All Comments on 'House of Cards Ch. 04'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 147 Comments
Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 19 years ago
Good story but its dragging

No matter how much all the posters I usually agree with sing your praises, I cant help but wonder what the point of the extra chapters/padding is.

I think the story will be flawed no matter what happens now. It wont be a satisfying reconciliation. It wont be a satisfying infidelity/break-up story. Any revelations that give an innocent explanation for everything will just seem contrived and weak.

If he gets back together with the wife, it will be disappointing considering how little concern she has shown for his feelings and how mercenary she has behaved (seems only interested in not losing her stable marriage & material comforts). If he does finally dump her and get on with his life, it will have taken way too long (for a fictional story, not necessarily for real life). IRL, I can understand people being reluctant to give up what they know (see previous), but this is fiction. You wrote the story in such a way as too make it clear the wife is not to be sympathised with. Why do you keep drawing the ending out? Seeing the good guy/wronged party being put through excessive amounts of emotional pain when there is only one realistic ending possible is just frustrating for most readers. It may be true to life but I dont think it makes good fiction (my opinion only & Im more a logic kind of thinker than creative so I could be totally off base here).

As I said before, having the husband drag his heels over the divorce may be realistic but its not satisfying to read. Everyone knew for several chapters that she was cheating & didnt really love her husband (or at the very least, wasnt emotionally mature and didnt share his values). Even those who think fidelity is an outmoded concept (I may be one - I think fidelity is the easiest way to maintain a marriage but I dont think its necessary to be monogamous in order to have a good marriage - hope that makes sense - in a story like this I think the lying, lack of shared values/ideas and selfishness, are of much greater concern than the actual sex) would likely agree that you cant have a loving marriage coexist with lying, deception and lack of concern for your partners feelings.

I dont think the story is totally bad or anything. Its better than most I read on this site. You have managed to convey the husband's mixed feelings (hurt, anger, feeling sorry for what he thinks he's lost etc). You also build suspense fairly well in the first few chapters. I just think you carried it a bit too far (both the husband's turmoil and the suspense).

Even if I dont think its perfect, I know its much, much better than I could do. Thanks for writing.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 19 years ago
Been there, done that...Pt 3

I guess this is more in response to Average-Joe's comments than the story... IRL the woman dumps both husband and boyfriend and marries somebody else on the rebound. This way she doesn't have to take any responsibility for her actions - is the husband's fault (for being too mean) and the boyfriend's fault (for seducing her).

Narrative is well written. Keep up the good work, Ohio.

PArebelPArebelalmost 19 years ago
WOW

Knowing what we do I can't imagine what Marianne can say to salvage things.

Even as she is breaking up with her lover over the phone it is plain that she isn't really sorry about her infidelity, only that she got caught. He should make sure he takes that final tape with him to their meeting so that he can have it handy to bring that point across.

I'm surprised Steve's wife, Andrea, hasn't told him anything about her conversations with Marianne.

Let's wrap this puppy up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
what is the house of cards?

if the marraige is the house of cards, then it has collapsed and there isn't much further to go. i was hoping the infidelity was only part of the story, that there was some other plot that the cheating would reveal. but it seems not.

as for a reconcilliation, at this point it would seem forced. she is such a facile liar i would check the sky if she said the sun was yellow.

this story is all well written, but you do seems to have missed obvious things like the DNA.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Is Edie the father

of the kids? Long term deception and lies are evident. Her only concern was getting caught. She has taken him for everything of value in a marriage. She needs to be lied to and deceived for the same lenght of time, or just discarded like trash. How can anything she has to say be believed?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just when it was getting good. Like watching those old Batman shows starring Adam West. The bad guy will have him tied ready to show his face to the world and then "see you next week, same batchannel, same batstation"

noone269noone269almost 19 years ago
Great Story so far!

Very well written, and I feel sorry for the husband. I do think that a reconciliation between them is next to impossible, since she clearly only cares about herself and what happens to her. I don't buy her conversation with Eddie either, I think that was staged for her husband's benefit. The use of "baby" gives it away, if that was supposed to be a breakup call it was far too sweet to be believable. She already knows he was capable of recording her in the car, it's not a big leap to think that she would use that to her advantage.

She does mention that her marriage to Tom comes first, but those words are pretty hollow when she lied RIGHT to his face after he played the first conversation. It seems to me that lie is the final nail in the coffin. She claims that her marriage comes first, yet she still tried to keep up her betrayal until she could no longer lie her way out of it.

Also her threat to tell everyone that her husband abandoned her, could easily be answered with the reason WHY. That would have shut her up, and he wouldn't have had to acquiesce to her ultimatum. At least he didn't let her make a date out of it.

All in all, unless she has some incredible tale of how Eddie coerced her into sex and then blackmailed her to make it a long term affair, this marriage is history. Even that story won't hold much water since the use of pet names between the two is obvious and the affection behind them even more so. She clearly hasn't shown any remorse, except for the fact that she was caught, and I think a reconciliation between Marianne and Tom would derail the story. The House of Cards has already collapsed, and all that is left is heartache.

You're a great writer ohio, and if you are heading towards a reconciliation, don't wrap it all up in one chapter. That would ruin the story completely, and a reconciliation should take as long as the affair was going to be even remotely believable.

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 19 years ago
The End Is Near

The story has been very well written. Thanks.

I agree that it dragged too long. It should not take someone twenty years to figure out what to do in this situation. He actually should give her his decision immediately after her talk tonight. It has to end next chapter or it would be too weak, but knowing the author so far, I am sure he will manage that perfectly.

Obviously the rational decision is to end the marriage, but it is interesting to hear what Marianne would say and what Andrea would say (although it should be exactly the same, judged by the treachery of Marianne). And by the way, did not she suspect that he could be spying on her last conversation to Eddie and made it sound realistic?

It is obvious that Tom can never trust Marianne again. She is obviously not sorry about the affair. She is only sorry about getting caught. If he gives her a chance it would be much harder to catch her next time, and what the hell for anyway? What is the point of having a marriage to a woman he cannot trust?

An iteresting compromise from Tom could be: Now that I can never trust you for a second, I agree to give you a second chance with some new ground rules and on the condition that you have to pay for a couple of private investigators to keep track of you twenty four hours a day seven days a week or would you rather wear a chastity belt including something for your mouth and tits? I hope you will not need a chasity device for your hands!

msboy8msboy8almost 19 years ago
Great Story

Your story is well written and full of emotion. I agree with the comment about the wife needing a fantastic excuse to be taken back.

DG HearDG Hearalmost 19 years ago
Interesting story

I have been following this story.I really do like it but wonder if we are going to get any surprises. Everything seems pretty much as expected so far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
This guy is a dumb shit

What is this stupid wimp fuck waiting for? Divorce the slut and get a life. Why so many tears? Real men don't cry about losing a cheating bitch. They get even. There is no legitimate reason for her actions. She is just a cunt slut that will cheat again if this limp dick cuck forgives her and takes her back. This asshole needs to ruin her and the man she is fucking. She has put his life in danger. Has the useless whore ever heard of AIDS? That's the way it's done in the real world.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 19 years ago
I am still reading this story

only to see how you manage the ending.

Fidelity and extramarital sex aside, this woman has no redeeming features. It is almost always the betrayal of trust that cuts the deepest in these situations.

The outright lies to her husband after his direct questions, even after the first tape are enough to show he can never trust her again. All that, let alone the terms of endearment between her and her 'lover', coupled with the fact she is not at all sorry about having the affair, but is sorry it is ending would cut any man too deep to take her back.

She definitely cannot claim coercion because she is too attached to this guy.

I also think in any similar situation Tom would be out gunning for the low life who is screwing his wife. And, not because he 'took her away from him', but because it takes a low arshole of a person of either gender to seduce another's spouse. This woman was obviously going to cheat when the right guy came along. Tom was always behind the eight ball, she just wasn't worth marrying.

Now, maybe the author will reconcile them, but it will need to be on an extremely tenuous pretext which will leave most readers uneasy with the outcome.

phoenix764phoenix764almost 19 years ago
Great Story

The previous writer unfortunately doesn't understand that he is crying for the loss of his marriage. He still loves her to some degree, but it is vastly overshadowed by her betrayal. She has shown little or no remorse for her affair, just for being caught. There is no way he could/should ever trust her again. It is time to divorce her, and with the tapes try to prove adultery. He should fight for everything he can possibly get in the divorce, and probably should get a restraining order to keep her away. Her threat in the office was usless, because he could always say "I've left because you have committed adultery, you lying, cheating whore." Time for her to be dropped kicked in the gutter of life, and to spend the rest of her days being miserable and regreting her actions. Please don't let them reconcile; unless you plan to have him catch her at a later date with even better proof of adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Revenge

I really like this story so far, but don't like the way this story is heading. Looks like its heading towards forgiveness. To many stories end in the husband forgiving the wife or getting so excited that he countinues to let his wife screw other men. It's getting old. We need some revenge stories.Maybe have him make her think that he has forgiveing her and than take his revenge at a later date.Just a thought.

fregenfregenalmost 19 years ago
Time to call it quits

How could he ever trust her again? If there is no trust there is no marriage.

She has been having a long term affair. Not just occasionally but more than once weekly. She was not just looking for a quick screw but had Eddie call her but the name her husband used. Her sessions including cuddling and intimacy not just sex. She lies like a pro when confronted - and with plausable stories no less! She shows no remorse about the affair only that she was caught. She never would have ended (if the phone call was not staged - why in the car?) the affair if she was not caught.

How could this woman ever be trusted again? Her protestations of not wanting to hurt him ring shallow. What she wanted was never to be exposed as an adultress. To never bear the consequences of her actions. Anything this woman says is suspect. She is a proven liar. Why listen to her? Too bad for the kids but it's over. Pick up the pieces and move on.

gusteufgusteufalmost 19 years ago
No Way Out Of This Situation !

I can not see any reconciliation with the amount of lying and betrayal. Not necessarily just the sex, all the intimacy shown despite her protestations of her marriage coming first. She can not come up with any reason to justify her actions. Infidelity can be overcome and reconciliations can happen, but the intimacy she had with Eddie was way more than a sexual fling. Getting screwed enough to be 'sex sore' on the day to celebrate your 'loving' marriage? Does that tell you how much she likes Eddie and loves her husband. Even the last phone call, [contrived or not], shows way to much intimacy for her lover. I can see no hope for any rebuilding of trust or respect, he would always doubt.

I would love to see some revenge on Eddie. But, I think he should make her do it. No matter if he ends up staying with her or not, he should make her choose to betray Eddie, kind of like she betrayed him. It would be delightfully just, to see her set Eddie up for a huge fall and then look her in the face and say goodbye.

However, it is your story and I have enjoyed you sharing it. I eagarly await the next chapter. Thanks for the entertainment.

Gus

wetapapwetapapalmost 19 years ago
finish it your way

you've got a great story going. i hope you don't pay any attention to the many critics. please finish the story the way you originally created it in your mind. it will be the best ending possible that way. we will live with it. i don't care for some of the people that god created in real life. i especially don't care for the way some of them live their lives and the decisions they make. some of them probably don't care for me, or the way i live, or the decesions i make. but life goes on, and we live with it. keep up the good work, you're a good writer.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardalmost 19 years ago
You are killing me here...

Ok these chapters are great. If they weren't then you wouldn't be getting the responces that you are. We just want a conclusion. Earlier in the comments Some one said that this should end at chapter 5. I sorta agree. Unless you are going to pull one HELL of a rabbit out of the hat you I can't see how this can go any further.

Speaking of rabbits, what the hell ca the excuse be? Man the more I read about the wife, the more self centered she seems to be. Husband might know about the affair so we have to delay our meetings for a day or so. My marrage comes first but I still want to fuck another. etc.

Yes I wonder why Andrea hasn't told him about their conversations. I also wonder what her excuse is.

And personally I think the ultimate betrail wasn;t the affair, but the fact that she will 'remember it fondly forever'

Selfish cow.

It seems to me that she is used to bowling over him and is going to try one last time. Hope that he is a man and doesn;t take it. I personally CAN NOT figure out a reason for the affair, well I can't ever but in literotica world there can be some, that he will take her back for.

And what wil she do to make it up to him? She jsut seems to want to brush it under the rug and go on.

moo.

But I will await your next chapter. Not patiently but I will await.

thebulletthebulletalmost 19 years ago
Somewhat annoying

It's a good story, well written. Its obvious flaw is the way you are stringing the readers along. Why didn't you allow Marianne to give her explanation of the affair? Only because you wanted to make it into a seperate chapter.

If I were the husband, I would have wanted to hear her story, if only out of admiration for her ability to lie extemporaneously but so convincingly.

I certainly agree that you should take the story where your muse tells you to go. But Marianne is such an unsympathetic character that it would be hard to buy a reconcilliation. Perhaps Eddie is her long-lost brother who she has been screwing since she was a teenager (18, this being Literotica).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Very Real and Well Written

As a first effort you have done a very credible job so far author. While it is surely your story, to me it isn't remotely conceivable that he can forgive or trust her in any way for all the valid reasons noted by other commentators.

Also, I take issue with Avg. Joe on his premises. Namely that I feel that the flow is one of reason and expectedness as the man not only is in pain, and still cares to some degree (you don't or can't totally turn it off right away) but wants to hear why - to try to make some sense of it if possible - perhaps for later referance and understanding - to be able to make a better choice of mate the next time or if at all. All these things explain and justify the process underway. Life happens and not everyone gets out a gun do they.

Secondly Joe - You appear to be a man of your word and would therefore live up to any contract you signed right? I don't need to remind you that marriage is a legal contract not including other sexual partners. So, if marital monogamy isn't intended then why marry. If one or both spouses change their mind then why live in contract violation - just divorce and fool around all they want. No one then can be legally hurt or cry foul as eventually it won't be fair or sharing in some way - surely somebody will get hurt along the way so why complicate it with a contract that doesn't allow what is wanted? Seems logicical doesn't it!

Sorry Joe, but while I normally agree with your logicical assessments, I legally and realistically can't on this one. On the other hand - Spot on Kanga40 - directly on the money!

Thanks Author, a very qualitative credible effort - you are appreciated thus far - with high Regard

beesfanbeesfanalmost 19 years ago
You write well.

However, you have written yourself (surely) into a credibility corner here in my opinion. Like others, I find it impossible to conceive of a reconciliation with Tom retaining an iota of self-respect. It's not the fact of the affair, it's the attitude to her husband that Marriane demonstrates throughout. Firstly, I note that she repeatedly tells Eddie that her 'marriage comes first' - her marriage, not her husband. If this is what she really thinks then Tom is merely the provider of of her comfort zone, and Eddie is extremely unlikely to have been her only diversion, IMO. Secondly, the nature of her lies when confronted by Tom suggest to me that her lack of respect for him is already of the full-blown variety. Others seem to suggest that her lies were plausible and convincing. Really? One, the sperm is yours - we had sex a few days ago and you obviously forgot! Second, a convoluted explanation of a recorded telephone conversation which could only have had, both from its tone and content, one purpose. These episodes are indicative to me of her having gotten away with some pretty glib whoppers in the past if she thinks that Tom will be dumb enough to fall for them this time. Our view on stories like this is always influenced by how we believe we would react in a given set of circumstances. I only know, or believe, that she wouldn't have gotten past the sex that never was lie with me without being challenged strenuously on it! Therefore, events after that become difficult for me, personally, to accept.

Nevertheless, you write very skilfully and with great emotion, involving the reader fully in Tom's confusion and torment. I congratulate you on that and, despite my interminable chuntering on above, I look forward to YOUR ending to YOUR story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Exellent work!!

You know how to write well and how to present it -- cliff-hanger and all! Please keep up the good work.

rip32rip32almost 19 years ago
Going Good

The story is enjoyable (except for the short chapters) so far. I too think the last call to Eddie may have been staged. She knows he listened to another call from her car. I don't blame him for not wanting to hear her story of what happened, it is obvious that what happened is she found a man who fucks better than her husband. Given her ability to think on her feet, and lie like a rug, any story she tells would be hard to believe. When someone is willing to look you straight in the eye and lie, nothing they say is believable. Her letting Eddie use his pet name with her is another low blow. If they get back togeather now, what is to stop her from going back to the great sex with Eddie next year? Her word is no good, she lies too much. Marriage is based on trust, and she can't be trusted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
keep it coming

It is still working but you are teasing too much. Longer chapters pleazzze.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryalmost 19 years ago
Good story but where is it going?

I have enjoyed all four of the chapters of this story. You have a deft touch at describing emotions that make the story fun to read even if the story line is telgraphed way in advance.

However, I must agree with a lot of the other comments that have been made. This marriage is over. The only one who doesn't seem to know it is Marianne. With her lies, I can't see how Tom could ever trust her or accept any story she could come up with. If she is able to make up a somewhat plausible lie to his face, what type of story is she going to come up with with days to think about it.

If you do go the reconciliation route, I hope that you do write some additional chapters about long term affects. Tom now knows that she can't be trusted and has the ability to live a lie. How would that lack of trust affect their love and marriage? I can't see any continuing marriage being very happy.

The only possible way I could see any type of reconciliation is a long term one where they get divorced and maybe get back together after 3-4 years. The only possibility for long term happiness, even if they still love one another is for her to realize what she threw away and regret the affair, not just getting caught. I don't see that happening in the short term.

Finally, I hope you have plans for some type of revenge on Eddie. From the call where she "broke it off" it appears that he was still pressuring her to keep it going. If only for Tom's self respect, he needs to pay Eddie back.

Great story and I can't wait to see where you take it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Who Is Eddie

I think we need to see who Eddie is, how long and why the affair was started, and Eddie has to get his evil self humiliated and/or Bobbitized.

Marianne's psyche really needs analysis. Lying cold,ruthless, Marianne is fascinating like a cobra.

I hope there are surprising facts coming but the solution seems obvious. If you pull this off w/o the expected, it will be amazing. A good story.

sherlock40sherlock40almost 19 years ago
Like the others, I just don't see a happy ending

Unless it is with another woman he meets later. His wife has lied to him repeatedly, has had a long-time affair (reaching the cuddling and sweet nicknames stage) and yet still insists she loves "only him." Man, Dr. Phil couldn't save this marriage.

Keep the husband strong-willed, don't let him be swayed by any loving words from her (she obviously doesn't mean them).

Remember-cheating equals not loving spouse...period.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Well done

This is by far not a beautiful but a very well written and - up until now - a very likely story. It's even written in very good English - which is sadly rare nowadays. But I agree with some of the comments. I don't see any way for a reconciliation. Not only that Marianne has lost Tom's trust but there is more to it. No repeat no man can ever make love again to a woman who told another male that noboy could do her as he did. Every time he would try he would always remember those words. Nope, no way for that marriage to be rescued.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Well Done

Great story and also very realistic. The grief brought on by infidelity is well told here. What is almost as devastating as the cheating itself, is the blatant lies she was able to tell as he suspected her adultery. I suspect that the author will eventually lead to a reconciliation, but while I would welcome that, it would only be after a long and torturous period filled with doubt and angst. All in all, an excellent story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Stuck up stupid princess!

It seem Marianne could only think of herself and not of others. She had gotten a chance to end the affair when Tom got suscpious but all she can think is of her enjoyment. She said she love her husband, what a bunch of crock! If she did love her husband, she wouldn't have an affair in the first place not to mention when he gave her a chance to end it or come clean, she chose to lie so she could continue cheating on him. What a selfish bitch!

After the affair is expose, all she can do is feel sorry for herself by giving excuses so she wouldn't take any blame. Marianne said she is in pain and ask Tom how long he going to make her wait, it seem she always want things on her term but not on her husband term. Tom should give her a taste of her own medicine, maybe than she would understand what others are feeling instead of acting like a spoil princess.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Don't wimp out

Marianne has dug a hell of a deep hole for this relationship. Too many lies. And on that last recorded phone call......called Eddie "baby" and said "it was great for me too" and "I'll never forget"........End of trust=end of the marriage. There is no realistic way to rationalize her affair and still say she "loves" her husband and "her marriage comes first" BULL FUCKING SHIT. You believe that, I got a bridge I'd like to sell you. She is concerned with the fact she got caught and he's angry, not the hurt she caused him, this is not a kiss and make up situation. She needs a little pain inflicted into her selfish life.

H20waderH20waderalmost 19 years ago
great story

ok i read all the comments. and fine ones they were too. I can see several way to end this. none of which i will share. i will see how you identify the hiouse of cards. i already know.

keep rolling along

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezealmost 19 years ago
She has

obviously got a better deal in her husband than with eddie. Eddie is probably some worthless fucker that has a pussy pleaser but won't work for a living or is dragging a great deal of baggage that she doesn't really feel like carrying for him.

I too, like the other reader have the feeling that Maryanne is still fucking the guy and has staged the conversation in the car for her husband's benefit. She is a smart fucking woman in some ways and really dumb in others. I really was amused at the concocted story she came up with about Eddie and the motel encounters. Kind of like the guy that tells his wife he really is a secret agent for the CIA, or some other shit like that.

She is far to smart however to tell the woman friend she has the truth as she knows it would more than likely get back to her husband.

As a writer you have shown that you can raise the emotions of readers and have them interject themselves into the story. that is commendable. Also, if you are able to insert something totally out of character that is still believable in the story to make it rational that might save the marriage, then that will be a feat that few writers have achieved that write these type of tales.

I for one appreciate your effort and i thank you wholeheartedly for keeping an old man entertained and going to literotica before even checking my e-mail to see if you have posted another chapter.

Thanks

Gary

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
It's over??

It might be over with Eddie but how long before she finds another stud or even returns to Eddie Baby?? Once a cheater always a cheater!

He should just move on!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 19 years ago
A captivating story!

I am hooked like so many others. I think we could have gotten here in two chapters, but the length of the chapters has improved. You have created a wife that seemingly feels she loves her husband but is betraying him. The worst part seems to be her terms of endearment and obvious feelings for her lover. That hurts the husband more than a few quickies that were "just sex". I am quite interested in her reasoning, which will be flawed, at best. Giving a lover her "anniversary gift" rather than hubby was another real slap in his face. She may have regrets, but they seem to be over being caught. The ending will really bring the house down and garner you all kinds of comments, so be prepared!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Been there

I'm always amazed at the quick "dump the cheating bitch" response so many posters give to the infidelity stories. IRL, things are not so easy.

I've been through almost exactly the same situation the author describes, right down to the easy way the wife lies to his face and the search for hard evidence before confronting the spouse. For those who find it hard to believe that a husband would wait until he had hard evidence before the confrontation, I can only say that such evidence is necessary to get past the lies.

That being said, I thought the story does a great job of capturing the pain of finding out your loving wife is fucking someone else. After reading each chapter, I actually go home angry as it brings back for me all the emotions I felt at the time.

Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Good story!

Being an optimist and an old romantic, I’m still looking for the big twist or surprise ending. I do realise 'crunch time' is approaching for Marianne and for the story.

Whatever the outcome, I shall respect your decision.

It's your call Ohio... play it as you originally felt it.

My best regards

Robert

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
END IT....

End the story by Tom divorcing Miaranne. Tom should not go see her ALONE at any time. He should stay away from her and if she comes to his office and threatens not to leave unless he calls the police and leaves screaming and kicking, now is the time for a restraint order to be enforced and served to her. Then he can call the police and let her spend the night in jail with all of the other whores. She might learn some more tricks.

She is a cheat and I agree with a lot of the others that it is only a matter of time before she cheats again. I agree: ONCE A CHEATER, ALWAYS A CHEATER ! ! ! !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
well done

now to find out about her relationship with eddie as now im sure she had one before..was he blackmailing her .. that is the only thing that would put it right ... and then she would have to prove it and then she would also have to punish him by prosecuting him an a court of law to truly show m that she was coerced into doing something she didnt want ... when he went to jail i might consider talking to her about a realtionship with us ...but i would have to see him punished first and she better have a damn good explanation as to why she couldnt tell me about his blackmail..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
HUBBY BLEW IT!!!

Regardless of what I say below, I truly enjoyed the story so far.

It is so obvious that the characters are now completely acting out of character as I previously mentioned in the earlier chapters.

The author feels compelled to give us a slow death and/or a torture of a thousand cuts...by changing the characters so quickly to accomodate the story line.

Bottom line....as in most cases...

Hubby would have had Ani give her story immediately upon confrontation. Without the element of surprise,and Hubby walking out and not hearing her side, allows her ample time and opportunity to work out or concoct her story. Ani's taped conversation the next day would have either confirmed or disputed what she told him...that important piece is now missing...All that's happened has become "irrelevant" and that's why we the readers are pissed.

This sets up for a lame meeting at 8:00....that should have been held much earlier in the chapters.

I wouldn't be surprised that Steve and Andrea are involved...that Eddie is related to Steve or Andrea. or to somebody close....that Hubby was not into swapping or other current social activities that his wife and friends were involved in...and not noticing all the sex that was happening under his nose...everyone looked at hubby as being backward and behind the times.

The conclusion will be tailored to yet another change in character that the author has set up ...either hubby changes his tune and joins in or he goes with Alice who seems nice.

Ani's story will always be flawed because the author will have forgottn many of the earlier events that we learned through Hubby's thoughts and how we interpreted them. To change hubby's outlook [or our various interpretation of them] after he hears her story, would be cruel to the readers who have followed so far.

To have her sign divorce papers at the meeting before telling her story, provides continuity for Hubby's strong character and if she doesn't, he should walk away. After all, she fucked Eddie on their anniversary... and in my books..you either have trust and integrity or you don't..you cannot have a little of both..and only when you want too.

So Author...it has always been upto you to tell us why this story is a House of Cards. I am sure you tossed around many different angles. So far all I can say is that Hubby is a real joke or should I have said "card" [joke ..get it]

Andy...and I do like the story regardles of what I said above.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 19 years ago
HOOK,

LINE, AND SINKER!!!!!! Excellent, excellent story!! Love the ones I get sucked into emotionally. Can't wait for more chapters.

SalamisSalamisalmost 19 years ago
I'm hooked too.

There are very few stories that work as a serial. This one does, though of course I would like to have read it all in one sitting. But how you publish it is at your discretion.

You've added texture and depth to the story and the characters by this approach...and managed to keep it very interesting. I look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Lack of respect

Marianne had shown a total lack of respect for Tom from the start, not just of their marriage, but of his intelligence. And yet he was smart enough to catch her and collect the evidence. The way lies flow from her mouth like water, and she expects him to swallow them. How could he ever trust this liar again??? And she wants to tell his co-workers he left?? How about he play the tapes of her cheating for them?Somehow she needs to put cut down a couple of notches.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Well now!!!

I agree, Tom should not at any time be alone with his cheating wife. He should always have a witness, even audio take the whole damn conversation so there is PROVE!!!!!!! Good story so far.. Please dont let him get back with the lieing bitch, she does not love him or she would not have fucked someone else....

Paul

hammer17_98@yahoo.com

cageyteecageyteealmost 19 years ago
I'm enjoying this a great deal!

I'm enjoying this a great deal and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

I've been trying to imagine how I would write the close to this and I'm afraid that even after a great deal of thought on it, I have no idea.

I hope the next chapter will come soon!

cageytee

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A Great Story

Judging by all the messages that have been posted, you have obviously captured the imagination of the intellectual reader, the one who craves a good story.

I know I can't wait for the next chapter, wondering how it will turn out. Her story will be interesting, and I'm sure you have a few surprises or catches contained in it to keep pace with what you have done. Do I like a happy ending, sure, but I know it isn't always possible, if it happens here, I know you will properly set it up, and if it is over, there will be ample reason over and above what you have given us to justify the final split.

One thing for sure, a number of us would be writers (based on those who have commented)will eagerly await not only the rest of this story, but the next stories you write.

Andrew Peters

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
It's all about her, isn't it.

Look at what she tells him.

"Please, Tom, there's more to this than..."

"Tom, if you'll only..."

It's as it she's implying that she's fucking another man for his own good. What could there be more to this than what he already knows that would make this OK? Money? Something to do with her job? Is Eddie, as others thought, the real father and she's been lying to him all along. Uh uh, there is no good explaination she can give to justify this. Not just the cheating, but the use of his pet name for her, the intimacy between her and Eddie, and the fact that she knew he was close to figuring out what was going on and saw Eddie anyway, rather than pulling back, because seeing him was more important that placating her husband.

But the best is,

"Tom, how long are you going to make me wait?" She was very anxious, even a little frantic. "I sit at home going over it and over it. I know you're angry, but I'm suffering too."

Wait for what, falling for her lies again? And SHE'S suffering? That fact that it's her fault negates any right to that stance. Of course, then she has to resort to a form of blackmail to get him to meet her. Personally, I think he wimped out on this point. My reaction to her would be, "Fine, go ahead and make a scene, and I'll tell them what a fucking, lying slut you are."

rip32rip32almost 19 years ago
I Like The Comments

almost as much as the story. This is the first work of the author here, and I read a lot of comments on what he is going to have the characters do. I can understand this about some of the more predictable authors, but unless I have missed some of his stories somewhere I can't see anyone saying what he will have them do. Several comments have said he should not meet her alone. He has microphones in the house. He will have a record of what happens. He will also have a record of what was said while he has been gone. That should prove interesting. This story can easily have a happy ending, with him getting a divorce and custody of the children, and meeting someone who will love only him, and not another man's dick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Hard To Swallow

I hate how this Marrianne is getting away with so many of her filthy lies! However I happen to love this serries, it looks like novel material and is well imaginative to boot. I suggest that he keep up the great work and continue to write, not just loving wives stuff but other genres as well! Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great Story - But Author Something Puzzles Me

First up your HOC story is very well written and most of all captivating.

However something doesn't make sense to me.

On Wednesday night Tom confronts his wife Anni with the recording of her affair with Eddie and then leaves to stay at a hotel.

On Thursday night Tom has dinner with Steve and Andrea and Tom talks about the "affair" with both Steve and Andrea who are at a loss to explain Anni's behaviour, with Andrea stating that she believed that Anni adored Tom. Then after dinner Andrea says that she wanted to talk to Anni (as a friend) if Tom was okay with it. Tom replied to Andrea that he was okay with that and maybe she would get the true version of the "affair" from Anni, considering all the lies that he had been told so far.

On the weekend while Anni wasn't home Tom went to his house "twice" to pick up his computer, clothes etc. Then after midnight on one of the nights he also retrieved the digital recorder from Anni's car which had the Thursday morning's recording of Anni telling Eddie that their "affair" was over.

What puzzles me is why didn't Tom (over the weekend) check the other six digital recorders hidden in the attic of his home to see if Anni had spoken to Andrea (or anybody else for that matter) about the "affair".

Surely after going to all the trouble (and money) of setting up the six recorders in his house, one of Tom's first priorities (after leaving on the Wednesday) would be to check and see if any of the recorded conversations could provide the possible evidence his wife's "true " story and/or explanation of her "affair" so that he could compare the recordings against Anni's face to face story or explanation, when they finally got together for their marital "showdown".

It seems to me that this failure to obtain the other recordings is a severe discrepancy in the context of the author's story. Tom could have easily downloaded the digital audio recordings on to his computer over the weekend - particulary as he went to his house on two seperate occasions.

Maybe the author can provide an explanation for the ommission or maybe future chapters will clarfiy this issue.

One further request please don't make this story into a TV sitcom where your audience has to wait for the next weeks "exciting episode". Too many authors make the mistake of leading on their audience with small one page chapters and then wonder why they get frustrated and turn off.

Keep writing stories like this and you will always be rewarded with a faithful and supportive audience.

fdkmanfdkmanalmost 19 years ago
I have mixed feelings as well.

My mixed feelings come from the husband and his feelings. I can't understand how he can still have any loving feelings for this woman after what she has done. Maybe he's feeling something for the woman who was his wife, Ani, but Marianne is NOT that woman.

This woman has lied a minimum of four times directly to his face when he's asked her to be honest with him. As others have said, she doesn't put her marriage first. If she did she wouldn't have gone to Eddie in the first place but allowing for one "slip" she wouldn't have gone back after being confronted by Tom with the cum stained thong. As he said, she must think him a complete idiot! The problem is she doesn't think. She's addicted to something Eddie has and it has taken over her mind and her heart. It is sometimes said that men think with their little head. It is truly sad when a woman only thinks with a hole in her abdomen.

Despite how much Tom may have loved his wife he shouldn't take Marianne back, she has learned nothing from this whole ordeal. Others have mentioned her comments about hurting as much as Tom but I don't buy it. She's the one who got caught and now all she's sorry for is that she got caught! She wasn't going to stop until Tom caught her, that much was obvious so now she's getting what she wanted, even if she was too stupid to realize it. She's not sorry, she's blaming him for treating her like crap, she's lucky she's not dead. I can see why there is domestic violence if women think and act like this.

I truly hope Tom gets a woman who is trustworthy, (are there any?) or at least finds someone he can love.

Ray

DavefoDavefoalmost 19 years ago
Nuke her now, negotiate later.........

I love the storyline, but it is dragging. As countless others

have already said, she is a selfish person, putting her needs

and desires first.

The call to Eddie? Fake! The lies to his face? A de facto

statement that she thinks hubby is a limp dicked moron!!

Some in here think Eddie is the father of her kids? Wow? I

missed that. After reading about her, who knows? DNA test

asap.

Marriage? It takes two and only one person has been married

so far.

Trust? When I had the recording of her in the motel room,

it would have been over. Take it straight to the attorney's

office and file. She lies to him, says sweet things to

Eddie...shared intimate info with Eddie = treacherous liar.

Nuke her in court, put her our of our misery...please.

Thanks for the ride...Dave

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great story

I think that the way you're going with this story is just fine. I like how you have made this story line come together. Please don't change where you are going to be going next in this story for anyone with a negative or slightly negative comment. I'm glad that he is going to atleast talk to her b/c that is really more than I would do for my husband if I had evidence that he was having a long term affair on me. Great work, please keep up the good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
What About Eddie

Hey we all know that Marianne cheated with Ediie & got caught. Now Tom has to decide what to do about Marianne, but what about getting even with Eddie. He's the slime ball who seduced Marianne (Yah she's guilty also for falling for him), but should he get off scott free???? I think not - sue the bastard for alienation of affection!!! Maine Yankee

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Time for Eddie to die

If it were me, I would have made her give me deatils of this man before walking out. I'd have seen him and ruined his life. For this not to happen defies human nature. Still, i'm desperate to read the next bit.

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
Bang Up Job in This Series

You're getting lots of feedback from readers. Must be doing something right. You've got everyone's interest. Of course quite a few are cheering Tom's walking out on Marianne. In fantasy it is so simple, easy, and gratifying. Vengence has been taken.

Of course this is all so easy for the one-dimensional, shit for brains critics that slam any story that doesn't result in pain and suffering for all & loneliness for the husband.

These critics that pan any reconciliation must lead lonely lives. Look at those that slam Tom for talking to his best friend, Steve, about his situation. Don't they have any friends, let alone best friends, in whom they can confide? Talk about paranoia. Tom sees Steve's worried look & sees the concern of a friend. Your paranoid critics see someone worried that the secret of their hidden swingers group will be revealed.

You've done a great job here. After 4 chapters the marriage is in a shambles and BOTH partners are wrecks. Neither saw it coming; Tom because he was trusting and had no reason to doubt his wife; Marianne because she had deluded herself into believing she could have her little fun on the side with there being any consequnces.

You've done such a great job of firing up firestorms of comments on this series. I now make it a point of reading comments; some can be almost as good as the stories themselves.

BTW, one last thought; why the rush in retrieving the in-house recorders? Give her plenty of chances to talk and redeem herself or dig herself into a hole so deep she'll never get out.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
hard to beleive Le Broz thinks this is GOOD

Thsi story by the time it finishes is sooo fucking bad its like a moron wrote it

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
This line seems to capture the story so far ...

"I just stared at my wife. Who WAS this person I thought I knew, who could lie so convincingly on the spur of the moment?"

Isn't that what the story is about" How could he be so wrong about his wife?

From the tape: "Hearing it again had me in tears, but she was dry-eyed." I gotta say, that's a cold woman!

And a classic response: "No, fuck you, no. After you break my heart, after you cut my balls off and stomp on them, after you look me right in the eye and lie to me, you don't get to ask me to sit quietly and listen to your stories." Wow! That's powerful!

Great writing!

Regards, DJ

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
he needs to record all of her lies

He knows that she is a prolific lair,and he can't believe a word that she speaks........Rich

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Good story. I'm not sure I liked the way it ended. He was so upset when his wife lied to him and now he is going to do the same thing (even though she deserved it).

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
"Yes, Eddie, of course it was great for me too. ... I'll never forget it either."

With this statement, there is not a husband on this planet that should/would take this bitch back! In the real world, she just put the final nail in her coffin. So why do I have the feeling that you will try to get these two back together. Maybe the real question is "Why" would you put them back together? I suspect I know the answer so let's see how you turn him into a spineless wimp...that is your plan .. right?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 13 years ago
It's about time for her to take the responsibility of her actions.

I wonder if he had been the one that cheated , how would she feel? Perhaps he needs to bring that to the table.

Tell her that he was going to cheat on her for a while, before he will start to try and get back together with her.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Well,fucking wimp,

It's about time for you to eat another creampie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
go away

Go away, this author can't wait to forgive her you are as big a cuck as anyone on this site you just try to hide it.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
typical ohio

i'm a willing cuckold chap 4

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
ignore the peanut gallery

Ohio, these guys don't come here to read stories, they come to get their wee little manhood propped up by tripping on woman-hatred and vengeance. They will take the crappiest story on the site and give it a 4+ if a woman gets burned (as evidence cf. the works of PukeDogg), and they're running down the scores and the reputation of good writers who allow for reconciliation. They call you a "cuck-writer" even though you have written a large number of stories in which there is no reconciliation, because you write among the most believable reconciliation stories on the site, serious and thoughtful. But these guys think that anyone who ever suggests that any woman could ever be forgiven for even looking at her husband the wrong way is out to shave their scanty pubic hair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Peanut Gallery = Cuck Gallery

huecuck is an admitted cuckold and lives a woman-less existence here on this comment board. Like all cuckolds, wannabe and closet alike, feel like they have been hurt or abandoned or whatever by women in their lives (mommy issues anyone?) and find temporary relief from those issues in fantasies that feature women suffering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good job of making this story about how he has hurt her feelings

Afterall she hasn't done anything wrong so why should she feel guilty. Joking aside this should probably been put in the humour category and you seem to have forgotten that they've got children that live at home.

Why hasn't Tom told her to fuck off and die? It'll be funny to see what possible reasons she can give not just for cheating but fucking another man on her wedding anniversary and then not letting her husband the man "she loves" see her naked let alone touch her, her reasons for fucking another man in the morning and then washing and expecting her husband to lick her pussy clean also how can she possibly explain how she lied and planned to continue her affair which must have lasted close to a year.

In the end it won't matter what her reasons are Ohio will have Tom take her back because he almost always writes the husband as a pussy whipped wimp.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
THE CHEATER DOESNT LIKE THE HAND SHE HAS BEEN DEALT

even though it is her game and her rules, TK U MLJ LV NV

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Never

give a cheating slut a chance to talk to you. It will only be lies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Oh shit.......

it looks like we are heading down the wimp husband path! Please for the sake of your readers do not go there Ohio! Nobody could take her back after the bold face lies!!!

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
hhahahahah

do any men write stories on this site or is it all women? Please this all heading down the its the man fault story line-worked to much, let her alone to much, not great in bed, never marry because they all feel this way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Not again!

Ohio has, on a few occasions, convinced me that the husband should take her back. Not this one! This is worse than the evidence I had on my ex-wife!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

Finally she shows up? Wow, what took her so long. Thanks.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Great story

As of right now, I don't see this as a reconciliation piece. I agree that Ohio has changed my mind on several stories and made me root for the cheater. I will have to see how this plays out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
stupid cuck

Where's the call to the attorney? No one in his right mind would ever take this piece of warm shit back.

Tim413Tim413almost 10 years ago
I also discovered

my first wife was an excellent little liar. My confrontation started about two minutes after I had my physical evidence. Since I was hoping against hope that this had not been going on, I had not prepared anything approaching a speech. I shot from the hip, "Patti, you've been screwing around." Two hours later she finally admitted it. In some ways I guess that was less painful (for me) than so many of the stories I read in LW.

searching0240searching0240almost 10 years ago
Guilt, I Don't Think So

Why do these authors assume that the wife feels any guilt? The recording of the phone call after the "thong incident", made it clear that she felt no guilt. Her only concern was not getting caught.

This husband is self-delusional. There isn't any marriage to save. This wife appears to have no redeeming characteristics.

Robert

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
give anything

She "would give anything for it not to have happened."

Yeah right, anything except for faithfulness in the first place.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Andrea

Hasn't Andrea spoken to her yet?

It might be helpful to hear her story second-hand before seeing her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I agree, cheating wives and especially this one, have zero guilt or remorse about their actions. They lie, cheat, connive, all so they can pull the wool over the eyes of the 'one they love'.

"She wasn't leaving me for Eddie. In fact, in all her conversations with him she had reminded him that her first priority was the marriage...'

Who the fuck cares? She cares so little for you she uses her little sperm catcher for other men to make use of. Fuck her...no...let someone else fuck her, from that time one.

"Tom, I am not leaving this office until you agree to talk to me. You'll have to call the police. And as they drag me out I'll tell everyone you work with how my husband has left me, won't speak to me, and won't even tell me where he's gone!"

I would have called the police. And while they were dragging her off and she was screaming, I'd be following and telling EVERYONE what she was doing. Spreading her diseased cunt around for every other guy and trying to bring it all home to me. In fact, I would press charges for attempted premeditated murder. I would say that she was doing her best to bring home AIDS so that she could kill me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
"But I'm suffering,too."

Really? The single worst wife Ohio has ever created, and he is somehow going to put them back together. I was thinking 5's until this unfolded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

"Marianne," I said calmly, "you shouldn't have come. I don't want to see you or talk to you right now."

No, that is not how you respond to a whore of a wife. Instead you say something like this:

"Hi whore, I don't have any cash right now, you'll have to wait until I can stop by an ATM. Now, please leave and go find someone else to fuck in the meantime.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Anniversary

The one that comes back to me more and more is her cheating on THEIR ANNIVERSARY so much that her husband can't be allowed to even SEE her cunt!

That is NOT the sign of a woman who truly loves her husband!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
At 8

He should be anywhere but at the house talking with her.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

I agree with KarenE and the Anon.

The Anon said how he SHOULD call the police, and when she spread her lies, follow along and say WHY he walked out on her.

As KarenE said, cheating on him so much on their ANNIVERSARY that she couldn't even let him SEE her cunt, let alone fuck her!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wimp

I would have called the police!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
he was happy???

That her priority was their marriage. Both of them are loons.

IF HER FIRST PRIORITY WAS HER MARRIAGE SHE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD AFFAIR. WOULD NOT HVE TOLD LOVER ABOUT ''HONEYMOONS'' AND THEN LET LOVER GET HER TOO SORE FOR HUSBAND ON ANNIVERSARY.

I GET FEELING THIS SERIES IS A RAAC.

NO WAY IN HELL IF SHE WAS MY WIFE

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A call

To building security or the police. Have the cunt removed. Let her talk to you? You must be fucking nuts. You know she can tell bold face lies to your face.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
OK

since I've read ahead, let's just say it. This bitch does not deserve a RAAC, but thatis what happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well I think I can see where this is headed

Somehow Tom will be made to look like the bad guy and Marianne will be made to look like the victim. Tom will feel bad and then get back together with her by somehow ignoring all of his previous feelings, thoughts, and Marianne's cheating, lies, manipulation, conversations with Eddie, and lack of trust.

How can he trust anything she says? He has admitted that she is a great convincing liar. He has admitted he does know who she is. How can he trust her explanation? She called Eddie "baby" still. On the same phone call she only seemed remorseful that she couldn't see Eddie anymore.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 7 years ago
I gave the other segments so far 4 or 5. This POS? How could you idiots

Rate it higher than one!? She moans about her suffering, and threatens him,? She deserves painful disease. What a selfish caricature of a grown adult

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Re-Reading

Well. more like skimming actually!

One thing I don't remember seeing anywhere is that apparently fucked diskwad bare back!

"I can't even imagine how angry you are with me.": - That's easy; just imagine how angry YOU would be if things we reversed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I don't know the rest of the story, but so far the husband is very very weak male. For him to even talk to her and not have divorce papers started is beyond me.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
she's just going

to lie again. He never cheated. She did so repeatedly and egregiously. Adios.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
If this is RAAC... which is probably is

He is an ultimate cuck if he gets back together with her. She lied to his face over and over again and totally has another lover. Not surprised if it will be RAAC since every story of ohio's is RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Rereading the whole thing

Having read the entire series once before, it's nice to come back to it and see the point where I found Marianne to be such an endearing character. It's not this chapter, but this one set the table to opening my mind to that possibility. Tom hearing how Marianne was broken up from people he trusts is a nice bit of shorthand on the author's part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Two things that a writer like you shouldn't have let it pass

First, she cheated and lied and he still have no idea what to do? Really? What does he need to make up his mind and file for divorce? To actually watch her fucking the guy in his bed?

Second, how incredible entitled she still is. "How long are going to make me wait?" "I'm suffering too" "get past this". She is not remorseful at all, she didn't do anything like looking for counseling or offering to tell him the whole truth. Not sure where you're heading but it looks like RAAC to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A Good Slap

What she wanted when she was coming out with her drivel when she was confronted was a good old slap around the chops. I was raised by only my Mother and she always said, if a woman needs a slap give her one, but only as hard as a woman would do it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
RaaC

I can see it now, she is so contrite, and everyone wants them back together. So much baby.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous