An Affair I'll Remember

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,720 Followers

The way it works is you have permanent seating arrangements throughout the cruise. For breakfast, lunch and dinner you would be seated with the same group of people. Of course there were other restaurants throughout the ship if you wanted something more simple to eat. You could also have room service bring you your meal.

Since all meals were included most guests ate in the main dining room if they stayed on board. We sat at a table with three other couples. Henry and Eleanor were celebrating their fortieth wedding anniversary. Carl and Judy I later found out weren't married and neither were Tony and Pia. I'll tell you more about them later.

We ordered what we wanted for dinner and talked with the other guests at our table. I told Henry that we were celebrating our twenty-fifth anniversary. Carl looked over at Mary and said how he couldn't believe that Mary could be married that long. He asked if she was a child bride.

Then I had to hear all the complements for Mary and what a lucky guy I was. Carl had said he wondered why Mary had married such an older man. He figured I must have had money. Of course Mary laughed and said, "She wished."

I could already tell Carl was going to be a problem. Tony and Pia were a little quieter letting Carl do most of the talking. Carl had already suggested that we all hit the main lounge for some music and dancing after dinner.

Henry and Eleanor bowed out gracefully saying how they wanted to go out on the deck and relax. To be honest I would have preferred that too but Mary jumped right in and said we would love to go to the lounge. Judy didn't say much but stared at me a few times. Tony and Pia were just going to do whatever Carl wanted.

I'll jump ahead a little bit here and tell you about Carl, Judy, Tony and Pia. I had gotten most of my information from Judy while Mary and Carl were dancing.

Judy was a waitress in Pittsburg. She was forty-two and I would say quite attractive. I had to wonder what she was doing with Carl who was thirty-eight and quite arrogant. They just didn't seem to match up. Although from a women's point of view Carl would be considered a hunk, I'm sure. Handsome and later as I found out he had the six pack abs.

"How did you and Carl meet?" I asked Judy.

"We're not a couple. Carl is a regular at our restaurant. He would always flirt and he did seem nice. I know he's arrogant but he was always nice to me."

"I didn't mean to imply anything..." I started to say when Judy cut me off.

"He asked me out a number of times and I always refused. I've never been married and don't really date all that often. Carl told me that he and a friend each had two tickets for a cruise which they were given for being top in their sales. They both work for a pharmaceutical company. They mainly sell to doctors, clinics and hospitals.

"Carl asked if I wanted to go on the cruise with him. It wouldn't cost me anything. I'm not stupid and knew I'd have to have sex with him but he's easy on the eyes and that wouldn't be that big of a price to pay. It wasn't like I was a virgin or against sex. He told me I wouldn't have to do anything I didn't want to do.

"I thought it was a pretty good deal and said, yes. He asked me if I had a friend that might like to go with Tony. He's only thirty and would probably want someone younger. He had recently broken up with his girlfriend.

"Carl mentioned that the same rules would apply to any woman that went with us. I liked the idea because it meant I would have a friend along. I've known Pia for a few years. She's twenty-seven and a waitress and dancer at an area lounge. I've known she was kind of wild and would jump at the chance to go on a free cruise to the Bahamas.

"So here we are. I think Carl was a bit smitten when he saw Pia. She is pretty good on the eyes. He probably wishes he was with her instead of me. Needless to say Tony couldn't have been happier. We flew here from Pittsburg. I hope it all works well, I could use a little vacation."

"So, you and Carl are just friends?" I asked.

"Yes, I don't think it will go any further than that. He's way too much of a playboy for me. This cruise was just a nice getaway for me," replied Judy.

The six of us entered the lounge and all sat together. I asked Mary to dance and took her hand. I'm not much of a dancer but I was trying to recreate something here with my wife. All she talked about was finding new friends to spend time with. It's like she wanted to be with anyone but me.

After our dance we sat down. The others returned to the table and Carl immediately asked Mary to dance. She didn't even look at me as she got up; she had a big smile on her face.

Tony and Pia were up and dancing again while I sat there and talked with Judy. That was when she told me about her, Carl and the others and how they arrived on the ship.

Judy was a good looking woman. I could understand why Carl would ask her out. She had a nice personality and really did seem caring. We talked about our families and jobs. She had a daughter about the same age as my youngest. I explained to her about my tool sales business, delivery job. She actually seemed interested.

I figured since she was a waitress she was a good listener. Four songs were played before the others came back to the table. Mary said she had dance with Carl and Tony. They had to stop and take a little break.

I didn't say anything, I didn't want to start arguing over something as petty as a few dances. Carl ordered drinks and I was surprised Mary took one. She wasn't the best at handling liquor.

I danced with Mary one more time and then she spent most of the time dancing with Carl and Tony. I think she was trying to outdo Pia. I guess no one told her that Pia was a dancer as well as a waitress in a lounge.

I did dance two slow numbers with Judy. She wasn't a showoff or acting like she was in some kind of competition. I actually liked spending time with her.

It was getting late and we needed to get some rest for our big day the next day. The ship was dropping us off on a beach where we would be spending the whole day. They had two beaches and a casino. I also bought tickets to a stage show with topless dancers and all.

I figure I could rid myself of Carl so Mary and I could enjoy our cruise. It didn't happen. While they were dancing Mary told Carl what our plans were for the next day. When they came back to the table Mary mentioned that she invited everyone to join us at the beach the next day.

I said, "That's nice," but I probably didn't look too happy.

Judy and I were a few feet away from the others when she said, "I'm sorry we're messing up you're anniversary. Would you like me to talk to Carl?"

"No," I replied. "This is probably as much Mary's doing as it is Carl's. I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out."

Judy looked at me and smiled. "John thank you for keeping me company, I had a wonderful evening. I didn't have to worry about fighting off Carl half the evening. You are a nice guy, I hope Mary sees that."

I didn't know what to think. Was she just being nice? I had to wonder if Carl or Tony had made any advances toward Mary. It was a pretty crowded dance floor and I couldn't see them half the time.

Mary hugged Carl and Tony and told them she would see them tomorrow. We headed to our cabin. I watched Mary get undressed. She really had a nice body but it cost enough.

We got in the bed and I tried to start by cuddling with her. That's when she told me she was sorry but she had drunk and eaten way too much and her stomach was bothering her. She got up and went into the bathroom and I could hear her throwing up. She came back and told me she just couldn't eat the way she did.

She apologized to me and said maybe she would feel better the next day. She had taken some medication for her stomach. I just lay there thinking that day one of three didn't go so well. Rather than bringing us closer together it seemed to separate us even more.

****

At breakfast the next morning they had a breakfast bar with all you can eat. I got my plate of food and so did most everyone else. Mary came back with a bagel. She said she overate the night before and paid for it last night.

Eleanor brought Henry a plate of food. She said if he had gone up there himself he would have gotten everything he wasn't suppose to eat. He just laughed and said how much she always worried about him. Instead of getting mad he gave her a kiss.

After breakfast everyone went back to their cabin and got their beach garb. Carl was walking next to Judy. I had wondered if she might have said something to him. Mary wasn't talking much as we headed to the beach.

Carl spoke, "Anyone for the nude beach?" He looked over at Mary and she gave him a smile.

"No," I replied. "I don't have the body that anyone would care to see." I tried to say it in jest but I really meant it. Mary gave me an odd look. If it was just her and me, I might have considered it but not with Carl and Tony staring at her.

Judy spoke up. "I'm not much for the nude scene either. Twenty years ago I might have considered it, but I guess I've grown up since then."

Pia said she just wanted to get in the water. She didn't care where they went. Tony just wanted to see the women in suits or nude, he didn't care.

We headed for the regular beach. We set up our blankets and towels which were provided. We also rented lounge chairs to sit in. Hell, I was too old to be lying on the ground.

I took Mary's hand and asked her to walk to the water with me. Everyone got up and went in the ocean. All three women had on two-piece bathing suit. They all looked great. Pia's was the skimpiest. Mary's showed a lot of boob. It's the first time I had ever seen her in it. She bought it for the trip.

I could tell by the way she was walking with me that she was showing off for Carl who was walking behind us. So far our cruise wasn't working out the way I had planned. I promised myself that I would do my best not to start any arguments with her on this cruise. The whole purpose of the cruise was to bring us closer together but it wasn't happening.

We all were in the water and just kind of lazily swam around. I tried to put my arms around Mary but she said not in front of everyone. She wouldn't even kiss me. I was feeling a bit down and just swam a little.

I wasn't surprised to see Carl up next to her as soon as I was ten feet away. There they were, acting like best friends. Why did he want her when he had Judy who was more his age and honestly looked just as good? I was floating while my mind was busy thinking on what I should do when I bumped into another person; it was Judy.

"Hi Stranger," Judy said.

"Hi yourself, are you enjoying the ocean?" I asked.

"Oh, it feels so good. I just wanted you to know that I mentioned to Carl that you told me that you wanted to spend more time with Mary for your anniversary."

"What did he say?" I asked.

"He really didn't say anything, just kind of smirked. I'm finding that I care for him less and less. I have to admit that he has still treated me nice on this cruise but I think he would prefer to be with Pia or Mary. I've decided to just enjoy my mini vacation and do things that I like."

"I feel the same way. I'm doing my best to try and enjoy this trip but I'm done begging Mary to do things with me. If our marriage fails it will be because she made her own choices."

We all left the water and went and sat on our chairs. Mary and Pia both decided to lie on the blankets and get some sun. Judy said she wasn't much for tanning. She would burn first so she sat under an umbrella next to me.

Before I could say anything Carl asked Mary if she wanted him to put lotion on her. She said, "Please" as though I wasn't even there. Tony was putting it on Pia.

I needed to get away from there. I didn't know how much more of this flirting I could take. I told everyone that I wasn't much for sitting in the sun and thought I'd head up to the pavilion and to a little gambling. I asked Mary if she wanted to come along to which she replied that she would prefer to sun herself.

I received a somewhat rejected look from Judy. I told Mary that if she changed her mind I would be playing the slots, otherwise I'd see her at three for the lunch buffet.

I was playing the slots and having free drinks. I thought about Mary and figured our marriage was on its last legs. I would just have to see how the rest of the cruise went.

I knew I was drinking too much but really didn't give a shit. A few seconds later a lady sat down at the slots next to me. I looked over and it was Judy. I was totally surprised to see her.

"What are you doing here? Where are Mary and the others?"

"They decided they wanted to go to the nude beach shortly after you left. I told Carl that it wasn't for me but he didn't seem to care. I told them I would be playing the slots and see them at three. I'm sorry John. He's going after Mary and there is really nothing I can do. I don't own him, only you can stop him."

"No, it's up to Mary. All she has to say is no. I'll admit I don't like Carl and that he's an arrogant asshole but he hasn't forced himself on Mary. She's been with him by choice," I replied.

I was saddened because I thought this last ditch effort with the cruise might somehow bring Mary and I back together, but it wasn't happening. I decided for now to just go along with it and see what happened. Judy joined me at the slots. She said she really didn't have the money to spend so I took one of the plastic cups and poured half of my coins into it.

"You don't have to do that," Judy said.

"My pleasure, besides most of it is winnings. I guess I've been doing ok." I gave Judy a slight smile. "Besides, I enjoy the company."

We enjoyed each others' company and played different kinds of slots. If Judy's cup got low on coins I filled it back up. This is what I wanted to be doing with Mary but she wasn't interested in me. Maybe she figured I was too old, even though we were almost the same age. I'll admit I wasn't tall, dark and handsome but I was always good to her, always by her side when she needed me, so I guess she didn't need me anymore.

The other four met up with us at the buffet table. I looked at Mary and she knew I was pissed. "So did you enjoy showing your ass to the world?"

I decided to just confront her. I didn't care what she thought anymore.

"I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not ashamed of my body. You're the prude, you're the one who doesn't want to have any fun," Mary replied.

"If letting strange men feel and see your ass, you're right. It isn't fun for me to watch. Did you get off in the water too?"

Tony spoke for the first time, "Hey man, leave her alone. So she had a little fun."

I interrupted him. "She's not your fucking wife. So stay out of this." I was getting a bit mad. It wasn't like me to speak out like this.

"You got a problem with me Bro?" said Tony. Let's take it outside and we'll settle it like men, otherwise shut the fuck up. She's a grown woman and can do what she wants."

Needless to say I wouldn't have a chance in a fight with either of these younger men. Besides, what would I be fighting for? I turned around and got a plate of food and went and sat down. I ate alone. Mary sat with Carl and Tony. Judy and Pia left to go the rest room.

I ate and walked over to Mary. I didn't even look at the two men. "Mary, I'm going back to the ship. Are you coming with me?"

"Sure, I'm done eating anyway. I didn't want to eat too much and get sick and miss the party tonight," replied Mary.

"What party? I have ticket for us to go see the show at the lounge?"

"We'll talk about it later. Carl, Tony, I'll see you tonight," she said as we walked toward the ship.

As we walked back to the ship we argued. First about the way she was doing her best to avoid me, then how she wanted to spend time with Carl who was already with another woman.

"They are just friends, and hardly that. He just brought her along on the cruise for company."

"So what does that have to do with you? We married and suppose to be celebrating our twenty-fifth anniversary. Instead you spend all your time with Carl and Tony."

"They're young and fun to be with. I just flirted a little, no harm in that."

I didn't believe she just flirted, I wasn't born yesterday. "Tonight you and I are going to the lounge on the Island and see the stage show like we planned. We already have our tickets."

"I'm not interested in your old show. I'm going to the upper deck party with everyone else. You do what you want to do. It's the last night of the cruise and I'm going to enjoy it."

We didn't talk anymore on the way back to the ship. In fact I didn't want to talk to her at all. She went to our cabin and I sat down at the pool side and talked with Henry and Eleanor. They seemed so happy together. They told me their secret in making it forty years.

They put each other first, and always communicated. They did their best not to go to bed angry at each other. "It wasn't all peaches and cream but we never kept secrets from each other," said Henry.

"We were always able to talk to each other and settle our differences. We didn't always agree but our love for each other always won out," said Eleanor.

Before going back to the cabin I picked up a flyer about this party Mary had mentioned on the third deck. It was an adults only deck. The flyer mentioned it was a progressive nude party. I didn't understand and talked to one of the ships workers.

"Well Sir, It starts out as a dress up party. Everyone is dressed in nice clothing, suits for men and dresses or skirts and blouses for women. Each hour they take off some clothing. This continues on during the evening and late night. The final clothing left on is usually a bathing suit or under garments. After that an announcement is made for nude partiers only in celebration of nude day.

"Guests can leave whenever they want. Food and drinks are included in the price for this party. It is fifty dollars per couple or thirty for singles. Hope to see you there."

I thanked the woman for the information. It was getting later and I knew I had to go back to the cabin. Mary was busy getting dressed She was putting on a nice skirt and blouse. I didn't know if she had under garments on or her bathing suit.

I was wondering if she might be getting dressed to go to the stage show with me. The party started at nine and the show started at ten, we would have to go ashore to go to the pavilion.

I was putting my suit and tie on and we still hadn't talked. I guess I had to speak first. "You look nice Mary. I hope we enjoy the show."

"I'm going to the party, not the show, I've told you that. You can come with the rest of us if you want," replied Mary.

"Mary, it's going to be another nude party and probably end up being some type of orgy."

"Guests can leave whenever they want. I'll probably come back after it progresses to the bathing suit. Carl and Tony are fun to be with, you haven't given them a chance."

"A chance for what Mary? To let them fuck you or me in the ass? What the hell has gotten into you? We're not kids anymore. We're grown adults and should have more sense.

"Mary, I'm going out to the lounge. If you want to go with me and save our marriage then come and meet me. If you prefer your party and your boyfriends then I'll understand it when you walk up the stairs to the third floor.

"Just so you are sure on what I said, 'our marriage will be over if you attend the party."'

"I know you better than anyone. You wouldn't end our marriage over me going to a party. I don't believe you," replied Mary.

I went out to the lounge and ordered a drink, sat and watched the staircase up to the third floor. I watched as a number of young couples headed up to the third floor. I spotted Tony and Pia but I'm fairly sure they didn't see me.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,720 Followers