Behind The Potted Plant

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't know why not. She could always call us if she has a problem that she can't solve."

"That's true. Okay," and I got up and followed her out. She told April and we left.

She stopped at my car and asked me, "Where are we going?"

"Home."

She smiled, but she asked me, "And why are we going to your house?"

"Questions, always questions."

"Damn it Neal, be more forthcoming okay?"

"Okay, I'll tell you this much. You have to wait until we get there."

"You shit."

"I'll remind you later that you said that, and you'll feel bad."

"We'll see."

As soon as we were inside and the door was closed she turned to me and blocked my way. "Okay, this is as far as we go until you start talking."

"Okay, but this isn't the best place for what I have to say."

"Neal."

I put my hands on her hips and said, "Nina...I love you. I flat out all the way love you."

She stared at me and she blinked her eyes as a tear slipped down one cheek. "Neal, you better be damn sure, because if you change your mind, your life will be in danger."

"I'm not changing my mind honey and I have more to tell you, but you have to let me do it my way."

"I don't care, because you've told me what I've waited for so long to hear."

"If I had any brains I would have told you a lot sooner than this, but as you know, I have an independent streak. Also I can be a little dense sometimes."

"I'll refrain from commenting," and we went into a long tender kiss until the front door opened behind us.

"Come on in Jim," I said without looking back.

"Hi you two. How is my timing Neal?"

"Just fine actually. Now let's go to the living room so we can talk in comfort.

Jim handed me a large thin packet and we went to the living room, but I didn't sit down. Jim stood next to Nina and I was on her other side as I continued. I nodded at Jim and he reached for her blouse buttons. Nina put her hands up to his and I said, "Now relax honey. Remember, I told you that I had another surprise for you."

"Yes, Jim is undressing me and that's a surprise of the first order."

"That's not it. Go ahead Jim. You see, not all that long ago I nearly made love to Brook in this very room and that has haunted me ever since, so I told him and begged for his forgiveness, which thankfully he gave me."

"I'm happy for you, but that has nothing to do with me and why Jim is removing my top."

"Well it does have something to do with you in a way. You see, I think it's only fair that he see you naked to help make amends for the errors in my judgment."

"I say again, I'm not part of your screw up," and Jim carefully put her blouse aside and with his arms around her he kissed her and unhooked her bra. "Neal, you're hiding something."

"Yes I am, but not for long. In fact as soon as you're not hiding anything from Jim or me I'm going to explain everything to you."

"Jim this is pretty awkward for you isn't it?"

"Nina honey, one thing this craziness isn't for me is awkward. I'm thoroughly enjoying every second of it in fact," and her bra joined her blouse. His hands went to the hook and sipper on her slacks and they fell to the floor and she stepped out of them.

"Oh Nina," Jim said, "I do love your sexy legs."

"See honey, he too loves sexy nylons."

"And sexy legs Neal, don't forget about her sexy legs."

"Wait a minute guys," and her panties went the way of her slacks and a second later she was standing there in her heels and nylons. "Do you two realize this is pretty unusual and a little awkward for me."

"Okay, now sit between Jim and me and I'll explain all of this to you." She couldn't help but notice our erections, and knowing she was the cause of our growing problem, she smiled inside and sat between us.

Nina wasn't going to play my game indefinitely so as soon as we were comfortable on the sofa I kissed her and with my left hand on her thigh I asked her, "Will you marry me Nina?"

The whole situation was so bizarre that she stared at me in silence and didn't notice that Jim was undressing. "Neal, are you serious?"

"I'm very serious honey. I know this is a weird way for me to ask you to marry me, but that's me I guess." I dug her ring out of my pocket and holding it out I asked her again, Will you marry me honey?" Now she was crying and smiling at the same time, but she said yes and we kissed as I got wet from her tears.

"Neal do we have to go back to the office?"

"Yes, but not for quite awhile. Stand up and give Jim a hug and a long kiss."

She stood up and didn't even turn all the way to him when she saw that he was naked and hard. She stopped moving until he reached out to her and she automatically went into his arms. As they embraced I whispered into her ear, "You don't have to of course, but Jim would like to make love to you. Just save something for me for tonight."

She looked at him and then they kissed and then looked at each other again. "Jim, did you know about this when you and I were working on that house thing?"

"Yes, Neal and I had talked just before you came to my office."

"Oh great, so you were sitting there thinking about undressing me."

"Nina honey, that wasn't exactly the first time those thoughts had come to me. Remember, Neal and I are brothers after all."

"I do remember," and as she looked down between his legs she smiled and said, "Yes, I can see the strong resemblance." He kissed her and I watched them walk toward the bedroom. She looked back at me and I just stood there and smiled at her. I could have watched them, but then I would have wanted to be a part of that, and I had plans along those lines for another time.

I didn't time them, but it was quite awhile before they appeared in the kitchen and she came to me and we hugged and kissed each other. Jim had stopped in the living room and dressed and then came out to Nina. "Just to make sure you didn't miss what I said, I love you Nina, and I feel so honored that you would allow me to give you an engagement gift."

"Jim, you gorgeous man, thank you for so much, but especially for the engagement present. I can only hope there will be wedding gifts and maybe birthday presents too."

"I'll see what I can come up with for you love. Now I have to get back because I now have a very large amount of work to do and a deadline to meet. See you two and congratulations."

Nina turned to me and we kissed and held each other close. "Nina, I do love you so much and I couldn't be happier."

"This is the happiest I've ever been Neal and I'm so excited I could just burst."

"I have one more thing for us to talk about before we go back to work. Would you object if your engagement gift and your wedding gift were combined?"

"Of course not."

I picked up Jim's newest drawings and said, "Okay then, open this and see if you would accept this present."

She pulled out the drawings of the house she had designed and looked at Neal in confusion. "Yes," I said, "That's your house that you've been working on."

That really tore it. She dropped the drawings on the table and held onto me so tight I could hardly breathe. "Damn you Neal, I'm speechless now and I'm crying and my makeup is a total disaster."

"Now who would you like to tell first?"

"Kitty...then April," and she smiled at me. "Oh and Alexis too, and..."

"Let's go back to the office and you can call everybody and tell April, and I'll get done just what has to be done. Then we'll go home, as in my place, and then out for dinner and drinks. Does that work for you?"

"That works for me just fine," and she looked at her diamond ring. "I just can't believe this. I was beginning to think you never would tell me you love me let alone propose to me. I'm absolutely trembling inside."

I put my arm around her and said, "I guess we better get you dressed before we go out."

"Honey, what really prompted you to have Jim make love to me?"

"Well for the reasons I mentioned of course, plus I wanted to do something for you that wasn't at all traditional, and that I knew you would enjoy and remember. I also wanted to do that for Jim, because he and Brook haven't had relations in a long time. Based on how long you two were in the bedroom, I'd guess everything went okay."

She smiled and told me, "Yes, everything went just fine." Then on the way back to the office she said, "Neal, we don't really need a great room as large as the plan calls for. I just did that because it seemed to fit with everything else."

"Who knows, we just may want to have an adult party," and she just smiled at me.

Chapter Thirty Three

We went in and I headed straight to my office so I could be done in decent time. I had calls to make and contract work to do. None of it essential, but I didn't want to get too far behind and end up working Saturday morning to catch up, especially now that I had a fiancée.

It might have been fifteen minutes later when April came into my office and straight around to me and kissed me firmly. "Congratulations Neal, I'm so happy for you two."

"Thank you April."

"Stand up so I can give you a hug."

Women have a way of changing my priorities, so I put my pen down and stood up. I saw Nina out of the corner of my eye and she smiled as April and I held each other and then she kissed me again. She wasn't letting go of me as she said, "Nina even told me what you gave her as an engagement present. I think that was very nice of you to do that for her and for your brother." I wasn't overly happy that Nina had shared that intimate information, but then I remembered who I was talking to. "Neal you had a wonderful idea for a gift," and she reached for the buttons on my dress shirt as she said, "That was so nice that I want to give you the same gift." I looked toward my office door and it was now closed, so I looked back at April and softly asked her, "What if somebody comes in?"

"I guess they could watch if they wanted to, but Nina is going to protect us. I'd rather we were in bed, but I think we can get by on carpet one more time." We stripped and we made love. I was aware that at one point Nina looked in on us, but I didn't let that change what I was doing. I was focused on April and she seemed to be the same with me. We both came, but neither of us was in a hurry to give up. I stayed inside of her and I told her, "Thank you for this fantastic gift."

"You're welcome, but you know, I got as much from that gift as you did."

"Maybe we better do this again one of these days. Maybe we didn't do it just right."

"I think we did just great, but I agree, another time would be a good idea. Of course there's your wedding and then your birthday."

"And your birthday. Oh and president's day and the six major holidays. I always give at Thanksgiving too you know."

"You are a wonderful boss and lover."

"Thank you and I'm very glad you are my secretary. If you ever feel that the day is going wrong, maybe I could pick up your spirits. With Nina's approval of course."

"You know, I do have those days where nothing seems quite right. I think we all do. I hate to say this, but you are running down my thigh and it's going to be on your carpet right in front of your desk."

"Hmmm. I have to decide if I care enough to move."

She kissed me again and said, "I think you better, or Nina will be sorry she went along with my plan."

"Okay, but I don't want to," and I got up and then pulled her to her feet. She used her panties to wipe her thigh and between her legs and smiled before she dressed. I watched her skirt clad ass as she left and smiled at the thought that she was naked under that skirt. I really did like my life a whole lot.

April's juices were still wet on my cock when my direct line rang. "Neal," I said as I tucked my shirt in.

"This is Alexis darling."

"Well hello beautiful."

"I just had to call you and congratulate you love."

"Thank you. Nina said she just had to call you with the news."

"That sweet woman said she had to tell me first." It seemed that stretching the truth, or in that case lying, was something Nina could be good at too. "I have to admit though that I was surprised."

"Oh, why is that?"

"Well, I was beginning to think you would always be single and play the field."

"With Nina I have the best of both worlds. As long as I don't abuse the privilege of course."

"You are very lucky to have her."

"I know."

"Well I'll find a way for us to really celebrate the occasion honey, but I just had to call you."

"Thank you love, and it's been too long since we've had coffee."

"I agree, and that's my fault, but if you could break away for an hour, I'd love to see you."

"I'll see you in half an hour, bye Alexis."

"Bye love."

Nina was standing there smiling at me and said, "Let me guess, Alexis."

"You sweet and clever liar. Where did you come up with you just had to be the first?"

"That line came all to easily to me. Maybe I've been around you too much."

"I don't like that idea at all." I went over to her and kissed her before I told her, "Thank you for allowing April to share her present with me."

"You're welcome, though judging from her smile I think she got every bit as much out of it as you did."

"You know, she made a reference to that very thing. Then I suggested we try that again one of these days just to make sure we are doing it right."

"It's a good thing that I know you love me and you are my fiancée."

"The only thing that will ever change about that is I'll be your husband. Damn, I like the sound of that. Oh, and I'm going out to see Alexis, but I won't stay too long." She kissed me again and said, "You poor thing. April has worn you out, so all you can do with Alexis is talk."

"I'm good with that honey."

Before I could get away, Kitty called. "Hi Neal, I hear congratulations are in order."

"That's right and thank you."

"What are you doing to celebrate?"

"Talking to you love."

"That's very sweet, but you know that's not accurate."

"If you mean did we go out for a fancy dinner or something, no we didn't. I proposed and we came back to work."

"That's cold. You're the boss you know."

"I know, and I also know I have customers that couldn't care less about my love life."

"Then the four of us have to get together for dinner at least to celebrate. I know, let's just go to Houlihan's for dinner and then to our place to raise glasses to you and Nina."

"I'd like that."

" Six thirty Saturday evening at the restaurant to kick off the evening."

"Great. But just for the record, I still love you too."

"Just remember not to say that in front of Nina."

"Oh she knows and approves. In fact she knows me like few other people know me."

"And she should. Well then it's okay for me to say that I love you too. We'll see you Saturday night sweetie."

"Looking forward to it, bye."

As I was leaving, Brook called me on my cell phone and a second later I heard, "Please don't hang up on me Neal."

"Brook, I'd never hang up on you."

"I'm glad to hear that. I just wanted to congratulate you. Jim told me and then Nina called me too. I'm very happy for both of you."

I quickly checked for cross traffic and pulling out onto the street I said, "Thank you love, and just for the record, It's good to hear your voice again."

"I know that I've really screwed up my life as well as Jim's and I know that you are so disappointed in me and I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about me. This is between you and Jim, and there isn't a day goes by that I don't think of you."

"So we could meet sometime and just talk?"

"Of course, all you have to do is call me. But Brook, I'm staying neutral."

"I understand and I don't blame you. Oh, I saw Linda the other day and she asked about you."

"What did you tell her?"

"That you are fine and seem to be happy."

"Did she show any reaction to that?"

"I'm not sure. It's so easy to misinterpret or exaggerate little signs in situations like that. Her expression was pretty neutral, but I felt a little sadness hiding just under the surface. Maybe it's because I either expected to see it or wanted to see it, I just don't know. Should I tell her about your engagement if I see her again?"

"That's up to you. I certainly don't have any strong feelings either way."

"Okay. I so wish that things could be like they used to be."

"I'm sure you do, and we both know that Jim feels the same way. At least both of you seek the same thing."

"I'm trying, I really am, and I know he is too. But...well I better not get into that now. I still love you Neal and I'll call you one of these days and soon."

"Good. Bye for now Brook."

"Bye Neal."

When Alexis let me in, I saw another woman and Alexis said, "This is Delia, a very close friend of mine." We smiled at each other and I took her too soft hand.

"Nice to meet you Delia."

"Delia," Alexis said, "Neal and I will be in the kitchen for half an hour and then you and I can go to town."

Before I could sit down at the kitchen counter I said, "I don't mind if Delia joins us."

"This is fine. She's staying here for a few days so we have plenty of time to be together."

We had a very comfortable and enjoyable talk covering many things except for her two very adult parties, and that was fine with me. "Neal, have you and Nina decided where you will live?"

"At my place in the beginning, but we'll be building a new house not long after we're married."

"That's wonderful."

I didn't feel comfortable with the two of us in the kitchen while Delia was banned to some other location. We continued to talk but I injected the fact that I didn't have much time, so not long after that I made my escape and headed back to the office.

As I went in April said, "Neal, if you're looking for Nina she had to go out for an hour or so."

"Oh. I didn't know she had anything pending. No problem, I'll catch her when she gets back."

"Would you like some iced tea or coffee?"

"Thanks but I guess...no maybe some fresh and strong coffee would help me get through my mess."

"You go back to work and give me ten minutes."

"Thanks April."

It didn't seem possible that twenty minutes had passed let alone ten, but there she was with my coffee cup that said, 'Your Place Or Mine,' on it. "Nina told me how she always serves this to you. I'm to place the coffee in front of you and then sit on the desk and talk to you," and that's exactly what April did.

"Nina told you to do it this way?"

"No, she told me this is the way she did it."

"Oh. So she told you I was supposed to do this," and I lifted her skirt just far enough to see all of her legs and the tops of her stockings.

"She didn't tell me about that part, but she did tell me you love sexy stockings and skirts." I looked up at her and she was just smiling at me.

"April honey, is it me or are you changing? What happened to that blushing and shy cute woman that I hired?"

"That's how I still am, but not around you anymore...well most of the time anyway."

"And what else did she tell you that she did?"

"It wouldn't be safe to get into that with her gone."

"You might have a good point. Now I'm supposed to be getting a lot done and that won't happen now because my mind will be on you."

She slipped off of the desk, which pulled her skirt up most of the way, and then smiling, she sauntered out saying, "I'll leave you alone so you can work." Petite April was just too cute for my own good.

Chapter Thirty Four

I finally got done what had to be done and I still had almost an hour before I'd have to leave. Then Andy tapped the wall at my office doorway. "Come in Andy, what's up?"

"Boss, Scott and I have been talking and we'd like to request a change. I'd take his position in the warehouse and he'd go back to working with the crews."

"Why do you want to do that Andy?"

"Well, you know that I don't do as well when I'm with a whole crew of guys. I'm just not cut from the same cloth as they are I guess."