A God Called Bruce Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bruce excused himself, saying he needed to install the bars and the barbeque area on the terrace of the pub. I was on my own again with nothing to do. Looking around I spied Betty and Marge on the pub's terrace. They were studying two architectural models on a large table when I approached. One was a model of a native village as we had seen on the other planet, the second was what looked like a medieval farm house with several outbuildings.

"You are just in time," Marge said when she noticed me. "Have a look at this."

"What am I looking at?"

"This one here," she pointed at the model of the native village, "is the kind of thing you want me to build for the delegation. Betty is dead set against it, she wants something like a traditional farm house in keeping with the architecture of the town."

"I know you mean well," said Betty. "You want these people to feel at home when they come here. Building a replica village is not a good idea though. There are other ways to make them feel comfortable, better ways.

"You want these people to integrate into your community eventually. Setting up a reservation is not going to do it. Let them live in houses like everyone else. By all means give them familiar things from their own world, like furniture, kitchen gear, tools and agricultural implements. Things they are used to. Things that will make them feel at home. Treat them as equals, not as curiosities."

I had to admit Betty had something there.

"The farm house is for later," she continued. "I want it built before they arrive. I need to be able to show the delegation where their people would work if some decide to settle here. The delegation itself will stay in town, next to the pub and our people. They seem to be a gregarious mob, they will want to eat and play with everyone else."

"You are right, Betty. I told you you had a free hand, go for it."

I spent the rest of the day checking out the progress in town, looking over Vulcan's forge and inspecting the brewery building, so far empty.

At the evening meal Bruce announced breakfast would be on the pub terrace from now on. I had a couple of drinks with Bruce after the meal and went home. Kia was nowhere to be seen. I went to bed on my own for a change.