All Comments on 'Luftwaffe Wolf Ch. 01'

by ladyofdark1981

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
enthralling

love the idea behind this story, a very secret service indeed.

Just two small points it is the river Thames and the term used for Germans in WW2 is Jerry not gerry.

Looking forward to the next chapters.

EdwarusEdwarusover 13 years ago
more

actually liked it cant wait for me plz dont take long XD

tartan9tartan9over 13 years ago

Really enjoyed your well written story and I liked the variety of characters so far involved, it is my type of story and will have no problem keeping my attention, please can we have more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Very well written. As I am a German myself, there is yet one thing I'd like to announce: "Vulferam" is a pretty English form of the German name "Wolfram" and completely unknown in Germany. We do not put unnecessary "e's" in words if they're not spoken - that's an English habit - and the sound you describe as "V" is a "W" in German. Still, it's a fictional story and I guess only German readers will notice this anyway. Besides, "Vulferam" looks much nicer than "Wolfram".

catman71catman71over 13 years ago
hmmm

i like, and i think that this story could help with the other by explaining things in one to prevent repeating info in both

nigilnigilover 13 years ago
nice

though has some errors.

First, the prisoner arrives two times? Or you lost me there.

And since you are such a language nazi... errr geek on weapon terms, I'll return the favour :P

Losing (as in lost) is spelled with one 'o'. Loose has a different meaning, as in "loosen up", "let loose" etc.

Found no problems with your german though.

Well my fellow german already commented on the strange (for a german) name Vulferam but it sounds nicer. Maybe Wolfram fits the wolf better :)

ladyofdark1981ladyofdark1981over 13 years agoAuthor
To Clarify

First the name Vulferam is actually the Old Germanic variation of the name Wolfram I thought the use of the old variant would be more fitting for his character.

The term "Loose" is actually to mean "to release" it is Old English in origin. I nearly yelled at the screen during my first viewing of LOTR: Two Towers, Aragorn's order to the Elves to 'fire' their arrows (I was in Christchurch New Zealand at the time hence the 'nearly' for fear of being linched.)

Crewe Hall was an actual POW Camp (Look it up on Wikipedia) it is located in Cheshire and is one beautiful manor. Vulferam's journey took two days with his first night on the drive was in Oxfordshire (nearly 100km from London and around 200km from Cheshire, I know what its like to drive in the UK everything feels like it is further away than it actually is).

My appologies with my typo Themes. The Thames river on the other hand was actually used by the Luftwaffe to find London during their self imposed blackout because of the reflective nature of water and the distinct shape of the river through London allowing the navigation of the bombers to proceed unhindered. The British responded to this by deploying barrage balloons and constructing maunsell sea forst at the estuary.

I hope this hac clarified a few things and thank you for your feed back :Þ I went back to research to double check.

canndcanndover 13 years ago

I really like the story. I look forward to the characters being developed more so we get their personalities. Wondering what you meant by spontaneous turnings being outlawed. I like the wide cast of supernatural characters. I give you tons of credit for your knowlege of history and language and your application of it all in this story. It adds to it to know the places and events are based on true events. Will you tell us why Vulferam is so unfamiliar with his kind while being so old? I look forward to the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Interesting Start

Just starting to read this series, and it does seem to be interesting to start off.

A few corrections, since you asked for them to be pointed out. All in context of your story.

Lose - To lose a war. Would be the word "lost" in past text.

Loose - To loosen up about something that upsets you. Would be the word "loosened" or the term "relaxed" would sound better.

As to the arrows issue, as a Native American I can say with most bow and arrow wording; you either say "Pull back, take aim, and release the arrow"; or say "Let loose the arrow". Not just "loose the arrow".

ladyofdark1981ladyofdark1981about 13 years agoAuthor
My Choice of Grammar

The terminology I use has evolved from old english. It is second nature for me to write that way as it is very similar to what we speak at home. That's life with a man who should have been an english teacher rather than a security guard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
yipeee this takes me back to reading goodnight mr tom in english

yes i am using all lower case letters so any grammatical error will be passed off as intended. i did study ww2 and found your story rang true and can we have a doodlebug?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
comment on german spelling......

if he name is Wolferam in english pronouncing

it is spelt not with a V but a W and pronounce V....

V are usually pronounced like F like Vati as pronounced Fate long e

sorry I have been having problems with his name in when I see it I am

sounding Fulferam instead of Wulferam

just me with my German ancestry kicking in....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous