All Comments on 'A College Lecture, A Case Study'

by otis_from_helotes

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
mel_pomenemel_pomenealmost 11 years ago
A masterly follow up to Professor Fleming ...

Very well done, otis_from_helotis. We have a clear idea now of where this story is going, and it is making excellent progress. I look forward to reading just how the next semester unfolds - I am sure it will be quite fascinating!

Thank you, five stars and please bring us more of it!

JogrindeJogrindealmost 11 years ago
Wow, that was put together well!

A very interesting story and proposition, well written and thought out! Interesting if the Professor ends up with a sub student!

Steve150177Steve150177about 10 years ago
Why slavery is imoral.

I think that slavery is immoral for 3 reasons.

1] How it hurts the slaves.

2] How it damages the "hearts" of the owners.

and

3] How it hurts society as a whole.

Slavery retards economic progress, why develop a better way to do something when you have slaves who need make-work projects to keep them "out of trouble"? Progress took off after the Black Death undermined the pillars of the serf labor system. Have we reached the point where we need/want to stifle progress?

Slaves do not solve the unemployment problem. Killing [with work or directly] excess slaves would do this though.

On a different note -- the problem with the US/Western-World's economy is not what Fleming said. It is a lack of sufficient taxes on the wealthy to encourage them to share their ill gotten wealth with everyone else and keep the deficit to modest proportions. Although qualitative easing is as you say a very poor substitute for adequate taxation. Many historians have said that lack of taxes on the rich led to the French Revolution.

Through the 40s, 50s, and 60s the US/Western-World's economy worked just fine. It is a result of ongoing efforts and substantial success of the rich to undermine and roll-back the New Deal that has led us to where we are.

It is Republican Presidents and policies that have run up the accumulated national debt, not the Democrats since Regan [or before for that matter].

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Philosophically, I agree with you, Steve150177

But always, just when I think the world is changing for the better, reality steps in, so I am getting to the point where I would not be surprised by anything that happens, anymore. Maybe I am finally growing up and facing reality, or maybe I am just too tired, trying to hold up the burden of idealism.

As far as otis' story goes, like Sharon, I, too, might become fearful, living in a world where I am one step away from becoming chattel.

But then I get wet, imagining my inner nature being revealed as Sharon's was, being dragged ignominiously through the halls of justice naked and shackled, where I was once a respected lawyer, and being led by a law enforcement officer, naked and collared, to be put on display in front of a lecture hall filled with students who are my betters, because they all have a status I can never regain.

So I am voting with my submissive cunt's fantasy.

5 stars *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Enslavement should really be about those failing to live in society: Criminals, homeless, those with mounting depts or volunteers. Not about sexual preference (submissives).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous