago

well written, well paced,,very nice sedate love story,, not what i usually read so its a pleasant change.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

There are many excellent; authors that contribute to this site. Others just get lucky from time to time. Like so many of your works, this is excellent! I hope you do well in real life. You surely have a great soul.

Regards, dd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Life is a lot simpler when your top five stories are on the same site - even better when they are written by the same person. Fifth time read, still a five star story! Thank you Randi.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Tremendously heartwarming story! Yes, you can go home again. :-)

DT

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Great story for the third time. Problem is when they leave to find themselves or to test the 'waters' they never come back. Mine even asked if she could come back if her screwing around didn't work out. True story, oh well, that's life. I did find a good woman with four kids and tha marriage last 40 years before she passed. One door closes and another opens. Good story Mr Author and credits to your editing crew.

mrdata9770mrdata9770almost 3 years ago

I'm not familiar with "Legends of Loving Wives" so the intro was a bit long and strange for me. The concept of her moving out to find herself while she was expecting to be able to return a few times a week for a booty call and expecting hubby to be okay with it was a bit out there. It was much more than immature; it was quite bizarre and really hard to believe for me. So would hubby have been more mature by locking her out of the house and servicing her with divorce papers right away or by just rolling with her decision? Would she have realized her mistake either way? What were his parents thinking; shouldn't they have told him she was pregnant? Seems like they were being immature and selfish by not telling him. He should have been at his daughter's birth, not his mother, very strange, and why keeping him ignorant of the existence of his daughter for two years after, because she asked them too? I did enjoy the story and rated it 5 stars; although in hindsight, maybe I should have given it only 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I can't understand, and the story did a lousy job of justifying, why his parents hid the fact that he had a daughter. That makes not sense, unless Ripley threatened them with never seeing their granddaughter. But that wouldn't have fit in with the narrative of the story either.

If my parents did that to me it would be a long time before I would forgive them.

MarciaBradyMarciaBradyalmost 3 years ago

Every time Ripley spoke, all I saw were giant red flags, and I'm a woman. The ending left me thinking another shoe would eventually drop, proving Kaine right about her doing it to him again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Happy ending but she's still selfish. I bet she sleeps around with any cocks she can find in those 4 years they were apart until she realized she loves Kaine's cock more. If the author wrote that she was celibate for those 4 years busy taking care of Makenna I can still accept. But she said, 'I never touch any man until our divorce' made me sigh. Its same as how wife need out to find more cocks until she was bored before she could back to her husband. Somehow my heart ache when read this.

ScoratScoratalmost 3 years ago

So why was she always right and he was just an ass for daring to say how he felt? And what’s with her needing to move out in the first place if she knew she would be back? I would’ve done the same thing as Kaine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He should have left in the first 30 seconds. When you say "Yes, I mind. GO AWAY!" and they don't, they're still the same self-entitled asshole you remember them being.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I read this story and it really is one of the best on this website. And ITS FREE!!

And then I read some of these comments from people here. And I just do not understand.

I have come to the conclusion that most of these people must have never loved very deeply or profoundly. Because Kaine's reaction is perfectly normal. I've known people who simply quit their job. Pack their shit. And leave town before.

Think about it. He literally finds the love of his life. And is so deeply in love. So happy. They are talking about having kids.

And then BAM! She comes home and says "I have an apartment. I need to find myself. I will be moving out this week. We can still see each other a few times a week."

That sounds an awful lot like...Imma start testing out other people to find myself.

He would have been devastated. Completely. So...if he previously had an opportunity to go to Alaska for a year or two to make double the money? He calls them up, accepts, quits his current job, puts his stuff in storage, hires an attorney, and is gone. Divorce goes through because how you gonna find him and talk to him at a remote oil rig or lumberjack camp in the Yukon?

Now she is free to find herself.

This happens in real life folks. People feel devastated and they just walk away and never look back. I still have a good friend who did this, except he went to Mexico about 20 years ago. He never came back. It doesn't make the MC in this story weak. It doesn't make him a whiner. It just makes him a normal human being. He made his money. He came back. Bought a house and quietly started to live his life.

She did fuck it all up. That's it.

And yes...she still does have some issues with being self centered. What beautiful woman doesn't? And he still has issues with avoidance. He would just rather not deal with stressful situations.

But that's the beauty of this story. You have two imperfect people who still love each other and through the fact they have a child...it brings them back together. And despite their issues and imperfections, they are happier and better together than apart.

In this story do you think he and the kids ground her life? Keep her in reality instead of the entitled famous beautiful performer? Changing diapers at 2:30 in the morning with a colicky baby will sure as hell keep you from getting too full of yourself.

And for him. Do you think his natural tendency to just walk away is tempered by her and the kids? If his daughter falls on her bike and is hurting...he can't just jump in his car and run away. He is responsible now. You could actually SEE his change in this story. He evolved. That's what people do. Especially when there are kids involved.

I've read most of her stories. And this author kicks ass. Amd I don't care what you all think. We are lucky she takes the time to share with us. I can really relate to what she writes. How she writes. Wouldn't always be what I would have done if I was writing it. But shit...I'm not writing it. She is.

She is one of the top 2 or 3 currently active writers in this genre. Hands down.

And I say that knowing she writes more happy endings than BTB. I love a well crafted burn the bitch (or bastard) just as much as the next guy. But good stories are good stories. And she writes very good stories.

Lastly. His parents in this story. How that happened is not altogether that far off of believable. Let's review:

-their only child marries an absolute doll of a person. They fall in love with her.

-she makes this huge mistake and the marriage ends horribly.

-they essentially lose their son for a year or two as he moves to Alaska and cuts off most contact with them

-they do not entirely believe their ex DinL but they still love her...and they really did not know if McKenna was really the bio grand daughter.

-when their son actually contacts them from Alaska he makes it clear that he does not want to know or hear on thing about Ripley if he does he will cut off all contact.

-son moves back eventually and they finally have him in their lives again. And it's still clear he wants NOTHING to do with his ex.

What the fuck are they supposed to do? They have serious doubts the child is their actual grand child. They honestly don't know of they believe Ripley. They do know if they tell Kaine...he won't believe the child is his. And he will either cut them off completely or he will move away and disappear again.

They are caught in a catch 22. What would you do? Huh? Cause in that exact scenario I honestly don't know what I would do? Or how I would handle it.

If you would have handled it differently and you see the oarents so poorly written? Well...then you make up and write your own god damned story here where the parents alienate their only son and he disappears on them all without ever meeting his daughter or talking with the ex. I'm sure it'll be a page turner.

As for me? I'm a fan of nearly everything she writes. And this is really one of her best.

Sausage17Sausage17almost 3 years ago

I never thought a literotica story would get me to tear up, but you got me when Makenna went missing.

Okay so I’m a little confused, she loves Kaine, and she didn’t have sex with anyone else, but she went out with that creep? A little confusing but other than that great story! I don’t get what everyone is so worked up about, Ripley wasn’t smart back then, she had to grow up more, and she’s still trying to be better.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 3 years ago

What a wonderful story.

BUT, she could have tracked him down prior to the 4 years. Not sure why she didn't.

She never stopped loving him, but she did date the stalker, so ...

None the less, an outstanding story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have read this story 3 times, and each time I feel the emotion and each time I tear up .this story one of the very best on this site. The ability to convey emotion is a gift. Keep up the good work. You are ready for prime time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful and well written. Great plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5!!!!! She was dangerous!!!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Nice

I was a little suspicious at first that she was looking for a glorified babysitter, but that turned out to be wrong. She wanted him back and convinced him. Very nice.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Great storyline and even a happy ending!

5/5

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

Five starred and favorited; what else? You wove all the killer elements together: a handsome and heroic but dopey guy, a redheaded amazon love interest, an adorable child, a big drooling dog and a reconciliation. And you threw in Zuul for good measure. I particularly liked the opening and closing parallelism of the appearances of Ripley.

This is probably my third read over six years. Still a pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well created story of what isn't what it looks like. Well, it looks like Ripley got what she wanted all along; a well trained lap dog just like Atlas. She needed to go out and find herself while Kaine stayed home waiting for her to come back to scratch him behind his ears. Instead she discovered that she left the gate open and he went out because he didn't need her approval. Now that she had created the woman she wants to be seen by others she wants her pet back in his collar. She even took him out to a fancy fund raiser only to leave him in a corner while she worked her magic with the one who really mattered. No, I don't think they will last unless like so many other insignificant husbands she stays with her for his child.

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

A great story of true love 5*years

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

great story but a very dumb woman. She was lucky to get him back. The story is well told and brought forth the feelings well. To be left like he was most of us don't have the where with all to just pack up and disappear. Woman, you can't live with them and you can't kill them! They expect you to understand them and their needs without them saying a word. 40 years ago my bride of 13 years did almost the same thing, wanted go out and see what was out there and come back if she didn't find it. She never came back. Found a good woman who knew who she was and it lasted 40 years. There is always somebody out there just for you, Second or third read for me. Kudos to the writer and his editors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful? Maybe, but with her head up her ass how is one supposed to see if she is??? A new theme is needed on this site, not the same old bullsihit; wife needs this just once or " I need to find myself"!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'd like to know a little more about what Kaine did. What did he do in Alaska? Story ran a little long but I enjoyed it.

Mike the Irishman 🍀

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story is well told and brought forth the feelings well. To be left like he was most of us don't have the where with all to just pack up and disappear. Woman, you can't live with them and you can't kill them! They expect you to understand them and their needs without them saying a word. Anyway, I'd like to know a little more about what Kaine did. What did he do in Alaska?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story but I am glad I am not him. I also would have divorced her and maybe stayed. Not sure I would do Alaska. As for the DNA test I would not trust her. I would take the kid to a proper lab myself and get the results from the Dr myself. No way to mess up or lie.

Best case is we coparent. I would not be with her or remarry. I also don't see how he is single or not in a relationship? He was so over her that he would not be home pouting. I also agree he was right in the beginning, She went looking for what else is out there, found nothing really better, so lets get the wimp to be daddy. She had to have had more relationships, even one night stands, in all those years. She is written as being successful and beautiful. All of the "donors" are going to chase her and no doubt she will find a few handsome or worthy of sex now and then.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

So wait...

1. She leaves to "find herself"

2. She has a kid

3. She dates multiple men

And we're supposed to celebrate when he takes her back?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It could happen just like this. It would be beautiful of it did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A charming tale about a woman's love for two children, the three yearold being the smarter of the two.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WOW! LOVED IT😍

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Greetings, Randi. I have discovered you have read, and apparently enjoyed, Zelasny’s Amber series. You have used almost every one of Oberon’s offspring’s names throughout your postings, though some have been slightly adjusted (ex., Kaine for Caine). That said, I have enjoyed your writing and will continue to do so. Your storytelling doesn’t require sex to hold the interest. One thing; please expand the Macon story.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous: Amber.

I have, indeed, and I do. I have read them over and over. My dog's name is Oberon: a 170 pound Dogue de Bordeaux. Another writer here and I share a passion for Amber: Ahazura.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

I wonderful story, one of the best. My only critism is that I can't imagine his parents hiding the fact that he was a father from him. I think that is a bit absurd, but it makes for a key part of the story.

After feeling betrayed by the wife, how could he not feel betrayed by the parents.

But then again, we wouldn't see the reconnecting after 3 years if he found out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written but I didn't believe Ripley for a New York minute. He should have gone somewhere else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. My issue was that Makenna is 3, but her verbal and social skills described is a 5 or 6 year old...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, enjoyed it immensely ,but nothing was ever revealed or made known how many men Ripley was intimate with (if any) after her divorce. Was she celibate? Ripley said to Kaine said no man touched her intimately until after their divorce. One is inferred when Jeff Conley attempted to take Riley and Makenna with him at the shopping mall. Were there any additional?

Wabagoon1171Wabagoon1171over 2 years ago

You and others refer to yourself as a legend, it's an accolade that is well-deserved, Sir!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolute BS. Using a child to blackmail a partner into providing support while simultaneously heaping abuse on that person is the lowest and most evil act possible. If that's the author's view of how the world ought to work it is pitiable

management91399management91399over 2 years ago

Everytime I read this i keep thinking he has Stockholm syndrome by the end of this story and she's bullied him into staying with her. Besides being accused of being wrong or stupid every step of the way there doesn't seem to be much of a transition for our MC Kaine except for when Ripley throws herself in front of the blade meant for him. Be interesting to see this couple revisited 15 years down the road and see if the flame is still burning bright in their relationship,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi Randi.

In all the stories listed under your name, this one is despicable, in my view, and it is barely worth one star … or even less. How can a nit/dimwit (or should I say a tit & ass) goddess and a holier-then-thou male produce such a little angel? Oh, I forgot: descendants, are NOT the result of wit or holier-than… They come from a level which has a belt above, in the mid-section, and where the sun rarely shines!!!

I strongly hate, resent and reject the use of and recourse to innocent kids to selfishly twist somebody’s arm into a repeat toxic relationship. No amount of intervention from relatives or outside sources can make this more acceptable or persuade me. But I forgot again: these are NOT normal people and real communications between them is not exactly their strong suit or their first priority.

It is quite obvious that the goddess is just waiting for another crisis in her life (middle age crisis or some other similar really important event) to take another sabbatical leave to try and find her new self. What happens if her search fails? And now, there will be more victims (other kids) instead of only the little angel. Kids are NOT a solution!!! By the way, the first daughter is only three, not a young teenager as her comments and dialogue seem to suggest.

In this story, the only character that is really equal to himself is the dog!

While a rare Loving Wives story is interesting, this one is a total disaster on several level, in my view!

BJ

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

Today, read and commented on your most recent post (“Player Three”) — thought of it as a excellent parody. After finishing and looking over your many stories, I decided to reread “You Can Go Home Again” for the third time as it is a favorite of mine across all stories that I’ve read on Literotica — a beautifully crafted, captivating love story that I am sure to read again. I must admit that I find many of the posts in the LW category rather unoriginal, stereotypical BTB tales that could easily be posted in the Non-Erotic category. Your tale is one reason why I always take a serious interest in LW stories.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Gave you 2 stars. Not going to comment now. will probably re-read the story in a month or so. Then add a proper comment, and maybe give a second thought to how many stars to rate it. This is really a tough one for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A beautiful story dealing with real life people who go through times of having their heads up their butts, being self centered, overly sensitive, and not communicating. Sounds soooo normal. If your fortunate, you get a wake up call, smell the roses and realize the love that has always been right in front of you - to share until your sunset. Went through that with my 1st loving wife 35 years ago. Never was able to get back together and now she has passed. Still have a broken heart and remember every sad and foolish word. So much pain for really stupid reasons!!!! RIP Jackie❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Old_LionOld_Lionover 2 years ago

Randi,

I'm sorry I don't this was among your best work. EVERYTHING She did did from the beginning on screamed "Stalker" and "Entrapment"

5 years apart and he CAVES so quickly. Sorry.

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
THE CIRCLE THAT WAS BROKEN IS MENDED

and it is supposed to be stronger than before. TK U MLJ LV NV

6King6Kingover 2 years ago

Nice * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't feel that she was any more mature now than then. She doesn't communicate beyond denigrating him for his decisions, she talks about how she needed to find herself without him and never thinks that perhaps that is what he was doing in Alaska. Why couldn't he have been finding out what his life would be without her? Instead he's a "coward" who "ran away" and he should have sat and waited for her to "discover" herself. She even admits that she may decide that she "needs space" again sometime in the future, as she can not promise that it won't happen again.

She was dating someone and never told him about the person until he saw them together having dinner. But then he's supposed to be fine with the lack of communication regarding the fact that she'd been intimate with Jeff. The woman is a ball of miscommunication and no communication. He has no reason to trust her and shouldn't. All of these issues could have been resolved in a longer story which took place over a longer period of time.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

It’s a freaking story for crips sake. It’s a romance. It is about; love, love lost, children, hurt, recovery, assholes that spit in woman’s faces. It’s about panic, fly fishing, trout, hotdogs cooked in a campfire. It’s about parents that love their adult children and vice versa.

Is it real? No, it’s a story for crips sake. A nice well and thoughtfully crafted story that I just read for the third time and will read again just like I enjoy visiting with and old and cherished friend. Thank you Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Many (most?) re on ilia toon stories seem … what? Contrived? Superficial? Unrealistic? But this one works. Every time I read it. Thank you.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

I nominate Mr Friendly for best comment

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

To be clear, if I haven’t said it before, while I may disagree with some plot choices, clearly, the writing is spectacular.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

While the writing is spectacular, the flaws with how Kaine and Ripley act make the story a little subpar for you. Kaine isn't nearly strong enough to have not fallen into the bottle the way you've written him. Ripley has matured a little, but only when it comes to Makenna. She's still making the same selfish errors with Kaine that ended their marriage. The deal with the parents and not telling Kaine is pure garbage and makes the story unrelatable.

Honestly a rewrite of the fic is in order. Kaine needs to be a little stronger and a little more competent. He needs to stand up to Ripley's abuse. He also needs to not fold nearly as quickly as he does here.

Ripley needs to be more sympathetic to the pain she's caused Kaine. Him deciding to give her space is exactly what she asked for. The Divorce is a natural result of her just acting without discussing it first. She made it look like she was done with the marriage and him, words mean nothing when actions say something else. If she matured she'd understand that Kaine was hurt much worse than she was thanks to the way she literally blindsided him. If she had any therapy the therapist would be hammering that point home.

if Ripley was intent on getting her husband back then she should not have dated. Between raising a kid, working her job, and trying to see Kaine her schedule should have been full. Her having boyfriends pretty much precludes the idea she wants him back. If she's dating then it would be better to have her just want to coparent with Kaine and slowly see their relationship come back to life.

Kaine's parents need to be removed from the whole Makenna situation. Having them help Ripley and not tell Kaine pretty much guarantees any man who has been burned before will decide to just burn bridges with everyone. At that point he'd never trust Parents or Ripley again.

Ranger001Ranger001over 2 years ago

Hey, Anon!

It's not your story! And if YOU had a smidgen of courage, you'd come out from behind your moniker, and maybe even try writing something!

Randi, I've read this twice so far and it's still a 5!!! Thanks

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years agoAuthor

@Ranger001,

Thank you, sir, for your defense. Annie says i need a "rewrite." Yeah, well, after 1000 favorites, 475,000 views, a 4.6 score, 10,000 votes and 500 comments, I think I'm good. No "rewrite" needed. I do appreciate the support, tho. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a brilliant story it has everything

1...34567...9
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories