An Affair I'll Remember

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,720 Followers

I handed him my log book of all my stops for the day. He asked if he could make a copy of it later and I said yes.

"Where were you after five-thirty?"

"I was at home completing my bookwork that I do every night. It sometimes takes an hour or two. After that I went to the bar and had a couple of beers with my friends." He asked for names and I gave them to him as well as telling him I had talked to my neighbors when I got home.

"What time did you go to the bar?"

"I'm not really sure. Seven-thirty, maybe after eight. I did get a call from my daughter while I was there. Maybe she can tell you what time she called. After that I went over Judy's and we watched some TV till Mary called. After that we came down here."

The detective said he would be back in a few minutes. He was going to make a copy of my daily log. I sat there and drank my coffee. I didn't know if anyone was watching me through the two-way mirror. I was nervous even though I didn't do anything.

He didn't come back for twenty minutes. "Mr. Hubble, Miss Wentz said she told you that Carl was going to Youngstown and asked her to go. Why didn't you mention it?"

"You never asked me. Judy was mad and said that Carl had asked her to go to a convention in Youngstown. She had told him she never wanted to see him again. They got in an argument and he called her a Bitch. Henry, her boss kicked him out of the restaurant. Didn't she tell you that?"

"As a matter of fact she did. She also said that you said maybe you should go have a talk with him."

"I did say that but she told me to just leave well enough alone. So that's what I did. Do you want to check my hands for gun residue like they do on TV? It will prove I didn't shoot a gun."

The detective snickered. "What's so funny? Isn't that some kind of proof?" I asked.

"As a matter of fact it is but it won't help in this case. You see, Carl Crow was stabbed to death."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," I replied.

"Mr. Hubble, I'm going to be checking out your alibis. You are a suspect until we find the killer. You have to understand that this Carl fellow, took your wife, caused your divorce and was now making a play for your girlfriend. I'm just telling you how it is. Right now we have nothing to hold you on but we may be seeing you."

"How is my ex-wife involved in this mess? My daughter told me she was going away for the weekend. She didn't know who it was with. I take it that she was there to meet Carl."

"Yes, she told us he called her Thursday and asked her out for the weekend. When she showed up she knocked on the door but there was no answer. She tried opening it and she saw Mr. Crow lying in a pool of blood on the floor. She called 911 and the police were there almost immediately. That's all I can tell you for now. Thank you for coming in and cooperating with us. Just be available if we need to talk to you."

I went out to the waiting room and Judy was there waiting for me. I walked up to her and gave her a big hug, then we left the station and headed home. On the way home we discussed what they had asked us. Her questioning was similar to mine.

She said she was honest as she could be. I remember her saying when you tell the truth it makes it much easier than trying to remember lies. She was so right.

It was way nearly one before we got back to her house. I asked her if our date was still on for the coming evening and she said, "I'm not going to let a dead asshole ruin a night with the man I love."

We kissed and I headed for home. I didn't sleep real well but I guess that could be expected. I didn't hear anything from anyone on Saturday. I was quite surprised. I did go shopping and bought a new suit and stopped at the jewelry store and bought an engagement ring to give to Judy that evening.

I picked up Judy and she was right on time. She looked beautiful; I opened up the door of my truck and she climbed up and slid in. I saw a lot of leg and she just smiled. She did say there was a lot of talk at work about Carl. Everyone had an opinion. Some thought it might be drug related since he was in pharmaceuticals. Others figured it was a jealous husband.

Judy did tell people that talked with her about Carl but there was nothing she could tell them. She said she never mentioned me because no one knew how and when Judy and I met.

We arrived at the Sheraton and checked in. After taking our suitcases to our room we decided to go down to the lounge and have a drink while waiting for our dinner seats. We talked a little more about the case seeing it had just happened. I told her I had no idea that Mary had been dating Carl. The detective told me that Mary said they were just friends and dated about once a month.

We were called in for dinner and had a wonderful meal. Afterwards I ordered us an after dinner drink. When they arrived and as we were drinking them I pulled out the ring in its little case. I knew it surprised Judy by the look on her face.

"Judy, I know we haven't been together that long but I love you so much and I am asking you to marry me and be my wife."

Judy had tears in her eyes, but she didn't answer me. I was lost for words and just sat there. I knew she had heard me.

"John, I love you more than I have ever loved any man. I need to tell you a story. I know you never asked me about Darcy's father or why I never married.

"I met Darcy's father in high school and we were together for four years. I got pregnant and when I told him, the first thing he said was, 'Are you sure it's mine?' then he asked me if I was going to have an abortion. I was stunned. I thought I knew this man but he didn't even want his child.

"Needless to say we broke up and I never saw him again. My parents were mad that I wouldn't force him to have a blood test or something to prove he was the father. I told my family that money wasn't the issue. I didn't want a man like that around my child. I didn't want to give him the right to decide anything about Darcy's life.

"My parents understood. As far as father figures in her life she had my dad, my uncles and my two brothers. These were all good men she had in her life.

"Mom's brother, my uncle had recently gotten divorced about that time and he invited us to stay with him in his home; I accepted. My uncle was an over the road truck driver and might only stay at the house three or four nights a week. I kept it clean and even cooked for him if he wanted a hot meal.

"I got a job at the restaurant where I still work and my mother watched Darcy. She's my life and the reason I never married. I didn't want a strange man telling Darcy what to do. I know that might seem odd, but that's how I felt. My uncle passed away of a heart attack two years ago. In his will he left his house and belongings to me.

"I dated as I have told you but I never found that special person that I loved until I met you."

"Then marry me. We make a great couple," I replied.

"John, the problem is I believe in honesty. Lack of communication is the number one cause of divorce. Couples don't talk and let you know if there's a problem. It can ruin a marriage.

"John, I love you with all my heart but I know you're hiding something from me. I can feel it. How can I marry you if you can't confide in me and me in you?"

I knew we were soul mates and she could almost read my mind. "Ok, Judy, I'll tell you what's bothering me.

"First I want you to know that I didn't kill Carl. I had planned on it but someone beat me to it. The other night when you were sad and told me that Carl called you a bitch. It bothered me that I would let an asshole like that get away with it.

"I felt I had to stand up for you at any cost. I didn't care about the consequences, well I cared but hoped I had all my bases covered. I finished my route early and went to Youngstown to kill Carl. I had called his office on Friday and told the receptionist that I was supposed to meet him. She gave me the name of the motel and his room number.

"I went there but his room was dark. I started to go in the bar next store to the motel but it was filled with bikers and I saw Carl talking to a waitress. I quickly left and drove down the road to get some gas and a bite to eat from a drive-thru.

"I must have been gone about a half hour and when I came by the motel I saw the police cruisers and Mary's car in front of Carl's room. Mary was on the sidewalk crying and talking to the police. I put my hunting knife away and drove home as quickly as possible.

"I stopped at the bar like I was going to do after I stabbed him. I thought about you and that's when I came over. I just couldn't let Carl hurt the girl I love and get away with it. That's it, that's the secret I've been keeping. I couldn't tell the police because they have no idea who killed Carl and I'm still near the top of their list. They could probably figure I had time to go there, kill Carl and still make it back.

"I swear I didn't do it but it's only because someone beat me to it."

Judy had crocodile tears running down her cheeks. She picked up the ring, handed it to me and put out her left hand. "Yes John, I'll marry you."

I put the ring on her finger and we kissed. We then headed up to our room. I did everything with her that night. It was as though we could read each other's minds. I brought massage oil and started with her feet. She loved them rubbed. I worked my way up each leg doing my best not to touch her pussy.

I switched to the head of the bed and she turned over on her tummy. I started with her neck and rubbed all the way down to the cheeks of her ass. I reach over to get some more oil and she turned over, pulled me to her and kissed me. My hands were full of oil and I wiped them on her breasts.

I was as hard as a rock when she took hold of my cock and guided me over and lined me up to her pussy. I slowly pushed it in. She was hot, so very hot. "I love you John Hubble," she said as I began picking up speed.

After coming hard we cuddled and rested. After getting a second wind we put on our swimsuits and want down to the pool and hot tub. It was later in the evening and there weren't many people there. I fingered her to another orgasm while in the hot tub.

We cooled off by getting in the pool. Even though we were older we acted like two young lovers. After returning back to our room I ordered up some drinks, strawberries and whipped cream. When they arrived Judy sat there smiling.

We slept in late the next morning. We took a shower together but again we had sex in the shower. I had to get out so Judy could get cleaned up. Afterwards we headed to her house to tell Darcy the news of our upcoming marriage.

Darcy was really happy for us. She said her mom seemed so much happier since we'd been seeing each other. She asked her mom if she could be her maid of honor and help her set up the wedding. I knew this acceptance by Darcy meant a lot to Judy.

We decided we would get married in two months. We picked a Saturday and I mentioned since we liked the Sheraton Inn that we could have it there. That way anyone coming in from out of town would have a place to stay.

The plans were started. Darcy said all she needed from me was a list of the people I wanted to invite. She and her mother would take care of everything else. I knew money would be an issue so I pulled Judy aside and let her know I had some savings to pay for it.

She smiled at me and said I was about to meet her whole family. Her mom and dad were still alive and I would have to argue with her dad on who would be paying for it. Her dad had said years ago that he had set money aside for her college or her wedding, whichever came first. Judy never went to college and had yet to get married.

I started calling my family on Sunday. Everyone was ecstatic. Both of my daughters were happy for me. They had told me that the police had contacted them about Carl's murder. They needed to know their whereabouts as well. They now knew the man their mother was with on the cruise.

I told them I wasn't involved and had much happier things to think about. I gave them the date of the wedding and told them they would be receiving an invitation. I called both my brother and sister who lived in Steubenville. My mom and dad were still living and promised me they would be there.

It seemed a bit funny but Judy would be meeting my family for the first time and I would be meeting hers. I was close to my siblings but never got to see them very often.

Monday was back to work day for me. All my customers mentioned that I looked happy. I mentioned I would be getting married. I knew I couldn't have been happier.

I stopped by to see Judy after work. She mentioned that Pia had come in to see her. She told her the police had been in to talk to her. They asked her about her whereabouts. She had worked at the lounge that evening and didn't know of the murder until Sunday.

The police wanted to know about Zack. There wasn't much Pia could tell them. He had biker friends but she really didn't know them. She did remember at his trial that he said he was going to get Carl but didn't get a chance. The police thought that he might have had his friends finish Carl off.

I remembered there were a lot of bikers in the bar but I couldn't tell the police. I wasn't supposed to be there. I figured they would figure it out anyway.

We went on with our plans for the wedding and all was going well. On the weekend Judy took me to meet her parents. They were wonderful people. Her dad welcomed me to the family and said he was happy for Judy and me. He also said that he talked to Judy and that he was paying for her wedding.

"That's what fathers do," he told me. I knew so well what he was saying and didn't argue with him.

A couple of day later I was in the restaurant talking with Judy and some police officers came in. Judy said a lot of officers came into the restaurant and were friends of hers. She introduced me and I asked them if there was any update on Carl's murder.

"We have suspects but not enough to convict anyone. We're trying to figure out if someone followed him from the bar to his apartment. I don't know if you knew but there were a lot of bikers in the bar but we don't have any idea if they were friends of Zack. The detectives will be talking to Zack in prison this week, but we don't expect much."

"Thanks officer, I'm hoping to get removed from that suspect list."

"Since you're a friend of Judy's I will tell you that your alibis seem to check out. I can't tell you any more than that." They headed over and sat in a booth. Another waitress went over and waited on them I was feeling a little better. I finished my breakfast and headed off to work.

Judy and Darcy were making plans for the wedding after work every day. I didn't bother them much because I would just be in the way and I knew they didn't want my suggestions.

I took Judy to Steubenville to meet my parents. They loved her almost immediately. We talked with them for awhile and took them out for dinner. They told us they would be at the wedding and spending the night. They said they were getting to old to drive long distances after dark. We told them we would get a room reserved for them.

Time was approaching and all the invitations had been sent out. One week to go and I would be a married man again. Judy and I talked about me moving into her house. She and Darcy said that is what they expected. Darcy was finishing her second year of college. I knew she was going to the Community college and was taking Accounting.

I stopped by the house one evening and asked Darcy if I could talk with her. She seemed a bit surprised and so did Judy. We went in the living room and sat down. "Darcy, what are your plans after you get your degree?"

"To find a job and start working, I guess. Why, do you know someone who might consider hiring me?" She knew I dealt with business men every day.

"As a matter of fact I do. Me! Let me explain. I'll use my daughter and son in law as an example. Paul does most of the road work, the driving and delivering. Janet does the bookwork and keeps track of inventory and even calls customers. She keeps the books straight.

"Right now I do all that myself and have for years. It takes a few hours a day and it would take time away from me being with your mother. I would like to know if you want to be my secretary and possibly sales lady."

"Your serious aren't you John," asked Judy.

"Yes if she wants to start after the wedding it's fine with me. It would be part-time till she finishes school. I looked at my records and I could pay her three hundred a week to start. Of course I'll show her what all has to be done and how to do it. We could call it a trial period until she graduates. If she wants to continue after that we'll see what we can afford to pay her and set up a legal agreement."

Darcy loved the idea. She would go to school during the day and I'd show her the paperwork in the evening. I did tell her that if at any time she wanted out that I wouldn't hold her back.

It would be a win-win for all of us. Darcy would have a job and she could work out of the house if she liked. She would have a chance to find out if it was what she really wanted to do with her life.

For me it would get rid of all the paper work that I had to do and would free up a lot of time for me to be with Judy. Thinking back maybe that was part of the problem with my marriage to Mary only she didn't want to work with me. I know it was working great for Janet and Paul.

****

The wedding was great. I got to meet most of Judy and Darcy's family. They really seemed happy for us. Many of them could never figure out why Judy never got married. It would stay a secret between Judy and I.

My family thought Judy was the best thing that ever happened to me. I think I had to agree with them. Maybe us being older and wiser made a difference. We agreed to take time and visit our relatives more often. We were like one big happy family.

Janet and Susan pulled me aside and told me they really liked Judy. She seemed to make me happy and that I deserved to be happy. We didn't talk much about their mother. They just told me she went to work and still dated. I guess she just couldn't find another wimp to kiss her ass like I did.

I guess that wasn't a good thing to say on my wedding day but like Judy told me, always be honest.

After the wedding reception some relatives stayed at the hotel and others drove home. Everyone said they had a wonderful time and how nice the wedding was.

Judy and I headed up to our room and made love. I even took the little blue pill. I wanted this night to last forever. It reminded me of the commercial about having an erection for more than four hours that you should call a doctor. Judy told me to call her and she would take care of it.

The next morning we had breakfast with the relatives who spent the night. I picked up the check for it. Judy's dad just smiled at me. He knew what it was like to have a family.

We decided not to go on a honeymoon till our one year anniversary. I was still building up my business and would have to find a substitute while I was gone for more than a week.

Epilogue:

It's been a year since we got married and I have to say life is great. Darcy graduated and now works full time in our business. Judy still is a waitress, she is one of those few that loves her job.

Darcy has been a godsend to the business. She found ways to make it much easier and more efficient. She often talks with Janet and they exchange ideas. Darcy came up with the idea of taking one day a week and going on my route with me. That way she could meet our customers.

She has a personality like her mother and is a big people person. When we go to businesses she always comes out with more sales. I now pay her a higher salary plus five percent on any additional sales she makes.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,720 Followers