All Comments on 'Home is Where The Heart Is'

by lovecraft68

Sort by:
  • 647 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

absolutly superb story

chastenchastenabout 12 years ago
Nice romance

I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great story.

Great job. Next time I see a person at the light looking for a handout. I will see them in a differant way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Any way to vote more than 5?

Great story! Wish I could give it a lot more than 5 stars. Thanks for the experience!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thanks for that ray of hope!!

In today's world, this was the nicest thing I have read in a long time! Keep writing!!

SunshineChica73SunshineChica73about 12 years ago

If I could give you more than 5 Stars I would. I hope this isn't a one time thing because I plan to add you and your story to my favorite and hope that you submit another great story soon. Job well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Beautiful story.

Hope the next installment is as good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well worth the time.

I almost clicked out of this when I saw how long it was, but the opening paragraph caught my eye and I started it. I have to say this read as if it were half the length! The story was well told and I was both smiling and at times ready to cry. Once you got there the sex was hot and I loved the touch of Paula being embarrassed at the end. Hell of a job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
plus another 5 stars for incredible,

here THE STORY builds up the climax way better than the wam bam stuff

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Great story .. more please

r_d_txnr_d_txnabout 12 years ago
Very nice

Well written ... great emotion ... a good tease ... applause ....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Really sweet

Romantic and sexy.

sleeplessgurlsleeplessgurlabout 12 years ago
Great story

Fantastic character development and romance. Although it could have used a proofreader, the story was so lovely I overlooked the typos and gave you five stars anyway. Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Your intro was spot on ...

where you said "For those of you who know me, well this will be about as different of a story as I could possibly write, ..."

This was indeed different, but was as good as anything of yours I have read, and better than many of them. Well-paced, and I'm glad you didn't feel any need to keep it down to an arbitrary number of pages, but let the story itself decide. A five qualifies as a no-brainer on this one - it would have been 10 on a scale of 5 if Lit allowed me to do it.

Lit ID: Tyro999

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Fantastic

this is the best story that I've ever read. it had me from the beginning. i came whilst reading it cause it was so intense

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Terrific!

You write a rich story, with conflicted characters and emotional motivations. Your writing is refreshing and new in a field that has far too much of the same old, same old. I'm going to read the rest of your writings, and await further ones with impatience!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Encore please

Don't often comment but this was superb. You tied up the story perfectly - please give us a sequell - as some else has said 10 out of 5 and you deserve to win.

ANON 47

sketty_langlandsketty_langlandabout 12 years ago
This is the first...

This is the first of your stories I have read, but it certainly won't be the last. This is exactly what erotic literature should be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Best I've read in ages

Superb job! Very good story line and very well put together. You are a very talented writer! As a man I really enjoy this type of story. The "wham,bam not even a thank you mam" just does not cut it but this........is a true work of art!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent Story

This has to be the best story that I have read here! Keep writing this caliber of story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow

It was a great story on many levels. Long but more than worth the time. Feel good about your effort and the heart that you must have to write like you did.

hodunkhodunkabout 12 years ago
Superb Story

WOW! I loved this story from the first word. What an Author you are! Excellant writing and super touching story. MORE PLEASE

ToadenToadenabout 12 years ago
Loved it!

Absolutely loved it! Pleas write more similar to it or continue and make it a long series. Thanks for the great read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great

An excellent story. I enoyed every line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow!

What can I say? This is an excellent story. Very, very well done!

kriss4912kriss4912about 12 years ago
Yes WOW

A well told sensitive story told with a true feeling for both Paula and Jamie.. Great story

elspethsheynaelspethsheynaabout 12 years ago

Loved every word. Your portrayal of life and of the human "heart" was spot on. Your characters were touching and real. I wished it hadn't ended. Hopefully we'll be lucky enough for you to do a follow up story of what happens in the future, and the fallout when family and friends find out. Thanks for a wonderful read.

DawnzoDawnzoabout 12 years ago
I hope you win!!

Wonderful story!! Very hot,but also very emotional...I have a tear in my eye and a smile on my face.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
best written, good used of words.

well written, very realatic story line. good read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
excellent

Really enjoyed the story. You are a a first class writer, as the story builds well, and even though there appears to be an obvious conclusion, it is riveting, and keeps you into the plot. Keep up the good work!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very Very Good

I thought this was an excellent story. It took me over a day to read it, because I had to do other things, but I definitely had to get back to finish it. Well written, great story line, emotional, and hot. I have been reading stories for over a year & this is the first time I have commented. Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Damn....

I enjoyed your story a lot!

Close to one of the best Romance stories I've read on Lit, and I've read a lot of them.

If this is your first attempt at Romance..the only problem i can see will be that we the readers will want more of this type of writing from you!

Thank you, I hope you win for such a touching and heartfelt story at a time of the year where we all wish we had or could meet someone like "Paula".

Thank you!

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 12 years ago
Excellent

In terms of plot, predictable - but the writing is so good you just don't care. Erotic and romantic ending. She needs to get her tubes untied and punch out a few more rug rats. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
loved it

I usually do'nt comment on this kind of story but yours is one of the best i have read,

keep at it and i will keep reading,both of us will be happy.

CatBrownCatBrownabout 12 years ago
Wonderful

As a competitor of yours in this contest, I hope you take this as the extreme compliment it is, but you should win. I have read almost every submission to the contest, and while a couple have been very good, I have not generally agreed with the comments left for them. Yours is the exception. Everyone is right, this is a well thought out and well written story (though a good editor would make it even better, ex. replace "lied" with "lay".)

I hope the gurus are wrong and the votes cast by the other competitors aren't swept away from final scores, because I have been honest in my scoring, including giving you a five.

Best of luck in the competition, and in all things.

Cat Brown

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Absolutely Great

I have't been reading these stories very long but this one really touched me. Great lead in and the ending could not have been better. Keep up the good work and I will read each of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Please do not let this be your last romnce. It is one of the best I have had the privilage to read. It is a great story well written and very plausable. Keep up the good work

oldwayneoldwayneabout 12 years ago
What a beautiful love story! What an outstanding author!

I am so glad I found you and hope to read many more of your stories. Thank you so much for having written this. Five Stars!

bluewillybluebluewillyblueabout 12 years ago
One of your best!

This was a long story, but one of the best I have ever read! Great job, would love to see a chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

As a died in the wool romantic,I must tell you that I lived much of that for real and you pitched it so well I was in tears at times remembering the facts.

shanleyboyshanleyboyabout 12 years ago
great story

this is a pretty damn good story, I really hope you win the contest. I dont think anyone else could do a better job. i'd love to give more than 5stars if possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Awesome !!!

The best so far, great builup and the sex was phenomenal... Well Done !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
unbelievable

This story is unbelievabel. BEST story i´ve ever read. Six stars for this!!

YamiBoyYamiBoyabout 12 years ago
^__^

Great story. Nice work, thanks! ^__^

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great story romance at it's best

Great job it held my attention because it was so believable.

Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent story but so different for you

Lovie, this story is about as far from your other stories as you can get but it shows what a talented writer you are because it's as great as all of your others. Keep up writing and sharing the good stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
This is now one of my favorites.

Great story and better ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent

I loved the pace of the story and the focus on a budding relationship based not on sex but culminating there. You have talent. Thanks.

estragonestragonabout 12 years ago
A Very Fine Story

Much different, as many have remarked, from your usual. But very good; so good, in fact, that it is three a.m., I'm supposedly on vacation, and I just spent most of the last two days that I would have used surfing the internet, quibbling this story. Quibbles follow via "Send Feedback". And I gave it a plug on my "Embarras de Richesse" thread on the SF BB.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
loved it

After the SWB series it was nice to see you trying something different. It was a great read and I enjoyed it very much. Best of luck for the valentine day story contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
can't get enough of it

One of the best stories I've read. i do hope there will be 'part 2'...

gravyruggravyrugabout 12 years ago
A lovely story

I could wish for better editing, and perhaps a bit more dialog. Also, learn how to use the word "than." That's nit-picking, though. I really did enjoy it.

farthmaulfarthmaulabout 12 years ago

Glad to see that you're writing stories that aren't as dark as SWB. Great story by the way, but there's so much more to be explored.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
more

While this was written for a contest and was most likely intended to be a one and done...it needs more.

These characters deserve to have their whole story told.

fefe428fefe428about 12 years ago
Beautiful Story

This was a wonderful story that was beautifully written. I really enjoyed the sweet message that it contained as well. I think it is one that is too often forgotten in this day and age. Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nice

Amazing finally a proper romance just what valentines day, not just great sex but about making people happy now matter how small the gesture

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Beautiful

That was a great story, erotica and prose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good story! Thanks!

Loved it! :) I'm a sucker for romance and a happy ending - that the story is also hot is almost beside the point. Thank-you, sir, for writing. :)

litfan10litfan10about 12 years ago
Perfectly done

A wonderful, sweet story. You develop the characters perfectly to the point that they don't just get into each other's hearts, but very much into the reader's as well. This is definitely one of those "shit! I wish I had written something this well done" stories for me. Great, great story.

slave_slave_about 12 years ago
Beautiful...

Absolutely beautiful! Your writing is amazing! I wanted to stop reading in the beginning because it was hard to take it all in without feeling overwhelmed. I smiled and was hopeful reading his mantra, "It will get better than this", that he will be alright. Funny how a wonderfully crafted story can make me feel hopeful to what life may bring. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wonderful!

This was THE complete Love Story! Great job, and Happy Valentine's to you and all your other readers! Again....wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
AWWWWWWWEEEESSOOOOOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!!..

i think u were superb in ur composing brother...i simply loved it and i seriously cant put my appreciation in words..the protagonist and paula ...thr cudnt hav bin a better valentine pair....i was goin to vote for the 5 stars ..sm erratic keyboard button made it fell to only 3...so i am sorry..u rock brother..u really do..

As u said the authors earning here are only the votes and comments....likewise a reader also wants to b in touch with such kind of an author...would love to hear frm u amigos....

affykhan01@gmail.com

kudos to u brother....take my bow!!!

waiting in anticipation fr ur reply....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Sweet story. Nothing wrong with that.

faithful101faithful101about 12 years ago
Wonderful!

What a fabulous story! As a card-carrying male, I can't help seeing Paula as a wonderful, warm, beautiful, deeply loving, and generally supremely desirable woman. Indeed, she is a saviour as well the kind of genuine human being I find completely irresistable. In Jamie's place, I would fall passionately in love with her. I would consider myself so fortunate and so blessed. The physical acts of the last few pages merely intensify the already violent attraction I have to this woman as the kind of person I would cherish in my life and want to spend the remainder of my life with. In Jamie's place, I would be delerious and literally crying with joy.

This reaction is genuine. I know because these are pretty much the same emotions I experience daily with my wonderful wife. Our actual circumstances have almost nothing in common with Jamie and Paula's, but the same deep love prevails and arises from how we react to and treat each other. I cherish her, and I am happy to say that she fully understands and appreciates my feelings, and reciprocates them.

Thank you for writing this story. You have touched, and enhanced, my life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Heartfelt

Great story. I love your writing style, you can go from down and dirty stories to sweet and heartfelt.

secretary1369secretary1369about 12 years ago
You got me.

Ok. I want to start by saying that in spite of myself, I am a huge fan. Your, er, subject matter (usually) is not what I go for, but, somehow, I keep finding myself compelled to keep reading, because you write one hell of a story. I couldn't put down "sibs with benefits" despite incest not being my thing, because the story and the characters were fantastic.

Thank you for this one. You made my day.

MoheekoMoheekoabout 12 years ago
if that was your shot at romance...

you nailed it, i was wishing it was longer towards the end though.

Cristeta1891Cristeta1891about 12 years ago
loved it!

Excellent story. Loved the characters and the overall message. I will definitely be reading more of your work. 5 stars!

Chiara23Chiara23about 12 years ago
incredible

As a competitor I feel totally inadequate. My stories lean toward romance but i can't compete with a story this well crafted. Aside from a few spelling and grammar issues this was phenomenal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Call this a Romance for Valentine's Day??

No! No! No!

This was one of the finest love stories ever written!

How wonderfully you developed their relationship to the most amazing and only ending there could be. Competition or not, you have given us a true winner for you have won OUR hearts as well as each winning the other's heart.

Thank you

nepo in nz

PS 'alwayswantedto' recommended this - and no wonder!

JennyBearJennyBearabout 12 years ago
WHOA!

TY, its been a while since a story moved me so much.

cocputcocputabout 12 years ago
Speechless

Frankly speaking, I would have missed this if 'alwayswantedto' hadn't mentioned it.

Having said that, right now i feel like kissing your hands, as if you were a Pharoah, a true incarnation of God come down to earth just to fill the hearts of mankind with happiness.

This story is something that touches heart and soul; though did touch myself in the middle. Stories don't usually bring tears to my eyes, and this one did. Your rendition of the emotional outbursts of Jamie talked more about character, morality and personality, than a mere attempt to bring out an image of a confident industrious person having just a bad phase in life. Even after taking into consideration your style, at no point in time did this look like a 'sex story' or a graphically erotic description; yet as a reader i felt the arousal grow in me as if I were part of the character.

You just made my day, and thank you.

LaRascasseLaRascasseabout 12 years ago
Departure from your usual style but brilliant nevertheless

Beautifully crafted, flawless imagery, good flow and such a skill with emotions. All in all, a brilliant story by any standard.

thezingerthezingerabout 12 years ago
Very touching

Great story telling with involving characters, which makes the sex satisfying at the end. Thank you for a moving read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Took awhile

But I liked it and thought it was a great story. Very sweet

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
KUDOS!

I guess I'm really late to the party but KUDOS! You did it again!

jjjohns

I don't think I'm a member anymore but I still drop by to see what you're up to now and then.

thegreatbeastthegreatbeastabout 12 years ago
The real winner is here.

Although I am a huge fan of your darkness laden SWB series. I believe this may be your best work yet. To be able to elevate yourself above your usual melancholy writing and vicious sex scenes to come up with such a touching tale is a trues indication of your talent.

This story is the true winner of the Valentine's day contest. Not that my opinion counts, but following the tag line in your avatar I am simply giving the devil his due.

horndog_2007horndog_2007about 12 years ago
Amazing story

This story was absolutely amazing. I typically don't read stories this length, but decided to read this one. I was very happy I did. The storyline evolved at a great pace from beginning to end. Great Job!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
FANTASTIC

I dont mean to shout, but that is exactly what i think about your story, it is one of the best i have read in here. This is the first time I have ever commented on a story but like I said it was fantastic. Thank you

Sunamoon37Sunamoon37about 12 years ago
I dont know how...

I missed this story.. as you know how i love your work. but i did and you've been on my mind so i came to look to see if i had missed a new addition..and found this beautiful story. It hit home in so many ways.. yeah you got me i cried at the loving sweetness of a gentleman and a lady who deserves to be loved truly for who she is. i can't express how well written this is and how wonderful it feels to read something like this from you. Your heart shines through.. Incredibly filled with love and understanding. please write some more romantic tales like this..

Be Well Dear Lovecraft- Suna

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A very special story well worth sharing.

Jerry in Washington state, USA - I most enjoy stories where I can care about the characters - your story definitely accomplished that. I love it when two "damaged souls" find each other and help heal each other. My wife is not a Literotica fan, but I am able to convince her to read a favorite story - although rarely. She loves your story also - which is high praise indeed! Thanks for a wonderful, caring story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Heart warming

Your story hits home.love the story cant wait to read more stories ffom you like this.thumbs up

chi344dcchi344dcabout 12 years ago
Thank you

Love this story, very moving and hit home where the heart is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great!

A beautiful love story with real people.

LaLaLadidahGirlLaLaLadidahGirlabout 12 years ago
Not Bad

Well, this is a very interesting story. I usually hate stories about a younger guy/girl with a much older partner, but I'll make an exception for this one. You didn't make the age difference as awkward as most other people do. Both Jamie and Paula had their doubts about it, but I guess the cliché "true love" ruled it out as a problem. Your story itself was very sweet and a bit heartwarming. I liked your outline of this story in general- I just felt that the beginning mini story-within-a-story was a bit too long and instead distracted the reader from the real story. I love the characters and their backgrounds (except the children of Aunty and Paula- too frustratingly asshole-y than I can handle), especially Jamie's. The one main problem I have with your writing is your grammar, usage, spelling, etc errors: I have noticed MANY within this story. I've seen the incorrect use of "to" and other basic words on many occasions, sadly enough. I guess I somewhat understand the laziness that comes with writing a long story, though. And another thing- Jamie is a poor but smart man (from what I've gathered). He didn't need to spend the money on cards and flowers and haircuts. He could simply find a piece of paper somewhere (trashcans, recycle bins, library almost-blank flyers, etc; he could also simply ask for one- I'm sure many places would give him one for free) and markers (or go into a art store and use their trial/try-me pens, for ex) and make his own card for no or little money. And for haircuts, I'm sure Jamie could give it a go himself. If not, he probably knows decent haircutters (friends?) who would do it for free or close to it. Basically, my point is that in a real survival situation, a guy like Jamie would probably find better, cheaper solutions. But regardless of all my comments, I really enjoyed your writing. My only suggestion is to proof-read or get a friend to edit. I think your "attempt at a little romance" was to avail. (:

17 :D's / 23 :D's

Keep it up!

~ LaLaLadidahGirl <3

markellymarkellyabout 12 years ago
Great...

A damn good read and thanks for posting this. Sorry it took me so long to find it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Fantastic!

This is such a lovely break from all the rest of the stories because it's about two people who care for each other and fall in love. I could not stop reading it way past my bedtime.

I was very touched and delighted to see two people get something that they deserved. In this world it is far too rare to meet people who before anything else are sensitive and caring and it's great when that sex is fabulous too.

Thanks so much for a great story with HEART!

Dan

harvingerharvingeralmost 12 years ago

That was a great story. Really enjoyed the way you introduced the characters to us,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great

Engaging, well developed. Now how do I meet a woman like this?

surenderme08surenderme08almost 12 years ago
Super!

One of my guilty pleasures is romance novels. I love a romantic story with a happy ending. I was hoping she would invite him in, and I think they will make each other very happy. The sex was very hot.

tiger2012tiger2012almost 12 years ago
Great story

I LOVED this story. How he became poor to finding love with an older woman. The story was realistic, How you devolved the characters was fantastic. I want to find love like that. I believe this is your best story you've ever written

harristharristalmost 12 years ago
Excellent

Maybe I'm getting sentimetal in my old age, I think that story would make a really great "chick-flick". Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
the characters

Thank you for a sweet story. I appreciated most the good qualities of the heart that your characters displayed in their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
wonderful!

I'm a sentimental Pisces and love a story that can bring a tear to my eye and this one had such a happy ending. Thank you!

MSTarotMSTarotalmost 12 years ago
Alive

i could feel the cold air, the humiliation he was feeling at what he had to do and the warmth of a caring hand out stretched. Very very well wrote.

fefe428fefe428almost 12 years ago
Great....

This is the second time I read this story, and it was just as good the second time around. It was sweet and sexy and so heart warming in the end. I love how you bring your characters to life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Sweet

I really like this, warm tale worthy on a cold day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Amazing

I was in tears reading this story. I am so glad I happened across it. Just amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow

You reduced this heart-hardened old man to tears. Thank you for the reminder of what we really should be valuing in this life. I guess it's time for me to lower the walls and see what's out there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Truly Inspirational.

This is the only submission of this author i have read and to say i am impressed is a monumental understatement.Fantastically well developed characters and seductive build-up of the plot.Lovecraft68.will be one of my favourite authors from now on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlovecraft68@lovecraft68
22264 Followers
My Patreon is only one tier and an affordable $5. If you even want to sign up for just one month, and consider it a form of a tip, its greatly appreciated. Posting some sneak peeks of upcoming stories. If you want to see them before anyone else, sign up to be a Patreon suppo...