Behind The Potted Plant

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You mean overloaded with testosterone. Talking women, beer and who knows what else."

"Yeah. I mean I don't care about any of that, but I don't want to...that's just not me."

"Okay, but there's a problem with the change, because nobody is in the warehouse all the time."

"Yeah I know and that's great. I wouldn't want to be stuck back there day after day. I still like being out in the field too."

"But not with crews on big projects."

"I can and I will if that's what you want of course, but...you know."

"Yes I know Andy. I'm willing to give it a try if you're sure you and Scott both want it that way."

"He's good with it and thanks Neal. We'll start like that Monday morning."

"One more thing before you go Andy. Despite any claims that Scott or the others have made, Nina and April are off limits."

"I understand. As hot as they both are, I respect them."

"Great. Okay Andy have at it and I'll touch bases with you next week." I just smiled as he walked out and went back to writing the proposal I was working on.

I didn't see Nina before I had to leave, but I could talk to her later, so I told April to have her call me when she could.

Nina called me about an hour later and I asked her, "Get your running done?"

"I did and I'll tell you about that when I see you. By the way, if you'll be home by six I'll treat us to Papa Vino's."

"Great. Meet you there or what?"

"I'll come to you lover."

"Great, bye." I again apologized to the lady I was talking to and she and I went back to business.

I was dragging when I got home, but Nina was there and waiting for me, so we headed to dinner. Relaxing with her at the restaurant and sipping coffee rather than wine I recovered and we talked through dinner.

She sipped her coffee again and then told me, "I had a very long talk with Brook this afternoon."

"Oh, so that's where you were."

"I didn't tell you in advance because you would have said things like, that's a bad idea, or stay out of their mess."

"You may well be right, but okay go ahead.

"This was by Brook's request by the way and not my idea. Anyway, we talked about so many things, but the heart of it all was about how you and I could be so open and devoid of jealousy. Of course we talked about her indiscretions too. She's in pretty rough shape honey. Anyway we got into the subject of Jim, and about what it would be like for her if he had the same freedoms that she had enjoyed in the past. I can't say that I saw her experience any great revelations as we talked, but I made some points...from a neutral point of view of course, and we parted with her promising to think about what we had talked about. I'm going to have lunch with her in a couple of days and that will be interesting. She really does want to save their marriage by the way."

"I'm glad to hear that. Did she tell you that she and I talked on the phone?"

"Yes, she told me that she called you. I think knowing that you haven't cut her out of your life will help her. Oh, and I talked with Alexis and I'm going out there for coffee, maybe Friday night if you don't mind."

"Of course not. Oh, and unless you say no, we're meeting Kitty and Logan at Houlihan's at six thirty Saturday night for dinner, and then to their house for toasting and whatever."

"And it was Kitty that you talked to right?"

"How did you know?"

"Just a guess. Did she mention specifics about the celebrating?"

"No, just raise glasses and have fun as far as I know."

Nina was smiling, but she had a look in her eye so I asked her, "What are you thinking?"

"Well, the first thing that came into my mind was Kitty having an excuse to jump on you."

"Honey it isn't like she can't live without me."

"Or more accurately, what you would do to...correction, what you would do with her."

"Nina, is that green eyed monster rearing its ugly head?"

"No, but if something like that happens, that's going to create a situation for Logan and me."

"Hmmm. That's true of course. And your thoughts about that are..."

"My thoughts are whatever will be, will be," and she showed me a coy smile.

"I have another thought for you to consider."

"Okay, and what's that?"

"Well, it's going to be a long time before our new house is completed and it seems to me that..."

"I should move in with you."

"Damn, you are almost scary."

"It isn't like that thought hasn't come to my mind too lover."

"I see that as an excellent idea, but what do you think?"

"We'll have to negotiate which side of the bed I get and all of those important decisions."

"Simple, you tell me what you want and bang, that's what we'll do."

"Always and about everything?"

I just smiled and told her, "Not always or about everything. Only those details, but that was a nice try."

"Not really, it didn't work at all."

"We'll need a king size bed though."

"Oh and for what?"

"In case we have a friend in for a sleep over."

"You pervert."

"I know, you've said that before, and again, thank you honey." She just smiled and shook her head at my silliness and then said, "I hope you're serious because I'm going to start packing and then move in next weekend."

"Fantastic."

By far the most important person in my life was Nina, but something else that was on my mind more and more, was in addition to her and what we had ahead of us, there was sweet April. Then there was endangered Brook and Jim, and number two in my life, Kitty, and if that wasn't enough Alexis still hovered in my mind.

After work Friday, Nina went out to see Alexis and to have dinner with her, and I had the daily special at the Mazatlan restaurant.

It was well past nine when Nina came home and I asked her, "Did you enjoy your chat with Alexis?"

"It was okay."

That perked up my ears a little so I watched her more closely as I said, "That doesn't sound very positive, care to talk about it?"

"No I don't want to, but I need to." She sat down next to me and I put my arm around her and pulled her into me. "I'm not even sure where to begin."

"You got to her place somewhere around six and..."

"And we had a light dinner complete with a white wine that I didn't care for." We even ate in the dining room and then talked over more of that wine. She refilled our glasses and suggested we go to her suite to talk because that was her favorite place in the house. After seeing it, I can't say that it's that nice or impressive, except for the size of her bedroom. Most of my house would fit in her suite. Anyway, we talked and we sipped and I managed to empty my glass, but I said no to another refill, because my head was swimming a little as it was. She emptied her glass and said she wanted to move to the bed so she could stretch out, so silly me, I was quick to join her on the bed. Damn it Neal, she seduced me. Okay so not quite, but...things happened."

My world shrank down to Nina and what she was telling me. "Did she make love to you honey?"

"No...maybe...I don't know, between two women what constitutes making love? We were naked and we touched each other and we kissed. Damn it Neal, she got to me enough that I thought I might have an orgasm."

"But you didn't?"

"No."

"This knocks me back."

"Are you mad at me?"

"Of course I'm not mad at you." I continued to look at her as I said, "Okay, what were the worst and the best parts for you." She looked at me so I added, "Let's break this down to events and maybe it will help you decide how you feel about what happened."

"First of all, I've never held a burning desire to make love to a woman. Oh, I've had my moments of curiosity, but that's all. Okay, so let me think. Guilt was the worst part I think because I know how you feel about that happening."

"Okay, we can come back to that later, but don't worry about it okay?"

"I guess the best was...I'm not sure. She was very good with her hands. Remember, you and me talked about her small cool hands?"

"Oh I remember her hands. Okay, a quick question. Did you say anything about you being...is there such a thing as a bisexual virgin or whatever the hell you could call it?"

"Yes, I told her all of that and that just seemed to make her smile."

"An interesting reaction. So she was able to push your buttons, but you didn't climax. I wonder why."

"I kept thinking about you I guess, and what you would say when I told you."

"You didn't even consider just keeping that secret between friends or whatever?"

"Of course not, we both agree that secrets are a cancer to a relationship."

"Knowing that I'm not mad at you, do you feel guilt?"

"Not guilt, or at least I don't think so. Maybe because in a way, she took advantage of me. No, that's not right, because I knew what she was up to soon after we lay on her bed."

"You don't have to give me every detail hon. I think she sensed something in you and in a way she did take advantage of you. Maybe when she touched your breasts at that party when we made love on the floor, you reacted in a way that encouraged her. You know, maybe she sensed your curiosity or something. I'm just guessing because I don't know, but that could be possible. Okay, lean into me and get comfortable. Then close your eyes and think about what happened. I mean visualize her touching you. Do you feel repulsed by her touch?"

"No."

"Do you remember if you focused on her touch or on yourself as you waited to see what you thought?"

"Both I think. My senses were where she was touching me. You know, my breasts at first as we kissed."

"The kiss, was it pleasant, exciting or frightening?"

"Very pleasant. Not exciting, or at least not until she had me close to orgasm."

"I'm sure we'll talk about this more, but would you mind if I gave you an opinion?"

"Of course not."

"I can only guess at her motivation and I doubt that is all that important anyway. But I think you like what happened. Oh, I don't think you're hot to have another experience with her right away, but you did feel something and maybe that even scares you a little. If it does I can see why that might be. You've said you worried about me and my reaction so let me see if I can touch on that. When I saw Linda doing her thing with...hell I can't even think of her name at the moment. Anyway, that set something off in me and I blamed that partly on her making love to a woman, just as I told you some time back. But that had little to do with anything. That was all part of the secrecy thing and so on. So you feared my reaction based on how I ranted and raved over that event. Okay so I'm still sorting out how I feel about the subject, but it doesn't stir jealousy or anger in me." Then I smiled and said, "Okay so it does stir curiosity in me." She looked up at me and smiled as I added, "Honey I love you, and the fact that you were so quick to tell me, means more to me than anything else in the world. If you think you can, I'd suggest we put all of that on a back burner and just let it rest. We can bring it out later and talk about it again and perhaps with clearer minds."

She turned and kissed me and said she loved me and then we kissed again. "I made her moan too," and she smiled again."

I almost laughed and asked her, "Did you really?"

"Yes I did. If you were a woman I'd show you what I did that made her moan and ask for more."

"I love you, you little pervert."

Chapter Thirty Five

A good part of Saturday was spent moving Nina into my house. Her furniture was left behind, but most of everything else that she owned was moved and adopted by my dresser drawers, half of the closet space, with spillover into one of the guest room closets. Now our period of adjustment would begin, but I didn't foresee any complications in that area.

By two o'clock, we were in bed recovering from packing and toting boxes to the car and into our house, and by five we were in the shower getting ready to spend the evening with Kitty and Logan. We didn't have a lot of time, but we still touched and teased each other, but we knew we didn't have time to see to each other's desires.

We were at Houlihan's by twenty after six and were seated in one of their dark finished, high back booths, and I called Logan to let them know where to look for us. The restaurant seemed to be pretty busy, but it wasn't noisy, and Nina and I touched each other's hands and talked about us living together. To be honest I already felt like a newlywed, and the actual ceremony, when it happened, would be nice, but almost anticlimactic. Life continued to get better and better.

As soon as Logan and Kitty appeared, she stood at our table and said, "Okay Neal, kiss Nina and stand up for me." I did as she asked without thought to why, and she pushed me to the other side and said, "You two have made love and will have the rest of your lives together. For now at least, I'm claiming you, which means you and I are sitting across from the other two." She slid into the booth and then I sat next to her. Nina looked at me and then showed a slowly growing smile as Logan slid in next to her and kissed her hand.

Dinner was great. Conversation ebbed and flowed, funny and racy comments were shared. Just a great evening out with very good friends. Logan's arm went behind Nina's back a few times and she would lean into him. My hand frequently found Kitty's thigh in a more or less innocent gesture and we shared a couple of light kisses. The four of us stuck to iced tea and talked well after dinner was over and our table was cleared, but it was time for us to go. As soon as we were outside, Kitty claimed me again, and Nina put her arm around Logan as we walked across the parking lot to our cars. Kitty seemed to be having a great time and announced that she was riding with me for the twenty minute drive to their house, and that was okay with me. I had to wonder just how far Kitty wanted to take this partner swap that she was having so much fun with, but I was there for her for the evening if that's what she was up to, because I was sure that Nina was enjoying herself, and I knew that I was. Of course Logan showed no signs of resistance either.

We weren't very far up Main Street when Kitty said, "You really do love Nina don't you."

"Of course. Why, does it show?"

She smiled and said, "Oh yes, it shows but even more I can see that she loves you."

"You know, when I was with Linda, I assumed that she loved me, but that wasn't based on what I saw or felt. I accepted it because she told me. But there isn't a day that goes by that Nina doesn't show me that she loves me. Usually just in a look or a small gesture, but it's always there."

"I know what you mean." Then changing the subject, she said, "Logan and Nina seemed to be getting along quite well."

"They really do seem to like each other. Of course I have to thank you for that cute speech and swap before we sat down."

"I thought that went rather well, and thank you. You know at that party, well before I knew it was you behind the mask, you and another woman were enjoying some intimate interaction. Who was she?"

"The dark dyed hair woman?"

"Yes, her. What's her name?"

"I have no idea."

"What did it feel like almost making love to a total stranger?"

"Nice. Exciting in fact. Of course had I been ambushed by somebody old and fat, I don't think I could have stayed with the game."

"So you couldn't be a dedicated male prostitute."

"I don't believe I could, and even if I could get past that issue. Unless I spent a lot of time working out, that pace would kill me."

"I'm sure you were touched, grabbed pulled and drooled on."

"I was that, but then I also touched, drooled and teased a fair share of women myself.

"I'll just bet you did. I'm just glad you found me."

I looked over at her and told her, "Honey, the instant I saw you, I changed my direction and went straight to you."

"I've decided we were supposed to make love. I don't have any real reason for that, but that's what I've decided."

"You want to know what I've decided Kitty?"

"Yes, tell me."

With one eye on the road, I looked at her and smiling, I said, "I've decided that was one of the best things to ever happen to me."

"I'm glad you feel that way, but I'm sure you mean after falling in love with Nina."

"That's right."

When we arrived at Kitty and Logan's I was soon next to Nina and the four of us shared raised glasses and toasts to Nina's and my happiness. It wasn't long before Kitty was next to me again, but as I slipped my arm around her waist my cell phone rang. I was ignoring it until Nina said, "Honey, maybe you better at least see who it was."

I checked and then said, "Damn it, Alexis left me a message."

Kitty kissed my cheek and said, "You can take care of it while I refill our glasses." Logan was still in the room so when I hit the button and then the speaker so Nina could hear, I was pretty sure he could hear her shouting at me. "Neal damn it, you better return my call and return it soon. I've just learned that a lot of people know about the parties, and you're name is right in the middle of it almost every time, and if you thought I was mad before, you're in for a rude awakening," and that was the end of the message. Logan just shook his head and Nina and I stared at each other.

"Neal, what is going on with her?"

"I don't have a clue Nina, but you and I know that I'd never say anything about those damn parties, and I'd never do anything to hurt Alexis."

"She sounded almost out of control."

"No kidding. Okay, I'll call her, but I'm telling her I'm out of town. I'm just not up to dealing with anybody's temper tantrum tonight, even hers, or maybe especially hers."

Kitty came back with the tray of full wine glasses and said, "I could actually hear a few words. My god, what got under her skin?"

"I don't know," and I just looked at the phone in my hand.

"You better call her," Kitty said, "Or she just might call again with a new tirade."

I didn't even leave the room when I called Alexis back. As soon as she answered she told me, "You better get your ass over here right now."

"Alexis, I'm not even in town so that isn't going to happen tonight. Damn it, slow down enough so I can understand you and you make sense."

"I am making sense and you know it. What in this world made you think it would be okay to blab about something that you had promised to keep secret? How can you destroy me like this. Everybody will soon know everything and I'll be so ostracized that nobody will ever speak to me again."

"Alexis, damn it, I didn't say anything about your parties, and somewhere in your mind, you have to know that."

She couldn't have been even listening to me, because she went on with, "Every time I find out that somebody else knows about the parties, your name is attached and that can't be a coincidence. I'm so unbelievably mad at you that I'm trembling."

"I'm sure you are Alexis, but think about this for a second." She started to talk over me so I raised my voice to match hers and said, "Alexis, if you want to get to the bottom of this, then shut up for a minute." Then before she could start again I said, "Damn it woman, think about this for a minute. You and I both know that over the last two or three years, you've been responsible for me getting quite a few contracts. I'm in your debt and I've told you that before." She started to rant again, So I upped my voice even more and talked over her. "Why would I commit commercial suicide by breaking your confidence. I may not be the brightest man on earth, but damn it Alexis I'm not that stupid. Now I'm tired of trying get you to listen to me. I'll call you in the morning and we'll see if we can get to the bottom of this issue. Until then, good night Alexis," and I hung up on her.

Kitty and Nina were all but staring at me as I shouted and as soon as I closed my phone they were there with their arms around me. "Neal," Kitty said, "Take a deep breath now and try to settle down before you have a stroke. She'll cool down over night and maybe then you two can talk in a more civil manner."