All Comments on 'My Only Talent Ch. 32'

by conanthe

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Glad your back!

Another in the continuing saga of my favorite freshman! Please keep them coming.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusabout 8 years ago

It's starting to get confusing....you are switching to other perspectives and it getting hard to follow

retread2retread2about 8 years ago
Thank you for the new installment!

Yea!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
It did switch, rather suddenly,

from Veronica to Robbie's perspectives. The shifts in perspective, even during the same scene, should have some sort of text break: _________ or ********* for example.

Switching perspectives and just saying I did this or I saw that, causes temporary confusion until the identifiers come up.

For my personal preference, I would like any shift in perspective to be announced with an italicized or bracketed name tag, such as ( John Smith ) at the start of the paragraph that begins their PointOfView.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
More

I hope to see the Dwight story line cross the Robbie story line once again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I'm Out

Make up you mind on the "Airtight Suzy" theme and get to some third act conflicts to wrap this story up. You'll reach 125 chapters before graduation and not even UT in your wildest fever dreams is cool for this long.

Maybe Robbie has an aneurysm during the demonic fourway and a cautionary funeral scene brings this saga to a close.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Enjoying

Still looking forward to more, but you are bouncing around a bit too much. Try to stick with robbie in a clear line

Baudelaire50Baudelaire50about 8 years ago
Response to "I'm Out " and Comment on the Confusion

In response to the Anonymous who got impatient and said "I'm Out," all I can say is I'll keep reading this as long as conanthe keeps writing as well as he does. Yes, there are chapters I don't like and incidents, and even characters, I don't care for. There are also characters who have seemed to completely switch personality (I'm thinking of the nursing student turned obsessive stalker turned druggie) and linguistic tics that show up a bit too often. I still find the writing original, character driven, and erotic, and considering how long the series has been going, the fact that conanthe keeps coming up with new and different scenarios is pretty admirable.

In response to the confusion: I had to reread Chapter 31, and I wonder if your pages didn't get (electronically) switched around. We had Candy's training, and then the beginning of the "prank." Chapter 31 ends and we're back in Candy's training and then suddenly back in the "prank" party. They couldn't be happening simultaneously, because all of the characters in the "training" session are also at the party. Perhaps the readers aren't as confused as the word processor?

wht1fethrwht1fethrabout 8 years ago
Amazing,

This story has held my attention, I keep checking to see if another chapter has been added. Keep up the excellent work you do, keep your own pace and the work will speak for itself. I only hope i can keep reading this one for another 32 chapters or as long as you keep the story going, thank you so very much for the amazing entertainment. I love a story that captivates my mind and plays out the story like a movie in my head, that makes me guess what next and think about it until the end. This is one of the best stories I have had the pleasure of reading here thank again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Still very good, but not as good as it used to be.

I started reading this chapter, and then I simply stopped before the end of the first page. I just couldn't keep up with the story, in part due to infrequent updates. I don't criticize you for that, I know you have your personal life, but I'm simply stating the facts: the infrequent updates make it hard for anyone to follow the plot. Nobody is good enough to remember what happened in a chapter that came over five months ago. Having to re-read the previous chapter in order to remember what happened so that one can connect the dots is simply a major drag, and its not something to be taken lightly.

Your practice of switching points of view is also something that prevents me from enjoying the chapters more and more. You began writing this from a first-person narrative, and it was very cool. Once you started adding other people's point of view - somewhere around the time Dwight first appeared, I believe - it started to become weird. It wouldn't have been so much of a problem if you kept it at that, but you made ever more switches between ever more characters, and it started going haywire as far as I'm concerned. Besides, putting these other characters onto the center stage shifts focus away from the main character, who should be the central figure because of his talent.

I mean, what's the point of Dwight, anyway? Or Veronica Tappert? Dwight appeared, saved Robbie's and Lara's life once while remaining incognito, and suddenly there's an arc devoted to him throughout multiple chapters. Why? Why should I care about him? I mean, there is no hint at all as to what's his purpose in this story. If you had really wanted to write about Dwight, why didn't you make a spin-off series that focuses on him, and then have him reappear at a crucial point in "My Only Talent"? That'd be ten times better than interrupting one arc and first-person POV by suddenly switching to a third-person point of view and making everything this convoluted.

And when it comes to other important characters, such as Lara and Suzanne, why wouldn't you dedicate one chapter exclusively to either Lara's or Suzanne's point of viewm without switching to anything else, even Robbie? That way you allow reader to have an insight into that girl's thoughts, while preventing him becoming lost in the frequent switches.

I don't know what kind of ultimate plot you have had envisioned, but I sense that the quality of the chapters you write has began to slowly drop. Sex scenes are still good as ever, but you cannot build a series this big solely around sex scenes. Think about what would be needed to improve.

NutRanchNutRanchabout 8 years ago
Glad you are back, but...

Conathe, you have some serious skills and imagination but... (armchair writer time) you were bouncing around a little too much between the plot lines. Left a chopped feeling in the flow of your story. Glad that you closed out the fund raiser scene from the previous chapter, some nice writing there, but the technical writing was overshadowing the rest of story. I didn't get the feel of a coherent theme except for Robby not being overly happy.

Still, I enjoyed it and am glad you are continuing to write and post here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
glad you're finally back

hey, I'm just glad you're back. Yay. Keep up the good work. Look forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hmmm

I detest stories that are left unfinished - but in this case I'll make an exception. My suggestion is to abandon it.

This was great early on, really fun and a good read, but ever since you jumped the shark it's been very poor. I'm not going to diagnose the problem - it's pretty clear from the other comments - the story is beyond repair.

It's such a shame too because I used to relish each new chapter.

Good writing ruined by an over ambitious project.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Keep going!

Loving this story. Always looking for new chapters, keep going as we are all keen for more!

jslashjslashabout 8 years ago
anticipation...

Conanthe, Thank you for another chapter. I'm glad to know that your not dead or anything. With the long wait between posts I was starting to mourn. Thanks for an interesting story and I will keep looking forward to more posts. Also if you need a proof reader let me know and I'll try to help. For example, in this story you mistakenly mentioned Nora's name in place of Lara's while in the pole barn. Have a great day!

lickingfiendlickingfiendabout 8 years ago
Saga!!

Oh Boy. Have you given yourself a problem. It reminds me of the king who was pushing the rock up the hill. Thirtytwo chapters and 1010 A4 pages and no end in sight. The story is really great and the writing very readable. You have also managed to avoid repetition although I think that after Lara and Millie the "trainee"

aspect is done. I particularly liked the Addictive Party idea.

The diificult part of writing a story is idenifying the end or objective before you write anything dow.n. The story needs to lead the reader to some ultimate goal but while the reader does not know what that is the writer should know. As far as I can see you have got another three years of Robbie's education to go through before the end is in sight!! I do hope you keep doing it as then it will rival War & Peace or Lord of the Rings.

BlackkingBlackkingalmost 8 years ago
Wow

I love your story and I hope you write many more Chapters of the Fiction.

Mfg Black

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Tremendous tale!

Thanks for sharing your time and talent, it's been a fantastic journey thus far and I'm really glad that I've found it!

Reading this has created within me a strange dichotomy of satisfaction and disappointment: There's so much to enjoy, to conider and explore... and yet I find myself ravenous for more.

Jason

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 8 years ago
A bit jarring but still compelling.

I'm not sure I like the time skipping in chapters on individual events... still some hot stuff, just not sure why it is broken up that way. I have to assume that there will be significantly more time dedicated to Nora in the coming chapter(s?).

Might I suggest revisiting the descriptions of some of your primary characters? Hair, eyes, complexion, rough body height/size/shape.

It has been a Long Time since they have been introduced, and the details have faded to "tall blonde", etc...

Perhaps a bit of 'outside perspective' evaluating them?

Loving the story, and I'm very much enjoying the various threads as you weave them, and looking forward to some cross-overs as the time is right.

Jason

HectorsHouseHectorsHousealmost 8 years ago
Brilliant

Really enjoying this story, eagerly awaiting the next installment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Outstanding Story!

There are very few (very few) erotic stories that I consider good enough to come back to time after time! This is one such story! The story keeps changing and adapting to keep the reader interested. And considering that in 32 chapters 'Robbie' is still just a sophomore...

Keep it up, PLEASE! I defiantly will check back in a month or two for the next installment in the ongoing story of 'My Only Talent' !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
MORE

We want to know what happens next we need more chapters, however many it takes to finish this

BlackkingBlackkingover 7 years ago
Yeah nice Chapter

I love your Work, and I hope that you resume this wonderful Story.

Mfg Black

Tor_Cha_1Tor_Cha_1over 7 years ago
More???

this is the third time that i have read your Story's in the Last few Years(5). Each time You get Better and Better, and there are More of them. Please Keep Writing and Posting them

CeltiCeltiover 7 years ago
I wish I had a time machine.

If I had known this story wasn't finished, I wouldn't have started it — but I didn't discover that until I was far too engrossed by it to ever consider stopping!

This is a fantastic piece of erotic fantasy fiction, well and far up there with some of the other amazing epics this site has available, such as Danica/The Sisters of the Mists, and I thoroughly look forward to future chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Find a great artist!

I have reread all 32 chapters several times (and given each 5 stars) and the only thing I can suggest is that this become a movie or a graphic novel (comic book ). That way your descriptions of the characters will be more cemented in our brains. Now I add my please come out with the next chapter, Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please continue..

Your story is the best I've read so far. It has perfect combination of erotic and sci-fi and you have done a hell of a job but please finish it. I hope life is treating you well and you will be able write a new chapter soon.

CBellsCBellsover 7 years ago
A fantastic series...please continue it!

Your writing is engaging, your vocabulary sublime - it has me reaching for dictionary lookups and finding new words that precisely fit the context, and your words paint a delightful, erotic picture of each and every scene. Please continue this series...I cannot see it ending for at least another two-three years of college, and even well beyond then!

Thank you for sharing the gift of your writing, your knowledge and imagination. I wish you all the best

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
20+ chapters

First off let me say that I love this series.

*****spoilers to follow*******

2 problems I have is the nora story. 20+ chapters of build up. Yet more time and effort was spent describing the upgrades on his car then what took place between them. you have woven this story through many multi-page stories. That the moment some readers have been waiting to read about seem to happen so fast without much of the previously used wonderful descriptive style previously used through the rest of the story. Don't get me wrong what you wrote was nice but after reading the entire story in a few days i was stuck looking at my screen like what...that's it....I just figured that when/if they ever did get together, that more time would have been spent on the overall experience between the two. was a massive disappointment.

I'm not sure if it was an error on the sites part but the flow of the story made little sense. here then back there then here again back there.....sorta confussing.

Keep them coming, i look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nora

Sorry, but I have to agree with the previous poster. Nora confessed her attraction to Robbie in Chapter 5, and the big buildup over 27 chapters and 4 YEARS of waiting ended in one paragraph: "We melted together like quicksilver...(mathematical double entendres)...couldn't have taken more than ten...thrusts...". You might have well have just written that she was a wonderful young lady and you were proud to call her your friend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ignore the haters

My favourite part of the stories is the way you have built the relationships.

Have no idea about a number of issues are going to turn out and loop back in

1. Dwight

2. Adnan

3. Melanie (probably gone forever from stories)

4. Peggy (looking forward to a 3some with Nora)

5. Elizabeth

6. Addicted to parties

7. F1

Would love it if you could update your biography with

I. What prompted story

Ii. Thoughts on its future development

Iii. Expected timing of next Chapter

Iv. Patreon address

V. Whether you see it as having another 3 chapters or 25 chapters or 40 chapters (to catch up to Tefler, my other favourite writer on this site)

Just you have put a lot of time into it so have we in reading and greatly enjoying it. Please do not leave us in the lurch.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorabout 7 years ago
win some and lose some

At first I intended to start off with this chapter as I began catching up, but then I went back to re-read the end of 31 as I just didn't remember where this story left off but the swing scene didn't seem right. I was both happy to see my memory is ok... and frustrated that I was right.

How is it that we left off at the rodeo/prank - then resumed in the swing sex scene and... then (skipped time?) back to the prank? The sex in the swing was hot and all, but I couldn't get into it with the mental gymnastics distracting me from those of a sexual variety.

For it's part, the prank was built to a crescendo that was only matched by the angst and then (hopefully) resigned acceptance that Robbie will either fulfill Suzanne's desired multi-dicking or she'll do it without him. Trying to place myself in his position I simply have no idea which would be the better option!

The assault was a shocking interruption that nevertheless fueled their first time... and like a final fourth of July firework that fizzles in a flash of light, their encounter was anti-climactic to the extreme after dozens of chapters over years of buildup. On one hand I get that almost anything you could devise would disappoint some of your fans...

On the other, giving us a Really Well Described joining - that image of her joining him in the little tub was really inspired and adds to the mystery of the Signal's potential - just whet my appetite for, well, nothing really.

Compare this: I dunno why Dwight is a thing still, I'm assuming it leads somewhere when Robby gets captured by the government or something like that but... *shrugs* it's hard to read about him and not feel like those are all words that could have been used describing Robbie and Nora's time together - THREE DAYS and they got a footnote. A few bland lines that you might as well have had him break the fourth wall, look out at the readers and say: "Nora is a wonderful young lady and I am proud to call her my friend."

yippie fuck.

I truly enjoy your writing, your technical and encyclopedic style and, of course, I'm really hoping to see where Robbie goes next. Perhaps tighten up the 'extras' and recognize that your fans are rooting for the BIG Events... and Dwight the Spy is not even discernible on the same spectrum that we all were watching - and saw almost nothing to record - on the Nora Wavelength.

J

BruceWoBruceWoover 6 years ago
A great story, probably best chapter so far

If only Conanthe wrote more regularly. I love his work.

notsooldpervertnotsooldpervertover 6 years ago
Finally Nora! Shit, i blinked and missed it!

Definitely anticlimactic after such a buildup.

After the fight scene, I gotta say, I'm glad Günter isn't dead.

Still don't understand why Dwight is still in the story. Just don't get it.

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

God damn it, we finally get to Nora, finally find out how they can connect and then bang it's over. Man you need to concentrate more on that kind of stuff than the stuff with Suzanne who is clearly not right for him. Lara and Nora all the way and possibly a couple of English twins that need to be claimed to they have the right kind of babies.

Lobosolo51Lobosolo5110 months ago

I am re-reading your story. Enjoying it as much this second time through.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous