Finding Love Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Margaret sipped her wine as she thought about what Nicole had said. She knew Nicole had a point but it was hard to admit that so she changed the subject instead.

"How could I have not known about her? She was so normal," Margaret said.

"Margaret, you daughter is normal. Just because she prefers a woman instead of a man doesn't mean she's not," Nicole said seriously.

"But being like that isn't normal," Margaret insisted.

"Really? And why do you think that?"

"Because there's a reason why there are men and women. Being with the opposite sex, that's the way it's supposed to be."

"I see. Wish I could agree with you on that one Margaret but the heart, the mind and the body all want what they want. Love and physical attraction isn't black and white, never has been."

"You believe that?" Margaret asked.

"I believe it and I know it," Nicole said and stood. She moved to her desk and picked up a picture frame which she handed to Margaret. In the picture there was a stunningly beautiful young woman with a gorgeous smile on her pretty face.

"That is Amy, my heart, my love, my wife and partner," Nicole said proudly.

"Oh my god, you're a lesbian," Margaret said shocked.

"Yes Margaret, I am and have always been. You never knew, never guessed. My salon is lesbian friendly. Most of the women who come here are gay or bisexual. There's nothing abnormal about us just like there's nothing abnormal about your daughter."

Margaret was shocked. Nicole was a successful young woman. Beautiful and kind. She was always respectful and treated her customers well. Margaret would never have guessed her being anything but a regular young woman with a husband and perhaps kids.

"I never fathomed that any woman I ever met here would be a lesbian. I guess it's not so out of the ordinary after all." Margaret said as her mind came to terms with what Nicole was telling her. She gulped down the last of her wine and asked for a refill, which Nicole obliged.

Nicole waited patiently for Margaret to make the next move in their conversation. Margaret sipped her wine slowly and eyed the picture of Amy that she was still holding.

"She's a very beautiful young woman," Margaret offered.

"Thank you, yes she certainly is," Nicole said.

"You two are happy together, being married?"

"Quite," Nicole answered with a huge smile.

"I don't mean to pry but how does it work exactly between two women?" Margaret dared to ask.

"You're going to have to be a little more specific in what you're asking Margaret," Nicole told her.

"Yes, I was just wondering about the dynamics of the marriage," Margaret clarified.

"Ah yes, you are wondering since I said Amy was my wife, if that makes me the husband, correct?"

"I don't want to offend or intrude but yes, I wondered about that," Margaret admitted.

"You're thinking in black and white again, looking at things from a husband/wife perspective. We are partners; we share the roles that are usually separate in a straight marriage," Nicole told her.

"I'm not sure if I'll ever understand that," Margaret said.

"Well maybe you don't have to understand it, but for your daughter's sake, you need to try and accept it. Does she have someone in her life?"

"Yes. She mentioned that she does."

"Then my advice is to at least try to make peace with the situation. Meet your daughter's girlfriend and get to know her. You might be pleasantly surprised," Nicole told her.

"I don't know; I'll have to think about it."

"Yes, do that Margaret. Think long and hard. Just try to be happy for your daughter, that's she's found someone to love," Nicole ended.

Margaret thanked her for her help and patience. She had a lot to think about and some hard decisions to make.

*

This story, Finding Love, is an original story. This story is copyright protected © by Dru_Druthers. No use, in whole or in part without the express written consent of the author, Dru_Druthers.

Dru_Druthers wishes to express her thanks to her beta reader. Without her editing, this story would not have been as good as it is. Any mistakes found are Dru_Druthers' alone

And lastly Dru_Druthers expresses her thanks to two wonderful friends who supported her and her work.