All Comments on 'You Can Go Home Again'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 802 Comments (Page 6)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just because it is popular doesn't mean it is as good as it could have been. I notice you skipped over the multitude of people writing responses that were critical of how the story managed to get the ending you were going for. The arguments are consistent and well thought out.

Of course. you might have been intending to write a story about a complete doormat with no self-esteem and the narcissistic woman who figured out how to get an easily controlled husband who will do anything she wants. If so, then bravo you nailed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ranger001 I have written several stories on Twisting the Hellmouth and on Fanfiction.net. None of them have been original works as of yet, but I have written.

I would point out that even someone who is not a writer can point out the flaws in a story. Trying to shame someone instead of counter their arguments is tantamount to admitting they are correct.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

It was the perfect story to read on the Monday before Christmas! Just beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have read many author's praises of your help, especially editing. For me? That may be your forte. This is just another in the long list of "new woman" who can do whatever the fuck she wants, damn the consequences. After using language abominably and abusing her marital station, she expects her lust driven, feeble minded husband to simply take her back. This story is the mantra for the excuse for deceitful manipulative women. A brilliant example of an attack and successful emasculation of a righteous strong man. In essence "New Age" bullshit. I'm sure the likes are populated by like minded women and insecure men. Not for me. By the way, I'm forced to sign anonymous as Literotica won't recognize my Email registration for three years.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years agoAuthor

@Annie: "I have read..." Excuse you. There is nothing interesting about your need to undermine me to spare your own fragile masculinity. Imma say this one time: Your insecurity is not my responsibility and does not give you grounds to diss me. You can read my shit, you can ask a clarifying question; I even welcome a challenge. What you will not do on this day, or any other, is use demeaning language to try to make me feel small. It's a waste of our time, because I am quite secure in myself, therefore you lack the ability. Respectfully, I won't say it again; I'll just delete your ass. Moving on...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It seems like the "haters" are outnumbered 200 to one and from those couple comments, they seem the type to get off on causing controversy. Those who had issues with how the two main characters acted seem to have short memories! We all had degrees of stupid behavior in our lives (some may never grow out of it). In this case it largely was miscommunication handled poorly.

Randi, your talents are many, appreciated by many. Thank you!

somewhere east of Omaha

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

I've always cherished this story. It's a perennial favorite and I come back to it from time to time. Thanks so much for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

enjoyed it i loved the idea of a child bringing a family back together. If it continued how could he miss the level of gaslighting she was doing? The poor kid calling him a coward and running away nonsense that was 100%projection, she couldn't even stay in the same house. she ran he dealt with her mess, his immaturity was inexperience and she threw that right back at him i think she's a bit of a narcist

JusteenKJusteenKover 2 years ago

Only just discovered this story and it's immediately become one of my favourites. Although it is a while since, I remember being as young and stupid as these two. And I do love a happy ending. Xx

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can't figure out what the he'll she does for a job.does she work as a dj or something else at the radio station?with her money as a factor is she a singer or did she come from money?

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

communication is important in any relationship.

You have one mouth and two ears for a reason

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
LITTLE MAC REOPENS THE LINES OF COMMUNICATION AMONG HER PARENTS

just as Mac, the barn door knows those line should never have been broken. TK U MLJ LV NV

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Nice story but some problems in the logic train. Frankly she really has major MAJOR issues that are addressed only peripherally. Her actions in leaving him are simply unforgivable. How very many times do we see the self entitled sociopathic bitch this standard “I must move out to find myself…”. His actions of leaving are not only not childish but a realistic response to a fundamental betrayal.

Her callous actions at the Restaurant, her hard core manipulation using the child as a weapon, and her contemptuous commentary at the benefit and in reaction to his leaving all display that she is still a self absorbed entitled bitch who knows how to manipulate and throw smoke with the best of them. I say this because this is so obvious from the story’s evidence. That is the result of a broken logic train. The author does not make a compelling case supporting their reconciliation. She took the knife cut for him in a moment of emotion. Yes she loves him BUT is that sufficient to overcome the sociopathic traits that are displayed by her unconscious actions if indifferent disrespect? This is the evidence that the author has failed to persuade the reader to properly suspend their disbelief. In short the reconciliation ending does not make common sense because the author failed to provide the evidence supporting the whole thing.

Still great characters in a great abet flawed love story. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really nice story. I honestly think you could have left out the nonsense about the straight razor at the mall encouter but it is your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Second time reading this story and it is still a winner but this time I have a few issues to bring to light. Ripley admitted it herself; she was an actor. Everything she did was to get what she wanted including her freedom from her husband as she found herself. Is she acting now to get back the husband who knew what he wanted in his life? Also, after he left and she was served the divorce papers she couldn’t get in touch with him in Alaska. Wonder why she didn’t have his lawyer tell him she was pregnant? Then again she was supposed to be on the pill and didn’t learn she was pregnant until after he left. If he heard that he would think that she got knocked up by a new man who was helping her to find herself. Now she will get a paternity test to verify that the child is his? Hell, she could have run the DNA against his mother or father to look for a match. It wouldn’t be perfect but damn near and her folks would be willing to let him know he had a baby girl. There are too many what ifs for me but still an interesting and well written story.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years agoAuthor

@Mr. 111,

Sorry, but you left out some vital words from your comment. Perhaps this is due to a broken logic train. Those vital words are, "In my opinion." It is your opinion that Randi has failed to justify a reconciliation. Whether it is a fact-based opinion is debatable. It is your opinion, and perfectly valid, so long as you own it as your opinion.

Your value judgement of my character as a "self entitled sociopathic bitch" is also your opinion. Others may, or may not, share your opinion.

The most disturbing of your statements is: "This is the evidence that the author has failed to persuade the reader to properly suspend their disbelief." You do not speak for "the reader." You speak for yourself, and so does everyone else.

It would seem that "the reader" does not, in any broad way, share your opinion. This story has been read 486,653 times. It has been marked as a reader favorite 1053 times. It is scored at 4.62. The average score for all LW stories is 3.37. At 4.62, mine is well above the average. The number of readers who have voted on it is 10,634. Thousands of voters, obviously, disagree with you.

In fact, I would challenge you to find any story in LW published since this one with anywhere close to the same numbers. "The reader," disagrees, largely, with you.

Your opinion, Mr. 111, just your opinion. Perfectly valid, and you are free to express it in a non-insulting way on my story, but only your opinion. You don't speak for anyone other than Mr. 111.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It can bring a tear to a hard person. Well written. Makes one picture how many times they fucked up and the many times they overreact. Thanks for allowing me to read

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well written. Good plot and pacing; doesn’t let up until the very satisfying conclusion. 5 stars! Much better than the usual drivel in the LW section!

I do agree with some earlier comments that at certain points the logic was stretched thin and it was a little melodramatic. But, minor criticism.

Really enjoyed that the main character names are taken from the movie “Alien”. Don’t know if that was intentional or not. In any event, Ripley is a badass just like the character in the film. Kaine often comments that she ripped his heart out; kinda mirrors what happens to the character in the film!

And, when Ripley makes the Zuul reference, I laughed out loud! Since it’s uttered by Sigourney Weaver in “Ghostbuster” and she plays Ripley in “Alien” I keep thinking that the author was using it intentionally! Hell, I loved it!!!

Although, the story fits into the LW category, I found it romantic and sweet. The addition of the daughter was priceless. She was the “hook” that made the story work for me. As a father with daughters, I totally understood how Kaine felt!! Once you see them, it’s impossible not to love them.

Thanks to the author for a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dear Author,

Most trolls on this website would not know a good story if it bit them on the ass.

You have every right to defend yourself and “trot” out your stats because they are impressive!

How does he know readers automatically give you 5’s when they see your name?!?!?

Just pathetic!

Your story was way above average! I gave it 5 stars (yes Mr Troll but I read it first) if you want bona fide literature go to a library.

Excellent character development, dialogue and a romantic conclusion.

In the future Mr. Troll perhaps you should learn how to write since your criticism is poorly worded and written! Nuff said!

Thanks Randi!! Loved the story and look forward to more offerings by you.

Turning502019Turning502019over 2 years ago

My favorite story on this site so far.

CimenRunarCimenRunarover 2 years ago

I enjoyed reading this tremendously, especially as it was not clear what the outcome would be for quite a while. I did want a bit more information about what Ripley had been doing in those three years she had her daughter. ‘…I didn’t even touch anyone till after the divorce’. Who, and what did she get up to as a ‘matured’ woman with a child? Dinner dates, or something more intimate? Then the final dramatic scene - ‘…I’m taking you back where you belong’. That sounded like she had been doing more than just having dinner, yet she only stopped seeing the ‘arsehole’ after she had the talk with Kaine at the pool that first time. This doesn’t seem to add up to her still loving her ex, desperately wanting to get back together with him and being a responsible single parent. What else, or who else, had been in her life? I think Kaine would have asked those questions. I certainly did. Anyway, well written and a good story. 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lots more please!

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Many feel-good stories lack drama. This one though has a perfect balance between angst and hope. The wounds are deep enough that the reader feels them, but not too deep that they are beyond healing.

.

The husband who disappears for years and finds, upon returning, that he is a father, is a cliche --- and a contrived cliche at that. But it's a potentially powerful narrative device --- that's why it's used so frequently, although seldom is it deployed so satisfyingly as in this tale, and the key to that is in the delightful characterization of Makenna.

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredabout 2 years ago

A complete story with development, history and a good resolution. A gem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love this story wish there were more like it. It's more of a romantic story but I don't read those much.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

I loved the balance. The romance without Ripley giving submission. The brash way Ripley used McKenna to soften "Daddy" up, in my opinion told me she loved him and was sorry. Ripley coming back after all the time passage, told me she made a mistake and asked forgiveness. The method that the husband deals with a wife, asked for a separation is way different that the tactics (run away) Kaine employed, so I did cut Ripley so slack. If my wife told me this, I would immediately start a discussion and try and find out why. I would suggest we discuss with a professional and re-address this in about a week. After the week I would not give her any hope I would wait for her Him running and stay running for 3 years, in some ways validated her being forgiven. I love this story. BTRH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Man, this counts as romance? Wife leaves husband for whatever. Husband gives up on wife because she couldn't articulate why she needs to leave. Husband divorces, leaves old life behind. Wife has child. Claims to have been faithful until divorced. Claims to have searched for husband. Uses kid to be forgiven.

This is more manipulation than romance. Told from a man's point of view, from a woman who doesn't know how men hurt. Pfft.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The premise that she moved out, got her own place, wanted to "find herself", went on dates with "business associates", but it was all completely innocent and she didn't want to cheat or divorce is verging on unbelievable. If so, this is the only case of this in the history of mankind. So with this back story, it is hard to see Ripley as anyone other than someone, who after riding the carousel with bad boys for three years, now wants a "nice guy" to raise her daughter.

MainboyMainboyabout 2 years ago

Brilliant. I tripped over this story long ago, lost it and found it again by accident after some desperate searches. It is now favourited for multiple re-reads. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Many elements of this were problematic however oh no it was a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nicely done. As for any women haters out there try remembering that Ripley (the woman, not the girl) is now both grown up and successful. If all she wanted was a partner to daddy her daughter she could take her pic from dozens of men. She picked Kaine for exactly one reason: love.

anubeloreanubeloreabout 2 years ago

So this:

"... Mom said they hadn't told me about Makenna because they didn't want to look like they were pushing me to get back together with Ripley. Well, that was fair enough, I guess, and I had been pretty vehement about not wanting to talk about her. ..."

Isn't sufficient, for me at least. Because we're never explicitly told that he spent those three years unreachable in Alaska. In fact, it often sounds like he'd been back, and working in town, for an extended period of time, a year or more. And if his parents failed to tell him about his little girl for that long of a time... Yeah, no. Hell no. I'm *assuming* that he'd only been back for less than a year, and his parents weren't that shitty, but I wish that had been made clearer in the text.

There are other things I didn't love, and some of it felt rather rushed and abbreviated, but it was an enjoyable read nonetheless. Indeed this is possibly my third time reading it (it's been a few years) but the first time I felt like I could explain what bugged me about it. Obviously I reread it anyway, so the thing speaks for itself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of my favorite stories on Literotica. Very human, genuine, mature. Very well-written.

DreddrasDreddrasabout 2 years ago

I ended up liking this a lot less than I'd initially hoped. I felt like the "happy" ending was far too much of a foregone conclusion, and that there could /should have been significantly more friction and genuine doubt given such a traumatic past. I also felt like the actions of Kaine's parents (covering for Ripley and failing to notify their own flesh and blood about his child) were highly problematic, and his shrugging acceptance of them (much like his way-too-easy acceptance of Ripley back in his life) rang false.

I'm not saying Ripley didn't deserve to win back Kaine, but I don't think her waving it off as "I was young and dumb" while simultaneously constantly calling him a coward sells it well enough.

All that said, the prose is extremely good, can't fault that at all, and I'll certainly check out other works by the author in the future.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Oh, wow. How many stars? What do you think?

(*****) I'm terrible at suspense I guess. Thank you very much for that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

14 * would be too few.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I can't, no I wouldn't let anyone back into my life after leaving me. The trust is broken. Well written, but having been burned before the story doesn't sit well with me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

His heart is safe in her care? No possible way he can have that sort of confidence in this woman after what transpired. One might easily suspect he actually wants her to betray him again.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

I do enjoy this every time I read it. It is written very well, obviously you wanted to telegraph the ending. The anons who think she was THAT bad, well my guess is they havent dated a real woman yet.

I do agree with Dreddras, it seems in your desire to make this a cavity creating story you did avoid the more serious confrontations needed to make this a more realistic story and less of a straight bee line to the reconciliation ending.

Still a good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She wanted her freedom for a few months; should’ve done that before marriage. He almost accepted her immediately? Why? He apologizes after she leaves him alone at that function. No man in their right mind would do that. I wonder what she spoke about other than the money raising. Lastly, he thinks his heart’s safe with her? Maybe after some years but not right away. 3 stars bec overall a nice story. —Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written but I would not have taken them back on a bet. She's a liar and a cheat. You don't get do overs.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Very well written, the author describes R in every detail, but nothing bar one or two remarks about the K, which leaves us somewhat in the dark about him, bar the fact he went to Alaska? My other gripe is the idea that Motherhood in some way automatically makes a young woman mature, it doesn’t, it just means you’re immature with a child, yes you learn a lot fast about babies, but it doesn’t magically make you a responsible person as R is supposed to be, and no, his heart is in no way safe in her keeping (my life experience talking there), flighty people tend to stay that way, be it running out on marriages etc or or other commitments. But hey, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ripley repeatedly mocks Kaine for running away from every problem that arises and maybe she has a point but she conveniently forgets that it was her running away from the first problem their marriage encountered that caused this shitstorm in the first place. Another thing that didn't sit well with me was her dragging him to that charity function and abandoning him so she could schmooze with potential donors. How the hell did he end up apologising for her crass behaviour? Something he needs to bear in mind for the future, methinks.

ArdieffArdieffabout 2 years ago

Well, it is like the fusion process of romance drama - it is generated out of thin air by the main characters immaturity ;-) Still an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why and how would he ever trust her? Ripley is an abhorrent person.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Its a fairytale of youth and misunderstanding. Funny how its easier to see and resolve vicariously outside of the fog of conflicted emotions. Sorrow and pain are hard to forget or forgive. They also unforgettable teachers of growth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is the first of your stories that I have read. I was not disappointed. It was beautifully written with wonderful characters. Ripley reminded me of my wife with her quick mind and beautiful body. Any guy that doesn’t appreciate his wife’s intellect is a bit of a fool. I was so happy that they got back together.

Slick742Slick742about 2 years ago

This is about the fifth time I've read this story. Great suspense, tension, surprises and most of all love. Thanks. SK742

Spike1969Spike1969about 2 years ago

This was the first story I read from this author. It was very well written; but… a little hopeful constructive criticism: it was a stretch to include this as LW. I would have it in Romance or, with a slight edit to a couple of paragraphs on the last page, it could have been non-erotic. Plus, for the length of the story it had at least one and maybe a few too many dramatic twists. First was the premise of the story, got it. Second, mom and dad know about the daughter; but, that wasn’t fleshed out. Third was loosing her in the woods… without any real consequences. And finally, the mall fight that ended with our heroine in the hospital. Plus, there was a very thin mention of her sexual relationships post divorce and none of his. I still gave it four stars because of how well it was written and I’ll probably read more of the author’s works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

His mother denied him his daughter.

Evil.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was my second time through the story and I loved it just as much. One thought that Kaine missed. Ripley states she was faithful until the divorce went through. Did that mean she wasn’t faithful after that? She knew she was pregnant by that time.

TassieTykeTassieTykeabout 2 years ago

Superb, Thank you.

FastreidyFastreidyalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful story and really enjoyed it, almost forgot I was on Literotica.

FastreidyFastreidyalmost 2 years ago

I loved this story,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was well written and I did enjoy it. BUT, it’s not really a romance. Girl leaves guy, girl wants guy back constantly criticizes, guy says I’m an asshole and takes girl back. Hey I get it people make mistakes, but the premise that all should be forgiven is crap. The fact the parents new about the daughter and said nothin? I don’t know, the feeling I got about that scene was WTF. Whose parents were they again? The rest of the story the feel I got from it was that he needed to bow down right now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5*

So well written. Great characters. I don't know what to say to kids either.

My reaction: she was so manipulative. He was toast when she arrived, probably before.

Never dated a redhead. I'll never have a chance to, as my wife has a very strict No Dating Policy. According to Literotica, they have some sort of magic. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really nice job. Thank you for this nice read.

Mojo648Mojo648almost 2 years ago

Got to confess that during the storyline, I started to distrust her, what was her motive,?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked the story, although the knife was a little over the top. Just pushing someone can cause enough problems, without making the other guy a baroque vilain

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Kid and she took a knife for him so I guess he stays but keep her on a short leash and fuck his parents

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Read some comments and noticed your prickly answers. Seriously, it’s a helluva read but there are several WTF plot holes. Pretty sure you could sell some books if you wanted to but pro editors would make you fix that shit.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941almost 2 years ago

5 stars for your writing abilities but far less for the subject matter, far too much modern women attitude for me. I do love your work just not the result of this subject.

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 2 years ago

another of your great stories. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

as already mentioned several times

Problems and/or plot holes (that irritated me).

-parents keeping the MC's child a secret (for quite a long time after all)? Why, how can their son not be disturbed by this behavior and at least confront them to clarify this (in the story not fleshed out IMO)

-everything should (not) be forgiven and (not) forgotten

-the way the female main character is written makes me distrust her, she seems e.g. shady and way too arrogant or egocentric

- my problem here: I have no idea if this is intentional or not, if so she is an asshole and good luck to the male MC, luckily she is not my problem, if not so that is her intended character.... shudder

-Some things like money matters, some laws being ignored and so on have taken my "suspension of disbelief" to the extreme.

i guess you can say that the way the female MC behaves, the way her character traits are described coupled with the absolute insolence of the MC's parents provide 90% of the displeasure.

I would like to know if Black if she were updating or writing the story today would she do some things differently, the writing style etc is excellent as always

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Would of been much more interesting if at least one of the following two happened: a. the DNA test came back negative and b. he being married with a 2 yo kid

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

Such a Good story!

You showed that Ripley had matured from an impetuous 24 y.o. into a responsible mother of 28 (?) and by the end Kaine realised that she really had changed.

11/10 Gate Keepers!!!!!

I re-read this every 4th recommendation I get for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story! I only wish there was more in the epilog. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is one of the sweetest, sexiest stories on Literotica. Extremely well-written, great storyline, well-developed characters - a great read!

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 2 years ago

Second Read (& probably comment.)

Perhaps already covered (but I’m not leafing through 500+ comments) but the DNA test on Hubby is bullshit. All Sweetie had to do was run a comparison DNA test on Makeena and Hubby’s Mom. Unless he has a brother, it would be definitive! (Well, unless Hubby’s Mom and Dad adopted him!) Not necessary (or appropriate) to test Hubby’s Dad. That way, The Grands would not have to carry ANY doubts for three years! If GrandDad wanted a partial fidelity test, he coulda offered to add, and pay for, his own cheek swab to Sweetie’s packet.

Obviously, Sweetie needed NO proof … she knew there were no other sperm donors until after Hubby divorced her, and impregnation does not work retrospectively.

Still a 5*

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 2 years ago

BTW

following up on immediate past comment.

And The Grands also coulda helped … on their own plan or Sweetie’s idea.

Baby-sit their grand-daughter more often and leave some of Makeena’s

lesser-used kit around. Including having Makeena present when their son

was coming over. Did NOT have to be totally forthcoming with info about

who Mom was nor why they were baby-sitting! Avoid having Sweetie

pick-up or leave-off when Hubby was likely to be present.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. I can tell because all adult characters were totally unlikeable but I read it to the end nevertheless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hard not see Kaine as an accomplished victim, which would make her as, some sort, of an enabler. Which means it should evolve into some kind of dysfunctional mess. Maybe the author is playing a word game with us. Kaine----Caine---get it? LOL

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I really loved this story and its happy ending. But, there is no way it could really happen.

Ripley is a manipulative bitch. SHE made a unilateral decision without consulting her partner. SHE LEFT. When he responds to her action, she continually claims that he ran away. SHE left!

He successfully avoids seeing or speaking to her, she calls him a coward. He has NO desire to interact with her.

She manipulates his parents with her pregnancy and child. She coaches McKenna, and uses the child to manipulate Kaine.

She admits to being a performer. Nothing can she says can be taken at face value.

She loves Kaine so very much, but she was only faithful until the divorce was final. (That would have to be discussed at length before anything.)

SHE decided to leave. SHE decided she wanted Kaine back. SHE doesn't give a damn what KAINE wants. It's all about what SHE wants.

With the money she allegedly has, it's doubtful she would looked for him anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Once again a great story. 5 full 🌟 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I like it more each time I read it, but it is still sad, in a lot of ways. And, with that kind of betrayal, reconciliation is not as easy as in the story. Trust has been destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I LOVED THIS STORY, IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES 5-TIMES AT LEAST.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Phenomenal....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm having the problem with Ripley that Kaine had. Who is to say she won't go rogue again, maybe not until they are empty nesters? I think there is a lot she hasn't told him. Probably so bad, he would never have taken her back. What do you think? Good job. Keep writing.

XYZ

RubiconXRubiconXover 1 year ago

One of the best stories I’ve ever read on Literotica. The fundamentals of writing and composition are excellent. The emotions are genuine and mature, the plot is realistic, and the dialog sounds the way real adults talk with one another. And it’s just a sweet story. Very well done!

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Third time I have read this and I still feel like she just got buyer's remorse after 3 years....no details of what SHE did all that time. The story is so well written and packed with beautiful descriptions of emotion that it is a bit hard to step back and look at the gaps in what she ISN'T telling him. Can't change my 5 star rating but it still makes me feel like he is being conned by a master........

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

After reading the first half of this story, you want to shout to Kaine: "Run, Kaine! Run, man. She is toxic." We feel that he was SO right to simply disappear himself without leaving a forwarding address. What was good and right for her when she took off, was not right for him? Maybe he should have moved to Australia or New-Zealand, instead of Alaska, and found himself a nice life partner over there. Kaine's parents say that he should grab Ripley while he can because she it not going to be on the market long. Maybe that would have been the best option: let her go to some jerk. But that would have killed the story, right?

She certainly stalked him for 3 years at his home, at work, etc. And she still did NOT understand that he did not want to have anything to do with her? Is she hard of hearing or something? He shouted his message of lack of interest loud enough and she still did not understand? Knowledge and understanding are certainly NOT her strong suits. Her gray matter is a VERY light shade of gray and not much of a burden to carry on her shoulders!!! Her best (and maybe her only) ASSet is her beauty.

Her sense of morals is also quite lax. First, she picks up her things and goes rogue; she evaporates with a lot of one sided thoughts about the way he is going to react to her decision while she lives and dreams of a single life some more while she "finds herself" (what crap!). Second, how can a mother use her daughter like she did to entice the man? She is setting up a trap. Watch out Kaine! Third, she gets him on her boat, setting him up for a golden jail. It might be golden but it is still a JAIL. We want to tell him to just start swimming towards the marina and leave her to herself.

The way she is acting, she has NO respect for him, preferring to do her own thing WITHOUT him (club, fund raiser) and without having to introduce him. He would just be too much of a distraction! He was so right to leave by himself without her. She will never understand how he could leave the queen bee there by herself without his adulation!

She says herself that she is a performer, a very good one judging by the boat she got as a bonus. She also says that this is NOT her inner self. She is saying in fact that there are two of her. Medicine has a name for this condition: schizzo.

Based on this and her actions in the 3 years of separation from Kaine, maybe it is far better that she does not tell him about her love life during that period if we consider the quality of her selection of John Conley as a boyfriend!!!

In the second half of the story, she redeems herself a little when she prevents Conley to hurt Kaine. But in spite of that, she will always be the same schizzo and she will always continue to use people. Kaine will spend quite a bit of time wondering and suffering. Maybe he should have thought harder with his big head, rather than the small one, before getting back with her. Does that mean that he will finally get what he really deserves?

4*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's not required that we like everything in the story. They both were wrong and right. They are both messed up. Well, who isn't? They sorta fit, and did right by the kid(s.)

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

I've read this story several times and truly love it, BUT I still struggle with the fact that his parents never told him about his daughter. When he got back in touch with them I can't believe that they never told him. It would have dramatically changed the storyline, but to me that was a huge betrayal of trust between him and his parents. I don't care how much he was hurt and angry with his ex-wife. That was his daughter that they kept from him.

timrivtimrivover 1 year ago

Well haters will hate but really one of the best stories on this site by one of the best authors. Keep going love reading your stuff. Wish I was half as talaented.

As for the protagonists in the story Kaine had to be the biggest moron going. Loved McKenna and the pooch, as for Ripley, she should have told him upfront either through his parents or a lawyer. He missed out on four years just not really fair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My second time reading this story. Been a long enough time that I didn't remember details. Still really liked it. Thanks for sharing

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

I've read a couple of yours, now, and liked them both a lot. And for the same reason. I'm a romantic at heart, and you do romance well. But a straight razor? It is just too out of charactor for anybody in the league local celebrety personage Ripley O'Keefe is supposed to be in, seems to me. That was a bit jarring. I gave this a 5 anyway, because as I said I'm a romantic at heart and you do romance well.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Such a reminder of my story relationship with Patti. She would suddenly disappear on me for 3 to 6 months "finding herself" until I found her and brought her home. When a woman moves out from her husband the guy's automatically figure it is to fuck someone else. So she was totally unaware that her husband thought that? Of course she knew. She just didn't care only thinking of herself. Being the selfish bitch she was. Coddled all her life because of her beauty she just figured the rules don't apply to her. That she could pull any kind of stunt she wanted and never have to worry about any consequences. I've known many women like that. Regardless Ripley might as well shot him with a 12 gauge using double O buck at close range, it would have hurt him less. Excellent writing, Thank You very much. I wish I could do at least half as good.

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

5* I have read this story several times and it is very engaging. I can't not give it 5*. The overall plot trajectory is gripping and the twists and the (slightly OTT) dramas keep it all alive and keep me, the returning reader, very involved.

It reminds me, though, that if couples would just communicate rather than jumping to conclusions then half the LW stories would remain unwritten - but then that just make it truer to real life . . .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5, even though the end was a but abrupt.

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

Damn, you're good! Syzyguy points out that many of the problems couple face are cause by incorrect assumptions and jumping to conclusions based on those assumptions. This creates a writers paradise.

Dumb people create interesting situation. You, as a writer handle those situation with flair and panache. I look forward to reading your stories. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Here is the issue with the story for a woman ino e with her wx ahe knows he is back in town why is ahw dating other man ans even said I did not let anyone touch me intimately until.the baby was born. That is not a woman in love. And if finding him.is so important she knew what state he was in she had the money she coils have found thru a PI. Sounds like the MC nailed it when he said she had buyers remorse. Because if she really truy loves hmi. She would have found him and not been out dating other me

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the most iconic stories on Literotica, no question. 1250 favorites? Jesus. Over 580,000 reads, 596 comments? No doubt about it. I guess being who you are, I shouldn't be surprised. This is the last story on your list and the last one I read. I'll be reading it again. Now I have to wait for new stories. Don't make all those readers wait too long. SWG

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a very disturbing story. Didn't get past 2nd page the first time I came across this. Now I tried to read skipping all the unnecessary details to figure out Ripley. She's a manipulative bitch, and I'm surprised with the writer siding with her BS. Only trying to convince she's done something but that's okay. And the MC has to just accept it when she tells that. WTH. The parents are also shit, distrustful. I just can't agree with the way the auther implied Ripley's leaving him was stupid alright, but all the manipulation she did during the scenes we were shown was completely alright.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow that was good

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

Great story made me cry and I am seventy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Clearly one of the best, and most prolific, writers on this site. A very well written, but truly awful story. The world view that holds husbands, male lovers, etc. should simply acceptwhatever nonsense is doled out is breath taking in its hubris.

nestorb30nestorb30over 1 year ago

I liked the story, but Kaine came around little too quickly, you don't move to Alaska to get away from someone and then have them back in your life after the first meeting in years. They both would have had to work harder to reconnect their relationship

1...456789
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories