Evolution and Adoration

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pelaam
Pelaam
1,331 Followers

"Do you believe he would come willingly?"

"I think he would, but that it would be opposed by Colonel Gethin. I hoped you might cite that we wish to take charge as the incident involved a Takuskan and, technically, was on Takuskan soil. It is our concern and we can therefore demand he is released into our custody."

"It has played on your mind," the Dasan observed. He knew Achaana intimately. Such behaviour was out of character for the well-disciplined Takuskan. He trusted his instincts. "I will give you and Kangi time to be approaching the Base and then call Gethin. If anything has befallen the young human it will not give them time to disguise it. If Gethin prevaricates I will threaten him with instant closure and eviction of the base and its personnel. Contact me when Kangi and you are ready to leave our Base."

"Pila mita, Dasan Nataani," Achaana murmured his thanks before rising and crossing both sets of arms across his body and bowing to his General. He headed out to find Kangi.

Nataani watched and then flicked a switch on his desk communicator.

"Secure line," he said in response to the enquiry. If Achaana was right about Gethin, then Nataani wanted to know all he could about a man that could prove to be an adversary.

****

Kangi glanced across to his companion. Achaana's concern was communicating itself so well that the Takuskan knew that beneath his breastplate his skin would also have shifting reds.

"You are very sure, le mita kola," Kangi observed. He did not remember seeing his friend so agitated before.

"It feels worse as we get closer," Achaana muttered. "It is though he is surrounded by thick darkness. I hoped I might penetrate it."

"Perhaps when he can see you?" ventured Kangi. His empathy was just first level. He could not sense what Achaana could. "If he is but a fledgling, he will not know how to use his gift."

Achaana gave a distracted nod. That could be true and it gave him hope. Because if the human's mind was truly as closed as it felt at that moment, he seriously feared for Jaydon's mental health.

****

At the sound of the lock being released, Jaydon eased to his feet. He knew that delicate internal tissue had been damaged during his assault as well as bruising to his body. In addition, he had only been given water during his incarceration so he felt slightly light-headed. He was sure he had been in the cell around two days given the stubble that darkened his cheeks and chin. In that time he had neither seen nor spoken to anyone. However, he believed the threat of rape was very real and the only respite he got from his headaches was to try and sleep as often as possible or keep his mind purposely blank.

"Get these on quick," Decker rasped, throwing a singlet and shorts to Jaydon. "You're going to appear before the Colonel."

Waiting till the other man had gone, Jaydon dressed rapidly. There was something more going on than just appearing before Gethin. For the first time since the nightmare began, Jaydon could feel his headache abating, without recourse to sleep or blanking his mind. He could feel something...warm, friendly, encouraging...and it gave him hope.

The door opened and Decker and Kevork were waiting. Purposely avoiding looking directly at either man, Jaydon strode forward. He also refused to let his assailants see he was hurt, forcing himself to march towards Gethin's office despite the pains in his body.

As he entered the building, he could not disguise a mixture of surprise and relief. The one emotion he understood, but he could not explain why the sight of Achaana made him feel instantly better.

"Dho!"

The expletive was a whispered breath from Achaana as he saw the young human. He could feel a maelstrom of emotions barely beneath the surface; hurt, humiliation, fear, anger, relief, hope. He could also see the physical signs of Jaydon's distress; eyes that no longer sparkled, shadows that bruised the delicate skin beneath them, hands clenched into fists at his side with such intensity that the knuckles were white. He did not know what the human had suffered, but he made a mental vow that he was not leaving the Base without Jaydon, irrespective of what the human Colonel might say.

"Dasan Nataani contacted me to ensure that Colonel Achaana was able to speak with you, Captain Jaydon," Gethin said, his voice a barely disguised sneer. "I have already informed the Colonel that we are dealing with things in-house and there is no need for Takuskan involvement."

"I made no complaint to you, Colonel Gethin," Achaana growled, "and so I see no cause for you to be involved. What transpired was private and personal. It is I who is at fault for failing to resolve the issue at the time with Captain Jaydon. I have come to remedy that inaction and it is something to be done at our Base."

Jaydon knew he was staring at the Takuskan, but could not help himself. Achaana had not filed a charge. Gethin had lied. Whatever might occur at the Takuskan's Base, Jaydon was sure it would not include being beaten or raped.

"Captain Jaydon is under my command," Gethin said, rising to glower at the Takuskan. "I decide whether he has anything to answer for and he reports to me."

"Not when it is between him and a Takuskan and on Takuskan soil," Achaana retorted, his voice low and deadly. A whispered word and Kangi moved smoothly to block Gethin's view as Achaana turned to Jaydon. Using his true hand, he placed it deliberately on the human's shoulder. He knew Jaydon would recognise it as an intimate gesture and so hoped the human would infer that he could trust Achaana.

"Please, le mita kola, my friend, come back to my Base. Let me put things right."

The intimacy of the gesture was not wasted on Jaydon and he realised that there was a lot more going on than he was aware of. He had no desire to remain on his own Base. He believed he would be safer with the Takuskan. He hoped that if he could stay with them until Colonel Belden returned things would be sorted swiftly.

"If you leave this office, Captain, I will add insubordination, failure to obey a direct command to remain here under my jurisdiction and absence without leave to your existing charge," Gethin barked angrily.

"I choose to accompany Colonel Achaana to his Base, Sir," Jaydon said, his eyes never leaving Achaana's face.

"You'll regret that choice," Gethin snarled, his face contorted with fury.

"I think not," Achaana countered. He urged Jaydon around, aware that the human's strength was rapidly fading. As unobtrusively as possible he slid a lower arm to encircle Jaydon's waist and help support the other man. "Just a little further, le mita kola," he whispered.

It was with undisguised relief that Achaana ushered Jaydon safely in the back of the vehicle and slid in beside him. He heard Kangi give the order to the driver and they sped away from Gethin's office. Achaana did not relax until they had passed through the Base's nominal barriers. He could feel the tremors that shook Jaydon's frame and every protective instinct screamed at him to do something to bring comfort to the human.

He knew there was one thing he could do that he was certain the human would understand and appreciate. Gently, he urged Jaydon to lean against him, wrapping his arms around the shivering male to hold him tightly to his body. It took a moment or two before he felt the human go lax, the recent strain clearly too much for him.

"He has been badly hurt," Kangi observed. 'Even I was able to experience his pain."

"I will take him directly to the medical facility," Achaana stated, absently stroking the bare skin of Jaydon's arm. I would be grateful if you could inform Dasan Nataani of what I have done and why."

"Of course," Kangi readily agreed. Even to his limited empathic abilities, Jaydon clearly needed medical help.

****

"How is he, Helki?" Nataani enquired of his senior medic as he looked down at the sleeping human. Jaydon was on a bed with a light, gauzy cover across his hips and thighs. It seemed strange to the Takuskan that a bed-ridden patient should have their body covered when in a medical facility. However Achaana had insisted that it was what the human would want. Despite the covering, the thick fur at Jaydon's groin was clearly evident, but his sex was obscured. Achaana had also insisted on the bizarre ritual of 'shaving', therefore Jaydon's face was free of stubbly fur.

"He is improving physically," Helki replied, letting the fingers of his right true hand caress the brow of the sleeping mammal. "I will know more of his mental state when I take him off sedation. Achaana has insisted on being present."

"Perhaps Achaana wishes to do too much," Nataani murmured.

"I think it will help, Dasan Nataani," Helki replied, using his commander's title to ensure the other Takuskan understood it was his medical opinion not just a personal one. "Achaana is known and trusted by the human, which is something Jaydon will need when he awakes."

"None other than ourselves, Kangi and Achaana know of what you read in Jaydon's mind about his...assault?"

"Only my nurse who wrote down my findings," Helki replied. "I believe she can be trusted. She has no empathic powers. She cannot feel any of Jaydon's emotions."

"It took a combined effort from myself and Kangi to prevent Achaana returning to the human Base and ripping out Gethin's spine," Nataani said, his tone conversational.

"He seems quite fond of the human," Helki nodded. "He is hoping he can shield Jaydon's mind until he can teach the human basic shielding."

"And of course that means remaining close to him," Nataani added. He let his own true hand briefly touch Jaydon's smooth cheek.

"The human is quite fond of Achaana," Helki murmured as he began to walk away. "That I did not reveal to my nurse."

At the unexpected revelation, Nataani stared down at the young human. Perhaps good might yet come of evil intent, he mused silently.

He knew that Helki had made a disc which detailed Jaydon's injuries and the fact they were not accidental. It was in preparation for the human's eventual return to his Base. Jaydon could not forcibly be removed from Takuskan care, but Nataani had received notification that the human was deemed absent without leave and would be arrested should he return. He hoped that, with Achaana's encouragement, Jaydon would verbally agree to the events Helki had read in his mind. The disc would be crucial to Jaydon's defence. On Takuskan, Helki's findings would be deliberated by a group of empaths of equal or greater power and it would be impossible to deceive them. Regretably, Earth was not so advanced.

****

Waking up was not the tortuous event Jaydon had expected. There was no headache and he was not on the uncomfortable cot in solitary confinement. His eyes flew open immediately as the memory of Achaana coming to his rescue surfaced.

"Gently, le mita kola, take things slowly."

The voice was instantly recognised as Achaana's, but Jaydon could not look at him as his movement had created a wave of dizziness and his eyes had closed once more. He felt a glass at his lips and sipped the cold, sweet liquid offered. The second attempt at opening his eyes was met with much more success. Achaana's smiling, but somewhat anxious, face hovered over him and he was peripherally aware of others standing at a polite distance.

"How long?" he asked, looking into Achaana's tawny eyes.

"You have been here less than a day and a half," Achaana supplied. "Chief Medic Helki has been in charge of your care."

At the mention of his name the older Takuskan stepped forward, crossed his arms across his chest and gave a slight bow to his patient.

"You are healing very well, Captain Jaydon," he said softly. "Mostly your injuries were bruising, although there were others..."

"I wasn't raped," Jaydon said emphatically. Avoiding that threat had become the most important thing in his cell. Despite what Decker had done, it was still not rape as far as Jaydon was concerned.

"I have documented your injuries and the events surrounding them," Helki said, keeping his voice calm and low.

"How?" husked Jaydon.

"I am a Grade Six empath. It is my duty as a physician to heal my patients, physically and mentally. No one other than those in this room is aware of what befell you. I have transcribed your injuries and your memories onto a medical disc for you to take with you when you are fit enough to return to your Base. I cannot give you a time for that, as there is more than just your physical injury to deal with." Helki nodded at Achaana. He thought the rest would come better from the man Jaydon trusted.

"You are a fledgling empath, my friend," Achaana said quietly. "That is why the...ordeal...was so difficult for you. You could not protect your mind from the hostile emotions. I would like to offer myself to help shield you until such time as you can more adequately protect yourself."

"An empath," Jaydon said, shaking his head. The ability was considered a step forward for humanity. It was still a rare gift on Earth. Its negative side was the difficulty in shielding oneself from other's emotions. In many cases an empath needed another, sometimes another empath themselves, who remained at their side helping deflect unwanted emotions. "My headaches?" he asked looking to Achaana for verification.

"The first signs," Achaana nodded. "You do not have one now?" he asked.

"No," Jaydon replied. "Are you...doing something?" he was unsure how to phrase what he wanted to ask.

"I am focusing on you to shield you, although there would not be destructive feelings here. We Takuskan are careful to keep our emotions under control. You would be happy for me to continue? It will mean we will spend much time together, but I would not seek to intrude."

"No, I don't mind. I would like you to help." In truth Jaydon did not mind at all. He wanted time with the Takuskan. Perhaps there was yet hope for them to be more than friends.

"I would prefer that you spend another night here in the med lab," Helki said. "I want to ensure you cope well enough to be permitted to leave. Achaana will be close by and visit you often."

"I will come hourly," Achaana said, laying his right true hand on Jaydon's bare upper arm. It was an intimate gesture, but he wanted those around to know how special this human was to him.

"Thank you," Jaydon whispered. The gesture, even more than the words, gave him a warm feeling. He just hoped that the taint from the attack would not go against him.

****

Pronounced fit, Jaydon had been permitted to dress. He happily wore the Takuskan kilt, a multi-coloured sash around his waist and an ornate cross-band that bisected his breasts, given to him by Achaana, completing his attire. He was then taken to the residence of Nataani and his wife Haloma. He was surprised to find that Achaana had rooms there. He also had to learn the residence etiquette.

"You didn't warn me you housed with your Colonel," Jaydon said, giving a baleful glare to his friend.

"I gave no thought," Achaana laughed. "You are welcome here and the rules are very simple, le mita kola," Achaana assured. "Nataani and Haloma have the rooms on the right of the house. You must not enter any of them without direct invitation. I have rooms on the left where there is also a spare room for a guest. That will be yours for as long as you stay. Bathrooms are upstairs and you are free to enter any that are not already occupied. All of the downstairs is communal and the kitchen is at the back."

"I think I have it," Jaydon said, rubbing at his temple. The Takuskan nurse had been a little less than friendly and, as Achaana had not been there, he still suffered a slight headache from her disapproval. Jealousy had stabbed hard and deep into his unprotected mind before being smothered as Helki had made an appearance.

He glanced appreciatively around. He stood in a large open space, like a courtyard, the floor hard and cool as if made of marble. A large tree with a double trunk was in the centre with seating around it. Ahead of him was a stairway and to its right an archway with a trellis of dark red blooms led to the communal rooms Achaana had mentioned. The room he would have was to the left of the courtyard, accessible through a wooden door and Nataani's rooms were accessed through a similar door on the right.

His was a large airy room. There was a wardrobe in which Achaana had placed additional kilts and sashes, a table and chair in front of a floor to ceiling window overlooking luxuriant gardens and a large bed. As with all Takuskan beds it had a water mattress on the base and gauzy curtains around its four posters. There had been no pillow or sheets. As he had been presented with a pillow by Achaana, with a grin and a flourish, the theatrical gesture had helped him to relax.

"I think you need some peace and tranquillity," Achaana said, taking hold of Jaydon's bicep with a true hand. "I know just the place."

****

Jaydon gave a gasp at the beauty of the lagoon. The twilight sky was adorned with the greater and lesser moons, Muraco and Nikiq, each casting their own larger and smaller silver trails across the midnight blue waters. The thick vines that entwined around the tall, slender trees had large, deep purple blooms whose perfume was reminiscent of a mix of lily and rose. He reached to touch a petal that was as large as his hand. It felt like velvet and he smiled. Then he turned to stare out at the expanse of dark water.

"It's so beautiful and serene," he whispered, almost afraid to disturb the fragility of the silence.

"This is both the most beautiful and most dangerous of the nearby lagoons because of its vast size and depth," Achaana murmured. He was standing close enough to feel the heat of the human's body. He was very pleased that Jaydon had accepted him within his personal space so quickly. It boded well, in Achaana's mind, in regards to their eventual move to a more intimate relationship.

"Dangerous?" queried Jaydon. He turned slightly, surprised to find how close Achaana was. A frisson thrilled his body. Perhaps Achaana did not consider him too tainted despite what had befallen him. He could not deny the pull he felt, mentally and physically to the other male. He gave a shy smile, feeling a blush creep across his cheeks. He was behaving like a teenager.

"There are denizens of the deep that like to feed on more than what they find simply swimming beneath the waters."

"Predators that come ashore?" Jaydon was stunned. He had never heard of such creatures, however, it seemed that the Takuskan kept many secrets from off-worlders.

"They do not come ashore, my friend," Achaana said soothingly. "See that outcrop of rocks that Muraco is illuminating?"

"Yes," Jaydon breathed.

"You are safe to swim anywhere before it. The water is deep enough to enjoy, beyond that it drops so deep even we, who have mastered space, have not seen its bottom. The pressures exceed anything even we are able to create. It is our dream that we will one day conquer inner space, le mita kola."

"Incredible," Jaydon murmured.

"The unktehi are not...I believe the expression is 'dumb animals'. They try and to lure prey into straying into their depths. They are not intelligent, sentient beings; however, they are ruthless predators and they are very dangerous."

"There, what's that?" Jaydon pointed at two large, luminous points of yellow that swayed on the rock before vanishing.

"That was an unktehi. They come to the surface and can spend a few moments in our world before diving back beneath the water. They will not come closer than the outcrop. The water becomes too shallow for them."

"It's still beautiful," Jaydon smiled. "Thank you for bringing me."

"It is beautiful", Achaana nodded, inhaling the rich, fragrant scent of the blooms on the vines. As beautiful as it looked by day, Achaana believed it even more so at twilight. "It is a favourite place for me and so I thought to share it with a favoured friend." It was the closest he had come to revealing his true feelings for the human and he glanced quickly over to see how the revelation had been received. To his delight, the human was grinning widely.

Pelaam
Pelaam
1,331 Followers
123456...8