All Comments on 'The Clamdigger'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaru3 months ago

This is such a beautiful story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Wonderful memory!

5

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

Wow!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AlinaXAlinaX3 months ago

This is beautiful. I love it.

tangledweedtangledweed3 months ago

MelissaBaby kills again.

jhealy55jhealy553 months ago

Wow! That was so much more than I expected when it started. Just lovely.

ShelbyDawn57ShelbyDawn573 months ago

Thank you. Words wielded with such grace can be better than oil on canvas.

ncpetencpete3 months ago

There was a lot of heart contained in those few words.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle663 months ago

You might wish you could paint. But I wish I could write ... like you do with your stories!

MigbirdMigbird3 months ago

I’ve experienced the same wish to capture a memory so it wouldn’t fade. You’ve done that in words to sustain your memory. Beautiful piece.

OmenainenOmenainen3 months ago

I believe you’ve touched me more than a painting could. Thank you for this gem.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller3 months ago

Economy of words. Vividness of imagery. Beautiful 😊. Easy 5⭐️. Emily

Cracker270Cracker2703 months ago

Wow. Beautiful writing.. I could feel the words.

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

Such a lovely story! Thank you for sharing.

Richard1940Richard19403 months ago

You don't need paints, you've created a masterpiece with words. Thank you.

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack3 months ago

That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read here.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Biker3 months ago

Beautiful. I love your writing. Thank you for sharing. 5 stars.

Rob_RoyaleRob_Royale3 months ago

I think you painted it just fine. A wonderfully sweet memory.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun3 months ago

Absolutely beautiful, so touching.

Seeker81Seeker813 months ago

Wonderful. Your words painted a perfect picture.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter3 months ago

Some people paint with a brush, holding a pallet full of colours they transfer to a canvas. Some people paint with vivid words and phrases, endowing thoughts and images to words that others can interpret and visualize. Art, in its essence, is the transfer of a bit of our souls into the presence of others. You are an artist, never fear.

LitCritLitCrit3 months ago

Melissa - visit local art fairs and art show openings, find an artist whose work sings to you, grips a bit of your soul, talk to him/her and describe the vision you have just related, and you just may get to see the painting you desire. visual artists are often adept at creating and recreating work from imagination and memory! Oh, and Good Story!

ElectricBlueElectricBlue3 months ago

What do you mean, "wish you could paint"? You just did.

I've said before, out of all of us, you need to find a publisher. That was exquisite. Thank you.

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemi3 months ago

Wowsers!!! That was lovely!!!! 5-stars!!

MidwaymackMidwaymack3 months ago

Awesome. Absolutely awesome. And we needn't have worried that you would have the girl abducted, the mother attacked, the car roll into the ocean, etc. It was just the image in your memory, and worth more than any melodrama another author might have injected. And the details you just threw away make me think this was a real memory for you... the gulls rising from their roost nearly in unison, as they would when they see a fisherman or forager returning, hoping they might get some scrap food thrown their way.

CoucyCoucy3 months ago

I see her. That's a beautiful memory. Letting us paint it in our minds might be the most effective way to show it.

djripdjrip3 months ago

Thank you for sharing this shimmering shard of self with us. Lovely.

elizalooelizaloo3 months ago

You have painted her with words. As others have said, I could see your mother through your eyes, and you painted her brilliantly with those words. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, you painted a beautiful picture with just 750 words.

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking3 months ago

I too owe my parents more than I can ever repay. I'm glad I had the opportunity to read this.

Victoria14xsVictoria14xs3 months ago

Agree with everyone else - beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Words are often the best brushes. This was beautiful.

JJ1961JJ19613 months ago

A wonderful tribute to a brave mother!

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

You did something magical -- showed us the vision of your mother in all her glory using nothing but words.

DreamingofDemonsDreamingofDemons3 months ago

Wish you could paint? You just painted a vivid scene of understanding, appreciation, and beauty in 750 words. And you immersed your readers in the canvas.

Bronco56Bronco563 months ago

A very beautiful story

5stars

PurplefizzPurplefizz3 months ago

That is a powerful 750 words MB, to convey that scene, in that moment, that you have in your minds eye, described so that it makes me wish I had been there with you to see that private memory, I can almost smell the mud and the ozone.

Phenomenal writing, if only we had a daily “Double Score” button Scrabble style to punch, you’d get mine today. Many thanks for both writing and posting, regards, Ppfzz.

fatdrunkandstupidfatdrunkandstupid3 months ago

I am so jeaolus of your talent and your vision

Cindy1001Cindy10013 months ago

You did a wonderful job, you painted that moment, through the events leading up to it, very lively and masterly shared your emotions with us, humble readers. Thank you!

SexecclecticSexecclectic2 months ago

You are gifted. You have the ability to put dynamic pictures in a readers mind. You do have an artists touch

mildcolonialboymildcolonialboy2 months ago

An excellent example of how to write a 750 word story. A single episode that says so much.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo2 months ago

Beautiful imagery.

xMulexMuleabout 2 months ago

5*

Beautiful portrait of a loving mother.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Another MB classic. TY.

THBGatoTHBGatoabout 2 months ago

Wow! Really powerful writing. I also loved the unity of this story. Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

You paint with words. We can all see what you saw and remember.

chytownchytownabout 1 month ago

*****750 will always be Beautiful in my mind after reading this GEM!!!! What a wonderful picture drawn with 750 words. Thanks for sharing.

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 1 month ago

Few things in this life surpass a mother's capacity to work hard and sacrifice for her children. Lovely pictures with several heartfelt moments- - especially the one where she sees some kind of aura around her mother- - and it's something so fleeting like sometimes missing the perfect angle and lighting on a sunset in less than 5 Seconds. Great story, and worth a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Brilliant stunning story. Such an evocative image. You've painted the picture in my mind even if not done visually. One of the very best submissions I've read on here and all the more impressive for doing it in such a short format. The mum in this story is an absolute hero and I hope that as life goes on she got her reward for being such a great woman. BardnotBard

TrambakTrambak10 days ago

One word.

Brilliant.

Thanks NTH for recommending this.

JH4FunJH4Fun10 days ago
There are no words. (But that is not going to stop me from trying to describe)

I just read this. I read it because NoTalentHack (NTH) suggested to read this one tale from you.

As I read it I could see the Maryland Eastern shore or maybe a shore of Ireland or England where someone would go clamming. I have watched the sun rise around the globe and I have seen the beauty of it as it passed those enjoying the scene.

But nowhere could I have expressed the love in shown in the image you created.

Thank you NTH for recommending this tale to be consumed.

But I offer a greater thanks to the wonderful creator of the tale. MelissaBaby, thank you for sharing your creativeness with us. I look forward to consuming your existing productions and any future ones you should choose to share with us.

This one earned the Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating I gave it.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

Omart57Omart5710 days ago

Absolutely Beautiful! Thank you, MelissaBaby! Great story!

TechumsahTechumsah10 days ago

Just wow. Great story.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now10 days ago

You are able to paint - with words.

I believe you captured that beauty in this work. (And - you didn't need a thousand words to do it. :) )

Norway_1705Norway_170510 days ago

Amazing! You are very talented, don't stop writing and publishing!

Reading your words to us feels like we can smell the scent of the sea and feel the temperature of the air.

Maybe every child would like to be able to help mom with chores and with small jobs?

EastCoaster1EastCoaster19 days ago

So you know, NoTalentHack mentioned you and this story at the end of a post in Non-Erotic today... and considering what I think of him, I HAD to come here to see why.

Now I know.

5 stars, a follow, and a promise to read your other work on Lit

This was a beautiful story, and whether or not it's true, it was very moving, and descriptive of the emotions that young child felt.

Very nicely done...

69gman69gman9 days ago

All five stars turned golden... You captured my exact feelings concerning my own mother. Thank you for penning this story.

"In that brief moment, I believe that I saw not her physical form, but her soul. She was not just a woman at her labors, but the goddess who had given me life and sustained it. My nurturer. My protectress."

nyc1975nyc19759 days ago

NTH did you a great favor by directing me, and many others here. In writing, two things are extremely difficult. The lesser is maintaining a novel or novella length narrative. The greater is capturing the story completely with the fewest words. You have done this. I grew up in New England and know the clam flats, but your word painting told the story of a life in 750 words. Remarkable.

Calico75Calico759 days ago

Excellent. Thank you.

16GaDouble16GaDouble8 days ago

NTH suggested this one as a great read.

He was right!

Appropriately awarded.

tennesseeredtennesseered6 days ago

Strong work. Straight from the heart. 5*

tarl009tarl0093 days ago

Wow! Perfectly written. Not a wasted word. Thank you for writing this. Thanks to NTH for recommending

duepassioniduepassioni2 days ago

NTH did us all a great favor by pointing us to this story and this writer. Thank you, NTH. THANK YOU FOR THIS, MB!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
944 Followers
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

SIMILAR Stories