All Comments on 'Hitting the Bottom Ch. 09'

by small_town_girl

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 9 years ago
Agghhhh

You tease leaving it there. Now I want to know what he has planned.

As ever STG lovely writing which just leaves you wanting more. Dr Pappas is just brilliant and I have to confess I flick through the chapters when I open them just to see if he features. Loved that he admitted to a little slip up all those years ago. You sure you aren't a RL trick cyclist ??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
UGH!

Enough said.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 9 years agoAuthor
...

@MJ - ohh i think you're gonna like what he has planned for her! ;-)

as for RL - not only am i not a shrink, i also never had any first-hand experience as a patient. however the human psyche does intrigue me, and i have done a lot of research, albeit from a layman's perspective. i do love Dr. Pappas myself; his character is shaped after a real-life psychiatrist who'd written some popular books of his recollections from therapy sessions, using them to illustrate certain mechanisms of the human mind (and of therapy). there's a picture of him on my Facebook profile (Anne A. Lois) if you want to put the 'real' face to the character :)

Anon UGH - i would love to learn what brought about that response. was it the topic of abortion being discussed (which i realize is a hot button to some, but honestly feel needs to be part of the story)? was it the little switching in there? i love all feedback - good and bad - but can't learn much from 'UGH'...

@eaglejet and @sexydocty - thank you both for the little red heart!

xoxo

Annie / STG

jhollanderjhollanderabout 9 years ago
So very good

Lovely writing, STG. I love how fearlessly deep you're taking their journeys, both together and as individuals. A great continuation to an already powerful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

The writer has me really engaged in the story. Dan's flaws are realistic and I thank you for not making him some superman character. It is difficult for all of us to be honest and to hear the truth but the writer has masterfully weaved these two characteristics into the storyline.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 9 years agoAuthor
...

@justahole - thank you. i recognize i may be going deeper than is comfortable or expected in what is, after all, smut ;-P - especially on a controversial issue like this one. all i can say in my defence is that it feels right for this story. glad you're enjoying it!

@Anon - this writer thanks you :)

amandaxxamandaxxabout 9 years ago
Naughty STG

I want to know what happens next!! Xx

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19about 9 years ago
Absolutely lovely!

I too love the depth to this story, STG. There's so many real things here, picking up after loss, the facing of our own mortality, the struggles around an unplanned pregnancy. Absolutely lovely, and I can't wait to see what comes next!

(Also, hurrah for a tiny sliver of free time, that enabled me to catch up slightly on my reading!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Oh, darn!

I'm a little put out at this moment! I don't know if you plan more, or if I have just HIT THE BOTTOM! I'm hoping for a boy, but as with my own, if it's healthy, the love will be there regardless of sex. Thank you again for a wonderful series. I will be back in hopes of finding chapter 20 or more! Mike

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 9 years agoAuthor
...

@Amandaxx - haha i like being naughty! can you tell? ;-)

i wanna know what happens next, too... RL keeping me away from my writing these days but i promise i'm doing my best to write in the short spells of time i do get.

@fungirl - thank you so much, my dear. with your own crazy writing schedule it's a wonder you get *any* reading done at all. i am flattered that mine is on your short list :) xoxo

@Anon (Mike) - this story had not hit its bottom yet... promise! it's not going to get to 20 though. 10 + epilogue is as far as it goes, i think. but i'm not making any promises; my stories do sometimes turn in ways even i can't expect!

anyways, i'm glad you've enjoyed it so far. now, as chapter 10 is still a while away, i'd invite you to go back to the beginning, so to speak, and read Lucky Bastard and Whiskey and Rye, which are loosely related to Hitting the Bottom (and are really good stories, if i do say so myself! ;-))

also, if you'd like to support a struggling writer and maybe help her cut back on her day job, please go check out my stories on Amazon, where i write under the name Anne A. Lois - i have two stories out as part of two separate anthologies; a group-sex themed boxed-set titled 'The More The Merrier' (where you can find my story 'Tenderloin'), and a 'dark love' boxed-set titled 'The Darker Side of Love' (where you can find my story 'Cookin' Up a Storm'). oh, and all the rest of the stories in those two anthologies are by some of my best author friends, all hall-of-fame'rs here on Lit! i think you're going to really enjoy those two.

anyways, thank y'all for the feedback! please keep those comments and stars coming. i'm a sucker for those ;-))

STG / Annie

always_yesalways_yesalmost 9 years ago
Such honest emotion!

Sheesh STG! You write raw emotions with such power that I can feel them right along with the characters! That plus all of the hot play makes every one of your stories a badass 5 stars! Can't wait to see where this goes although I'm totally team cute little family!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Holy Crap!

This story has been amazing. It feels so realistic reading this. I really appreciate the therapy sessions and open communication. Dan and Sandra are so amazing together. The chemistry is spot on. Really want to read about their happily ever after 😍

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 9 years agoAuthor
...

@always_yes - thank you, my dear!

@anon 'holy crap' - i do try my best to keep it real. thank you for taking the time to comment!

to all - apologies for this looooong break between chapters. RL is keeping me too busy to *really* write (i get no more than 4 hours writing time a week, broken into 1-hour intervals while commuting on the train... yiskes!). but i promise i'm pushing it forward, slowly but surely.

in the meantime, a heads up about my awesome, brilliant friends in The Erotic Collective (read: your favorite Lit authors!) who are about to publish a new erotic anthology titled "Twist" next week... check out Tara Crescent's page on Amazon! :)

xoxo

STG / Anne A. Lois (Annie)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Just a thought

I must say first that the writing is superb and although over the years I have, thanks to the lady with whom I share my life, become something akin to OCD with English I have seen very few grammatical errors.

I was always into spanking etc and have always liked the action but until now have not found a story with the correct amount of emotional input, you have now rectified that and for this I am truly grateful. Please finish this wonderful story and put us all out of our misery! Thanks again for a very exciting and interesting read.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 9 years agoAuthor
...

@Anon 'just a though' - thank you for sharing your thoughts back with me, and such lovely thoughts they are, too! i'm flattered. indeed, this story is more than a quick and simple stroke story, and i'm glad you're enjoying that :)

i'm making great progress on chapter 10 and expect to get it out within a couple of weeks - please stay tuned...

in the meantime, if you are in the mood for a shorter story to ignite your firecrackers this holiday weekend, i have a gift for you (and for ALL my Lit fans and readers):

FREE TODAY ONLY - my story "Tenderloin" - a BDSM / Menage fantasy that is completely fun and over-the-top, but told in deliciously realistic detail.

get it now, before the offer ends: http://tinyurl.com/prrl3ad

...and if you leave your review, i will love you forever <3

xoxo,

STG / Annie

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 10 submitted yesterday :)

hey y'all, just a heads-up that Ch. 10 of Hitting the Bottom was submitted yesterday, so I expect it to pop up on the 'new' list any day now... i'm so freakin' excited!

it's the one before last... and a good one, i promise!

if you need a refresher to remember where we've left Dan and Sandra, well, now's the time... :)

xoxo

Annie / STG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sorry!

I get so involved in reading the story and hurrying on to follow you, that I forget to vote, forget to comment, and most of all, forget to say thank you!

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 8 years ago
Glad I held my tongue last Ch.

Oh woman you continue to blow me away with your writing. The insights in this story are deep and personal, and reverberate in my soul.

Visualizing being outside the door while my love terminated our child ... it makes me weep openly even now typing it. The thought is so anathema to me and yet it is part of our broken world. I don't know if any scene in any story has stricken me so deeply. You've brought us - Dan and I both - through some pretty rough experiences over the last two stories... and yet I've learned a lot about myself through the journey. Learned because you brought out issues that I would not willingly face, and yet, as I've often lamented, your characters suck me in and I find myself compelled to find out "what next".

Thank you both - Annie and the Brit ;) - for sharing your time and talent, and most importantly your heart.

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Am I crying and having an epiphany thanks to an incredibly well crafted story on an erotica site? Yes and yes. Geezus, it's a free psychotherapy for ya and you writer can't start guessing my level of gratitude. If good karma is a thing, plenty of it coming your way.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous