All Comments on 'My Interview with Mr. Troll'

by duddle146

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Funny as hell!

Troll on their tale. My favorite line in this story. I like this author sense of humor.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Good one!

Ya got a coupla little digs in here and there along with all the humour, eh?

I know I've felt many times like one anonymous is writing ten negative comments.

RedHairedandFriendlyRedHairedandFriendlyover 17 years ago
Thanks

Your story has been mentioned in the New Story Review Thread on lit's Bulletin Board in the Author's Hangout forum. Thanks. Red

SweetWitchSweetWitchover 17 years ago
Trump the Troll

Well said. Too bad the trolls will hit it hard, I have little doubt.

As a victim of these moronic and devious creatures I must say that you speak for a great many of us.

Thank you,

SW

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Now this

was well worth the five I gave it. Fantastic idea and I love the line Troll by the tale. Wonderful.

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 17 years ago
Snicker

I like your sense of humor. LOL

The only thing that bothered me a bit was the jumping from past tense to present and back again.

Talk about nitpicking. ;)

It was a fun piece.

Black Tulip

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
We've all suffered from the attacks

duddle,

Of the trogs and trolls. even as they attack us with their anonimity. Yours is a tale well told and worthy of publication. Thank you my friend. Ronnie W.

AutumnWriterAutumnWriterover 17 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for writing what many of us have felt for a long time. It's the 'anonymous' part that is the most irritating.

I hope that you're not just preaching to the choir.

LustyLee77LustyLee77over 17 years ago
Loved It

Great story, very funny but sadly these pathetic creatures do exist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
*grins*

I love you, Duddle... awesome job. Five-bomb to head off the ones.

FtF

FallingToFlyFallingToFlyover 17 years ago
"five-bombed"

You knew what I meant... I gave it the highest rating I could on the thermometer... and then realized that I had screwed it up in the phrasing. :p

FtF

tipofyourtonguetipofyourtongueover 17 years ago
Bravo

"The narration crackles and pops with incendiary wit"

I always wanted to use that line...

Of course, you get double the brownie points if you're familiar with the reference.

Very tongue in cheek. A little piss and vinegar. I was thoroughly tickled.

blondiesheartblondiesheartover 17 years ago
Damn Trolls

I loved this story! Your wit is great, darlin. And if anyone gives you a 1 or 0, you can borrow my blowtorch and can of hairspray *grins*

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Ha

This is just perfect for me today. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Blame it on "Anonymous"

Duddle:

I suppose there is some solace to be gleaned in writing and disemminating a tale with this theme. I am equally sure that it offers some therapeutic value as well. But overall I believe it to be an exercise in futility.

Most would agree that too many writers are the targets of unwarranted and inappropriate attacks from many readers. These denigrations usually are expressions of profound ignorance, rampant racism and extreme sexism. Many impugn the character of the writer and some even wish death upon that person. The initiators of such comments and sentiments are pretty much unreachable. Nothing written here is going to make any difference. It's ironic that their fervor to advance their mental myopia is so similar to the zeal for interlorance exhibited by the Religious Right.

Be that as it may, I do take umbrage to the blanket fault attributed to "Anonymous" in submissions such as this. I have never found it necessary to become a member here. I have posted many comments to many stories. Some were complimentary to the authors, some found great fault with their stories. I have seen many untoward remarks made by folks who have registered and have a "handle." It's been curious to me how that seems to make each said person a known commodity. As far as I can tell, most are not known in the 'real world' by that name which identifies them here. Further, I doubt if the vast majority would recognize any other if they were to meet on the street. It seems to me that pretty much everyone here is anonymous.

Not being a contributor, I cannot truly empathize with those who do. I can only appreciate their consternation, disgust and dismay in often having vileness and hatred directed their way. However, as with "Anonymous," there are writers whose submissions reflect little effort, much ignorance, intended polarization of readers and a pandering to the lowest common denominator. Perhaps sometime you could address those folks in one of your satires.

Philip

XyJonahXyJonahover 17 years ago
Cautionary Tale?

I'm new enough for the trolls to not have found me yet - though I'm sure they will.

And when they do, I know where to go (or come?).

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

boring

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not everyone...

...who leaves a 0 or a 1 is a troll. A lot of really grade-school stories and masturbatorily plagiaristic attempts at self-promotion deserve even less than a 0...

Not to mention the absolutely abysmal spelling - it’s frightening to find misspellings and incorrectly used words in stories where the author opens up by thanking a whole slew of so-called “editors” for their incredible efforts and massive assistance.

Talk about enstupidation of the masses...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous