It Has to be Fate Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mica grinned, "Yep! That's what the note said."

Mica pulled out the final drawer on the bottom. Inside were row after row of small paper folders. Mica pulled one out at random. He realized that it was actually a small packet formed by folding two pieces of paper, one appeared to be regular paper, the inner one was a waxed paper. On the front was handwritten: 'Rubies, 5mm rnd 100CTW'. He picked up another, it was bulkier and was labeled: 'Peridot, 8X10 Ov. 100CTW', another said, 'Emeralds, mixed cuts'400 CTW'. Mica carefully unfolded the last folder. Inside were beautiful green gemstones. He showed them to the others.

Billy took the pack and looked at it for a while. He looked at Melissa, "Girl, there has to be fifty Emeralds in this packet. They are very large too! Wow! There are eight rows of packets, it looks like at least 100 packets to the row. Damn, that is 800 packets of gems, and look, it looks like this whole row is nothing but diamonds in various sizes and cuts."

Melissa turned to Dawn, "Want to try on rings with me?"

Mica said, "You girls play, Billy and I are going to weigh one of the bars on the bathroom scale."

They were back in a minute, Billy said, "The scale says this bar weighs thirty one pounds. That means there is 1240 pounds of gold in the back of the safe. The last I heard gold was $250 an ounce. Let's see," he pulled out a pencil, "there are 16 ounces to a pound, times 1240 pounds is about 19,840 ounces of gold. At $250 an ounce that would be, um, about, ah, five million dollars!!! You have got to be kidding! Where in Sam Hill did all that gold come from?"

Mica looked at him, "I don't really know, I do know that he was a very wealthy and successful jeweler with half a dozen stores. Now that I think about it, I think I do know where it came from. He told me a story one time when we were out trout fishing. We were eating lunch and he said that a man he had done business with for many years came to him one time and said he had a large quantity of gold he needed to store for a while. He agreed to store it in the store safe until the man came for it. He said he was not worried about it because he had had many large transactions with the man before. All were verbal agreements sealed with a handshake, all he knew about the man was that his name was Frank Binness, Bidness, or something like that, it doesn't matter. Anyway, that had happened thirty years before and the man had never returned. That is what I think happened. His wife and his two sons died before he did. He left everything to me."

Melissa held Mica's arm tightly and Dawn stood beside Billy. They had heard the story. Melissa said, "Mica, what are you going to do with it?"

"I'm going to do just what he suggested that I do, I'm going to leave it in the safe in the garage for now. You are going to wear and enjoy your new jewelry. I think you need to tell people it is paste gems and costume jewelry. As long as we do not sell any jewelry or gold I think we are safe until we can get some good advice on what to do. I think it would be smart to get a few pieces of the jewelry appraised to see if it is real. We can take several different pieces to different jewelry appraisers to avoid questions. I think we ought to check into the paintings that we found in that other crate. Several looked valuable; some just look weird, like the ones by that Picasso person and that guy Salvador Dali. They may be junk but somehow I doubt it."

"I guess I don't need to say that one word of this leaking out could mean big trouble for Melissa and me. When I figure this out I intend to share with you guys, Dawn and Billy. First I have a couple of bottles of champagne in the refrigerator and I think we really all need to celebrate a little." Mica opened the first bottle and served each of them a glass of champagne.

Dawn looked at Billy, "Thanks Mica, but we do not need the money. You don't have to do that."

"Honey, Melissa and I do not need it either, but we have it. I do need to give some of it to my best and dearest friends. I need to do that or I won't sleep nights. I'm not talking big bucks here, I just mean one or two million. Look at it like this, you will soon have three kids to educate. If you invest the whole amount you can get about 3.5 percent interest on 1 million dollars or roughly 35 thousand a year. You will still have the 1 million." He grinned at Billy, "For that I expect your first born and your wife."

Dawn giggled, "Honey, just forget about Billy, with that much money it is just you and me babe!"

Mica smiled at his wife, then looked at Dawn and Billy, "See, that's the way most women are. When she thought I was poor, Dawn didn't want anything to do with me, now that I am rich she is throwing herself at me. I suspect that our spouses might object if we did anything but shake hands though."

Melissa giggled, "I don't know, maybe I'll share you with her. She is my best friend, and friends share stuff."

Mica looked at her, "Are you serious?"

"You know I am just kidding, so don't get your hopes up."

"Don't be silly!"

"Hey you told me you always had the hots for Dawn."

"MELLISSA! You embarrass me! That's was before I met you. You changed all of that."

Dawn laughed, "Mica, did you really feel like that about me, I'm way older than you are."

"Yes Dawn, in my callow youth I lusted after you, I thought you were the perfect woman. I envied Billy. Then when I matured and met Melissa I realized that it had been merely a childish fascination, 'puppy love' you might say."

"Gosh! That really cut me down to size! I think I am going to cry."

Mica reached out and took Dawn's hand, "Honey, that isn't exactly true, I still think you are a very, young, desirable, and beautiful woman, and I still love you. I always will, but I only lust after Melissa now. I just can't help it."

Dawn looked at Melissa, "Damn girl, he is so damned sweet. If he wasn't yours I would have to have a go with him." She grinned at Billy, "With your permission of course."

"Of course."

The four friends talked for a while and Dawn disclosed that her parents were coming down from their home in Georgia to stay for a week. They were going to take care of the Marker kids for a week while Dawn and Billy took a vacation. They were going to arrive the first Friday in December, in about three weeks.

Melissa said, "Wonderful, you guys need to get away for a while, where are you going?"

Billy grinned. "We have reservations at the Faro Blanco Resort in Marathon in the Florida Keys. We have never been down there and it was highly recommended by a knowledgeable friend. He says the fishing is great and that they have boat rentals or charter boats right there at the Resort."

Mica yelped, "Hey, that's right, I've been there and had a great time. Wonderful spot! It's right in the middle of the keys, super good fishing. You will love it!"

Billy laughed, "Hey, you were the one who recommended it."

"Oh! Mica, I wish we could go too!" said Melissa.

Dawn grinned, "We would love for you two to go with us, we were just going to ask you, we can get a two bedroom villa there if we call back by tomorrow, we have a one bedroom reserved now with an option on the two bedroom villa."

Mica grinned, "Hey, we can trailer my boat down, I have plenty of fishing gear for all of us." They were all happily smiling when Mica looked around, "That is if we can each get a week off then."

Billy chuckled, "I'll guarantee that Mica can get off, do you have leave on the books Melissa?"

"Yes Sir! I have seventeen days left. I think I will be OK."

"If you have a problem, give me a call, I know your boss pretty well, he worked with me to get Mica in my new squadron."

"I don't think there will be a problem, he is begging me to stay in the Corps and not resign my commission next spring. He says I am the best assistant he has ever had. I haven't told him yet that I am pregnant. I figured I'd wait until I started to show a little before I told him."

Dawn laughed, "I can't wait, I have one of those new bathing suits and we'll will both have big bellies by summer. This will be my last chance to wear one, I'm getting too old for that."

"Do you mean one of those tiny little 'Bikinis'?"

"Yeah! girl, you have to get one too! They have them at that little 'Joanie's Sports Wear Shop' in New Bern right on Route 70. I'm sure they will have a better selection down in the Keys though."

Mica smiled at Billy, "Hey are we going to let them expose their beautiful and sexy bodies that way? We won't be able to get any fishing done if they look like that."

"Mica, you go fishing, I'll guard the girls."

"Hey Billy, that is just what I mean, I would rather ogle our beautiful ladies than go fishing any time."

The girls hugged each other and giggled about how much fun they were going to have. Mellissa laughed and said, "Momma would have a conniption fit if she found out I wore a Bikini. Mica's Mom probably has one."

Mica laughed, "I wouldn't be surprised, she still has the body for it."

Melissa agreed, "Dawn, you should see her, she looks about thirty five and she is in her fifties. All her clothes fit me perfectly."

Mica smirked, "She knows how good she looks too! She loves it. I'll hand it to her, she has always worked hard at staying slim and fit. I can remember as a kid hearing her rolling back and forth on the floor to try and make her hips and her butt slim. I have always been proud of how she looked. She was always the best-looking mom in the neighborhood. My Dad loves it when people think she is his daughter.

Dawn looked at Melissa, "Honey, what do you have in your hand, you have been holding it for a long time?"

"Oh! This, I don't really know. I found this little box in with the rings and can't figure out how to open it." Mica reached over and took the small wooden box from her hand. He looked carefully at the cube of hard silky smooth wood. He could see a thin parting line where he thought it opened.

He held the box at an angle to the light and exclaimed, "Hey! There is writing on the top or bottom." He walked to the kitchen sink and wet the top with a damp sponge then wiped it gently with a cloth. "There it is. It says 'The Royal Star of Ceylon.'." He looked closely at the box. He saw a tiny circle in one corner of the bottom. He took the end tine of a table fork and pressed on the little circle. It moved inward a little. He looked around and saw a box of wooden kitchen matches. He placed the end of a match on the spot and pressed in again, he felt the top half of the box move a little. He removed the match stick and saw that the plug or whatever it was stayed up in the hole. He twisted gently and the top half of the box and it turned 90 degrees, then stopped. He lifted and the top came off. Inside was a large ring. The center stone was a lovely bright pink color, cut in a smooth polished dome shape. A brilliant white six-armed star shined in the center of the dome. It was a giant star sapphire surrounded by smaller white diamonds.

Mica handed the box to Melissa. Melissa stared at the ring, "Wow! Look at that stone; it has to be over an inch across. That has to be the most beautiful pink I have ever seen in my whole life. The 'Royal Star of Ceylon' is beautiful. I can believe that it was a jewel of Royalty."

Mica said, "Take it out of the box and put it on your finger, Sweetie. See how a Queen feels!"

Melissa slipped the ring on her finger and held it up and smiled, "Wow! This thing is heavy; I don't think I could wear it for very long. It fits perfectly." She held her hand out and looked at it again, "Then again, I might be able to wear it for longer than I thought at first. Like maybe all day." She pulled the ring off her finger and handed it to Dawn. "Here! You try it on."

Dawn put the ring on her finger and looked at lt. She smiled at everyone, "Gee, it looks right at home there, doesn't it?"

Melissa pretended to pout, "Gimme, gimmie, gimmie."

Melissa frowned, "Please return the ring to its rightful place on my finger before the curse of the Royal Ring causes damage to the finger of a person of common blood."

Dawn yanked the ring off her finger and handed it to Melissa. "Damn, that damned thing was burning my finger. Look at how red my finger is."

Melissa had the ring back in place and said, "It feels very comfortable to me." Mica and Billy looked at each other. Billy said, "Honey, why don't you try on the ring again?"

"NO! I don't ever want to try it again. I don't want to get hurt."

"Surely you don't believe there is a curse on the ring."

"Of course not, but I will not put that ring on again."

Melissa rushed to Dawn and hugged her and cried, "Dawn, I love you, I don't know where that came from. I don't know why I said that. I would never do anything to hurt you. You are the best girlfriend I have ever had. I am so sorry I hurt you! Please! Please! Forgive me!"

Dawn hugged Melissa and kissed her on the lips. "I love you too, girl. You are my best friend too! That ring was burning me though, curse or no curse, I'll never try it on again."

Melissa looked at Mica through her tears, "I know the jewelry really belongs to you, but could I just give one ring to Dawn?"

"No, I don't think so, but I do think it would be OK to lend her some things on a fifty year loan or something."

Melissa grinned, "Come on Sweetheart, let's find something you like." She took Dawn's hand and they hurried off.

Three weeks later the four of them sat on the screened porch of the villa at the Faro Blanco Resort in the Florida Keys, looking out across the Gulf of Mexico at a magnificent sunset. The colors were brilliant and changed often as the sun slowly slipped below the horizon. They had spent the day out fishing on Mica's small boat. They had a fine day and caught a lot of fish. The freezer section of the refrigerator in the villa was half full of beautiful Dolphin filets. They had taken four large dolphin fish to the restaurant across the street. The chef agreed to cook one for them with all the trimmings for dinner later that evening in exchange for the other three fish. He said anytime they had excess fish he would do the same deal with them.

After the sun had set they walked over to the restaurant and told the waitress to tell the chef that the McDermott party was there. She was back in a moment and seated them at a table near the kitchen. A few moments later the chef appeared and greeted them. He asked how they wanted the dolphin cooked, he recommended, deep fried in a beer batter. Then he grinned and said it was delicious any way it was cooked. He asked if they would like it his favorite way. They agreed that they all wanted it that way.

It was not long before they were each served with a large salad consisting of a wedge of a third of a whole head of iceberg lettuce surrounded with cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet bell peppers and sliced red onions. It was accompanied by a basket of fresh baked rolls. They were offered several types of dressing, all were homemade. The four were hungry and went at the salad rapidly. Billy said, "Whoah! Guys, save room for the main course."

Mica signaled the waitress and asked for the wine list. He looked the list over and smiled at the girl, "We are having the dolphin tonight, send us what the chef would have with his, regardless of cost." She returned in a few minutes and said the chef said he had two favorites but that the best was one hundred dollars a bottle. Mica smiled, "Bring us the best."

Billy looked at him and raised his eyebrows.

"Mica grinned, "That is just a sliver off of one of those yellow bars in my garage. Besides, nothing is too good for her Royal Majesty, my beautiful wife and her band of merry commoners."

Melissa looked at Mica sadly, he was afraid she was going to cry. She raised her hand in a elegant manner, The Royal Star of Ceylon sparkled on her finger. She said, "My loyal subjects, please be at ease, it is not required that you bow and advert your eyes in my presence for the remainder of the evening." She smiled at Mica, "You may relax too my dear consort, it will be an hour or so before I require your services."

Mica smiled at His friends, "Would anyone care to hazzard a quess as to what kind of service the Royal bitch is going to receive from my hand on her cute little royal bottom when we get back to the castle?"

Melissa jiggled up and down with her hand in the air, "Me, me, I know, I know!"

Mica looked at her, "Really? What is your guess?"

"A sweet juicy hot kiss!"

"Wrong! Mistress Dawn, would you like to hazzard a guess?"

"Yes! I have reason to believe that the royal consort is going to apply the palm of his large hand directly to the royal bitch's bare bottom with a great deal of force."

"Mica grinned, "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner. All hands will gather at said 'castle' to witness the punishment at nine o'clock this evening."

Their meals arrived and the conversation switched to the food before them. The fish was delicious, with a crisp outer batter and moist flakey fish inside. They were not familiar with one item on their plates and asked the server about it. They were told it was plantains, a member of the banana family and a staple of the Cuban diet. The fried plantains were sweet and delicious and went well with the meal.

The wine was excellent and they all enjoyed it so much they ordered another bottle. They had a wonderful Key Lime pie for desert. When they were finished, Mica poured the last of the wine in each of their glasses. Dawn frowned, "Is that the last of the wine, Billy, why don't you buy a couple of bottles to take back to the resort with us, we have plenty of booze, but no wine and I really like this."

Mica ordered the wine and paid the bill. As they walked across the street to the resort Melissa said, "Wow! I am sure glad we are within walking distance of our place. I don't think any of us are in shape to drive." They walked slowly and enjoyed the balmy warm breezes. Suddenly as they neared the door to their villa, Melissa stopped and pointed, "My God, look at that! It is beautiful." They looked where she was pointing and saw a strange looking vine growing up a wall to the villa. The flowers were huge spectacular feathery funnel-shaped white flowers, about a foot across the blossom.

Dawn walked closer and examined the flowers, "I can't believe we didn't notice these when we walked past here several times today. I think these are the most gorgeous flowers I have ever seen. I wonder what they are called."

Billy and Mica admired the flowers and promised to find out what they were called the next morning. Mica said, "You girls look at the flowers, I want another glass of wine."

"Me Too!" chorused the ladies. Mica fixed each of them a glass of the delicious wine while Billy turned the radio on and found some nice music. They sat sipping the wine and talked about how nice a day they had together. Dawn said, "I think it was one of the best days of my life because it was shared with three people I love dearly."

Melissa looked at Dawn and tears started from her eyes, "Dawn that is so damned true, it is so wonderful to be here with you and Billy. I just don't want it to end."

Dawn grinned at Melissa, "Sweetie that is just how I feel, come and dance with me. Mica and Billy sat and watched the girls sway gently to the music. The girls looked into each other's eyes and smiled. They pulled each other closer and danced cheek to cheek. The two girls danced through two more tunes when Mica said, "HEY! LISTEN UP! It is three minutes 'till nine. It is time for the Royal Bitch to face her punishment."

Dawn stared at Mica, "You are not really going to spank her are you?"

"Of course I am, she was nasty to an elderly lady and deserves to be punished."