All Comments on 'The Old Red Truck'

by NorthernNewEnglandGuy

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
francemanfranceman11 days ago

Excellent. Thank you very much.

reader1000reader100011 days ago

Pleasant story, well-written. Good backstories and sense of place.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 days ago

Another great story. You do have the touch for creating such interesting characters!

5

woodrangewoodrange11 days ago

very cool story 5 stars

stewartbstewartb11 days ago

As they say, "Keep on truckin" !

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 days ago

Wish it had been longer. What happened to his mom? That was the only plot line that made no sense. 4.5*

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum10 days ago

You have captured the lifestyle of rural northern New Englanders in this and other stories.. I’ve seen many of the scenes you have depicted from the 50’s 60/s and 70’s. In my lifetime. Great memories!!!

afosi2604afosi260410 days ago

A well written story that is light and airy by design. More depth could/would have caused it to lose its charm. Glad I took the opportunity to read it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Great story well written. I am curious though there was no closure concerning Craig’s Mom just wondering

RFFASTRFFAST10 days ago

Excellent story. Most of us have a vehicle that is prominent in our early love lives, so this certainly brought several smiles to my face. The multi-generational aspect was well done and enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

"We were all very saddened to see such a force of nature expire"- Very sweet..5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

A very good tale, spent many times at my grandparents dairy/crop farm. This brought back memories - thank you.

5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

"Bob!"

"Don't 'Bob' me."

Beautiful story. 5 Points

RRC2RRC210 days ago

Excellent. If I say it was too short please understand it is not a complaint so much as me being greedy and wanting more. More of Betty, more of her Bob. More of all of them.

No, I don't care about the mother.

This is a great story and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

THANKS

Ravey19Ravey199 days ago

Very enjoyable.

NorthernNewEnglandGuyNorthernNewEnglandGuy9 days agoAuthor

Thanks to all of you for the positive comments. They make the time and energy to write worthwhile. To anonymous and Demosthenes384bc, I started to write about Craig's mom, couldn't make it fit in with the rest of the story, and ultimately dropped it as not adding to the plot. I attempted closure with Betty saying: "Adults sometimes do things that even other adults can't understand. "

Guy

Uze2bUze2b7 days ago

I am a greedy man.....Such a fantastic story it could (read that as a selfish "should") have gone on for pages. Very well done!

Davester37Davester377 days ago

This is a sweet story, well told. The characters are interesting, likable, believable, and well-developed. The plot is simple and predictable, but compelling and upbeat. The setting is well-described and familiar to this old Yankee. The editing seems flawless to me. I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

BlissMaraBlissMara3 days ago

A very enjoyable read on this Sunday afternoon. Your characters are charming, believable, and fun getting to know. Excellent job!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNorthernNewEnglandGuy@NorthernNewEnglandGuy
Just an old romantic at heart. Most of my stories are romances that develop over time. Since they are romances, it’s a given that the two main characters are likely to end up in a relationship and, since this is Literotica, there’s likely to be sex. I try to create interesti...