All Comments on 'Fourteen Day Program Ch. 05'

by toomuchinmyhead

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
SeesFourEverSeesFourEveralmost 13 years ago
Interesting and genuinely disturbing

This is really quite an interesting story so far. I was a bit skeptical in the first chapter at how accepting he was of her disappearing for 2 weeks but the characterization has been good and Ill suspend disbelief as far as the disappearing thing goes. The dilemma hes faced with- either accept her being with other guys and have her be his personal whore or lose her, is a tough one that I actually find rather disturbing. Which I suppose is the sign of a good story. Though Im not sure how this could end well if he has genuine feelings for. The idea that she would place him in the position of having to either lose her or put up with her being the organizations whore is vaguely despicable. Perhaps its my personal preface at work here, but I find it difficult to accept that love could survive in the face of that- which makes this a rather sad/disturbing read so far. As I see it the easy route would be to take this in a darker direction as his feelings for her gradually erode, etc Will be interesting to see if you decide to take it in a more optimistic (and difficult) direction (and how you do so if thats the direction you choose).

mickymouse113mickymouse113almost 13 years ago
about Time

He needs to begin hunting them down.

Noticing how she got there would help. If she drove what was the mileage.

Also research Insititue as they are refered to as clients and not patients.

He should also attempt to review her phone records along with Darlas to establish a connected phone call.

He also missed an opertunity to plant a tracking device in her things. Perhaps now he should put one on her car keys or make her wear a collar with one in unbenonst to her.

He is beginning to realsie that she is no longer who he fell in love with and is slowly losing respect for her.

he also needs to collectg evidence of the organisation to protect himself.

Really hopes that he fights back hard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Yes

Very good one. May he continue to gradually turn his hot wife out to others and we get to read about it. The husband's co-workers, relatives, friends, nosy old neighbor are hopefully in for a treat or two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
ABOUT TIME THIS STARTED TO BOTHER HIM

I dont think there is anyway i could go along with someone else having that kind of control over my wife and our life together. I'm glad its starting to bother Tom. Hope he continues to get angry enough about this to do something about it. There just isnt room in the marital bed for an organization.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Story progressing nicely

The seeds of doubt continue to grow. The Husband is not completely likeable but he is realizing the devil's deal he made when he accepted her changed behavior. Accepting while she was in their custody is understandable, but taking advantage? At least his conscience is beginning to assert itself. And the idea of seeing the wife as 3 distinct facets, very nice.

Please continue.

rainbow001rainbow001almost 13 years ago
Nice

Nice dose of reality in this one. The call came and it had to eat him that she caused this disruption without consulting him. She choose to change herself because she saw an issue coming between them. No talk just go... I am not usually a torch the bitch fan but he needs to take a shot all of them. Well done sir...

nuvi45nuvi45almost 13 years ago
The Ultimate Conflicted Relationship, A real Cliffhanger

Great imaginative tale so far! I am glad that Tom is finally coming to realize the trap that he and his wife Liz are caught up in. Was Liz seduced into accepting the conditioning by Darla and once she started her 14 day treatment, the organization manipulated her conditioning to their end objectives. I could never imaging a loving wife agreeing to be the organizational whore with a unending commitment so she could overcome her inhibitions and make better love to her husband. And if Tom did not agree to or meet the 5 conditions, the organization would recall his wife and the marriage would end? A previous commentator stated that the "organization now owns Liz and she is only on loan to Tom". How does the husband outsmart the organization and keep his wife. Tom has been acting pretty dumb in the story to date and he is their only chance for salvation. Maybe in the end, the true constant in this tale is their total love and commitment for each other. But is it enough to overcome the organization's termination clause "Total Recall" to their marriage? I agree with SeesFourEver's critique of the tale. This tale is heading for a dark conclusion and it will take some real imagination and writer's craftsmanship to pull it our of its current downward spiral and end on a more upbeat note if that what TMIMH wants to accomplish. I hope that Tom gets back his first two wifes; the one he loved and the one he wanted. We are along for the tales emotional ride, wherever it goes. The dialog between Liz and Tom is superb. I only wish the installments were closer spaced. A week is a long time to wait.

Nuvi45

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous