All Comments on 'Dear Eric: Letters from Two Lovers'

by JamesSD

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
fregenfregenalmost 19 years ago
I don't know

I liked the story. But, I was left with a feeling of...ambivalence? It wasn't the lack of graphic sex - dare I say that after numerous stories detailing every act imaginable it does get somewhat repetitious?

Maybe it was more of a lack of connection with the protangonists. Hard to feel any empathy toward the wife. She cheated. Okay she told her husband and they both agreed to expand their horizions and now it looks like they have a revitalized relationship which is nice but I don't feel any admiration for her. The daughter? No. She's into her 'wild period' and anonymous sex. But she's honest about it. I don't begrudge her fun but again I don't admire her. Eric? Nah. Pussy hound plain and simple.

The format was good. The letters and emails format was clever and certainly emphasized the difference in the generations. Write some more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Progression? Probably!

A good literary read needing some imagination on the part of the reader.

Eric seems to be a caring man towards his partners, while enjoying what they do for him. The wife reacts to him according to her past experiences and future needs. The daughter reacts as a hormone filled young woman that has some smarts.

The husband, with some smarts too, seems to be going through a midlife crisis that is eventully resolved happily by the situation. Not an unusual happening in the real world.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Cheating story not first time with mom and daughter not me

1 star nothing new. Boring cheaters

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous