All Comments on 'Ziplining To Conclusions'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 130 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Your speciality, the short , funny story with a little twist at the end. Another one to enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Funny but cruel

I had a difficult time with your wording when Corey came upon the "lovers". "YOU BASTARD! You have two children at home. And with HER! So much for 'hall pass my ass.'!" SO I read those lines 5 or 6 times and it still wasn't clear on their meaning. You can call me "slow" (I am). You can call me "dumb". (I am). And you can call me next week with a better line. Calling him a name I understand. Having two children at home I understand. But "with her"? Now I'm lost. Is she telling us that his children aren't his? That they have another mother rather than Corey? Yep. Color me lost, dazed and confused. Not to worry. It wasn't the first time and it won't be the last. But I think the story would have been even better had you re-worded those lines. It was STILL a funny story. But as a wise man once said - "Watch your back Jack"! Corey is pissed and I would be watching for some serious payback!

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Touché

Nice touch. Liked the concept.

PeckingChickenPeckingChickenover 3 years ago
Kind of silly... BUT

The epilogue makes it worth it.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Haha, amusing. I'm still chuckling. Good one. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lawnmower

Well - you had me worried there - having to struggle on with the old lawnmower - but I think we all need more details on the new mower - push or sit on ? - plug in electric or petrol ? .. you can't leave us hanging !!

(I might - just a little bit - being tongue in cheek here ... )

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

Great twist (of the knife) - loved the tale, thanks for sharing.

And I agree, "hall passes" are for idiots and losers.

5/5

kieberskiebersover 3 years ago
Funny

Loved the epilogue...LOL

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenover 3 years ago
Cleverly crafted...

as usual. Would have loved a longer story but this hit the spot. Please keep them coming, M&M 😁

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

A good and funny read...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nip that shit right off at the nub. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Throughly enjoyable.

moreandmore rocking the LW's catagory again. Thanks for sharing, always a pleasure seeing you post stories. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Cute little story with a great flip-off epilogue.

Forto02Forto02over 3 years ago

I just loved this one.

It Fits into LW, but it could be in Humor.

Anyway, si a great story wherever you put it

5 stars

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago
Imagine a story about a hall pass!

Imagine 60 or 70 chapters of the same shit over and over. I want to thank you for saying it all on just one page, and saying it better.

WvrjjrWvrjjrover 3 years ago
4*, hard to develop a single page

Nice one, I like your work. This could have fleshed out a bit (for me), but the twist is good. No wives were “slaughtered”. That’s good.

Thank you for your stories

Wayne

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A fun story

Enjoyed It!

Rw43Rw43over 3 years ago
So your 'ziplining' was accurate, eh?

To Anonny "funny but cruel':

Yes, at Literotica we get so used to incorrect details that when an author deliberately leaves us a little in the dark, we get confused. Just remember that it's Moreandmore telling the story, and all will make sense soon. Hold onto that sense of confusion for a few moments, and allow future events to explain all.

I personally got confused when "Corey got a text from a blocked number". Are you sure it was Corey, not him? How does he know about this text on her phone...unless...oh, he sent it! (Or had it sent.)

So MandM makes you think, and rethink, the plot you just read. What an egotist. I have Moreandmore things to do than to spend the rest of my day chuckling over a brief story of a husband firing a shot across his wife's beautiful and treasured but undescribed bow.

BTW, hubby has a great relationship with the MiL, doesn't he?

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Another winner

Certainly for me, good fun little short. When the boots on the other foot it changes everyone's perspective. Well done and thanks.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

great flash story. not sure what people are going to say bad about this one. ;0)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Mutually Assured Destruction

Good one there!. Got a good laugh from the story. I think he's made his point sufficient to his wife that the slightest hint of infidelity will result in Mutually Assured Destruction of the relationship.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Question

So they're both still friends with Shelly after what she did?? Looks to me like Shelly is hardly a friend but more like someone trying to destroy their marriage.

HikingThruHikingThruover 3 years ago
Could've been six stars....

...but for the glaring omission in the epilogue about the star-crossed attraction for his mother-in-law. That, and it was over just as my appreciation for it was maxing out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Very nice for a shorter story. Nice twist, well written. 5 stars

gamblnluck

gordo12gordo12over 3 years ago

LOL, I assume it was for April fools. Good flash story. 5*

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

I thought this little rant was great till you said they had been married six years. When I looked up Bella Hadid and realized that today she is only 23, that would have made her 17 at the party. Pushing the legal age limit aren't we?

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Sp he is the asshole for making his wife TEMPORARILY believe he was having a date, but were all going to just forgive her for actually DOING it?

Wolfden999Wolfden999over 3 years ago
Love it

Cute, short, easy to read and fun. These are the best type stories here. Excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I agree....

Need more info on the lawnmower......:-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great work

He did not misbehave. But she was on her way to doing so. His deception was ONLY in response to her behavior. Had she told him about the lookalike, she would be credibly innocent. Why did she hide it?

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

That Epilogue closed all the dangling bits...Thanks. Made me smile today. Thanks for that too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Playing with fire

Although you did find a creative way to pay a compliment

tvlg71343tvlg71343over 3 years ago

Is there a PayPal Money Pool for the lawnmower? Would send a buck or two

Got me laughing, thx

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 3 years ago

Clearly a contender for Best Story at AFD 2021. Should have held it back but thanks for the laugh.

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Love the tongue in cheek humor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

5 for the epilogue!

Fun shorty

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was FUN!

A nice little tale that made me chuckle.

Not sure what the Anon commenter below with the 4 points was all steamed up about.

You’d think the tool had PAID for the story or something 😎

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story...

...i must be out of the loop too. I don't know any of those celebrities either. But if I were going to play, I would say country music singer, sara evans. Lol. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

Had a real chuckle reading it. As one of the commentators said, don't let the dummies get to you. This site is not a college English Class..

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Seriously good stunt!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very clever plot

and well executed. But, stop being so sensitive about criticism.

This is an easy 5

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 3 years ago
Cant't Understand

Why this shorty isn't 5's all over.

That was fabulous!

And thank you for clearing up the mystery of the lawn mower slush fund!

Keep 'em coming!

firedog451firedog451over 3 years ago
Great read

Great read. Really enjoyed this short story. Wish there were more like this. If the critics want more character development, they should scan to the end to find those 10 to 15 page stories that may have more development. It's interesting that most of the critics are either anons or members that have never submitted any stories!

They should remember that these are works of fiction, and that reality is in the mind of the author. Instead of complaining, I just skip authors that fall short.

Don't let the bastards get you down!!!

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1over 3 years ago
The lawnmower epilogue saved it.

LMFHO

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Great short story. Also, a very good idea to derail possible cheating. This "Hall Pass" idea is garbage - either you're committed to a marriage or your not. I'm glad the message was understood in this story.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

5* for a very witty short story. The husband is a real man who ended a potential hall pass problem before it could get started. Write On!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Clever

Original and funny

JetskibumJetskibumover 3 years ago
Laurel

Who the hell is Laurel? Maybe I am out of touch too. Can’t find a celebrity by that name.

Seriously wanting to know...for a friend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful Short Story

Great read, give it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best epilogue ever.

Tremendous!

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

Bravo, a very profound story told in a funny way. Nice to be able to read one of the better stories. Thank you!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 3 years ago

That epilogue truly put this one over the top.

A well deserved 5🌟.

terraknorterraknorover 3 years ago

Hilarious! 5* for humor alone.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago

I liked it, very much. Great story. Thanks for posting.

FD45FD45over 3 years ago

Shelly may be her friend, but she isn’t his friend.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Nice.

A bit different and nothing wrong with that.

There's nothing wrong with infatuation.

But when dishonesty adds to it,

you get problems.

This flash story deals well with that.

In a comic and "lesson learnt" way.

Well done moreandmore.

Top ratings from me.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

Elaborate ruse and not sure why he went to the bother. Still, some people have odd fantasies.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Needs more fleshing out. Did she cheat with the Hall Pass guy?

GladstonGlieseGladstonGlieseover 3 years ago
Pretty entertaining

But it could of used at least a tiny explanation of who Laurel is. It's a celebrity game and yet every indication is that she is someone local. A tad confusing. She's just name dropped like she's someone the readers should know about but we do not.

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
Shelly deserves a day of reckoning

FD45 is correct. Shelly is bad news. Brian should meet with her and Tom to demand an explanation of and apology for the meet my coworker lunch. Tom should realize Shelly doesn't respect her marriage to him any more than she respects the engagement of Corey and Brian. Brian should call off the wedding unless Corey agrees to limit contact with Shelly.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Good story. 5*****

And I do like a happy ending. So, in this case, she really was never going to cheat? She just wanted to satisfy her fascination that the guy looked like her dream? I can buy that.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3over 3 years ago
5*

Just for the epilogue.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
I've now completed the set...

And I must say you are absolutely one of my favorite authors. This example includes all of my favorite story attributes: Short - 2 page or less ; Strong male M.C. ; deception to the reader ; and a twist ending. Superb!

My only compliant - Now that I've read all of M&M's works, I have to be patient until another story is offered. I don't like being patient.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Nope, the whore set out with the intention to cheat

Fuck her and her betrayal

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Afraid

Afraid ,I wouldn't have let her off that lightly,there as to be more punishment.

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
I probably missed something.

Who is "Laurel?"

Pranks that are a _little_ cruel add a poignancy to the result that ensures that the "lesson" was learned.

EPDSREPDSRover 3 years ago

Loved the story although I also believe Corey was let off to easily. I hope you continue to write you do it verywell. People need to relax and just enjoy the story, not analyze it.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Enjoy stories were husbands discover a potential problem in their marriage and are proactive to correct it.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

5 for you on this story.

A proactive response is sooooo much better than reactive.

Nip it in the bud, before it blossoms into a tragedy.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Loved this and enjoy your style. Just reached the end of your LW stories. On my way to read the rest of your stories, Looking forward to it!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Relish the haters. Their negative energy just stimulates blood flow to the brain

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If she's going to cheat, she's going to cheat. Unless he had more money than Bezos and could have her watched 24/7/365 she finds a way to fulfill her fantasy. Shoulda let her burn herself to the ground and then divorced her cheating ass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Clever and funny. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The "if she's going to cheat..." comment saying "Shoulda let her burn herself to the ground and then divorced her cheating ass" doesn't take into account the young children. The MC is better off doing it this way. Hopefully the lesson was learned. As usual, good job, M&M.

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 3 years ago

This is gold, waiting for someone to cheat and then do something about it is about as useless as believing any politician's lies. You want to head that off at the pass as soon as possible. Well done.

5/5

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Good story, but Megan and Harry for a hall pass? I’d almost rather do Kamala Harris and Porkchop Abraham than those two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Who is jamie dornan?

msethjmsethjalmost 3 years ago

Whew, glad you closed the loop vis a vis the lawnmower.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Any system needs to be audited under realistic conditions in order to find system degradation, residual risk or latent conditions that could cause a system failure. Marriage is like every other system. Great story, and a swell idea!

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

my wife offered me a hall pass, said I could bang Melania, after i finished puking she correctly assumed I'd rather cut my dick off than touch that malignant growth with a dumb outhouse owning Trumpanzees tiny dick, which never gets used anyway as they generally are sexless cucks.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I read it again and I continue to enjoy it. Wives sometimes seem too willing to engage in games where they know the truth, but play anyway. Husbands tend to take it on the chin from time to time as a result. I can't imagine a better way of teaching a lesson than this. It was delightful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Iamweasel doesn't even know how to spell his own name.

When he writes "my wife" he means his TS boyfriend, lol.

Stfu, loser. You're only good for a laugh.

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

You forgot to mention the obvious though. She outright LIED to her husband about the purpose of the lunch. Had he not been tipped off about it, who knows what would have happened. They WERE introduced to each other and, I say again, she LIED. Her "punishment" was not even close to what she deserved! And Shelly gets off scot free??? Your story but my critique; had to deduct 1 star from the usual 5.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

4 - cute story.

But it certainly highlighted a stupid set of circumstances that can

come back and bite you on the ass, when you least expect it.

WHY tempt fate? OR add this stupid idea to the DARWIN awards

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There was no marriage-respecting, husband-cherishing rationale for the lunch with Mr. Celebrity Lookalike. A cell phone pic would have sufficed if he had to brought up at all by the needs-to-be-unfriended Shelly.

Corey definitely still has some 'splainin to do. Her heels are looking rounder and rounder.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Think

I think he let her off too lightly,whilst she might not have done anything,she did meet her celebrity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If you have to do all that to keep your spouse faithful. I'm not sure that's someone I'd want to be married to🤔🤔.. how does he know his little game was enough to get the "hall pass" idea out of her head? I mean the talk in the car with the threat of canceling the wedding wasn't enough. Cause she was still thinking about it 5 yrs later AFTER the wedding. She knew his feelings on the matter T

than. So I'm suppose to believe after 5yrs of her thinking about it, to the point that she was willing to meet her "hall pass" doppelganger to fulfill her fantasy, she suddenly got it? 😂😂😂😂 yeah ok.... if you're dating/engaged to someone that thinks a "hall pass" is OK. I suggest you run and run fast. Cut off that relationship ASAP and thank God you didn't make the biggest mistake of your life marrying this person. There's no such thing as "Hall passes" " Sabbaticals or any of that nonsense in a marriage. Nobody would marry someone who thinks it's OK to take a break from their marriage. Divorce is expensive! there's a lot more involved than just walking away.. especially if you have kids with this person. Cause now you're trap. You leave you're going to be paying alimony, child support,, house payment, etc. So, yeah, I would definitely run if my potential spouse even thought sleeping with someone else is OK at any point of the marriage.. if you go ahead and marry the person anyway, you can't be mad🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️.. The person told you who they were.. who's fault it was you didn't believe them?.. be mad at your damn self.. I would've gave this wife enough rope to hang herself. You can't save her everytime her pussy starts twitching for someone else. The only way to know she won't let her pussy do her thinking for her, was by seeing how far she was willing to go with the look alike?.. I think if he hadn't pulled his little trick. She would've been down at the motel 6 getting her back blown out by Mr look alike the next day...

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

LOL, that was damn good! Just maybe he scared her enough to be faithful from that point on. Wouldn't be much of a marriage if he had to keep tabs on her. 5 BIG TWINKLING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 points!

I rarely find such quality and enjoyment as this tale offers.

Great!

AethurAethurabout 2 years ago

5* just for the epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked it, lmao!

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 years ago

5 stars. Nothing quite as great as a new lawnmower. Oh and the story was okay.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'd ask that guy to tell me when the lunch was going to happen and if I could I would show up. If not, have that guy take a pic or something so I could challenge her while it happened.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 Stars as I love My New Lawnmower . I can cut the grass in half the time so I can work on My 69 Boss 302 or watch TV . No My Boss will not be the fastest car around but it is 1 sweet ride .

DreddrasDreddrasalmost 2 years ago

Particularly enjoyed the epilogue, it really tied up all the loose ends perfectly.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

What if she just packed up and left after his 'joke'?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...

SIMILAR Stories