All Comments on 'A Number's Game Ch. 03'

by mluclaforce

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Being dropping into the middle of a situation is an effective means of grabbing the reader's attention. We are now three chapters in, and I find the amount of explanation woven into the story helpful but woefully insufficient. We know Sixey's back story and motivation. The information about the greater societal situation is still too limited. It is difficult to enjoy a story when you are distracted by larger what the hell is going on questions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agreed

I’m in full agreement with Anon (from 2018), as it stands the reader has two options in the story mentions tithes regularly this chapter has also mentioned emancipation so either the narrator 12 is playing mindgames whilst surrounded by willing sex slaves or these people exist in some fucked up (by today’s standards) dystopian otherworld that involves people being used like pawns just for shits and giggles. In which everyone (including 12) cycles through a process of being owned and used until some mystery point where they can earn their freedom. A tithe by exact definition is a 10% tax of income or items equal to that value.

So unless it’s option 1 where everyone is there willingly then this cannot be BDSM. Both BDSM and RACK require fully informed and freely given consent in order to operate. People who are slaves by circumstance and not by choice cannot give consent because they don’t have the option of giving or withholding consent, just like they are unable to safeword when something goes beyond their limits. So even if someone like “sixey” had volunteered to be a tithe they do not have the freedom to call a halt in any proceeding or leave, QED they are slaves, with no BDSM in sight.

Dependent on which scenario is in effect the participants are either fully onboard with pain, degradation, humiliation and freezing their arses off on cold stone floors or there a disturbing element of casual cruelty which I find non erotic.

I can read stories that contain things I would never do, IF the participants are fully onboard with their circumstances and how they are treated. I recently read a series of books entailing a RH theme unlike the standard fare of that genre there was a lot of MM action going on. That was something I’d never actively sought out but I enjoyed reading about it because everyone was consenting and generally having a damned good time.

Your story overall is well written you clearly have a gift when it comes to writing, there’s a strong element of cliches which lead me to wonder if that’s just intended as leaning toward a writing style? I’ve yet to see any evocative BDSM or more specifically freely given consent so if it doesn’t appear, I’ll drop the story and probably try something else of yours at a future point.

Best of luck with your writing.

Tess (UK)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermluclaforce@mluclaforce
15 Followers
Prizewinning author, forced to write under a pseudonym to maintain the illusion of respectability at his day job.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES