Jed Finally Drops Anchor

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm impressed," Mike said and didn't reply when the foreman spat out his gum and said, "He only needs to be tossed once and he'll never pull that stunt again."

Jed said quietly but triumphantly, "I've buried a ghost."

Mike grinned and the foreman simply said, "Huh?" and scratched his beer belly.

At another ranch they found ranch hands watched by the foreman about to bury a mare. The boss was standing by, leaning against the dusty front of his pickup and greeted the arrivals with a friendly wave.

"You spend hours with her Mike, giving her your best shot," said Grayson. "She died early last. The surrogate mare has taken to the filly well, now thinking she birthed twins. We erred putting the old darling out to mate one time too many."

"I should have saved her, the bleeding was so damn difficult to stop."

"That's crap Mike and you know it. You almost pulled off a near-miracle."

"Whatever you say Gray. May I pay my respects?"

"Sure, boys come over here and meet a real city slicker while Mike does the honors. He won't want earth dumped on Bella. Pull out the beers Joe."

The men watched Mike jumped down into the freshly dug hole and remove his hat.

"God, that's just like one of the old-time movies we watched when Mike and I were kids," Jed said. The wiry boss sniffed and grabbed the visitor across the shoulder, almost dislocating the far shoulder with his grip and sniffed again and said, "You're all right Jed. You should stay around here and work as Mike's field assistant. The guy he has as a temp couldn't lift free running chaff."

The guys around them sucking beer laughed and then returned to watch quietly.

Mike started the digger, filled the bucket and then gently tipped the bucket so the soil fell no harder than heavy hail. He did that four times and then left the digger for one of the boys to finish the job. He took a beer and said to Grayson gruffly, "Come on, I must look at Bella's last foal. No way is that little darling going to sicken and die."

Grayson whispered to Jed as Mike examined the foal with a while blaze, "It's his way of releasing grief and transferring his respect to the new generation. Gave her a name, a good name Jed as for sure we are keeping her."

"Jessie."

"Great name and we haven't had a Jessie on this spread since I was a kid."

Mike and Jed arrived home at 3:00. Mike was a little morose until Jessica came through the door and the entire room seemed to burst into light. Jed's mouth opened in astonishment.

"Oh hi guys, we babes got on the wine a bit so dinner may be a bit of a mess."

Mike had jumped up and said, "We lost her."

Jed had expected Jessica to say who, but she said, "Oh God, I'm sorry."

"Don't let our mom hear you say God like that," Mike said, and Jessica regenerated the light atmosphere by laughing heartedly.

"You knew he was talking about Bella?"

Jessica smiled and nodded and Mike said, "Jessica was at my side over Bella for five hours the previous night before she convinced me Bella was doomed. I knew she was of course, but needed the second opinion."

Jed said solemnly, just liked Jessica needed a second opinion about what to wear.

"Or was that me luring you into me lair to see me almost naked?"

"See, sex just oozes from her," Mike said, ignoring his brother's embarrassment. "I've been thinking we should both share your Jessica."

"Ooooh."

"No way Bro and don't talk like that to me in front of Jessica again."

"Okay, I get the message but what's the use of leaving if you don't know where you're going and with a plan. Stay here until you sort yourself out."

"I'd welcome the extra sex," Jessica said without embarrassment.

"I...I...," Jed said, unable to finish.

Mike smiled crookedly, eyeing Jessica. "He pleased Gray by naming Bella's last foal Jessie."

"Jessie? Oh God. How incredibly charming of you Jed and instinctively knowing owners like shorter names or short-form of names for their livestock." She ran over and gave him a sexy wine-tasting kiss. I think you were born to assist Mike and work as a team. As boys Mike always was the leader I guess."

Jed broke away and scuffed a foot and looked up and saw Mike watching him thoughtfully.

Jessica wandered off to change but fell asleep so the men yarned away the rest of the afternoon and then prepared and cooked dinner.

"Go wake her up," Mike said, serving.

"What if she's naked?"

"Go wake her up."

Jed found Jessica in her bra and shorts. He kissed her awake, she pulled him down for a big kiss and then said she was coming and giggled.

Jessica found dinner very much to her liking and said pointedly they worked well as a team. The guys nodded and smiled.

"Are you going to ask him and shall I?"

Mike put down his fork said he would.

"Jed, Jessica and I want you to stay on and I'd like you to become my prime field assistant and that involves some heavy work, especially with horses."

"Okay."

Mike looked at his brother a little hurt. "Is that all you're going to say?"

"Oh, sorry. Thanks."

CHAPTER 4

By the time Deborah arrived Jed he was working well with Mike and already knew most of the medical instruments by name instead of Mike having to point -- and that was just after only a few days. One of the side issues was the rancher's daughters -- and sometimes moms as well -- coming out to look him over, being told the vet's new assistant was his hunky brother. None of the women he'd seen were stunning and he was smart enough to know neither was he the handsome hunk of their expectations.

On the third morning Mike went off to attend update lectures. Mike had not even left the house and Jed was helping Jessica, dressed in a top and shorts, do the dishes when she appeared to have accelerated the number of 'accidental' bumps against him. Jed found pleasure in making her miss with quite a few of her butt contacts but gave her no encouragement. She suddenly said, "Oh crap. Can you finish up? I've just remembered it's my day to take telephone orders at the Vets' Cooperative Supplies. I must dash. Mike and Jessica left together.

Jet cut his nails, put waterproof dressing on his new ranch boots and then wondered what to do. Go to the library and pick up a dame, er book? The phone went.

"This is the home of Mike Smart, vet."

"Yes, but Mike is away."

"May I speak to Mrs Smart here."

"They are both out all day. I'm unable to deal with a veterinary call except to say you can call the cooperative."

"No, I've arrived a few days early. I'm Jessica's sister Mrs Fields."

"Deborah, right?"

"Why yes?"

"Bus station or railway station? I'll come to get you in the one-tonner. How will I recognize you -- blonde, smiley and big tits...er, sorry, well developed like Jessica?"

"Far from it. Brown hair, severe manner and a modest bust."

"I apologize about mentioning bust."

Deborah said that was all right. "Jessica told me Mike's brother was in the area and was cute and cheeky and somewhat of an embarrassment at times. I guess you are the brother Jed?"

"Yes. I'm really sorry. Will be with you shortly to charm you over coffee."

"I'll be in the waiting room at the bus station, dressed in black."

So were most of the women dressed in black sitting alone. Jed stood in the doorway scratching his head when he scanned them and found none to be flat chested, with a face like a horse, brown hair and looking like Mrs Grim. Finally she gave herself away. Jed saw a woman laughing into her hand and when she removed the hand he saw Jessica's smile. He slapped his hand over his thigh in apparent disgust and went back out the door.

"Mr Smart, Mr Smart. Please wait." The woman hurried through the door trailing a suitcase on wheels. He turned abruptly and stopped and she almost ran into him, so he caught her by both arms, steadied her and kissed her open mouth.

"Good God, is that how people welcome strangers in this town?"

"You have a wonderful, highly liberated and highly energized sister Mrs Fields and I believe Jessica would have expected me to greet you warmly on her behalf."

"Warm, I'd call that hot. Please let go of me Mr Smart."

"Oh, pardon me. I appear to have over-extended my welcome."

"I have no objection to the welcome. I have been running and simply wish to straighten my dress and check my hair."

"Will you tell Jessica I made a real hash of my welcome?"

"I find it unlike you are afraid of my sister Mr Smart."

"Deborah, call me Jed. Your hair looks fine and you don't like at all grim and I wouldn't call that a flat chest."

"Mr Smart..."

"It's Jed and you said you were advised Mike's brother was something of an embarrassment. You're not so old that you cannot enjoy the occasional tease, are you?"

"I suppose not."

"And that all you have suffered are some hard knocks and know, in your heart, it's not the end of the world."

Deborah's chin jutted forward and her eyes widened. Then she sighed, relaxed and asked where was the coffee he'd spoken about.

"No, let's finish what I've just started. I'd like you to say to me that you are here with your difficult recent past almost buried in the hope Jessica and my brother and I can help steer you back on course with your spirit restored."

"Why should I do that?"

"Come on Deborah, pretend you are a kid and are excited and keen to begin this new game. What have you to lose?"

"Nothing, I grant you. Very well, I'll play along. I am aware I am merely wounded and am not dying and would like you guys help get me back on my feet and to refire my spirit."

Jed said that was great. "Now hug me and kiss me, on the cheek will do."

Deborah looked at him apprehensively.

"Come on, I'm supposed to be the good guy trying to help you."

Deborah hugged Jed and kissed his cheek without effort, as she was very tall. Then as she began to pull away she suddenly hugged Jed really hard and burst into tears. He pressed her heard into his shoulder and remained still and silent. A minute later Deborah pulled away and accepted Jed's handkerchief.

She sniffed, "That was good, unbelievably good. You won't realize that it's been like a funeral and I have been surrounded only by women."

"Oh I figured that out. Please, give me your suitcase while you hurry over to that white pickup and charm that cop out of writing out a ticket.

Deborah was off and was successful.

They talked over coffee, exchanging personal information and then drifting on to general conversation and then decided to stay and have lunch.

Walking back to the vehicle Deborah asked had Mike and Deborah added another bedroom onto the house.

"No, I'm supposed to be going to sleep at old Mrs Abel's home as she sometimes takes in paying guests. It's just down the street and I'll have meals with you guys."

"It seems such a shame to push you out. Are there two beds in the bedroom?"

"No, but there is a fold-out under the double bed. Are you thinking of sharing the room?"

"Only because it would avoid dislocation."

"It could mean me seeing you in your underwear."

"Have you not seen a woman naked?"

Jed colored and Deborah laughed and said that round had gone to her. "Can you think of any more impediments?"

"No providing I get to choose the fold-out."

"No, you stay in your bed."

"No, and unless I get the fold-out I'm off to Mrs Abel's house."

"Very well. In all probability Jessica will begin scheming to get us to sleep together."

"Really?"

"Yes and you know that because that's Jessica, upfront and full on. You didn't ask what I thought of that idea?"

"I thought it was inappropriate to ask under the circumstances."

"I like that comment. It shows you have sensitivity."

Jed knew few if any more opportunities would built up like this one, so asked, "Would it be okay while you're here that we dated, platonically of course""

After a hesitation Deborah replied, "How very kind of you. I don't see why not."

To soften any possible after-shock, Jed said smoothly, "We could go out with Jessica and Mike as a foursome."

"Exactly. I had no idea my re-emergence into the social scene would come so suddenly. I do believe you'll be a real tonic for me."

* * *

Jessica arrived home and after the initial shriek of surprise and noisy welcome clinch with her sister was left speechless when Deborah said airily, "Jed met me and we had coffee and then lunch and talked for hours. We've decided to share the room."

Jed had called out hi from the kitchen where he was preparing dinner so Jessica pulled Deborah to her knowing this was the first time Debs had met Jed. Her sister had married before Jessica had met Mike and at the time of her wedding Deborah and her husband were not long into a tour of South Africa and reluctantly had not come home for it so Jed had not met them.

Jessica said, "You cannot sleep in the same room with him. That man is uncouth and treats women irreverently and the fact he's lured you into sleeping in the same room illustrates just what a brazen seducer he is."

Deborah sniffed and said who else but Jessica was talking seduction. "God since your late teens you've always had sex on the brain. This is simply an arrangement of convenience as I had no wish to tip him out of his bedroom and I had trouble convincing him to share. If you must know it was I who suggested sharing the room."

For the second time Jessica was lost for words, being a rare experience for her. Then she swallowed and said, "He was supposed to being going down to sleep with Mrs Abel but I had not arranged it as I was waiting to learn your arrival date."

"I presume you meant sleeping at Mrs Abel's house. Well, if he misbehaves he can be sent to Mrs Abel's house. Now, let me look at you. You look wonderful. In the prime to become pregnant, I would say."

Jessica blushed and looked at her sister fondly and told her not to be so silly.

That night Deborah went to bed first, having shown no sign of marital bust-up syndrome since her arrival.

Jessica hissed, "If you dare lay a finger on her or stare at her when she's dressing or undressing you'll have to answer to me."

Mike grinned and Jed scowled and stood. "It's only 9:30. I'm going to knock up Mrs Abel and ask for a bed."

"Sit down and behave yourself," Jessica whispered hoarsely. "You are doing no such think. Deborah would be devastated, thinking a man has rejected her again."

"What's wrong with you?" Jed charged. "Are you jealous?"

Jessica bit her lip and Jed relaxed when he caught Mike's huge grin.

Mike waited until the smile was back on Jessica's face and said, "Have you a supply of condoms on hand?"

Jessica rose abruptly, sending her chair flying, and stomped off to her bedroom.

Jed walked from the bathroom across the hall into the bedroom and received no greeting. He undressed in the dark and pulled on the Playboy silk shorts Jessica had given him from Mike's collection still in their wrappings. Normally he didn't don sleepwear as well.

The bed groaned when he lowered himself into it. He attempted to turn and it squeaked in protest. Jed groaned.

"That doesn't sound at all comfortable. You better slip in here with me."

"No, Jessica would murder me if I did that."

"You'll answer to me if you don't get in beside me."

Jed said he was wearing shorts and Deborah said she expected nothing less.

At dawn Jed awoke with his usual erection. He found himself facing Deborah and she had an arm hanging over his shoulder. He wriggled out and the sheet came off her shoulder. A tit had come free of her gown and it wasn't at all small. Jed jumped out of the bed as if he'd been shot and Deborah appeared to sleep on.

Jessica, Mike and Jed were at the breakfast table, as usual with Jessica doing most of the talking, when Deborah arrived with a bright greeting. As Deborah settled Jessica asked did she sleep well?

"The best sleep in weeks. It must have been having a man in my bed again. Jed sounded so uncomfortable in the pullout."

"I see," Jessica said.

Mike had stopped spooning cereal but his head stayed down.

"Calm down, I suggested it and had to be very firm to get him beside me. Initially he said you'd murder him if he came across."

"Damn right he was about that."

"Well it worked out fine and is permanent. He didn't interfere with me if you were thinking that."

"Damn right I was thinking that."

"For God sake Jessica, we're all adults around here. Relax."

"Don't let mom hear you say that word," Mike and Red mumbled. Jessica burst into laughter and inside the room was sunny again.

Jessica came out to the truck where Jed was alone checking supplies. Mike was in the bathroom and Deborah was washing stockings.

"Jed, I must talk to you very confidentially."

"Leave it Jessica -- it's Deborah's business."

"I'm under stress and it's not that. Jed, I found out on Friday I'm pregnant."

"Whoopee. You know damn well I can't be the father so I guess that leaves Mike and Douglas."

Shocked, Jessica said, "How the hell do you know about Douglas?"

"Irma mentioned it to me, saying you were keen to go to Rio and elsewhere."

"Oh fuck, how embarrassing."

"Give him back to Irma and she'll be happy and may smile at you again in time."

"Oh Jed, what can I do?"

"Which of the possible fathers do you want it to be?"

"Mike of course."

"Well, have nothing more to do with your old man and tell Mike he's a father."

Jessica looked bewildered. "It can't be that simple."

"Stripped of emotion and ethics, it really is. It never ceases to amaze me why women want to make such a big deal out of everything."

"Cut the lecturer. Are you sure it's that simple."

"Of course, do you think Douglas in his social position is going to claim he fathered a child to the wife of his vet who's almost young enough to be his granddaughter?"

Jessica stood with her mouth open.

"Call Mike later this morning and say you've been to the doctor and give him the news and tonight we do out to celebrate."

"Jed you are amazing."

"Yeah right. I've decided I'd like to seduce your sister. What do you think of that?"

"It's fine, I'll work to make it happen."

"No Jessica, leave it alone and let Deborah decided if it's going to happen."

Jed found Deborah in the laundry hanging up the third pair of stockings.

"All hold-ups I see."

"Yes, is that okay?"

"Very okay. Give me a kiss. We're off. I'll see you late afternoon."

Their lips touched and Jed checked her out before turning and leaving. Her boobs were large enough for him to get his head between them. He whistled his way to the truck. He called it a pickup while Mike called it a truck. Today Uncle Jed was happy to allow Mike win at everything. The only downside to this was Jessica. Motherhood would force her to tone down and that was a pity. She was so adorable as a high-octane young woman with a sluttish touch to her persona and a smile for everyone. But Jessica became serious? Get out of here!

Mike wanted to go for a couple of beers to celebrate but Jed, who was driving, took Mike home as soon as they finished work and said Jessica would expect him with her rather than with Jed in a bar. Jessica ran straight to Mike, ignoring Jed. Jed was pleased she was super-focused and he called out at the bedroom door and was told to enter.

"You're dressed up. Are we going on a date?"

"The pregnancy news -- we're going out as a foursome."

"Yes, of course, great," Jed said enthusiastically. "They'll be sometime, what would you like to do."

"Tell me what you'd like to do?"

Deborah didn't smile when she said that and if anything looked nervous but to Jed her tone suggested any reply would be accepted. He thought why not, Mike and Jessica would be doing it any minute now but he must not rush her.

"I'd like to see to the top of your stockings -- I mean the ones you are wearing."