All Comments on 'Big Mouth Ch. 02'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 627 Comments (Page 3)
Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
This was

an EXCELLENT chapter! I seldom use that word on Lit. I started this chapter thinking, "Of course, they will get back together." Then, "Oh shit, they aren't going to make it." I went through that sequence two or three times. Slirpuff really had my attention on this one.

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
not your best

The first chapter was good but this one just didn't do it for me. You seemed to have a specific ending in sight at the beginning & forced the balance of the story to meet it; contrived I think. Whilst I'm not a great btb fan, sometimes it needs to happen & this was such an occasion. When he was picked by the cop for missing the counselling session Steve should have said OK lets go see the judge, not wimp out. At that stage he needed to forget those sessions & stand up for himself, then when he got out of jail tell Heather it was over & he wanted a divorce. I just didn't like your ending.

Another Steve Moore hero story... yuck. Use another name for goodness sake. 2**

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
This is typical of the reconciliation stories found on this site

three of the four pages were devoted to court ordered counseling sessions.

I read all of the homework assignments and discussions that preceded and followed their times together and have come to a conclusion and question for the authors who write these monologues.

Do you have a degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology? Or are you currently in therapy?

If the answers are no, what do you think qualifies you to write page after page to justify your personal belief that reconciliation is the answer no matter what the question?

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Not In Favor Of THIS Reconciliation

I'm not particularly BTB, and honestly don't think she did enough to be "burned".

However, I also don't think she did enough to earn reconciliation.

First of all, I DO NOT believe her comments were simply "trash talk". She said that he was "barely adequate", that sometimes she had to think about her former lover to get off during sex with her husband. Those aren't the kinds of things you say to mutual friends abound someone you love and are sexually satisfied with.

Second, if she "loves" him so much, why is she trying to rape him in the divorce? Why not an amicable divorce.

Third, she NEVER said ONE word to him about his performance in bed. And before anyone says it was to protect his "fragile male ego", there are ways to do it that aren't demeaning.

Finally, the judge missed an easy alternative to moving the kids every other week. Moving the parents! The kids stay in the house, the parents alternate between the house and his apartment.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 10 years ago
How?

So a husband is expected to just ignore the fact his wife named a sex toy after an abusive boyfriend? Really?

CharleyTCharleyTalmost 10 years ago
Probably one of your worst stories.

Obviously you have no idea about how therapists or counselors work. NO counselor is going to tell the wife what to write in order to get a reaction from the husband. Suppose the husbands reaction was violent one, or a mental one? Would either of them been prepared to handle these situations? She (the counselor) would have been before an ethics review board so fast trying to save her license and business. As an author, you should stick to what you know. When you do this, you write some of the best stories on this site.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
good story

which it was, but every counselor has bias, in this case, as in some, they went in the direction of the marriage rather than a participant. I don't agree with going against the hubby who was publicly wronged, but the outcome achieved their objective, maybe. I have always had high reservations concerning doctors in general.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Disrespect

I'm not saying that there is no way they could reconcile but the story, like many on the site make the man wrong when he isn't. Steve honestly felt emasculated, it may have somewhat misguided, but it was an honest feeling. Heather was rather callous and was afflicted with what I call the female personality disorder, the inability to grasp when they are wrong. While I appreciate that characters (people) have inconsistencies in their conduct and personalities the fact that she couldn't just apologize, but had to hedge the statement by inferring he wasn't a stud. Clearly her "ego" was more important than the marriage, or her husband's feelings. Her big mouth in the way again, with no alcohol to blame, no trash talking session to attribute her callous comments.

Having actually been a counselor, as well as a consumer of therapy I can say Ann coaching Heather to fabricate a future was pure BS. Some of the more subtle apparent "favoring" Heather over Steve could just be a matter of the therapeutic process and the fact that therapists are human.

Overall it appeared Steve was more invested in the relationship, Heather a bit self centered which is not necessarily a female trait.

Heather assertions regarding female sexual response was accurate, hence Steve's "misguided" yet honestly feeling dejected feelings. Probably could've worked thru it as a couple if Heather could have worked thru her guilt and arrogance and quit her comments about Steve's fragile male ego and thick scull and let herself really hear Steve's pain. Heather missing a session for a date was just bad writing. Even Heather wasn't that callous and the therapists wouldn't have condoned the absence.

It's a shame so many authors, in an effort to appear balanced sell out sensitive men like in this story. If Heather could have respected the fact that Steve was more sensitive than the average male she could have gotten her point across about Steve being more than adequate in bed. Instead she hangs onto her hole card so she has the upper hand over Steve. Her comment after their sex session, "I liked it, but it wasn't what I'm used to" just showed how insensitive to Steve she was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Talk about a bruised ego and a stupid wife!

Nicely told story but there's no way in hell they get back together. And any lawyer worth a plug nickel would have told him there's no way that the Judge lets her take those kids out of the area away from their Father. So they split 50/50 and now are like lots of other families where they either split weeks on and weeks off or he gets them every other weekend, over night once or twice a week and they split birthdays and holidays.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story, second read

the thought that every one you go to bed with is the same, is rediculas, as in, the sex is the same, or the excitement is the same. poor Steve, didn't think about all the sex he had in his life, rather how much difference sex was when in love. Wife needs counselling, rather than confide in hubby, tell everyone she knew, other than hubby of the problems. Apon finding out the counselors coached the letter, I would have had them flogged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fourth time through!

And like the previous 3 times, I thought I would read only the first page of the first chapter. But like usual, I was sucked into a really good story! But here is the best part:

"He could have killed you! What on God's green earth were you thinking, getting into a fight with Brian of all people?"

"No one disrespects, slaps, or hits my wife and gets away with it."

Heather stopped, looked at me, and I saw a tiny smile.

"It was a long time ago."

"But I never knew." She went quite at that point and between us a new bond was formed."

And that is how a new marriage, a stronger marriage, was built.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well

The hero in this story would need to be the biggest damn fool on the planet if this were real, in more ways than I could ever name.

The story would be barely a "1" except the writing is above average for around here.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
2nd read

there comes a time when a person should be beaten severely. in this case, both of the doctors, and the wife, for plotting against the hubby. yes the hubby I think is a really dumb guy in so many ways. after which, he should get his divorce, due to all the collusion to set him up.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ONCE AGAIN LIFE PROVES ITS POINT

failure to communicate loses lots of wars. TK U MLJ LV NV

green117green117over 9 years ago
Odd piece -

fairly annoying to me, but what the heck.

This time through, what I got was that abusive people have abusive relationships. Now perhaps some of the time it is learned behavior - survival in an abusive relationship might take abusive behavior. And some of the time it is just poor behavior.

And coming out of an abusive relationship you are likely to be abusive.

Heather needs lots of work.

Green-something

(I check to see if I have posted comments previously on a story - search functions are wonderful - so... for the poor anonymouse that tried to slang me on my previous comment - you consider posting public comments shy and retiring behavior? Who here is posing, bunky? Anonymous inflammatory posts are the moral equivalent of flashing while wearing a mask - while I am "anonymous" to the extent that I haven't put up personal information to be abused, I am also allowing this persona to be held responsible for its views. How about you, the assembled anonymice?)

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Because Slirpuff has graced us with his presence again

I took another stab at this story.

And I have to say, having reread her egregious comments again, I haven't changed my mind ABOUT HER COMMENTS. She kept pushing to make things worse and worse and she ruined her friends view of her husband, There is nothing she can do to give him his dignity back with those people.

She said she'd do anything. What they needed to do was move. Sucks but there you are.

Now, here is what really roils people's panties about this story, myself included. Steve had to suck it up. To get beyond this, even if the counselors weren't horrible hacks, even if the wife did a bang up job of 'getting it' (no one EVER gets how offended the other person is), Steve, and Steve alone is going to have to take a risk, take the hit and get on with life.

Couples do that a lot of times in a lot of situations. Miss that incredibly important dinner with your wife? She needs to suck it up to get beyond it. Told one of her friends about how she had breast implants when she asked you not to? She has to suck it up. Lose a bunch of money on a 'sure thing' at the race track or some stock pick? She'll need to suck it up!

Because we feel so much for HIS side, it is hard to see her side. And honestly EXCEPT for her heinous comments, she seems to act like a real human being. She wants grace, she wants her marriage, and she wants her husband....in whatever role she had for him (hint: it obviously wasn't big on the 'lover' aspect)

And Slirpuff did this credibly. NOT to my satisfaction, but credibly.

And again, here is where Slirpuff lost it again: when his wife was SUCH A CUNT AFTER the marriage counseling. "I never said a stud". Did this woman NOT spend a good deal of time and effort and sweat to claw her way back to half of what she used to have? And she wants to blow it off as a JOKE AGAIN?

Enjoyed the story. Disliked Heather for her stubbornness, her insensitivity, her arrogance and her calculated lies and insults.

BUT, they were in conflict mode toward the end, so that modifies, but does not forgive all her actions.

Powerful story. Well written story. Dislikable characters. He clutched onto his bitterness a bit much even IF he was viscerally offended. As a guy who has been married for a few decades, sex gets lower on the priority scale as life gets on. Rub your nut off inside of her and get on with life. Golf! Work! Steve has now been absolved of ever trying to get her off again. Take that role! Relish it! How can she complain for him living down to her analysis of his abilities?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Biggest problem with this tale...

...was her dating the guy from work ON THERE THERAPY NIGHT! Seriously?! WTF is THAT! That just screamed "Done, over, finito" to the marriage in my mind.

In addition, no therapist worth their license will tell a client to lie. To do so is to invite disaster.

The concept of "Fragile male ego" is just annoying. So tired of reading and hearing that myth being sold to our society. A man has a right to expect his partner to not degrade him in public. She's supposed to be the one person that's always on your side even when the rest of the world isn't. That is what fidelity is.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
just a note

watch what happens at the 10 year reunion, when the wife disappears for an hour or 2, and the shrinks say it was hubbies fault again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Also....

Ref 'Anonymous 39/9' below...

Very valid points made... and the councillors - well they were of dubious assistance to say the least. can't see professionals behaving in this manner.

The story needs better editing. It doesn't flow... as if there was a big rush to get it posted without due consideration. A pity because so many of this authors stories really do 'flow'. Guess I'd better quit in case he asks me to write one or keep my trap shut??

Still though 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well....

It's well written and I hated it. I don't have to like something in order to appreciate whether it's well written or not (in spite of the farcical ending) but since I hated it I gave it a 1.

ClemonsClemonsover 9 years ago
Not a Fair Playing Field

Yes, he could have seen that she was truthful in her desire to be together. Yes, he could have risen above his first thoughts and accepted her apologies. But the idea that she and the other wives have that it is a male ego thing and, therefore, not a big deal is insulting and belittling (Again.) and unfair. He asks her how she would feel if he had done the same to her. She blows it off with the statement that a woman's ego isn't attached to sex, making her better than him again. Bullcrap. Are we to believe that women aren't offended when a husband belittles her in front of all her friends? In fact, doing that would most likely cause his reputation to suffer greatly because he was such an ass. There would be almost no one who would accept that type of behavior from a man. She never seems to really get that idea. BTW, the counselors are stupid and biased and offer nothing; I can't believe that going back to them for their reconciliation would help at all. But, the story is compelling and raises serious questions and no clear answer. A reader can judge the actions and results for himself. The dialogue id better than average. So, I'll give it a 5.

saratusaratuover 9 years ago
Wow! anon 9-30-14 hit the nail right on the head

My compliments to your accessment of this story.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story:

I thought it was a bid redundant in the middle. I was feeling a lot of emotions because the story was hitting home in way too many places. I found myself wanting to stop and go to another story but kept reading. I thought the two characters were well done and the way you brought them back was as well.

seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
Malpractice.....

Dave & Ann are agents of the court and apparently happy to use deceit (lying about moving) and coercion to get what the court wants and to hell with the husband.

Yeah they're back together and the sex is good but the "wife" never addressed the real issue of her betrayal of her husband and their marriage bed by running her mouth. As far as I could tell she never saw the real offense.

I don't know if it's better that they got back together. The effing judge is happy. Steve is having good sex but the marriage is a sham, in my opinion.

I'm all for reconciliation but it needs to address the core issues and not some contrivance by a pair of hack "counsellors"

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
BRUISED

YES SHE BRUISED HIS EGO BUT IT WENT TO FAR. SHE MARRIED HIM SHE LOVES HIM SHE HAS TWO CHILDREN WITH HIM. YES SHE SHOULD HAVE NOT SAID ALL SHE SAID BUT SHE DID. HE OVERREACTED(I HATE THAT WORD). WHEN SHE SAID SHE WAS SORRY HE SHOULD HAVE TOLD HER HOW BAD IT MADE HIM FEEL AND JUST MAYBE THIS LITTLE ROUND TABLE COULD HAVE HAPPENED ABOUt 6 MONTHS SOONER.

RON TEXAS cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Agree

@ Ron Texas You are right. 99% of the people are not or will not marry their dream spouses and the marriage mistakes can be mended, if it is not cruelty, cheating and the foulty part want to understand and corrigate his/her mistake. In this story the wife wanted this against she repeated her mistake so I think it is a story of a succesful reconciliation .............

Duna

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
@ BRUISED

Sweetheart,

You need to realise a couple of truths, men are bigger, stronger and more aggressive than women. Yet, the sexes are equal. Women have developed the ability to rip a man to peices Verbally, this ability MORE than equals anything a bloke can do, hell, why do you you think we want you to shut up? We're terrified of the next nuclear bomb your gonna launch at us to which we have utterly no defence.

Yes, we have fragile ego's, that's why you hit us there! It's either that or kicking us in the nuts.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Disappointing 2nd part

1st part was fine, 2nd no too much...

1) Wife's disparaging comments were not something to be dismissed as a spouce's "trashtalking". They were way over the top, Heather was not drunk or angry when she said those things and they struck at the core of their relationship. It was not about him leaving his socks on the floor or the toilet seat up. Did she mean what she said or was she lying? I don't know what is worse. Either way spells a marriage with serious problems. What she said later, in the 2nd part of the story, were nowhere close to what she actually had said at first.

2) The lie detector subplot was irrelevant, nothing new was established.

3) Cpete is wrong about Heather's dating during counseling. At the same session she lied to her husband about her moving to another place, following Ann's request, in order to get some reaction from him because he was "floundering in a pool of self-pity". Why bother if "divorce was a forgone conclusion, both parties (and their lawyers) had already filled in the blanks, all that was needed was a judges signature"?

4) Missing an appointment, going to another dressed up for the date, were there no other days in the week? Obviously a plot trick, but spoils the story's plausibility.

5) Wife uses her abuser as a sexual fantasy? Names a dildo after him? How lame and misogynist is that? Either she is mentally ill or she is a completely different person that her husband believes.

6) In the end she comes out as an egocentric insensitive bitch and he as a guy suffering from amnesia, because obviously by the 2nd part he forgot most of the things that happened in the 1st part.

SedatesonSedatesonover 9 years ago

Wow! Thats was a great story

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
"Trash talking" about your spouse is a problem, not an excuse

My wife and I tease each other a bit sometimes, but dissing each other talking to other people? No eff'ing way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This is one great one

many of couple have or could be in this same situation.. The old boyfriend still deep in the mind of a wife. A lot of truth, a woman's first sex encounter with an old boyfriend never leaves her thought process. She may not open her mouth but a husband does learn her actions and reactions... Been there done that..

calflashcalflashabout 9 years ago
story

Jokes or story telling like hers often have a bit of truth to them. At the least such "jokes" are not fodder for sharing with friends. How insensitive of her and friends to pass it off as an ego thing but it sure got to her ego when she found he was talking with another woman in a bar. She really did turn into a bitch over something she caused. Sounds like she "checked out" on the marriage she professed to want.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
RIveting

Good flow. Author creates good tension. I found counseling sessions realistic. Husband and wife were both likeable. Thx for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good story.... Lazy writer

This writer has a short list of short cuts and hands that he uses in every story. It's a pity, really as he's a good story teller and is generally well written otherwise.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
****

Good writing but the whole counselor episode didn't fix anything, just manipulated him past this episode.

gdjohn52gdjohn52about 9 years ago

its nice to read a story about problems other than fucking other people. I enjoyed it. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hmm

Going on a date while they were going to counseling sessions?

Shouldn't she wait till they were done?

xtremeddxtremeddabout 9 years ago
Had to revisit this story again. It is a classic for this genre.

Slirpuff,

Main reason for the re-read is it the ONLY favorite story the profile of newer author RichardGerald. Big Mouth. One of the very best emotional irony writings on Lit.

Thanks for sharing your hard work on Lit.

x

steven857steven857about 9 years ago
nope

The disrespect ends the marriage. For some maybe they could get over that for me never.

Tootight1Tootight1about 9 years ago
reread

loved the story, and written so well, I could feel the hate, confusion, love, it was a nice job. personally I would have told the shrinks to go back to school, because they were bias, stupid, and manipulators. Ann, and her hubby being downright prejudice against the hubby from the get go, YOU THINK HE WAS HUMILIATED BY WHAT SHE SAID DOCTOR. telling the wife what to write, come on, is there any kind of professionalism between these 2 quacks. the fact that she went out, she could have dressed after the meeting, but no.

MartyMBMartyMBabout 9 years ago
It took too long

"All right, I was wrong. It was my fault, are you happy now?" It took how long for Heather to say that? And on the other side, Steve's ego is too fragile, at least for overhearing a conversation fueled by alcohol.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 9 years ago
Poor ending

Heather lied to him by omission for a decade, savagely disrespected him in front of his friends, lied to him during counseling, disrespected him by dating others while still in counseling, and somehow it was all Steve's fault in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One of the sorriest piece of garbage on this site (and there's lots of them).

Turned him into a wimp. Usual trash by this author. Can't see fit to write a tale where a man doesn't end up with his balls cut off. Sorry tale, sorry author.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
NOW THE END ALWAYS COMES DOWN TO "EGO-WILL-POWER"

you either will or wont, want to and cant, or do a Kerouac, TK U MLJ LV NV

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 9 years ago
A Roller Coaster Ride!

Very powerful story - top notch!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Powerful story, Like Hell..powerful garbage.

Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy and cluck, cluck, cluck.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 9 years ago
I'm confused....

There are a lot of comments about this being a cuck story. Hmmmmm......she said something rather humiliating, but never cheated, that's not cuckoldry. Mean, yes. Stupid, yes. Unloving, yes. But cuckoldry no. Cuckoldry involves a wife having sex with another while the man does not. That never happens in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
It was real.

Just that it was real.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 9 years ago
Not impressed Slirfuff

Just another pussy-whipped husband - and we had to read all through the prose to find out.

I suppose that this was meant to be a romantic ending, Most unsatisfactory.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Second time through...

five stars. One of the best. Her explanations seemed reasonable, but there is still that ambiguous lie detector response.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago

Still don't get why she had to miss two meetings, especially after they had one great session. Her explanation makes no sense. She met with this guy to tell him she wasn't going to see him anymore, because she wanted back with hubby? That makes no sense. Blows off hubby to meet with a guy she supposedly only went on one date with. Not sure if there is something there, or if it is simply a flaw in the writing.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 9 years ago
Worst kind of cuckolding, I guess

is to take second place to 3 big pieces of cold, inanimate plastic or metal or whatever. Bitch had a horrible attitude and should have been slapped by Steve as well as by Brian. She was continually hateful, she was arrogant and she was just downright mean. At no time did I believe that she was completely faithful to him. And the polygraph test, this woman was a sociopath and they can beat a lie box every time. Some people can even manipulate their results by changing certain responses. I think that, one more time, it shows that counseling is all about making the man cave into the woman and to manipulate him to the point he blames himself. He had kids and they even might have been his, maybe. So that kind of made him a hostage to the system. He should have just taken what he could and disappeared. Cause the crazy bitch would probably kill him sooner or later.

And I think that Slirsteve hit it right on the head about the manipulative judge. I think that their should be automatic judicial review on all divorce court judges to make sure they aren't overstepping their "real and not imagined" authority.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
COSMETIC SURGERY AND A BEAT-DOWN

opens some eyes,, closes others. TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Why Get Married?

Q: Why do people get married?

A:Usually because they think they are going to benefit from the marriage.

That's right, marriage like many other decisions is based on the self interest of the individuals involved. SHE needs a man to work his ass off to pay for her babies and provide her a nice life and HE thinks he is marrying his cheerleader who will have sex with him everyday for the rest of his life.

Then there is the typical trajectory of the average marriage: What usually happens is HE is soon forced to bust his ass to pay all the bills they have run up to give HER the dream life she wanted, SHE on the other hand quickly makes it clear that not only is there not going to be sex everyday, SHE is also not his cheerleader anymore, in fact SHE is his number one critic. Whereas HE is most likely to suffer in silence and shame for being scammed, HER criticism of him is openly shared with friends and family. The above story is typical of this marriage trajectory. The only difference was HIS reaction. Most husbands are able to see the results of a blow out and a divorce. They instead choose another path. "Fuck HER, if that is the way it is, the contract was never in effect. I will do my time to raise the kids and fuck anything I can find on the side. If I get caught - too bad." Then HE pretends to be a good guy while he takes every opportunity to find a woman that will have sex with HIM and maybe make HIM believe that she really loves HIM. In the end, the marriage that never really was disintegrates and they move on.

dyonysosdyonysosalmost 9 years ago
Liked the story in general

BUT this guy is a piss ant,i can't believe how he just goes on and on about the same shit,so the wife told some girlfriends he couldn't do it for her with his tiny dick,wifes tell shit like this all the time,i never heard anyone divorcing over this,guys tell shit all the time,just get the fuck over it,she never cheated and don't we all phantasise when we masturbate,guys and girls alike

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Future Cuckolds

Yes all future cuckolds should read this story. After patronizing, manipulating and using Steve, Heather brings him to his knees, ready to eat her lovers creampies at her demand. Has she cheated on him? Not physically, at least not yet, but every time she used her former lover to get her off she cheated on her marriage and Steve. Sooner or later her need for a larger cock will lead her to cheat physically and by then Steve will be a well trained Cuckold to be.

Typical Cuckold/RAAC bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
100% bullshit!

Another kiss the ass of the whore wife story by this sorry excuse of an author. Author needs to get some balls and quit cutting them off his characters. Meanwhile, remains an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 for effort and content.

and to help offset the asshole annony.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1 for effort and content

Shut your cunt bonnie. Nobody cares what you have to say anymore. Can't say anything good about anybody don't fucking say it at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Decent story, until the counselling sessions

This line sums it up, from Heather: " Can't you see you've still got a wife who loves you, why I'm not sure, and ... " During the whole process she is either manipulating him (i.e. lying and saying she's leaving town with the kids), dating someone else, or telling him what an ass she is. Not seeing much in there that demonstrates she's very sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
bla bla bla

booooooring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Damn,

You tell some good stories. Don't worry about the negative morons. This site attracts all kinds of flies. I do love it though and I can't believe it has some realy good authors like yourself....

5ssssz all the way...

bill....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

i realy hate shrinks he miss " diagnosed" him it wasend him holding on becouze his friends over heard it

it was about him thinking his love making sucked wich let me tell you will crush any male and its very hard to build up a man ego after that

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Truly horrible second half

One of the worst, most misandric RAACs I've seen

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fucking lame

any wonder he was pussy whipped. what a lame assed story

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
what a lame ass comment dear annolny, same old some old

gave it a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a lame ending

I would have gone after brian with brass knuckells at least more likely with a shotgun.Then given my whoring wife a going over with the brass knuckells for being such a loud mouthed cunt.

Then if she still wanted a bigger cock kicked her into the curb.

But I'm and evil bastard anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I read your words but I don't get it

They simply go too far to ever reconcile. Some things can't be taken back and some things are never forgotten. I think Steve could have had his attorney ask the Judge whether or not his bitch wife would be allowed to leave the area with the kids. If the answer was "yes" then take whatever money he could lay hands on, pack his things and move far, far away and start over. There's not much money left to argue over anyway. And Heather was going to get custody of the kids. Selling the house probably wouldn't have netted much so why stick around for the end? Let the attorney handle the fallout and move on with your life. No amount of talking is going to change the fact that she thinks so little of him. She just can't hide her disrespect. Even if he didn't do that he could have told the cop he wasn't going to the therapist and gone in front of the Judge. And thanked her for putting him in jail for contempt. Why? He gets fired from his job, the bills don't get paid, they lose the house to foreclosure and there's no alimony because he doesn't have a job. He gets out, get a job flipping burgers. His child support would have been based on his income. Heather would have been lucky to get $200 bucks a month. And when she moved away, he could have done the same. And forgotten about her. All done. But getting back together? Not in a million years. Terrible ending.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
good story

as the story went. I like to reconcile if possible, when kids are involved, or their an older marriage. otherwise, BTB twice on Sunday. the councilor was a culprit in this scheme too. Women, cant live with them, or without them.

mike9698mike9698over 8 years ago
and he takes her back

and they live happily ever after. bullshit. so she wouldnt talk about their sex life with him because he would take it badly. so instead she does it in front of all their friends. yes that makes perfect. to a retard like this author maybe.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 8 years ago
Huh...

Quote: "I just can't believe you have so little self-confidence in yourself that one stupid statement made by your wife took that all away." 

I'm sorry...? Other than the validation you give yourself, your spouse is one of the most IMPORTANT people for giving (or taking) that validation... If you can't trust your spouse when they tell you something, what's the point in being married to them...? So, when they tell you something so negative about yourself, the surprise wouldn't be that it effects you so poorly, it would be if it DIDN'T effect you...

Those shrinks sending the cops after him but not her...? Yeah, THAT makes you trust their lack of bias, huh...?

Quote:"The reason I wasn't here last Thursday was because I was telling Adam I couldn't see him any more."

ANYMORE...??? Yeah, to ME that doesn't sound like ONE date then no more, it sounds like she was DATING him, read: plural...

Quote:"Heather, did you sleep with him, yes or no?"

"No, I didn't, but I sure as hell wanted to."

Let's see how well that works in the future when she asks him THAT question about a woman and HE says "Yes. "

Quote:"How many girls have you been with, Steve? Two, three, twenty?"

"Sorry to disappoint you Heather, none." It was once again getting ugly.

"Like I believe that," was her quick reply.

Hmm... "I'm supposed to believe you were joking about something we KNOW you said that crushed me... and you don't believe me about something I say didn't happen with NO reason to believe otherwise...? Yeah, WE'RE going to work out together."

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 8 years ago
About 90% Makes Sense

You established a strong and interesting case for a marraige breakup based on words and then destroyed your entire story by having an absurd and inconceivable reconciliation. I despise stories where a reconciliation occurs without regard to the story and merely because the author likes one. Meaningless story 1*

RePhilRePhilover 8 years ago
I think you missed a coma in the fourth paragraph

Other than that. Perfectly paced and more importantly, balanced. An ease and real pleasure to read. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"I think you missed a coma in the fourth paragraph"

Delicious irony....

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 8 years ago
Unreal!

What a fucking wimp ass husband. Gets his feelings hurt and can come to grips with it. His wife loved him and he loved her. That in itself should be enough to try to make it work. He needed to let her make it up to him. Hell, he could even lean to know when she was faking it. That is his fault for not knowing that.

Was she wrong it what she said. Yes. But he was more than wrong. He was a stupid idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The long and winding road ...

This is a story so well told that I have read it about every six months since you first published it. You have woven a very complex web of human emotions, circumstances, legal maneuvers - its all plausible, and something has probably happened just like this before. The characters are believable - and they engage the reader. I've actually gotten angry at times reading this, and everybody loves a happy ending. Its a five star read every time for me. That said, even in this case where you have covered all the exits, it doesn't seem believable. Or at least it seems unlikely that it could ultimately come to this end. Its human nature. I feel that most men wouldn't have hung around long enough for the redemption. Sometimes words can not be taken back. I myself, would not have given her the time of day, starting the next morning. Sure, even as a slice of life, I could allow the possibility of a rematch. That scenario would allow the guy to regain a little respect, and perhaps for her to prove herself - remove doubt of her sincerity or for everybody to agree that she was telling some version of truth, and move on ahead with new understanding. But I have the benefit of many years witnessing the ups and downs of marriage - lots of divorces. Seems to me that every case in which one party has exhibited that level of disrespect for the other - even once - it just never works out in the end. Respect and common human decency are the things that make or break marriages. No matter what is in your heart, those are requirements for harmony. People who share no romantic love whatsoever can have decent marriages. So, I think that if this tale were in the real world of American society today, it wouldn't matter whether she was just shooting bull or telling her innermost secrets, the act would be enough to poison the relationship. And if you believe these characters as written, no matter what her intentions are going forward, she will break his heart. He will always resent her. They will fail. People don't really ever change. In fact, they most often just get magnified as they age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Am I the only one...

...who thinks he should have packed up the whole fan-damily, and fully embraced her idea to move down to Florida, and open the B and B in St. Augustine?

Not just for the fresh start with potentially new friends who don't and never will know anything about the humiliation aspects from their past, but also because....

St. Augustine is just a fucking amazing place, and running a B and B is a great way to be your own boss with a family business that can leave an important legacy for the kids. She as much as said it was her dream, and biggest fantasy. Wouldn't finding a way to fulfill THAT be the BEST way of proving to her AND HIMSELF that HE is the only one who can "do it" for her?

I didn't read the other comments, so if someone else already said something similar to this, sorry. But throughout the end of the counseling sessions, I really thought that this might be the best way forward towards the much sought after "happily ever after" conclusion.

That said.....

I'm sure that Slirpuff's point here is that there never was going to be any guarantee of a completely H.E.A. for these two, or even in ANY real life marriage. But you can never stop trying to work on it......or for it....as a team: TOGETHER!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

Why does she want to stay married to someone who doesn’t want to be with her?

As FD45 said, after the one that started all the trouble, how the FUCK can she think it’s a good idea to joke about is loving again?

@Ambivalence – Good points about Adam! She CERTAINLY shouldn’t be using a DATE on their counseling night to break it off with him. They work together, just tell him at the office that she’s going back to her husband! And as you said, HE’S supposed to believe EVERYTHING SHE says, but she won’t believe anything HE says!.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

VOTE 1* FOR EVERY STORY RATED BY THAT MORON VASTIESMITH2 AKA BONNIETAYLOR2 AKA ANON! REPORT THE TRANNY BITCH'S RANTS, PEOPLE!!! IT JUST TAKES 1 SECOND!

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 8 years ago
What happened

It seems like the hero changed to a different chacter for Chapter 2. He seems to have more faith in a lie detector test then his own wife. Not sure I would know where to stand with women like Heather.

racfguyracfguyover 8 years ago
Heather is an "A. B. C."

Asshole

Bitch

Cunt

Steve should have walked . . .

BigBlue9295BigBlue9295over 8 years ago
too long...

Overall this was a pretty good story. Unfortunately, you re-hashed the same ground over and over again. My suggestion would be to cut it to about half of its size.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Bitch of a wife!

Why the hell is Heather dating while they are still in counciling? What a horny bitch!

rlh100rlh100about 8 years ago
What a load of misogynistic MRA crap

Steve is totally responsible for the failure of his marrage. Yes Heather said something that hurt his feelings. Steve's ego and masculinity are so fragile that one comment by his loving wife causes him to go off the deep end. He could have manned up and said "Maybe Heather and I should talk about our sex life and how to make it stronger." I hope she dumps his ass and finds her dream at the B&B. Her kids will know who the assh*le is and who is the loving parent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Kick the whore into the curb

Then shit on her memeory

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
well

Many women dont orgasm with vaginal sex, and many guys dont compensate for that problem.

Cock size just doesnt matter despite it being used in so many stories here.

Women do trash talk, doent mean much, like what guys say to each other about women.

This story highlights some issues, communication being number one.

Although writing she was dating, now that was a major stumbling block. Should have written she was pretending to date to get him motivated.

Because real dates, while in counseling, well, that would have nailed the coffin shut in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
She called her vibrator Brian

The guy that did hit her?

Geez Slirpuff you seriously hate man. She did shit on him and somehow he is the insecure asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
RAAC Bullshit by a Matt M. Wanna be.

You stripped the man of his pride, self esteem and self image and in the process you painted a picture of a weak character that needs his wife to validate his existence.

Ugly story with a repugnant ending.

1 Star because there isn't a -10 star button.

dwhit48988dwhit48988about 8 years ago
What?

My hero Steve is a man of chacther in the first Chapter and then seems to become a person that can not make up his mind in the second Chapter. It is like there are two different people. What happened to the person in the first Chapter?

Tootight1Tootight1about 8 years ago
2nd or 3rd time

Divorce the bitch, plain and simple. Manipulating self serving bitch. His humiliation, wasn't enough, she wanted to rub his nose in it. Sure would be a shame to see her in an auto accident, without the kids of course, or sold to some third world country as a sex slave, with lots of BIG BRIAN's. Who would do that to such a loving wife?

How can any couple go to a female therapist, and expect a reasonable outcome, when they only have the X chromosome, at least a male has both. None of the counselors they had seemed any good. I had hoped that the couple team would be good, but no, it was three against one, he had to lose.

Don't worry Steve, after the kids are on their way to college, she will have lots of real Brian's around and getting a divorce from you. Not to worry you'll still get to pay the mortgage, and utilities for them.

IronDragonIronDragonabout 8 years ago
After reading this tale and the comments...

I agree that there were several big issues here.

1. Wifey went on a "breakup date" with prospective rebound on their Counseling Session night. Seriously? And she wasn't reprimanded for it like Hubby was when he missed his? Really? Ok, whatever. Moving on.

2. Next, the fact that the counselor told Wifey to LIE to Hubby about her future plans to "get a rise out of him." Put together with #1 on this list, and that's grounds for a malpractice lawsuit right there, that would, at the very least, get those counselors' licenses suspended.

3. Now we come to the public disrespect. Even if Wifey was lying to the other wives, she shouldn't have said those things, even as a joke. Disrespect is disrespect, and it isn't about ego. It's about losing the respect of your friends and/or colleagues if you just stand there and take it.

4. Wifey telling their friends that "Steve does it for her" was pretty contrived, as a reconciliation tool/plot device. This tale wasn't about "fragile male ego" at all. It was about disrespecting your spouse, in public, in FRONT of your spouse, and the consequences thereof.

5. Lastly, why did it take her six fuckin' months and Couples Counseling, for Wifey to admit that the main reason she didn't communicate with Hubby about her needs, was because her Ex-Asshole Boyfriend beat the shit out of her?? Maybe if she'd OPENED with that, he would have understood a bit better. But then again, if she'd done that, we wouldn't have had all the drama in this tale. lol

Seriously, though. If I ever disrespected my wife like Wifey disrespected Hubby in this tale, I'd be a fuckin' dead man! Wifey's whole "my ego isn't tied to my pussy" is bullshit. Women have egos too, and that includes in the BEDROOM! Some women don't seem to care, of course, and they're the ones that guys usually call "Dead Fish." Those who do care, on the other hand, do their damnedest every single time! For the record, my lady falls into the latter category! :D

Hubby wasn't perfect either, of course. He failed to communicate to Wifey, even as she failed to communicate to him. He also had a helluva temper. Hell, this is what you excel at, Slirp. You create the best damn flawed characters I've ever read about.

Anyways, 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
great!

It was a fun and enjoyable read. Slirpuff's style of mixing humor into his stories really makes them more interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Of course a woman's ego isn't tied to her pussy

Or at least they THINK it isn't. But let someone tell a woman that she's a shitty lay and watch her either go nuclear in an instant, or let it eat at her until she's spending all her free time reading the Kama Sutra.

Isn't it funny how women will sit there and mock and ridicule men for their egos, when one of the most common justifications for a wife cheating is "He made me feel desirable again"?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ready to talk about fragile male egos?

First consider what happens when she is looking over her shoulder at her reflection in a full length mirror and asks,

"Honey, do you think I have put on a little weight lately?"

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2about 8 years ago
5

to offset the rambling of the asshole of lIT! Dear annony! he reads all of these and then votes 1 regardless of the story. He should be banned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Story

A really great read. The way the story was told, I can understand,

even empathize with why he got back with his wife. But in this kind

of situation I do believe it would be in his best interest to keep her

on a short leash, keep a "go bag" packed, and a good amount of

cash stashed somewhere. You know, Fool me once, shame on you,

Fool me twice, shame on me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Seriously...

When she started dating it would have been over for me.

Utter bullshit.

She never stopped disrespecting him always calling him an idiot, etc...

She would only say he didn't suck in bed after all the bullshit she started, she still kept hammering away at him.

She was mostly bitch.

krnchrmankrnchrmanalmost 8 years ago
Just a matter of time before she cheats

What a moron, she has to think of her abusive big dicked former lover to get off......

So he takes her back and she still disrespects him in front of his friends. That wasn't a joke, it was another dig, a knife in the back. "He's no stud, he just doesn't suck in bed." She doesn't miss a chance to humiliate her husband at any juncture. She lies to him, mentally cheats on him, dates other men during the separation. He just wanted a loving, honest partner. He now knows who she is. He will get what he deserves, another heart ache and the loss of his home and children. So sad, so sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good start, but you excused the bitch

She lied to her husband for ten years. Then she tells the world that and mocks him. This is not about his ego, but about hers.

She made no true atonement, just mouthed words because she still thinks she was never wrong.

EXursusRhereEXursusRherealmost 8 years ago
OMG!

Still refusing to write in American English.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous