You're Not a Serial Rapist Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, you can join us at the restaurant, like last time after we go to church... Or... you can go to church with us, and then out for something to eat."

I inwardly grinned. My mom was calling in her favor for giving us some 'alone time' the other morning.

Kathy and I looked at each other. Religion was something we hadn't discussed. I was pretty sure her parents weren't real religious. I had never heard them discuss anything, and Kathy had never brought it up.

"We can go to the later service, 10:30, if it helps. I was just thinking since you were thinking of being on the road by noonish..."

My mom, grinning, and continuing to watch the 'non-verbal' communication as Kathy and I looked at each other for a few moments.

"No. That's fine. Even if we were on the road by 2:00, that would be fine. It would put us down there around 7:00. We'd be part of the caravan on the interstate with all the cars from Chicago. Let's do 10:30," I saw my mom give a gentle smile.

It had started to snow. Large gentle snowflakes floating and settling on tree branches. It was beautiful.

We decided to go for another walk. Once out of sight, we embraced and our warm lips made love to each other as the snow softly fell around us.

We walked arm-in-arm. We had been constantly together now for the last four days, since finishing classes on Tuesday afternoon. It was another first for us. Perhaps a preview of the coming summer in our own apartment.

We talked about what to do that evening. Pizza was definitely going to happen. Then hit the Legion, and see what's going on there. Thing was, Kathy wouldn't know anybody. But, then, Kathy was always good with new people... The 'Kath affect'. We thought that if the Legion turned out to be a bust, we could meet up with my parents.

Like I said, religion was a subject that had never came up. Might be a good topic for discussion for the road trip Sunday afternoon.

..........................................

Our pizza ordered, Bonnie recognized us and gave me a knowing smile, I once again took in the vision of the love of my life. She looked beautiful.

Tonight, she wore a light blue pullover sweater with a modest scooped neckline that, again, was molded to her half apple sized breasts. Tight against her flat tight tummy. A small gold pendent rested just above the top of the soft fabric. Her smooth tan chest on display for my viewing pleasure. Her tan slacks, a bit tighter than the other pair outlined her firm little butt cheeks. Her gentle use of makeup had highlighted her eyes and thin honey blonde eyebrows... that matched... well you know.

We took our time eating. Our gazes at each other were literally, 'The Look of Love' A look of 'longing'. When we didn't have a piece of pizza in our hand, our hands were on each other's, fingers intertwining.

"You keep looking at me like that, and I may have to take you someplace very... very private, and do some very private things to me," her eyes spoke of mischief. I couldn't help but grin.

We weren't alone in the dining area. It was Saturday night and folks were out for some family time. There was a young family of four on the other side of the small dining area. The kids looked to be around five and three years old. They weren't being loud, or anything. They were just being kids. I saw Kathy look over at them and grin. The mom, who had been watching us, grinned back.

But that didn't stop me from feeding the juke box, as I found another perfect song... for us... as I played 'You're the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me' by Ray Price.

I pulled Kathy to the open area in front of the juke box, and once again, lost myself in her soft blue gray eyes.

Yo I've had my share of life's ups and downs

But fate's been kind, the downs have been few

I guess, you could say that I've been lucky

Well, I guess you could say that it's all because of you...

I pulled Kathy in closer, and held her lovely body tight. Her head on my shoulder. Her face buried in my neck, as the tears came. We didn't care who was in the room. We were in our own little world, as we slowly swayed.

...If anyone should ever write my life story

For whatever reason there might be

Ooh, you'll be there between each line of pain and glory

'Cause you're the best thing that ever happened to me

Ah, you're the best thing that ever happened to me

You're the Best thing that ever happened to me

Our lips meeting briefly, as I whispered, "You ARE the best thing that has ever happened to me," my voice cracking at the last words. Kathy pulled us closer together. Her arms locked behind my neck. I heard a soft sniffle. Pulling back with a smile and a kiss, she dried her eyes, and headed to the ladies room.

I looked over at the family. The mom had quieted the kids. She was watching us, with a soft knowing smile. She gave me a nod and wiped away a bit of a tear. I smiled back, appreciatively. I saw Bonnie again at the window to the kitchen, smiling.

Paying the bill, Bonnie said, "It's good to see you two again. It looks like I should count on you playing some romantic song every time I see you." her smile genuine as she ended, "It's good to see two people so in love. You've got quite a girl there. And she's a lucky lady."

I left her a good tip.

........................................

We got to the American Legion around 7:45. There were already about 20 people there, all our age. The band was in the process of setting up. It was a large dimly lit hall. Tables were placed along the walls, and in front of the bar at the back of the room. The dance floor was a large opened space. I would guess that, so far, only about a quarter of the tables were occupied.

We were making our way to the bar, when I heard a female voice call my name. I looked in the direction of the voice and saw a waving hand at a table with three couples. As we got closer, their faces came into view. They were the guys I had worked with at the grocery store my last two years of high school: Gordon, Jack, and Jay, and their girlfriends. Two of the guy's girlfriends I knew: Bev and CC.

Bev; I had a serious crush on during my sophomore year in high school. She flirted with me. Wanted me to ask her to an upcoming dance. I never got up the nerve to ask her out. Bev was cute, sexy, and vibrant. She had taken ballet in junior high, hence her lithe and toned body. Probably five foot four light brown hair. Petite. Small B cups that were hidden under her sweater that I remembered so well from high school. They were also the source of some of my hormone raged serious nighttime fantasies.

CC and I had dated a bit the spring of our junior year and I asked her to our junior prom. I was too shy to even kiss her. Up to that point in my life, I had only kissed one girl. One time. I was in eighth grade and it was at a Halloween party. Anyway, she dumped me two weeks later. CC looked like she had a perpetual tan. Coupled with her raven black hair, she looked exotic. Together with a pair of D cups that were straining against her blouse. Bev was with Gordon, and CC was with Jay.

I knew of Jack's girlfriend, Debbie, but nothing else as she was a year behind us.

Bev came from around the table and gave me a modest 'friends' hug. I introduced Kathy to the group as my girlfriend from college and she was here for the holiday staying with me and my parents.

I watched the guys, as Kathy took off her winter coat. Her firm little mounds coming into view. The dim lighting did nothing to hide their soft swells, rather the shadows of her breasts against the light colored material of her sweater made them even more alluring. I smiled. She smiled back as her hand reached around my waist.

The girls were dressed casually. Kathy was dressed exquisitely.

We all talked about where we were. Where we were going in a few months, what their future plans were. I was vague in our plans. Kathy listened intently as the talk drifted back to all those nights when, just us three plus another, would be in the store stocking shelves after the grocery store had closed, and everybody else had left.

We would start at 4:00 and go until 9:00. The store closed at 5:00 and everybody would go home. So, it was just us. We would come directly from school, so getting something to eat beforehand was tricky. No problem. We had a whole grocery store of food: packaged ham, tomatoes, buns, Swiss cheese, chips, Twinkies, hostess fruit pies, and soda pop.

The truck would come in early Wednesday mornings, and fill the room behind the store with the grocery order. The full timers would work on it during the day, we would come in and do most of the rest. We would always ask how far down the stack of cases of various grocery cases they thought we would get. We knew they always picked a spot farther than they thought we get to. We always made it.

We always made it because they would always estimate, based on the progress they would make during the day with just two guys, pulling a few cases out at a time. During the day they had to keep the aisles clear for shoppers. We didn't have that concern. There was a 6 foot by 8 foot mobile pallet that we would load up and wheel it out into the store. Flattened cardboard boxes everywhere. Even taking fifteen minute breaks to 'eat', we were always 'done' with our 'assignment' with about an hour to spare. We knew if we continued to work, they would expect the same. We would clean up, two would leave, and two would remain behind to punch everybody out. We would rotate each week. Times when I would get off early, I would visit my, then, girlfriend for some make out and groping time.

It was during one of these our eating breaks that I learned about the 'clit'... where it was and what to do with it. My girlfriend at the time, Cindy, was pretty innocent. She didn't even know anything about that 'spot'. Jack and Gordon's girlfriends did. On a date night following one of these 'guy talk' sessions, Cindy, was introduced to a whole new level of pleasure.

The band had started. Kathy and I danced a few fast dances. We sat close. My arm hugging her shoulder. Her hand resting comfortably on my thigh under the table. We hung out. Had a few rounds of drinks. The band was so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation. In the two hours we were there, they played one slow song. Around 10:00, we decided to leave.

In the car, Kathy asked about Bev and CC. Did I date them and all of that? I think she sensed that there might have been a 'past' with Bev. I told her there was no 'past'. I was too shy and insecure, during those days. I did date CC. She was surprised that I never even kissed her. That I went out with her because I really liked her... not to see what I could get. Which she thought wouldn't have been too difficult. She also added, with a grin, that she didn't think that CC was my type. That I would get lost in all that ample flesh. She smiled, squeezed my thigh, and kissed my cheek.

....................................

The doorman let us with no problem and we found my mom and dad sitting at the bar. We got big smiles when they saw us. My dad immediately ordered his favorite polka partner a wine cooler.

As if, by chance, a bar stool opened up next to my mom. Kathy took a seat. As I predicted... Kathy... my Kathy... turned heads as we walked through the crowed bar and sat. The lighting in the bar area was dim but not overly. The soft lighting brought out the gold in Kathy's blonde hair and her tanned complexion. She looked radiant. I was beaming, as only a proud boyfriend could.

Kathy was amazed at the transformation in the crowd from the previous night to now. Friday night fish fry was a 'family' night. Casual. Tonight, the crowd was older. Mature. Sophisticated. Looking around, we were probably one of the youngest couple there. The place was packed. I would have guessed around 250 from all walks of life: farmers, local factory workers, business men, professionals. Everybody blended in.

A lot of the men wore coats and ties. The women decked out in their jewelry... some real... some costume. Didn't matter, they were there for dancing and socializing.

The band was a five piece group that was popular throughout the Stateline; brass horns, drums, occasionally acoustic and electric guitars. A young female vocalist was front and center. The music varied from "Big Band" to waltzes to polkas to country, with an occasional 'pop rock' thrown in.

My dad was constantly making introductions as to who this adorable girl was. Most knew me. It was always the same, "This is Kathy. Our son's beautiful, and adorable, girlfriend from school. They'll both be graduating this year. We'll see what happens."

Kathy blushed through the first few introductions, then went with the flow and smiled as her personality took over and shined. I always rested my hands on her shoulders. Occasionally hers would meet mine, and she would look up and gave me that loving 'Kathy' smile.

A polka came up. My mom and I watched as my dad and Kathy disappeared on the dance floor. They returned at the end of the number, beaming. Stopping many times for introductions. I think they were having as much fun showing off their future daughter-in-law as I was showing off my girlfriend... future wife... soul mate... lover... and best friend.

There were waltzes. I was pretty good there. Not as good as my dad; but pretty good. Kathy and I would dance. My mom and dad would dance. Kathy and my dad would dance. And, of course, me and my mom.

The music slowed. As the vocalist began a Loretta Lynn song, "Love is the foundation" with a soft acoustic guitar in the background. I led Kathy to the dance floor.

I've seen him as he awakens in the morning

He reaches out his hand and without a word

As his fingers softly fall upon my face

He lights the flame of desire and makes me want him...

We danced off to the side. I held her. She held me. We again savored the closeness.

...And love is the foundation we lean on

All you need is love to ease your mind

And does it have to be right to be called love

When he gives me more loving

Then a lifetime of looking could ever find.

I didn't care where we were, or who was watching. I kissed her.

"Bill, outside of our first date, where we kissed for the first time. The first time we made love. I will never ever forget these last few days, or tonight. Thank you... my love."

............................

The four of us sat in the church pew about halfway. Kathy was amazed at the decor.

The church was built in the mid 40's. Two rows of thirty dark wood pews, each probably twenty feet long. High vaulted ceiling. Along each side, four stain glassed windows, each about four feet wide and fifteen feet tall. Each depicting a parable or a biblical scene. The altar area at the head of the church was raised and was surrounded in dark cherry wood. The communion rail, which wrapped around the altar area, had hand-carved grape clusters. A large stain glassed window that was probably six feet wide and twenty feet tall, with the scene from the Garden, rose above the altar. It was flanked by two other stain glassed windows. A large pulpit off to the left rose high above the congregation.

My dad and I had both been confirmed by the same pastor as was presiding over today's service.

The sermon that day was about love. One of the modern day versions goes something like this, "Love is patient, and love is kind. It is not jealous or boastful, it is not arrogant."

We listened attentively as the minister talked about love between two people and then the love of the church. My mind, once again, drifted to 'circumstances'. This day. This topic. Sitting next to the love of my life in a church, for the first time. Listening to the true meaning of love.

We left fulfilled. On the way out. My dad proudly introduced Kathy to the pastor. Even the pastor had a gleam in his eye, as he wished us the best and looked forward to seeing us again.

It was past 'breakfast time'. I was looking for something substantial... large burger and all the fixens from a small cozy diner.

We changed into our comfortable 'traveling' clothes. Kathy, her loose school sweatshirt and loose slacks. I secretly imagined, and hoped, that there was nothing under that sweatshirt. Maybe I'd have an opportunity to find out. Me... Sweater and jeans. Each slipped me a twenty. There was also surprise brown paper bag with frozen homegrown Black Angus beef steaks.

The farewells were hard. They had welcomed Kathy into the family on that Wednesday evening when we arrived with open arms. As the days passed, they bonded with their future daughter-in-law, and came to love her as much as I did. Well, maybe not exactly, but you get the point. The feeling was mutual. Kathy would later tell me that she never felt so much tenderness, closeness, and the genuine feeling of being accepted. She also noticed that my parents were both very proud of what I had accomplished, being the first to go off to college, and finishing. They wished her good luck on her finals. And a Merry Christmas. The next time they would see her would be at our graduation ceremony.

We were on the road around 2:00.