Evolution and Adoration

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pelaam
Pelaam
1,331 Followers

"Thank you, Achaana," Jaydon said.

"Time to swim," Achaana purred. He quickly unfastened the kilt he wore and stood, waiting for Jaydon, purposely avoiding looking at the human.

Jaydon swallowed. He had taken to wearing a kilt and the cross-band over his shoulder that nestled snugly between his bare breasts, but had given no thought appearing fully naked before the Takuskan. He gave a sideways glance. His friend's penis was still hidden inside his genital slit. He could not help but wonder what it would look like. As his own sex twitched with interest, he pushed those thoughts swiftly aside.

"If you would prefer I will await you in the water," Achaana said, he had felt a wave of arousal, but it had vanished as quickly as it had come. He did not want to make the human uncomfortable and destroy all that he had worked so hard to achieve. However, it was difficult to accept Jaydon did not fully trust him.

Despite the neutral tone of voice, Jaydon could feel that the other male was hurt. He shielded Jaydon from others, but it was harder to shield his own emotions, especially if it was one that was particularly strong. Achaana had taken such good care of him, shielded him, worked tirelessly to ensure he healed and gained strength. He took a deep breath and unfastened the cross-band. He knew his hand was trembling slightly as he unfastened the kilt. The linen-like skirt slithered to the floor, but before Jaydon could become nervous or self-conscious, one of Achaana's true hands gripped his and the Takuskan pulled him into the water.

"The temperature will be perfect for you. Warm, but not too heated so you cannot enjoy a good, hard swim if that is your desire."

They swam and laughed together before stretching out on a large blanket. Achaana looked across at Jaydon. The human was finally looking relaxed and well. Although the shielding he could offer was only superficial at present, it was working and Jaydon could comfortably spend time in the company of others. If his Courtship was accepted, and they did bind themselves, it was Achaana's hope his shielding would become deeper and effective over distance. However, for now he was quite happy to have to keep Jaydon close. He enjoyed the time they spent in one another's company. Since the human liked the lagoon, Achaana would make sure they came often.

****

Walking at Achaana's side, Jaydon listened to the Takuskan carefully to ensure he did not inadvertently offend any of the party guests.

"There is a mix of Primori and Secundi, these are the equivalent to married couples," Achaana said. "You must not discuss my revelations with other off-worlders," he added, locking eyes with Jaydon and laying a true hand on the human's shoulder as additional emphasis. He waited for the nod before he continued. "Primori are the dominant partner and it is their duty to provide for all their Secundi's needs. Secundi are identified as those who wear the breast coverings. Only family, close friends and other bonded couples are permitted to see a Secundi's chest uncovered. It is not meant as an insult to you, le mita kola, my friend, but you are a stranger to virtually all those here today."

"I understand," Jaydon nodded. Now he appreciated why only certain Takuskan wore breast coverings. "But the sex of the Primori is immaterial?" he clarified.

"Exactly so," Achaana said, smiling. "Either may be Primori. It is what is in here," he said tapping at his head, "and here that matters." His true hands dropped to points just above his hips to indicate his main heart and two secondary organs.

"Then the armbands that some are wearing on their true arms..." Jaydon began, his eyes lighting with realisation.

"...indicate a Primori. Just so," Achaana grinned, the true hand squeezing the human's shoulder.

Elation swept through Jaydon, an undercurrent of arousal accompanying it. He could not deny he was attracted to the Takuskan and at times thought that there might be more than friendship offered from Achaana. He was well aware that humans were considered highly promiscuous at best and that his assault was an additional taint. However, as Achaana remained close and showed no intentions of sending him away, Jaydon had allowed the tiny seed of hope to cultivate.

"You will not mind if I circulate?" Achaana asked. "It is expected of me. However, I will keep returning to you and you may seek me out at any time. Promise me," he added.

"I promise," Jaydon said. It would be a trial of how successful Achaana's shielding was when the Takuskan was not at Jaydon's side and both men knew it. "I will be fine. I'll enjoy the food and music and I can step outside if need be. You need to relax and enjoy yourself, too," he added. He put his own hand on Achaana's shoulder, copying what he knew was an intimate gesture. His heart seemed to skip a beat at the smile from the Takuskan.

"We both do," Achaana said. "Let us begin."

****

"Donoma, this is unexpected," Kangi said as the woman sauntered over towards him. If he was honest he did not like the female that had spent so much time in Achaana's company the previous year. She had a supercilious attitude to any she deemed inferior to her which was not a desirable trait in any Takuskan. However, Achaana had seemed taken enough with her to accompany her on several social occasions. He wondered how she would react when she found that now Achaana only had eyes for the attractive young human.

"I am back here for a few weeks and wanted to renew my acquaintance with Achaana. I managed to speak to Haloma. I persuaded her that Achaana would be pleased to see me again, although she seemed reluctant at first."

"Indeed?" Kangi replied as neutrally as possible. Donoma was a stronger empath than himself and he was sure that she would pick up on his emotion. However it was considered impropriety to challenge him. He just needed the first, polite opportunity to get away.

"I see," Donoma said, her eyes narrowing. She had come because it had reached her ears that Achaana had become 'involved' with a human. It was something she could scarcely believe, but her source was usually accurate and so she had dropped her plans and come almost immediately.

Although she, too, considered herself a Primori, there was nothing to stop two Primori becoming bound. It just meant that in public, one would take the role of Secundi. She had already decided she would take on that role. It would allow her to mix in both circles freely and she had no doubts she could manipulate Achaana to get exactly what she wanted.

"Thank you, Kangi," she said, a wave of her hand effectively dismissing the now unnecessary Secundi. She needed another. Her eyes flitted around the room and alighted on another woman, Kangi's Primori.

Donoma sidled over to Oni. This time she would be on the offensive.

"Is that the human Achaana has taken under his wing?" she asked, her voice not revealing her scorn. He was nothing, no threat at all. A warm-blooded, furred creature barely civilised enough to mix in their company. How could anyone believe that Achaana would prefer the mammal's company to hers much less be considering a sexual relationship? Her eyes narrowed, the yellow blazing as she caught Achaana's glance towards the human male. He had not looked at her with such a possessive or proud gaze.

"That's him," Oni whispered. "He had a terrible experience. Oh, I'm sorry, Donoma, Kangi discussed it with me but it's not for public knowledge." Although surprised at Donoma's words, it seemed that the other woman had been given knowledge of Jaydon. It did not occur to her that it would have come anywhere but from Achaana's family.

"Oh, Oni, that's not a problem," Donoma said, linking an upper arm through Oni's and leading her away. "We're such good friends and you know how close Achaana and I are. I expect him to announce Courtship at any time. He'll need me to help him." Donoma was no fool. If there was one thing she knew how to excel in, it was manipulation; even those of her own kind. It would not take her long to know everything about the human. If there was a weakness she would find it. And she would exploit it.

Jaydon could not help but enjoy the party despite its formality and decorum. There was no excessive drinking, no gluttony, no one arguing or making a fool of themselves. It was restrained, like so much of the Takuskan way of life, but the enjoyment was evident and he could just feel it at the periphery of his mind. Achaana's shields were helping, although as a non-bonded pair the protection was not as strong or effective as if they were bonded. He refused to let the idea take root. Achaana had already done more than Jaydon could have expected.

He caught a glance of a female heading towards him. He could not suppress a shudder. Already the negative emotions from her were reaching him. He looked for Achaana, but his friend must have been taken outside by the group Jaydon had last seen him with. Distance and distraction easily caused the fragile shielding to weaken. He tried to fortify his own mind as the now smiling female reached him.

"I am Donoma. You are Jaydon I believe," Donoma said, her eyes raking disparagingly up and down the human male. She let false regret emanate from her and laced her voice with the same emotion. "I am so sorry to hear of your ordeal and at the hands of your own species and compatriots. It must have been terrifying and humiliating."

Jaydon froze, the memory forcing itself into his mind and the emotions following swiftly in its wake. No one was supposed to know why he was still here and to openly discuss his experience was something he had been given to understand was tantamount to taboo.

"Perhaps Achaana has not mentioned me. He probably did not want to overwhelm you with too much too soon. He and I are...close. A Courtship declaration would not be unexpected." She gave a malicious, mental smile at the way the human's colour drained. Let him think what he will. She did not actually say Achaana was about to Court her.

"I...didn't know," Jaydon said, trying to breathe slowly and deeply as he had been taught when emotions began to overwhelm him.

"I can understand why Achaana did not say anything. He is exceptionally dedicated and he will see it as his duty to care for you until you are fully recovered. He would not dream of putting his own needs above yours. He takes duty very seriously. I can also wait," she added with a sigh. "After all, we Takuskan take sexual assault very seriously. We would not dream of physical intimacy before Courtship."

It was not entirely true. Full sexual intercourse would not take place before marriage, but there were many pleasurable ways of sharing intimacy that did not cross that final boundary. However, she was quite sure Achaana would not have gone into any such detail with the now lightly swaying human. Her strategy was working. He was clearly assuming Achaana stayed with him out of duty nothing more or less. Once he left the party she would then work on Achaana, telling him that the human needed his own kind to recover. Achaana would not doubt her.

"No. No of course you can't," Jaydon said. It was getting impossible to breathe or to think. "He needs to dedicate himself to you. I need to go, let him have his freedom." Revulsion, derision and scorn pounded at him from Donoma while his memory added the lust, arousal and hatred of his attackers along with his own fear, humiliation and despair. It was too much; surface shields no match for such a tsunami of negative emotions.

"Please excuse me. I need some air." He hurried away from the woman, not seeing the malicious smile on her face. Although a small part of his mind screamed that Achaana would not have allowed any intimation of more than friendship between them without it being so, the damaged part of Jaydon's psyche saw this as proof he could not be loved by the Takuskan.

Donoma was delighted. It was better than she had hoped. She saw the concerned look from Oni as Jaydon rushed blindly from the room. Part of her thought to chase after the other woman, but Oni moved too quickly towards her own husband. Donoma immediately began to seek out Achaana. She needed to ensure she had already worked on him before he found out Oni had revealed the human's ordeal to her.

Achaana was enjoying the company of a couple of married friends. He was pleased that Jaydon felt relaxed enough to wander around the extensive residence on his own. He was very proud of how far the human had come. Many might have been crushed by the double impact of the emerging empathy and assault. He had taken his father aside and had a long discussion with the older male. His Ate had been concerned, as he expected of a parent, that Achaana was acting out of guilt. However, after a long talk, his Ate was assured of his true feelings towards the human.

His intention was to take Jaydon away once these formalities were over and announce Courtship. He would not allow Jaydon to return to his Base until after they were properly Courted and bonded. He was almost certain that, with time and patience, he could teach Jaydon basic level shielding. That would then give Jaydon much more freedom. He could not be sure of anything stronger. Many bonded couples found themselves in similar situations. It was not uncommon, even on his world which was more advanced than Earth.

Darkness prickled through his mind. It was the same sensation he had felt when Jaydon was suffering and it immediately drew his protective instincts to the fore.

"Excuse me," he murmured, extricating himself politely from his friends and beginning to look for his mate-to-be. He gave a mental frown as he saw no sign of his human.

"Achaana, I have been looking for you."

Achaana stared in surprise at Donoma. He had not been given any notice she was coming to visit.

"I was not expecting you," he blurted bluntly.

"Of course," she shrugged. "I asked that I might surprise you. Your Ate was not available, but I did speak to your Ina."

There was something about Donoma's demeanour that had Achaana instantly on edge. He knew her to be a single-minded individual and she had made no secret that she would find Achaana an acceptable match. Unfortunately, he had failed to negate those ideas and now he wished he had not been so accommodating. He had no intention of pursuing Courtship with this woman. His heart was elsewhere...as was his soul.

"You cannot possibly mind that I am here?" Donoma asked. She was not pleased that the male was acting in a way she had not anticipated. She had firmly believed that her presence alone would have diverted Achaana from the human.

Achaana felt a blast of sorrow that had him initially regretting his brusqueness, however, something niggled. Something felt out of balance with the female. The emotion revealed to him seemed to be purposely projected rather than a true reflection of Donoma's feelings.

"Of course not," he replied. He kept his voice neutral and his emotions fully shielded, but began to probe at the female's shields. As good as she was, Achaana knew he was better.

"I was hoping that we could spend time together over the next few days. Perhaps go away where we can be alone, undisturbed." Donoma leant close, letting her pheromones reveal to Achaana just how desirable she found him. She let lust and want add to the heady mix. It was a complex manoeuvre, but one that had gotten her what she wanted in the past. It meant a lowering of her shields, but she was confident that Achaana would react to her scent, all else becoming immaterial.

"What have you done?"

Achaana's voice was low and deadly, but the wave of emotion that rippled out caused several heads to turn in their direction.

Donoma blinked, taken by surprise by the unexpected question. She glanced desperately around. Oni was staring at her with angry eyes as Kangi whispered urgently into Nataani's ear.

"Nothing," she lied, deciding to brazen it out. There were enough people here that knew her. She was considered an important individual.

"Liar," Achaana spat. "You used your emotions against a fledgling empath. One who has suffered physically as well as mentally and is under my care and protection."

An angry murmur from the increasingly gathering crowd had a frisson of apprehension flow through Donoma's frame. She opted for attack.

"He is a human, many Takuskan know them to be barely civilised mammals. I cannot believe you would challenge me over such a creature."

"He is an empath and he is important to me. I have experienced his intelligence and compassion and my brethren thought highly enough of him to invite him to this gathering. You used his gift against him. That is the act of an uncivilised creature."

The murmur around Donoma reflected the agreement of the crowd. She looked around, but there was no support for her stance.

"You will leave now, Donoma," Nataani spoke, his tones heavy with censure. "You are not welcome at this residence, nor do I wish to have you make contact here again. Go." He turned to the crowd. "Please continue with the gathering. Achaana and I will care for the human."

"I do not know where he would go," Achaana said as he was taken into an adjoining room for privacy. "I cannot feel him."

"Do not permit panic to take precedence," Nataani said. "Focus. You felt him when you were in our Base and he at his. Your link has grown, strengthened. You can find him. You will."

Nodding Achaana closed his eyes. Nataani was right. If he let his concerns and fears override him, he would never find Jaydon. He focused his mind on the man he loved and searched. He used a circular search pattern, widening it as he felt nothing. He gave a cry of elation followed by one of concern as he located his human.

"He is heading in the direction of the lagoon. It is too dangerous for a lone human, especially one in his condition. The unktehi will sense his distress and he has no shields."

"Then we must hasten," Nataani said, already heading for the door.

****

Jaydon realised he had come to the lagoon where he and Achaana has spent so many happy hours. He remembered the Takuskan's warning and simply sat at the waterside looking out forlornly. Muraco illuminated the surface of the dark water and he could see the yellow eyes of unktehi looking towards the shore.

He drew a hand across his face. He was suddenly very warm and the water seemed very inviting. He did not notice that the outcrop of rock where the single unktehi had sat now had two pairs of unblinking eyes focused on him. He stood, unfastening his crossband and kilt. It would be safe if he swam close to shore. The water predators could not come so close. Trance-like he stepped into the water, not noticing its coldness or the outcrop that now housed three sets of yellow eyes. He swam out from the shore a short distance, the water seemingly warm to him.

He rolled onto his back and floated, trying to resolve his churning thoughts and emotions. He would have to leave. He could not allow Achaana to waste more time on him. If the Takuskan wanted another then Jaydon could not, would not, stand in the way. There were institutions on Earth that struggling empaths could go to for refuge. He was sure that Belden would help him get to one. Then he could deal with the outstanding charges against him.

A splash caught his attention. Further out he could see shapes leaping free of the water. Irrationally he thought of dolphins although there were no such mammals on Takuskan. He had once swum with the intelligent creatures in one of their ocean sanctuaries. Unthinkingly he began to swim towards where they played.

He was closing in on them when strong arms and a blast of fear, denial and relief enveloped him, emotions so strong that his vision greyed. He inadvertently swallowed water and began coughing as he was propelled rapidly back to shore. He shivered as how cold it was suddenly registered in his mind. As he was carried onto land he was set on his feet and a large, warm cape was wrapped around him.

Pelaam
Pelaam
1,331 Followers
123456...8