All Comments on 'She was Right'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 242 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another great story!!!

Another great story by one of my favorite authors. As always he invests a great deal of thought and ingenuity into the story line and plot. He completes the story, ties up any loose ends and leaves you feeling good for having taking the journey with him

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Yeah - this fit the LW/BTB (though you more like slow-cooked her) template...

...and it was an excellent read.

There were some unexpected typos that I don't recall seeing in your past works, but they didn't detract from the quality of the story much. Did you lose an editor or something? need any help there?

5* (as if there was any doubt) - easily.

imatrojanmanimatrojanmanover 7 years ago
Quote

To quote the movie Crocodile Dundee, "Good one, Skippy!" Enough said, it's a 5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fun ride but (there's always a but, right?)

Lots of fun. Thanks for the ride. You plot, write, and give voice to characters so well. But (Yes, never start a sentence with "But." Thank you mom) what about the protagonist who doesn't have money, who isn't a brilliant strategic planner, who isn't assertive, who doesn't have rich, electronically well-heeled friends, and who doesn't have a bevy of willing women just waiting to jump his bones? Yes, long punch list but how about trying on for size an average guy who wants to keep his children and his sense of self? Would love to see you do it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good to have you back!

I enjoy your work very much.

In the Boston to Birmingham series, you wrote about a follow-up to the adopted young lady. I hope that is still in the offering.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
IN NO WAY SHOULD SHE EVER BE CONSIDERED RIGHT

,wrong., maybe, stupid....definitely.....TK U MLJ LV NV

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Great day in Litereotica Land !

Wowie ! Loved it.

On one somber note though , its a shame that certain Asshats in LW land have chased my # 2 author out of the category where this truly belongs ! Hopefully they will not bother your story in this hub with their tired old clichés .

Well , I honestly thought that I'd never say this , as it used to be a pet peeve of mine when others did it , but , you seriously need someone to at least beta read for you , only to point out the typos. ( I've been hanging around Sbrooks103x too long ! lol. That correct grammar bug has rubbed off on me ! Help !!! lol). Take Grandpam's offer ! Heck , I'll even give it a shot ( It would actually be a very great honor ).

But all technicalities aside , you are THE best pure storyteller this site has ever hosted.

Your stories are the on the same plain as Morgan Freemans voice ( think Shawshank Redemption ) in that it just flows so effortlessly , and your written words just transport me to a wonderful place where justice prevails . I know I can come off with some asinine comparisons , but its how my simple mind works.

Well I've rambled enough , but I sincerely thank you for sharing with us.

5 *'s

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
Great 5* read

Very descriptive, good characterisation.

Pity that good writers like yourself are having to act as refugees from LW section.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story!

Another great story by the author. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5*

Honestly, don't have much to say, just that I loved the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
An old one?

This seems like an old story. Enjoyed it.

C_frommnC_frommnover 7 years ago
5*'s

I Liked the way he handled the whole thing. Nothing Rash or endangering the Slut or his Daughters. In the end she was the Loser.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It does not matter

Where you post, you are 1 of the best authors on this site. I'll read anything you write. It's a shame that some authors have left here to post on other sites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very enjoyable read.

As always, this author rocks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Stuff

As usual from you Good Stuff. One of my favorite writers.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

“he's going to cut off the money” – What does lover boy care about the money? Surely she isn’t funding their playtime?

How did she check the accounts if the computer was locked? Or did she call the banks?

“Be careful, now that you're about to be single, she's thinking all sorts of things." – Why wait for him to be single? He’s already stated that since she’s sleeping with other men that he retains the right to sleep with other women.

Just because he’s the only one paying for it doesn’t preclude her name from being on the house. Though, even if her name WAS on the house couldn’t stop him from having work done on it.

“We parted, knowing our relationship was forever changed” – I don’t really see it that way. He could have blind-sided him and have everything blow up in his face, instead he’s giving him a heads-up and is working him.

"You're really angry, aren't you?" – Well, duh! If the roles were reversed you’d already have his balls in a jar!

“He's got young children” – She should have thought of his “young children” before she started fucking him!

I loved the exchanges about the “carpets!”

“I sent them home with their mother” – I’m a little confused; isn’t the man cave in the main house? They trooped out to the “building,” I assume the “building” was the main house.

I knew the volunteering would lead to no good, there’s usually some wealthy horn dog looking for fresh pussy!

Why put money aside now? He’s already supporting the family, any other support payments won’t kick in until after the divorce.

“But you're wrong, Dad. She betrayed us just as much as she did you, and cheated us out a normal family.” – Great response! I’m so sick of these cheated on husbands who try to push the kids back to their mother.

“Charlie never offered to come.” – Shows how much she cares about the kids.

"I could marry the bank." – What does this mean?

I agree with Crkcppr re: grammar, what's weird is the first half seemed pretty good, it was the last few pages that I started noticing a lot of errors.

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years ago
Found you

And glad I did

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks

Well written and plotted. Different 'payback' than BTB stories. An odd choice of category, I guess most people recognise your name and will read your stories despite this (sic)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@ Britease.

What he said !

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks, Again

Thanks for your time and quality work. I do wonder where other writers who do not use this site publish as Sol does not have many new stories.

AhazuraAhazuraover 7 years ago
loved it!

I am a fan. To misquote an overused idiom - you could write the phone book and I would read it. There were a few typos but nothing that detracted from the story in any way. At least for me. Please keep sharing your work!! and thank you

mike2710mike2710over 7 years ago
Thanks

Enjoyed the story .Thanks for the entertainment.

I'll follow you from LW to Romance ,Nonerotic , where ever you post.

Thanks again.

Mike from Texas

VanadornVanadornover 7 years ago

Fantastic and enjoyed it.

-V

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Great read !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it

As a rule of thumb, after reading the first few paragraphs I skip any story over 3 pages. In the years I've been reading Literotica, this is the 3rd or possibly 4th longer story I've read to the end.

The author clearly knows that there's a difference between "story that involves sex", and "minimal framework tying the sex scenes together".

nitrotroutnitrotroutover 7 years ago
Good read.

Enjoyed the story. Never get tired of good people getting on with life and enjoying what it has to offer. Your stories are always well thought out and make for enjoyable reading and yes Karma can be a bitch. Keep writing.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
Loved it . . .

. . . and loved it some more. Great story, well told. Don't mean to give you a swelled head, but I think that you are one of the best on the site, and you are truly one of my favorites. Thank you for your fine efforts. Take the rest of the day off.

burningloveburningloveover 7 years ago
All of Your Stories Rock!

I read most of your stories - regardless of length - and get pleasure from reading them. I won't read the following categories: Transsexuals & Crossdressers, BDSM, Group Sex, and NonConsent/Reluctance. I'm just not interested in those topics.

Keep on writing - Rock On !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I'm 70 years old - was 9 when Rock began)

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 7 years ago
As good as ever!

Thank you for another wonderful well told story.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Nice Smooth Sailing

The idea of spending the time that they did with nine girls would scare me. Shanna came across as a truly spectacular young lady. Charlie was very disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
sorry about this q

great story as usual. thank you for your time and effort. I see sbrooks has shot his mouth off as usual and I am using your comment section to tee off on him. that is what my apology to you is for. I have read sbrooks' comments, thoughts and re-reading items after this story, q's last story, various other stories and after every chapter of DQS1's WWWM. After reading those diatribes I determined that he has both FI tattooed on his forehead and a case of diarrhea of the mouth. sbrooks is a pathetic loser who is jealous of the scores and stories by the best authors on this site. in the immortal words of mike and mike in the morning, sbrooks, just shut up. again, my sincere apologies q and please keep up the great work.

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
And Yet Anothet One!

You did it again. Another real good story. I thought he made a big mistake when he took her back. She was simply a cheater and she proved it again and again. This story just proves that 'a cheater is a cheater is a cheater'. Thanks for another enjoyable tale.

InsigniaInsigniaover 7 years ago
She Caught the Katy...

But She was most certainly not right. Great story that was an almost effortless read. I thought you did a pretty nice job of including the daughters. Most authors just assume we know how important the kids are you made them essential.

The only fault I have is that his planning and tactics are impeccable. The only false start is his lapse of judgement preceding her second indiscretion. There is no second guessing. There is now way I could not look around until I found those cameras. He litterally bypasses human nature on a matter that had no vows attached.

Finally, tiny details like supervision with boys, cooking and swimming are things that not only most authors would omit but most readers would not concern themselves with either. You are obviously a parent or play one on TV. Sincerely, it is ridiculous how some couples and individuals go about the bussiness of parenting. Most would just send 'em to the pool. Crack a couple cold ones and fuck like bunnies.

To those who question a daughter with a life partner: times have changed, those people now have the opportunity to actually live a life instead of being confined to quaint stereotypes like "spinster" or "eccentric".

Finally in homage to the LW comments section I just have one last thing to say:

Anonymous- Total Cuck Shit.

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story!

The best story I've read here in a long time!

nreh21nreh21over 7 years ago
Very Enjoyable

I really enjoy your writing, and this one is no exception.

Thanks for sharing this story with us.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

I look forward to seeing a new story by this author. You sire are an excellent storyteller that surprisingly plays a little loose with spelling/grammar in this story. It was noticeable and unexpected but didn't really take away from the story. How well the daughters were included was really good. Thanks.

AngelCherysseAngelCherysseover 7 years ago
Long time, no see...

... and I am truly grateful you are still up to form. I agree with you on the cesspool of personal agendas that has taken over LW. Your return has brightened up my day/week/New Year.

sdc97230sdc97230over 7 years ago
What struck me as odd...

When his wife cheats with married men he's helping their wives pick up the pieces of their broken lives (which is very admirable, by the way), but when she gets engaged to a man he thinks is a decent sort, never makes any effort to warn the poor schnook that she's an unrepentant serial cheater. Same with the one who wasn't lucky enough to find out before he married her with a prenup that lets her screw him over?

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Was Ok, far from your best, did not make much of

an emotional connection to me.

njlaurennjlaurenover 7 years ago
Nice writing

Not up to some of your classics,but still a nice tale. It is interesting that you don't have charlie,like in many stories, reconcile with him,no scene of regret for what she did,she basically stays the same self centered bitch she was,unrepentant,which is different.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Sorry"

At least I put my Id on my comments so that anyone that doesn't care for them can reply to it.

For what it's worth, I don't think I have anything to be jealous of, scorewise, and WTF does "FI" mean?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Always a good read

Glad you're back writing, or at least releasing your work.

Most people commenting on agendas are so narrow minded as

to be dismissed!!! Keep up the good work!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks for another one

Extremely good read, nice pace, terrific ending, easy five stars.

I'm sorry that it appears the "A-Holes" chased you out of the LW category (where based on the ending this should of gone)

Your stories have always been first rate & I always look forward to a new one.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Decent Read

The characters were a bit too pat if you will.....the woman just a bit too dumb for real life. Otherwise reasonably well written although a few grammatical errors stuck in my craw. Thanks for the effort. Better than the usual fare!

Ducky7Ducky7over 7 years ago
Loved it

A very good read.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 7 years ago
Glad that Q is still writing!

Good story here - excellent portrayal of a selfish narcissistic woman. Husband went above and beyond but was smart to ultimately upgrade. Five stars for sure!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent Story

Once again an excellent story told by an excellent writer.

leviayersleviayersover 7 years ago

enjoyed your tale thanks 5*

juanviejojuanviejoover 7 years ago
Cinco Estrellas!

Tener un feliz año nuevo, viejo amigo! I always like your story...Five Stars always!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
very enjoyable

Tried to give you full five stars but it processed as three only . A cheating wife story that proved that Living a great life is the best revenge . Very well thought out and worth reading more than once . Can only imagine in old age where sex is now unimportant. The ex wife will be lonely and unfulfilled. Good work .

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 7 years ago
It diid not make sense

Given the starting premise that it was cheaper to keep her, why would she stick around after he began to treat her badly? She has plenty of grounds for filing for divorce herself once the husband starts getting passive and actively aggressive. Kicking a door in, taking her phone, etc... She leaves, cites his instability and gets all the goodies that his lawyer says she was going to get anyway. And perhaps more.

You write well but the story is incoherent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
almost a 100% positive feedback

maybe you shouldn't post in LW anymore. Too many with agendas over there. Doesn't matter were you post, I always look up new stories by known authors anyway. Always welcome a new one by this author. Never fails to please. Thanks for the entertainment. (signed ML) 5*

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
Sweet

You're certainly one of my favorite writers. Everything was just perfect. Plotting, pacing, writing, all top of the line. I don't come to this category much, so props to Crkccpr for the hookup. I would have missed a good one. Full marks from me. Randi.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
great story told well

It was enjoyable following the extended journey through all the wrong turns and back steps. The premise was original and the story creative. Charlie was a sad and forlorn creature by the end, of her own doing. The rescue of the betrayed wives was empathetic and totally unexpected. I too loved the section dealing with floor coverings. I laughed at the double entendre of shag carpeting.

The hostile take over in LW is sad. That some of our better authors feel compelled to avoid it like the toxic wasteland it has become is sad. What started as a small sub-category has pushed everything else completely to the side (or as in this case out).

Thank you for the new submission. Thank you for the unique look into some troubled and entertaining lives.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Didn't believe the legal machinations , enjoyed the human ones

qhml1 tried very hard indeed to shore up this story's weakest point. He labored hard and skillfully endow the justice facade as much substance as possible. Alas the divorce courts and current law of the land are far too warped to jibe with the fairly equitable outcome at conclusion. If only this fictional law code and practices in this story were actual reality.

The characters, however, were both diverse and impeccably sketched. The range from children to intimidated county muckety-muck, prospective girlfriends and of course grasping , scheming wife was both ambitious and awesome. I do have core qualms in area previously mentioned but when big picture is considered there is no hesitation to thank qhml1 for sharing.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 7 years ago
Eesh

What a slog. It felt like you were emotionlessly ticking off a list of "well people like this action, so I'll wrap that up in 3 sentences; people like this confrontation, so I'll tell people it happened but only write a small part of it..."

This TYPE of story has been done incredibly well, where characters are deeper than "got cheated on and then just did everything right." Where the tension and drama don't vanish almost instantly. Where people were interesting and had personality enough for rich interactions. Where wives were capable of deception while still having enough of a brain that readers didn't end up hating the main character for being lame enough to have fallen in love with them. Where you didn't constantly find yourself going "if he did that, she'd just have him arrested and claim violence...if he did that, she'd just file for divorce and figure either way she wins....if he did that, she could file for cruelty and no judge in the world would go against her..."

This can be done well. Or it can be seven pages of "and then this happened and she was too dumb to respond and then this happened and she was a complete nonactor and then this happened and I didn't know what to do with my story so she magically changed into a different person again..."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Always....

Always a good day when my hands down favorite author on this site has a new story. Thanks for the great read.

Now, any chance of a wrap up the Houge Chronicles?

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 7 years ago
Aha

Came across TCcT's Brain Stew today. Great example of a story that walks the tightrope of having a wife do something utterly despicable while still making her a human character, not a plot device caricature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
could have been good

main character is too goody goody to be true, he knows too many "hotshots" that are falling over themselves to help him, he's too nicey nicey a real fuckin hero. what a guy! reminded me of a slimey used car salesman.

i just ended up thinking what a holier than thou wimpy rich asshole no wonder his dumb slutwife was cheating on him.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 7 years ago
Very Good

Different, and I really enjoyed it because of that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks...

I appreciate your story... And, it is apparent that I am not the only one that would like to see more of the Hogue Chrinicles...

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Great little tale as always.

fireman527fireman527over 7 years ago
Worth the read.

Very good story - enjoyed reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
3*s

Thank you for an entertaining story. The dialogue was smooth, realistic, and kept the plot moving. I raised two daughters and recognize that you did very well with Marissa and Darcy. It was strange that the wife kept her panties on for 14 years. Then didn't. Expanding a little more about her and why she changed is something I would want to see.

Two minor items that bothered me are; not naming the wife until page 2. Then calling her Charlie then later still Charlene. Eventually I figured it out. Second, there was more english errors than usual. Misspelled words, wrong words, letters in wrong positions in the sentence.

Overall, nothing detracts from this feel-good story. It was very nice😃.

AMerryman

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 7 years ago
Great story!

I loved how consistent Charlie was. No sense changing her stripes when caught. The hypocritical statements and outbursts just could not be helped.

This category is perfect because Loving Wives state in the description "Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing, and more..." The overly broad description leaves room for swingers, cucks, and non-consequences stories by way of the term fun.

I loved the LW categories for a decade because of the many fine authors that posted in that category. Some of the best even wrote cuckish and "fun" stories at first. They later turned out the best stories on this site. Because they were in LW we serious minded readers wanted the other stuff to go away. At least give a warning. Well the moral police and trolls tried to purge that category from whatever type of story that they perceived as the wrong type of story. It became toxic and many authors stopped posting.

This category can provide a framework for the stories that have less graphic sex and a focus on something other than the erections that are gained through watching your wife do unspeakable acts to another man.

Five stars ***** Thank You for posting here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Entertaining

A good well written entertaining story.

I am sorry I don't have a chimney in my head so I have nothing to spout my agendas out of. 5*

Floydfan1964Floydfan1964over 7 years ago
Great story.

I usually don't look in the non erotic section but it was a lazy Sunday morning. I saw your story and was very pleased. I didn't realize that the loving wives had gotten bad but that does explain why the quality of the writing in it has gone down recently. I'll have to be more diligent in where the great writers post. FYI I also read your new book walking in heaven on amazon. Excellent book and I highly recommend it. Thanks for all your excellent effort

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. Very well developed. I agree with you about LW.

TrishieldTrishieldabout 7 years ago
Another Good One

As much as I enjoy the LW category, I found it was toxic to my health. I became too emotionally involved which triggered my colitis lol. Live and learn.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
I liked this story though have to wonder...

Whether the first affair he found out about was the first affair...

I mean she couldn't keep her legs closed long enough to get him to move back into the house proper... I just don't see how she could have managed to be faithful for nearly fourteen years (or however long the specific time frame was)...

"Seriously, Dad? It's Mom, what do you think happened?" - Nothing like having your children able to summarize up "Mom's a cheating slut" without them using the words.....

Of course, I'm also amazed how stupid she was... She told the first dick how her husband knew and how he should worry... And even after proving that she was right... She tried cheating again...? I guess she figured the ONLY mistake she'd made was trying to tell him and make him be ok with it... "Oh, You mean the cheating itself wasn't such a good idea...? Damn..."

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 7 years ago
Great story!

I just finished re-reading it. Surprised myself, going back so soon after the first reading, but the yarn attracted me like a magnet. Second time through I could appreciate subtle nuances that escaped me the first time, and I'm sure I'll revisit it again and find more things to like about it.

The waffling in the relationship, which some readers might have been impatient with, served to humanize Jack and Charlie. People are like that, especially when they have mixed feelings about each other. In fact, all of your principal characters seemed very human, and well drawn. I have to place this on the same level as 'Surprising Reaction', 'Air Possum', and 'Terrible Taste', in terms of general interest and vivid characterization. So you don't need to apologize to me for it being a long story -- it has a lot of quality that you couldn't squeeze into a short one.

Once more I thank you for a very entertaining reading experience. Keep up the good work!

Hans

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7about 7 years ago
Just keeps getting better

Dang, your stuff just keeps getting better. Five out of five. I almost didn't read this because of the category.

Very minor criticism. I would have liked some insight into the wife's original motivation to cheat and then cheat again.

Otherwise I would change nothing.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Way to go

A fine entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
good

An interesting story, told with just the right amount of fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
In NON-Erotic

If that was Non-erotic, it sure was a surprise to me! Just enough sex to really keep

me interested, and not quite enough for a stroke story. Just Right. Whose been sleeping in my bed, "and (s)he's still here." GREAT ! SosayJay

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
absurd

in real life he would have been served and ejected from the house in days. and then raped in the divorce. the woman here is just a dumb cartoon. *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 annony is the real dumb cartoon on here!

This fool is insane

avidfaavidfaabout 7 years ago
Have to compliment you

I love your writing, it's always in the 99th percentile, not only for this site, but anywhere. I've probably commented on this story before, but I just had to add that this was a wonderful touch, near poetry, an instant classic line:

[in times past,] I would have been cuddling her...Now, I just sighed and turned right.

"Now, I just sighed and turned right", what a requiem for a relationship.

wagtoowagtooalmost 7 years ago
enjoyment

as always I enjoy your submissions.

TalonsreachTalonsreachalmost 7 years ago
Another gem

I enjoy so many of your stories and, surprise surprise, find I am thoroughly enjoying yet another with this one. Well done. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Yep, Another Great Story From "Q"

I liked this story a lot, as I have almost all of Q's stories. No doubt this one is another

5 star effort. Thank you, Q.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another "Q" Gem

I've read this a couple of times. Thoroughly enjoy it each time. This, along with a few others, is a favourite to read when I'm down. Never fails to get me back on even keel.

kansasjackkansasjackover 6 years ago
Isn't it a shame?

That in reality there are so many men and women out there that thinks it's okay to cheat? What is really sad is so many of them never think or care about the consequences. Not just to their spouse but the rest of the "total" family and friends and sometimes even at work. Of course there's also the one's that just don't care.

I know that I always thought that you get married and that's it. Forever! Too bad I'm one of those that found out the hard way. Seems she and her best friend thought that I wasn't good enough. Just because I'm one of those that works with my hands. But life goes on and I ended up on my feet!

Great Story ...

Keep on keeping on ...

HB4DBHB4DBover 6 years ago
I love your stories.

I have yet to comment on your stories. But I have read many of them and enjoy your writing style immensely.. Your character development is outstanding. I can feel their pain as well as their Joy when Romance occurs in their lives. You have an outstanding Talent. Please keep submitting.

dawg_of_wardawg_of_warover 6 years ago
Big Mistake

Mine that is.... I almost didn't read this story and actually put it off in favor of others. DANG!! what huge mistake that was. Great story, well told, and the minor grammaticals were easy to overlook.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Lol... The combat boots and gowns was a nice touch...

Knight0337Knight0337over 6 years ago
A very good story that I am likleg to re reay

A story that has hall the qualifications to be a wonderful loving wife's story but is more PG than anything

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
great story 5^

one of my favourite scenarios, where the husband, although unaccepting "stays" for, in this case his kids. the interaction between spouses is intruiging in this situation and quite difficult to write well i would imagine. the unoriginalists "boilerplate rendering" is probably my favourite using this scenario but this ones a close second.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent. 5*s+

Very very well done. Sounds sappy for a 61 yr old male, but I do like a happy ending. Thank you

jackh1962jackh1962over 6 years ago

My first read of this one.Not too long.Some have no concept of how long it can take to develop characters in order to tell a good story.It seems like a lot of the complainers about story length just want a quick and dirty story or have a short attention span. Like I said my first read, but not my last.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Five stars as all of your stories

Two miniscule nits:

empathize, not emphasize.

memento, not momento

Otherwise a very fine story, though a bit long.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
Another 5*+

Several times tear to my eye

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 6 years ago
Oh Yeah

You never surprise me. You always deliver a top rated story. Thanks!

FantasyTrainFantasyTrainover 6 years ago
PC crap..............

Great story except this one part.... "She had found a life partner, and they had adopted two little girls"

Why not call it as it is? His daughter was a lesbo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fun story but time to brush up on defense mechanisms

Fun ride. Not “transference.” Displacement with a soupçon of projection

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Enjoyable writing

I couldn't give the story 5 stars though, because the character of Charlie just seemed bizarre. She goes from a marriage that seemed great, according to the protagonist, to a serial cheater without explanation. So either the protagonist was an idiot, which he doesn't seem to be, and she'd been cheating prior to his discovery and getting away with it ... OR, she went through some kind of mental breakdown or personality change that was never explained.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Another great story. Thanks!

As with the majority of your stories this was enjoyable. Fantasy Train the term life partner applies to all types of people in relationships, not just same sex. Look it up before you apply your own stereotypes and criticize.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Another great read

from a terrific author. To me the overarching themes in your stories are love and respect comes to those who love and respect others. Thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Categories

I have to agree with Q that this story really belongs in Loving Wives; it has all of the LW tropes (dumb, cheating wife, decent husband, mild btb and super hot new wife) just done so much better than almost anyone else does it. Instead of one paragraph describing meeting the billionaire captain of the Swedish bikini team (what? There's no such thing? Bummer.), we are treated to multiple half-hearted seduction attempts by good-hearted women and a determined conspiratorial seduction by a special forces goddess! The backdrop for all of this is the daughters and maintaining their lifestyle and safety as job one.

I also agree that the comments in LW have little to do with literary criticism and more to do with personal agendas and hobby horses. I have my own preferences and if a story pushes too many of my hot buttons, I stop reading it. If I don't finish reading due to content, I don't comment. If I can't finish due to writing issues, then I tend to give a critique- without inflicting my own beliefs on the other commenters.

Q is one of my favorite writers and I often comment (favorably, dude! Really!) on his stories. 5 stars. Thanks for writing. JPR

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8988 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories