All Comments on 'You Can Go Home Again'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 802 Comments (Page 3)
danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
3rd time thru 🎭

I love this story. Very clever and endearing kind of LW's story. Both main characters are decent people whose wires were crossed. Nothing wrong that couldn't be fixed, therefore a reconciliation ending. It's charming and quite realistic. β›₯β›₯β›₯β›₯β›₯

1WiseSage1WiseSageover 6 years ago
Child or no child ...

... there are no second chances when it comes to betrayal. And there were two momentous betrayals - the first of course being her sudden 'departure'. Frankly, I find it grotesquely ironic that she should complain about his running away after she was the one to have initially done just that by moving out and running away from her marriage!! The second betrayal - sexual - clearly followed after the divorce was finalized. If she was so in love with him, so committed to their "marriage" and her desire to get back with him at virtually all costs, then why couldn't she remain sexually faithful as well after the divorce? At least until she could determine what his response would be to being a father and a possible reconciliation... No, she completely, selfishly, reprehensibly went fucking around as a single mother. Then when she finds out about his return, selfishly ensnares him, using the child. That's not a wife - that's a selfish slut-whore without a soul or morals. Bye-bye!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Stirred up the nest, did you not?

Oh, darn. Not BTB. Not RAAC. Real life, kind of, well written and set out with characters who we all know and live with?

Shame on you for exposing true life to the world and doing it so well. (Bit of sarcasm there, by the by.)

On a secondary note, thank you, thank you! For the effort it must have entailed getting all these other authors on board with this; belated thanks, I know. I think...deeply, and sometimes it takes me a bit of time to consider all that went into what you clearly did with this.

Good job seems so cliche and trite, but...well done, girl. Woman? Lady? Good job, okay?

Brendan

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
I really liked it

I don't care what others think I loved it! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Magnificent

Nothing else needs saying other than it finished too soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
ugh

Such much talent wated in a very weak storyline. You wife is not likeble at all. She deserves to be alone. You made the husband a poor henpicked wimp.

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 6 years ago
VERY well done....

The emotions of reconciling....or trying...with an ex can't be understood by anyone that hasn't been through it. This was one of the VERY FEW stories on Literotica where reconciliation was realistic and likely to succeed. BRAVO!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
you'er a great writer an great person, but...

this is story is not. Sorry I didnt like it at all.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Awesome story

Whether you agree with the character's choices or not, it was wonderfully written.

Having said that, the story, as good stories will, got me thinking about right, wrong and what my choices would have been. With the daughter, he was already pretty much toast. After Ripley threw herself between him and a mad man with a razor, what was he doing to do? If I'm him I DO have a problem with her screwing other men after the divorce when she swears all she wanted was him back, but they were divorced and given the kid and her risking her life to protect him...Hell, given her ability to pick men, he had to live with her to protect his kid.

My bigger problem would be his parents. Setting aside the absurdity that she couldn't get the message to him that he had a kid, the fact that his parents didn't tell him he had a kid would cause me to keep them at arms length the rest of their lives. Serious betrayal. Much worse than Ripley's immature stunt of moving out. Don't know how he could take her back but don't know how he couldn't. Having said that, not knowing about the kid, probably should have stayed out of her home town or state.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Schwanze1

First time I don't agree 100% with your comment. Awesome story? really?

I agree with what you said about the family. I dont believe ripley loves him. She's still the same selfish, self-centred, inmature woman that was when she walked out of him.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 6 years ago
Not Good

The problem with this story is that the wife is a whiney self centerd bitch who thinks only of herself. The story is slanted so much in her favor as to make you want to gag. He is running away when he leaves after she walks out on him. She is never "running away?" She claims he is self-centered but she seems to believe that as soon as she settles what has been bothering her everyone has to immediately forgive and forget what she has done or they are unfeeling self-centered pigs. Good writing but shitty relationship development for a reconciliation.2*

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 6 years ago
Terrible excuses.

She certainly got what she wanted, you should have listened to your instincts better, she never changed from the self centered self she had shown you to be, she said that she hadn't been with anyone till after the divorce. Of course, she was pregnant, I think you were right when you felt she had left you to try other men, cause even when she says she was looking for you she still had a boyfriend on the side. she didn't break up with him until after she knew she had you. I think the husband knows she's a compulsive cheater thats never going to change and thats why most of the story is spent building her up, and trying to make her look like something she's not. DNA? anybody can download a document and make changes to make it look official, also she had the money where she could have paid to have the results she wanted put in there. Sorry, but no prize this time. maybe next time you can come up with better story, and not fill up half of it going into detail of what she looks like or what she's wearing. discriptions are only used to make a short story long.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Anon

it IS an awesome story about a flawed self centered flighty bitch. But she did step between him and a blade. He was pretty much f'ed when he found out about his kid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@Schwanze1

The writing skills are awesome. The storyline is not. The only reason why this story scores so high is because a lot of people likes Randy. If this story would have been written by another author they would be tearing it apart as it deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@anonymous "@Schwanze1"

I tend to agree with you, in a way. I also disagree, in a way. Of course everybody likes Randi. Why would they not? She's a doll, she's nice to everybody, she writes great stories, edits for half the people who write on here and brings the community together in these events. I'm in love with her, especially that bio pic!

She is a spectacular writer. I hated Ripley through most of this story. That's what Randi does. I've never read one of her stories I that I didn't feel emotional about. Sometimes I hate what her characters do (the first half of Hate af First Sight). Sometimes she makes me cry (Catch of a Lifetime), but I never just say "Meh." I'm always either pissed off or loving it. That's what the great ones do. They make you care, even if you don't like what the characters are doing. You obviously cared and felt emotional about this story. You cared enough to comment. How many comments does it have? Over 200, I believe. That tells you people got involved, whether they loved it or hated it. That's the mark of a great writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@anonymous "@Schwanze1"

Thanks for your comment. Of course I agree with you 100% about Randi.

What bothers me to be honest is the double standard here. Because Randi wrote this story a lot of people say it's awesome.

Now, be honest and tell her what would have happened if this same story would have been written by MattMoreau? It actaully fits his style.

PS. Quantity is not quality.

EzrollinEzrollinover 6 years ago
my two cents...

This was indeed a very well written story. No not a stroker with some irrational storyline but one that is believable. Leave out the graphic sex and it could have been a Hallmark tv episode. I can understand that this story may not appeal to everyone but the negative comments are unjustified. I haven't read any of the author's other stories so I have no bias one way or another. Most of you, myself included, can only hope to achieve this level of writing!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Anon

I really don't know sh!t about Randi or anyone else on this site. I just take the stories as presented. Without the kid I would counsel him to run like the wind. With the kid there and given she stepped in front of a blade for him, he's just f'ed. He pretty much has to give it a shot and spend the next 30 years watching her closely. Having said that, he never should have moved back near her. He should never trust his parents again. BS she couldn't get word to him he had a kid. She had resources and knew everyone in town. BS his parents didn't tell him. Fuck them. Minimum contact the rest of their lives.

When she ignored me at the big shindig the first time, that would have been her last chance. He just hung around too long and she got a chance to risk her life to save his.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Grass is greener

Your female character sound like the classic entitled american twenty something who got what she wanted but didn't want what she got. As you've said "buyers remorse".

auhunter04auhunter04over 6 years ago

sometimes we get a chance to recover from our own stupidity

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Liked the story

Kaine seems like a decent guy who fell in love with a self-absorbed woman who breaks his heart due to her selfishly needing time alone to 'find herself'. Ripley somewhat learns she did a bad thing, still has more growing up to do. She still acts entitled and believes she manipulate anyone she pleases. Sad part is she can.

That being said, the story is well written and keeps your attention. One can only hope that Ripley actually loves Kaine as much as she says. Time will only tell. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
not up to standard

I have enjoyed reading ,what is to me, a new authors work. This last one is a good basic idea but I would say it is more like an early work that needs an editor with a big stick. Keep writing please. John Moseley

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Read the Western

That impressed me so much that I began reading all your stories. I haven't read the novel yet, that's next. This is the last besides that. I'll have to say, I expected you to have more stories.

The maturity of your writing is just beyond anything I'd expect from a free site, and I expected you to be an older veteran with dozens of stories under your belt. There are many good stories on here, and many good writers. You are in a class that includes few others. Reading your stories has been, in many ways, an eye opener for me. I checked your favorites list, and there are some others there of the same stature.

I have never read a story in this category. This story showed me how great they can be. The sheer number of comments is staggering. They all list the strengths and weakness of the story, but readers don't seem to realize that they are talking about the strengths and weaknesses of the characters in the story, not your writing. A young, beautiful, spoiled and entitled woman, a man who refused to face challenges, a beautiful child who made them both grow up and become the people they were capable of being.

I am very sorry that I have no more of your stories to read. Please consider writing more. I will look for chapter two of the Western when it comes out. Thank you, Ken, from Dayton.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
problems

Ripley makes point couple of times she was faithful until after child was born...for someone who supposedly always loved him and was CONSTANTLY searchin for him to reunite and with busy job and young child would have expected her to be celibate. How many times did in-laws watch kid so she could frolick weekend away?

She says she DATED Jeff for AWHILE. But Jeff spoke like they had lived together.

Certainly husband would have questioned her sexual activity to judge how forthright she was about her real intentions for leaving.

The lost kid section of story is unbelievable and insulting to most adult males and certainly most fathers. I have grown weary of the perpetuation of the inept father or in fact all males with regard to rearing children.

My wife could not wait to get back to work after births of our two boys. I am construction worker and work was shut down for winter when both were born. The birth of eldest was during a lengthy layoff. I was solely responsible for raising that boy the first six months. All feedings, daily baths, laundry and shopping. I was second eldest in family of six-only girl was last born-and I grew up changing diapers-the cloth kind with safety pins.

We had allowed mother in law to live with us - she hated me and I could hear her talking-trlr house walls-that I better not expect to just leave baby with her while I played all day. I never needed nor asked for her help. Then she started accusing me of being intentionally cruel and not letting her take care of baby. True males cannot breastfeed but fathers are more than capable of raising babies and little kids.

A three year old wandering off is much more likely to occur as mother is gossiping than while in care of father.

Ouch-those generalities sting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@ anonymous "problems"

So you do just what you accuse the author of doing? You generalize from specifics. Because you were a caring father, all fathers are? You're tired of fathers being portrayed as inept? I believe the author made no statement about fathers, in general.

She described one father. He got busy and his child wandered off. How does one specific incident become an indictment of fathers, in general? You say a child is much more likely to wander off while a mother gossips. That is the very generalization that the author didn't make, and you accused her of making. You made up your own "insult" and attributed it to the author. That's just dishonest.

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
Had me tearing up....

... from the moment we met McKenna.

Brilliantly written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I saw this on the "most commented on" list and had to see what all the fuss was about.

232 comments? Damn, to get that you usually have to puss off a whole bunch of people. That's not what happened here.

Now I see why all the fuss. This is a writer, at the top of their game writing a great story. I can't say how much I got caught up in this story. McKenna was the pivot of the story. I think this is going to be a great family. Once her parents grew up, they did what they needed to do. Great, great story, and I just wish you would write more. You've got to have more stories than this. No one gets this good only writing that many stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5* for not being a willing cuckold story, but

she is too stupid for doing what she did, try that "leaving to find myself" crap on most men and see what happens.

then she was too good to be true, too beautiful too sexy too everything

he was a spineless fuckwit.

dog was the only believable character.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
Fan Bloody Tastic!

Most of the comments I have to agree with? When asshole slashed her arm he spoke like they lived together? Curious what! But all in all it is a good story! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic Story with us! β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Just crap

A self centered bitch and a poor wimp without spine.

Well written, but a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
For the crowd this story was written for it's an easy 5 stars. So 5 stars

BUT what does Ripley have going for her? She's beautiful. She realized her mistake, she matured sOO WHAT!!! When I was 35-40 I realized beauty means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING unless the beauty went ALL the way through. Nothing in this story shows any character, kindness or gentle spirit in Ripley, she is just beautiful. IF she had grown up and had character she would realize that she made the SAME mistake 2 times. Once leaving home and then again dumping him at the benefit. Selfish bitch not proud of him thinking just her beauty would get donations. Her idea then was to make him feel stupid and immature. What is the ONLY thing in this story that is proven and you can take it to the bank? She can rip a guys heart out. I would be glad to pay child support, love my baby, but I see no character change in beautiful Ripley. Her beauty is STILL only skin deep.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One star.

The characters are well filled out, grammar punctuation word choice all good, but the plot is just pure tripe. There's no emotion there, it feels like being stuck in a toothpaste commercial where the only thing that matters is white teeth and fresh breath and nothing if any substance. She's pretty so she's allowed to hurt him? She's pretty so he takes her back? This lack of substance and the lame ass ending means it's a one star. Now if he got together with her then she woke up one morning and found a note saying he had left to find himself, and she finds that their daughter is gone with him, that would be a story worth reading. Especially with a little twist at the end of him and his daughter making sand castles on. A beach in some other country. That would get you four or five stars.

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingover 6 years ago
i only have one problem with this one...

but it's a biggie. The entire plot is contingent on his parents knowing he has a kid but not telling him. It is incredibly hard for me to believe that "loving" parents would keep their kid in the dark about something so huge. Huge, not just for him, but for his kid too. If not for their silence the kid could have had a dad for virtually her entire life. Ultimately, the parents' silence feels like a plot device and that is a crappy way to construct a story.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 6 years ago
Made me happy.

I'm a sucker for misunderstandings, make-ups, babies and happy endings. I'm also rather fond of misunderstood women (but you know this), AND the name Ripley. This was a wonderful and believable reconciliation, and an even better love story. Thank you for the great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Consistent?

Ripley loved her husband and only him! She tried throughout the separation to make contact with him BUT, it was OK for her to shack up with Jeff Conley, in the meantime!! Hard to reconcile. Also, a strange way to treat Kaine at the Charity function, when she is trying to get back with him. Good story but holes in the plot.3* .

weathermanksweathermanksover 6 years ago
Thank You!

I love happy endings, and the don't think there were any real problems with the writing. Please, please, please, let's have more stories with happy endings!

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Great story nice ending 5*

auhunter04auhunter04over 6 years ago
for annomouse Consistency Comment

WOW you are something special, How did you find out she was shaking up with another guy? All I found is she was dating. Maybe she was dating to see if she could forget her ex. I find nothing in her actions that strike me as inconsistent.

You have a very good weight loss program, jumping to conclusions with so little evidence, the local political antics must have you bouncing like a superball. How is the weight loss coming anyway?

curioussscuriousssover 6 years ago
I enjoyed this

...because it was well written. I've read a few stories with a similar line, but then how many original stories can there be. I read somewhere that there are perhaps 7/8 basic plots in films and books, so it's only how you present them that makes the greatest difference. You made this one OK.

4 stars and congrats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Auhunter 04' s comment.

Hey, do you really need to get personal?! Since you enquire, I have no problem with my weight. It's just a comment - one view, no need to go ballistic. I think Blackrandl1958 is a great writer with some outstanding stories and shall continue to enjoy them.

weathermanksweathermanksover 6 years ago
The best!

This is my second review, and I just had to comment again, as I've probably read it four times now. So many of the stories in Literotica are depressing; cheating, lying, breaking up, heart break, deceit, and on and on. Puts me in a funk that can last for days. I need, the world needs, happy endings more often. I don't know when this story was written, but it is so very WELL written (I'm something of a writer myself), and it grabs your heart and makes your eyes tear so many times throughout the story. If I'm feeling especially down, I'll read this again, and by the time we get to the end I feel SO much better. What a beautiful story. I can handle the cheating stories, if they work it out in the end and forgive and make up, but this is the best of the best.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Bebop3Bebop3over 6 years ago
Amazing Story

That was a fucking fantastic story.

Tight, well crafted, believable and lean.

Well done.

Flat_OutFlat_Outover 6 years ago
Very well written but

Very well written but you've been told that before. I find 'Kaine' to be somewhat weak and Ripley hasn't really changed - how did she manage to take up with the narcissist Conley. Her choice of replacement boyfriend was questionable. And the persona that makes such a crappy choice is questionable. Ripley dominates the relationship and neither character seems to work that out.

All that being said, I find I 'enter in to the story'. Thank you for your contributions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Holy shit!

I've only read to the bottom of page one and .... gave you a total five star score!

For shit sake, I've got to stop reading and come back to your story, to finish! I hate that shit!

Holy SHIT! What an author!

To say I am at least impressed, is totally ludicrous! I'm gonna love this story, I already know that much! I already do love it!

Don't know what the rest of it holds... I'm only at bottom of page one...but...I will get back to you on it, when I have time to finally finish, then re-read it, again and again!

This story is excellent though...I've no problem giving you 5 stars, with what I've read so far, and if they had 10 stars, I would've given you 20!

Damn! This is a great story, great premise, great plot and truly GREAT writing!

Thank you! :)

Can't wait to read the rest of the story...!

Gotta go to work now though....for shit sake, I'm just starting the first 12 hour shift out of the next 14 days straight of 12 hour shifts...FUCK!

But...when you are the father of three or four precious, cute, wonderful little kiddo's starting at the same ages as Mekenna in this story...well...like me, you'll do whatever it takes, to keep those bright smiles and twinkling happy little eyes, on their pretty little faces!

You'll do anything, to keep and see the deep true love for you, in your wife's eyes...as she watches you sit on your ass, on the floor, so you can hug and kiss and love-up on, and cherish all your wonderful, happy little, rug-ratta-misses and rug-ratta-musses, at once!

'Scuse me...I gotta go for now...my wife and kids are waiting...and then I gotta run for the crew crummy, and go to the docks and then go to work on the rig again...

I so wish I didn't have this 14 days on shift, coming up! I want to love and enjoy my wife and family...and read the rest of this story! I know, I can already tell, this story is a real first class WINNER!

HOLY...!

Wish the hell I'd of paid attention in class, in grammar and high school! Wish I'd of finished my assignments and then blitzed the finals, and got the full credit, good scores, that woulda let me go to a good trade school, or college!

Wish the hell my dad hadn't somehow pissed-off the local county draft board director, and then a few years later, he discovered, my parents had one more son, just turned 18, and he could take his revenge on my Dad, through me! Even though he knew, I was not quite outta high school yet!

Wish I hadn't got drafted by that crooked SOB...and wound-up in Nam, a year later, dodging lead...or...not...

Wish all that happening, so fucking-up my life, hadn't forced me into menial lower paying hand labor, with a wife and four little ones to provide for, so I could go to college, get a degree and get a real inside, office type job, that pays well! I'd so love to do for my little bitty kids, what the main man in this story, could do for his child, (after he knew he and Ripley had a child between them, that is!)

But, I love working with my hands and bringing home the bacon for my wife and family, from my own sweat and toil...Just like my father did, and his father before him, and his father before him, and so on...

Yeah... you got that right! ...

HOLY SHIT!

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
My 10 cents Worth minus 8 cents tax=2 cents Worth

Tell Me fellow sad sacks if your ex as per story, wants you back are you going to say no? I won't Thanks for sharing this Fantastic Story with us! β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜… WOOF!

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO WIN OVER A DIFFICULT SITUATION

always lead off with your best idea or prop and hope for the best, TK U MLJ LV NV

griz375griz375about 6 years ago
I almost invriably like your work

This one.....not so much.

Perhaps it's just from reading it at 03:47 -- I'll give it another go during daylight hours

norcal62norcal62about 6 years ago
Yes, Kaine is weak, and very selfish and immature.

You've created the character you wanted, but it's so much the LW standard that it's disappointing. The old LW running away scenario is overdue for extinction. Repeating the "leaving to find myself" sequence was way overplayed. I enjoyed the development of the family feelings.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 6 years ago
Tough to be a legend.

I see a few complaints in the comments and even though I admit that there are things in this story that don't work for me, the positives far outweigh the negatives. The only part that I struggled with was the guy with the straight razor coming along out of nowhere; that felt like a round plot device hammered into a square hole. It provided the drama necessary to push the couple's reconciliation, so it pulled the ending together, but I didn't think it was up to the standard of the rest of the story.

I got a kick out of the Ripley character, so the Sigourney Weaver/Aliens and Zuul/Ghostbusters bit did not go unappreciated. Having such a strong character begging for another chance is what made this story work as well as it did. The LW category is a tough crowd to please, but this effort rises above any nitpicking to be one of the finer ones in this category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I

Absolutely & completely understand why you are a Ledgend, great story

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Swinging back around

I seem to be running out of good stories to read on here so checked this one again. Read a bunch of the comments. Some stupid, some thought provoking.

Not sure how she is a strong woman. Headstrong sure. Self centered perhaps. Would a strong woman need to move out of her marriage from the man she loved just because she felt she was losing herself or some such?

Not sure how he is weak. She ripped his heart out and he left town to avoid further heartache. Why would he want to be around his smoking hot ex, her friends and her fans? My wife moves out to go find herself, I'd divorce her too and move on with another woman quick.

And yes, as I said before, had they been my parents keeping her secret about MY child, I would have never trusted them again nor felt close to them again. I'd have been around them because of the kid but that would be it. Unforgivable betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@auhunter4

Ripley admits having sex with someone other than him.

She declares she was faithful during their dating, marriage and her pregnancy, but she indicates she had others after that.

If she never had anyone else she would have flat out said so.

Your personal weight loss seems to be located between your ears.

Blackrandall1958 is certainly beautiful-photos posted profile-certainly desrves her LW PEDESTAL status, however ALLENDER'S HUNT has yet to be equaled by her new submissions.

Would like explanation as to why those two chapters were

deleted

FD45FD45about 6 years ago
Missing the big issue in the story

First, this is the first story of yours I read. The Ransom story is the second.

Second, I am not commenting about the writing, the pacing, the story structure or any of that. It was very good. The characters were believable and relatable. So this is kudos to the author.

Here is the issue: This gorgeous woman, who knows she has money and men lining up to get a sniff of her, is **INCREDIBLY ENTITLED**. From 21 years old, she has been making the big bucks and had fawning adulation from her fans (and a few creeps, ala Lit commenters).

So what does she decide? She decides she can put Kaine on a shelf and walk away for as long as she wants because 'who wouldn't want her?'. If she wants a booty call, she can go back to Kaine...maybe.

Kaine was correct. At home, she was accountable to someone. Moved out, she wasn't. So if she didn't want to call Kaine for a booty call...maybe someone with a bit more money or status...like she meets EVERY DAY...why shouldn't he expect that she was on her way to trading up? It happens ALL THE TIME and she was, admittedly, a 'stupid girl'. Not big into her motivations and self analysis.

So her dismissive attitude at his legitimate concerns won no points from me and her mealy mouthed apologies cut very little ice. Because the subtext is always the same: "I know I hurt you...but get over it! Cause I want you and it was terribly inconvenient and selfish of you to make me make ANY effort at all to pick up something I threw away."

BUT...she did show flashes of insight. Stealing his pizza was a HUGE red flag to me...and she showed enough awareness to apologize after the fact. (She's a big fan of asking forgiveness instead of actually THINKING about the feelings of others first. Entitled!)

Honestly...she's lucky she did this when she was 27, because if she tried this shit when she was 30, it wouldn't have happened. Half of this reconciliation is because she's one of the hottest things on two legs and she knows it. Kaine, when he speaks of her, doesn't talk about their intimate moments. Their feelings. Memories. It is how HAWT she is.

The idea that somehow, over three years she never got a better offer from anyone else, or she didn't get mad and frustrated seems...unlikely.

The reconciliation, to my mind, is a gift she should be thankful for. But I doubt she feels nearly as thankful as she should be 'Well...he finally got his head out of his ass and saw things my way' is likely going to be her attitude.

Because she has constantly shown herself to be entitled.

**

This story, by the way, is lightyears better than the Ransom story. Again, it is well written, has great contrasting points of view, was believable. But she didn't grow nearly as much as she thinks she did. I don't expect her to crawl but showing some basic human fucking decency to Kaine would have been nice to see.

Nuanced. That's a great word for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
smacks of the poor little rich girl syndrome

well written, 3 *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Manipulative

He keeps wanting to cuss when his daughter is there and stops himself but then when they are on the boat he doesn't cuss at all?

She might have grown up some, but she is still one conniving, manipulative, selfish bitch.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 6 years ago
Though I liked the story, I'm curious about something...

At one point she says "I'm here, Kaine," she said. "I'm right here. I love you with all my heart. I always have."

But sometime prior to that she basically comments about how she didn't touch another man when they were married or prior to Makenna's birth...

So, she's saying she DID have sex with guys after that... in spite of loving him with all her heart...

Obviously, fully loving someone doesn't trump a need for sex...

HighpikeHighpikeabout 6 years ago
Enjoyed

Enjoyed the story and valued it FD45's comments. I always like reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hmmm

I am wondering how you can be so in love and he searching and trying to contact your love, but sex others?

It doesn't seem a husband would really believe you did all that and loved so much, yet dated and sexed others.

This doesn't compute to me.

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
well written

but the whole leaving to find myself schtick, sorry that wouldn't wash with me. she was a selfish arrogant twat before and was a slightly less selfish arrogant twat now. His parents are laughable a bit, she had his kid and they hid it. Nope they'd be in the doghouse if they were lucky, trust burned their. Good story Randi, a little quick to forgive a sin that big, but hey its still your story and well written. 4

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I tried to finish it

But alas, just couldn't make it through to the end. We all know you're talented and overworked. I enjoy many many stories because of you. So Thank You! I really mean that.

Sorry, but this one just wasn't my cup of tea. I could list a bunch of criticism but it would be redundant from others.

BUT, the list of comments here had me just rolling laughing. Was worth it just to see all the scuttle.

Cheers

And keep up the good work

Joe in Tuscaloosa

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great! Just Great!

I've read this story three times, and it is one of the best stories in the category, maybe one of the best on the whole site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It feels too much like real life.

This is like the third or forth time I have read this story and I am writing this only after the first page. This story conveys so much raw emotion in such a good way. I just love it. Keep up the good work.

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 6 years ago
I wondered so I looked it up

It turns out that there is an industry set up to test (hopefully both) grandparents to determine paternity. This is done in situations where the putative father is unwilling or unavailable to be tested himself.

This would have helped her situation. Just saying.

Had she prepared him for her "finding herself" before unilaterally announcing that she was out the door it may have gone better for her.

mitchawamitchawaalmost 6 years ago
Wondering

I can't add much to the comments othe rthat to say it was a beautiful story. You had a great plot, well described characters, and the conflict between Ripley and Kaine was well done, and the several twists added to the story.

What I'm wondering about is several comments pertaining to Ripley's sex life was like after MeKenna was born? The topic was never clearly addressed, but the attack by Jeff Conley was clear than he and Ripley were living together, and I assume sleeping together. I can't believe that Kaine wouldn't bring up that issue and wonder what effect it would have on him.

Even with that lack of clarity, it was an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Rather Wonderful

A wonderful, uplifting story of love triumphing over stupidity and emotional cowardice. Although written from Kaine's point of view, there is no doubt that Riley is the driving force behind this story. She's the one with the balls. Kaine is a bit of a wimp who runs away at the first sign of potential emotional discomfort and, in many ways a typical male, he is far more afraid of his feelings for Riley than fighting off a switchblade welding psychopath. But Riley and his daughter want him and luckily he doesn't really stand a chance.

It's superbly written, both main characters are endearing (although Kaine is a tad annoying at times), dangers lurk where they are least expected, passions ignite and then implode, maybe they'll get together again, maybe they won't. It's all rather wonderful and in the end love conquers all. What more could anyone want.

LA

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 6 years ago
Loved the Writing and the Characters

But as written it's obvious that Riley was leaving LOTS out of the story she peddled to her husband and his parents. I think he was right on target about "Buyer's Remorse." Probably she dodged a big bullet here. Read in "She got pregnant and didn't know who the father was."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
TU

Tired of reading authors with +4 rating but character lapses, spelling errs, non-involving plots: I came back to your stories be cheered.

I am.

Again, Thank You.

Craig

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Seems to me

he should expect to be periodically humiliated but he has to tough it out for the kid. But again fuck his parents.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Did

enjoy the heck out of the story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
UndrApprctd

You have a point. That would explain why she didn't work that hard to let him know. Hell yes. Most likely was cheating on him and that's why she moved out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I really liked this little tale

And I'm good with the happy ending. But in the back of my mind I keep hearing Ripley telling half truths and dancing. Dancing around what was really going on. So while I liked the happy ending, it wouldn't have surprised me or hurt my feelings to have him call the cops and kick her out in the beginning. Or several other times. Of course you wouldn't have had a story, but..........

fisheronefisheronealmost 6 years ago
Mistakes of couples

If she was cheating why did she come back in 3 days realizing her mistake. If she hadn't came back so soon I would think cheating instead of stupidity. Maturity and time can heal a multitude of hurts. Good read and ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Lame logic

She cant be with another guys

If shes saying to love her man

Even though he is not talking

This kind of things doesnt hide when his wife having their child

Plesse give reasonable reasons you spoil base of great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Removed stories

Hi! There were a lot of stories associated with this account, on this site as well as others. However, a lot of stories seem to be missing. I think some names have also beem changed ( I cannot find a story I really liked involving two friends, a party, drugs and kidnapping).

Do you plan on uploading those stories again? Otherwise, is there any other site where we can access those stories?

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 6 years agoAuthor
@ anonymous: Removed stories

I was naive. I agreed to sign a deal for six books, and part of the deal was taking down my stories from the free sites that weren't collaborative. I talked to friends who write professionally, and they didn't have to do that. I renegotiated, and I am now free from that restriction.I will eventually repost the stories. The unpopular ones, no, unless I really love them. Hope that answers your questions.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

I'm glad there was a happy ending, but I really dislike Ripley.

If someone says "I want a separation" its basically one step away from divorce and is an extremely serious statement. She didn't discuss it with Kaine beforehand, then just told him she was moving out! No wonder the poor guy was devastated! She didn't give the slightest fuck about his feelings or what he wanted... It was all about her!

So he leaves and she changes her mind, then finds out she's pregnant. Why the hell didn't she get his attorney to tell him about the baby? His parents knew as well, so why the hell didn't they tell him the first time he spoke to them?! Kaine had a right to know he was a father and she stole those first few years with his daughter away from him.

Then Kaine asks her for a divorce, because he thinks she dumped him to go hunting for strange cock. So she doesn't tell him about McKenna, gets divorced... then goes hunting for strange cock.

If Ripley actually loved him, she would have fought the divorce, done whatever she could to let him know he was a father and... Stayed faithful!

But she did none of those things because she was a selfish slut. You can tell she doesn't regret anything she did, because of the shitty way she treats him when she's trying to win him back!

Check out this barrage of abuse... All quotes from the story:

"Jesus, you can really be a prick sometimes, Kaine."

"God, why are you such a fucking coward, Kaine?"

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Kaine?"

"What is it with you, Kaine? You're acting like a child."

"God, you are so selfish"

"you're still pouting about what happened four years ago. Why don't you grow up, already?"

"You are such an ass!"

"Grrr, you're just hopeless,"

"What the hell is wrong with you, Kaine?"

"Kaine, will you for once get your head out of your ass?"

What an unbelievable cunt. Why the hell would he want to get back together with that? Maybe she just wore the poor bastard down...

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
BR

Glad to hear it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Yeah

Five stars by the way

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
RECONCILLIATION

Did they talk ever talk about the time they were separated I guess not, what is in the past stays in the past only the future mattered to them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Ships in the night

People can do lots of damage, just by not decoding what is said.

Well written, great connection of words and deeds.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
Winner.

Another winner from this great author. Great story about how life happens, and then sometimes re-happens. Bravos.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

The reason for not telling that their son has a child does' t make any sense or maybe his parents are crazy or doesn't love him enough to not let him miss 3 years of his child's life.

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 5 years ago
after 2nd reading

this makes no sense. "I thought about what she had said. Maybe she really was trying to be efficient: if I'd tagged along with her, she'd have had to introduce me to the people with whom she was schmoozing. That would take time, and be awkward, too. The more I thought about it, the more I thought she might have been right. I had acted like an asshole. I really should call her and apologize. "

The first date after getting back together, she picks a function where she ignores him most of the night? Sorry, I'd been pissed too, and NO apology .

And, she searches for him after he leaves, and always loves him? That why she was screwing Jeff? Just a bit inconsistent plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Immature thinking

Ripley was very immature when she decided to leave him while they were still married because she wanted to find herself and then to find that she was pregnant with Kaine's baby and when she found out then she wanted to talk to him. She did not realize that her leaving Kaine torn his heart out of him and he filed for divorce and left for Alaska and she could not find him, so she contacted his parents who stood by her while having the kid, but even they did not tell their son that he was a dad and that he should come home, he did not know and when he finally came home they still did not tell him, which they were wrong for not telling him. It may have made a difference for Kaine if he knew so now he living his life without knowing and trying to avoid Ripley every time she tried to corner him. She finally corned him and he falls in love with his daughter and wants to spend more time with her. Kaine was kind a being a bit of a jerk at times instead of manning up and confronting the situation and moving past it he kept putting his foot in his mouth until by saving her life from a man who was stocking her that it finally dawned on him that he still loved her and they became a couple once again and had another little one.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
It's Me Again!

There is one part that tugs at My heart strings.... (Tears and Tissue Moment).....When Makenna disappeared and Kaine couldn't find Her.... (My Friends That Is My Worst Nightmare. ..Not Finding My Daughters).... Forgive Me For Annoying You all Bye

Rickman48Rickman48over 5 years ago
Been there

And it’s hard beyond belief to come back from it but it can be done - after a fashion.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Yeah

plot holes but I can live with that for the fun of the story. He's still in deep shit and I predict trouble and frustration. And again, fucking parents are dead to him.

forsure798285forsure798285over 5 years ago
Great story but unrealistic

Women (and men) who leave a realationship to "find themselves" do not come back. Every instance I know of in this situation ended badly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Optimist

Perhaps I'm an optimist but people who find their lives directed some where else can find their way back, with counseling and prayer. My wife was seduced by another man into a platonic love relationship, which lasted 14 years. She'd have sex with me but loved him. But events led her back to me. Priorities asserted themselves for the benefit for us and our children. We've been married now 37 years. Fantastic story.

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 5 years ago
Simply WOW !

What an incredible story. The two women in the story do what women do to your heart. One captured it like the little angel she was, and the other broke it and then found it and mended it. I absolutely loved the story, the little girl, the dog, the beautiful, sexy red head. What's not to like. A great job. Easily a 5. 😊😊😊😊😊

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Uh yeah

Platonic. Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure it was just the once and will never happen again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I loved it 5 stars all the way !

At last a real uplifting loving wives story, well written with mostly believable characters. Actually I will amend that, with believable characters. Great story.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 5 years ago
really

so you are saying he runs off to Alaska and never contacts his parents and then returns and still doesn't contact his parents because I'm sure they would have told him about the girl. You maybe a great writer but a story is better when you aren't selling a load of BS. TK

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
Love this story

You really write a beautiful story! Thank You!

012Say012Sayover 5 years ago
Favorite story

It is the emotion of the story that makes it great. Impossible his parents would not tell him, but it doesn’t matter, it is a story for the heart.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 5 years ago
Fantastic

Just finished reading and loved the story. Couple of problems with things but can easily be overlooked by the fact that this was really good to read.

I'd happily read a story set after the epilogue.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
flightless bird and stupid national symbol

You misread the story. Try again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great

Excellent writing.

Uncertain though why you wrote it so we knew she had sex with others and was dating. This is normal for loving the guy pursuing him and wanting him back?

Doesn't sound right. I would have altered those things a bit. Maybe platonic stuff.

He has trust issues and knowing she loved him but still had sex with others would be a high roadblock.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous 11/24/18 Re: "Shithole worthless premise"

Okay, it's wonderful that everything is so wonderful with your marriage, seriously.

That doesn't mean that others are somehow wrong and/or failures.

While I loved this story, I had my disagreements with things. You obviously had more.

That doesn't entitle you or anyone to be abusive. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

123456...9
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...