Mr. Right? Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kathy narrowed her eyes into a glare. "I thought you were supposed to be helping me. How are having secret conversations where he whispers sweet nothings into your ear helping me out?"

Staci began to feel like she was being backed into a wall. Unfortunately for Kathy, that brought out the fire inside of her. She was going to try to hold back without insulting Kathy, because she was a friend, but she wasn't going to sit there and take her verbal abuse. "Look Kathy, I didn't ask him to jump in and defend me, he did it on his own. If he wants to keep me from getting flattened, that's his business. I won't protest, but I can handle myself. He probably just didn't know that."

"You're trying to seduce him."

"How? By getting him pummeled by some drunk? Yeah, I don't think so. You are being irrational and you're bordering on insane. If the guy doesn't like you, give it up. There's no reason to throw yourself at him like some cheap whore."

"Oh, is that how you see me, as a cheap whore? Well, you're no Vestal Virgin yourself, hun."

Staci was silent for a moment, knowing that she had crossed the line and the path that they were taking was a dangerous one. Trying to calm her temper, she took a deep breath."Look..."

"You're supposed to be my friend, Staci."

"Kathy, I'm sorry. Things are getting a little out of hand and I don't respond well to being attacked, verbally or physically. You need to back off for a minute."

Kathy looked like a cat ready to pounce. Staci didn't like Kathy's chances if she got into a fight with her right now, the adrenaline was pumping through her veins overtime and that could only mean a beat down for Kathy. As if he could read Staci's mind, Jesse stepped in between the two women and grabbed Staci's shoulders. "Hey! Let's dance. I'll show you some more swing moves, sweetness."

Staci looked up into Jesse's eyes and felt slightly calmer. "Sure puddin', I'd like that a lot." Moving around Jesse, Staci stood in front of Kathy and took another deep breath. "If I could take it all back I would. I'm not after Matt and I don't appreciate you accusing me. I can't make him like you any more than I can make him stop liking me. He's a big boy. He can make his own decisions, but as for me, count me out of this crazy game. I'm done with this whole thing. It's doing nothing but ruining some good friendships and friends always come before men. That's the way it is and that's the way it's always going to be." Staci turned to Maia, who was at her side for support. "Lady, I'm gonna go dance it up with this hunk for a while, but feel free to cut in anytime!"

Maia chuckled and Jesse's face turned a very interesting shade of red. Staci wished things could have gone a bit differently, but she was just going to have to go with the flow for now.

------------

Staci walked towards her apartment, thinking about the night and its events. She and Maia forgot to do rock, paper, scissors for a Designated Driver because they were so distracted by Kathy, so they both had to walk home. Thankfully, the walk wasn't too far for her and Jesse had opted to walk Maia home, since her apartment was further and her was too drunk to drive as well. Staci was milling over what she said and what a proper apology gift to Kathy would be when a car honked at her from the road. She had half a mind to give the guy the finger, when he pulled up next to her, but decided against it when she saw who it was.

Matt rolled down the window, thanking his lucky stars that he took a drive to clear his mind. He constantly found himself thinking about a sexy chocolate brown girl who had luscious lips to go along with her great curves and sexy body. Clearing his head meant trying not to jack off again, seeing as he had gotten hard thinking about her more times than he'd like to admit. But as fate would have it, he ran into his fantasy woman just as he was imagining her plump lips wrapped around his dick as her smooth brown fingers played with his balls. "Hey there, sweet lady, would you like a ride?"

As much as Staci wanted a ride, Matt had caused her enough problems this weekend to last her a year. What would Kathy say if she found out that Staci got a ride with Matt? She wasn't ready to get into another shouting match with Kathy over something that wasn't her fault, but she also wanted to rest her feet. Walking so far in heels was killing her. Staci weighed her options and decided that her comfort came before Kathy's whining. 'Why am I letting her rule my life?' Staci hopped in Matt's car and gave him directions to her house. The man may have been sketchy, but she was thankful for the ride.

"So, this makes the second time I've saved you tonight. I think I should get a little more than a dance." The look that Staci gave him made him rethink his stance. "Umm....what about two dances and a date?"

"I'm sorry, I can't do the date. But, maybe I can swing a dance or two tomorrow at your shindig."

Matt's smile widened as he thought about having Staci's body close to his own. "I can live with that...As long as your friend doesn't jump me when I'm least expecting it. She's....something, that Kathy. I wish you'd talk to her and make her understand that I'm not interested."

"Why wouldn't you be interested in her? She's a beautiful girl, you know."

"Beauty is one thing, and I admit, her eyes are the kind a man could fall into and get lost, but it takes more than that to keep a guy interested past a night. Don't tell her this, but she's up on the Kappa's "Wall of Shame" five more times than should be allowed and talking to other guys around here makes me realize that she's only out for herself. Where's the fun in that? Where's the commitment? And where the hell is the guarantee that she's not passing around any kind of diseases?"

Staci had to chuckle. Kathy was her own undoing and it made her feel better that she didn't have a chance at Matt. Although, she knew it wasn't right, she couldn't help but be relieved. Matt still wasn't what Staci was looking for in the long term, seeing as he was a jerk during 80% of their conversations, but he'd make an interesting acquaintance at the very least. "Kathy's not the type of girl to give up so easily, I hope you know. She likes to get what she wants and she wants you."

"We all like getting what we want, Ana, some of us are just willing to be more proactive about getting it. And when people are involved, it just gets more tricky and convoluted....believe me."

"Ana?"

"Everyone calls you Staci, but just as you are different and unique, the name I call you should be too. I have yet to hear anyone call you Ana...."

"My mom used to call me Ana, but she's slipped into calling me Staci too."

"Well, fantastic! I get to be the only one."

"I'm not sure I want you calling me Ana."

"Ana sounds better than Staci when moaned in the throes of passion."

Staci fell silent, trying to absorb the fact that Matt knew how her name sounded when moaned and had tried out other options. Staci could feel her cheeks heat. The man was incorrigible. Her slight embarrassment was replaced with the knowledge that she had given up the fight for this man. She looked out the window and wondered how her life had gotten so complicated.

Matt looked over at her and was surprised at the look on her face. It was sad, almost sorrowful. He was upset that he had made her feel that way. Perhaps he came on too strong with his last comment. But, it was true. He had moaned her name many times since meeting her the night before. The brothers probably thought he was some kind of sex fiend or something, as many times as he beat off that day. Matt didn't even know he could get hard that many times, but he wasn't complaining. When he got the real Staci in his arms, she would be pleased by his stamina. He could imagine waking her up at least 4 times during the night for sex and then pleasing her all morning long with his tongue until he was ready to love her some more. He wondered how often she'd want to please him with her plump lips running the length of his cock. He chuckled to himself for getting so distracted while driving his sweet Ana home. He wouldn't want to get into an accident with her in the car. Her safety came first. He made the last right and pulled to a stop in front of her apartment building. He put the car in park before turning to her. "Ana..."

"Thanks for the ride, Matt. I appreciate it. My feet were about to go on strike when you pulled up."

Matt just smiled, knowing that he wasn't going to get anything out of her tonight, which made for an inopportune time to come forward with his feelings. Feelings which he was sure were mired in lust. Perhaps he should back off. She deserved a guy who could love her the way a woman should be loved...with roses and candles and stuff. She deserved to be rubbed in scented oils and pampered to her heart's content. He was more of a hit and run kind of guy, but he had standards too. She was special and he was not worthy.

"It was my pleasure. I hope to see you tomorrow." He quickly scribbled down directions to his house and his phone number. He handed her the napkin he used to write the information on and winked. She smiled in return and got out of the car.

He watched as she walked to her apartment door and let herself inside. He could watch her walk away all night, considering how much he enjoyed the way her booty swayed as she sauntered across a room. That was when he realized that he wanted to be the one who pampered Staci, if it was the last thing he did. He knew that it didn't matter that he wasn't worthy of her right now, he was just going to have to step it up and become the man who was worthy of her affections. He was going to be the one moaning her sweet name as he came inside of her. He was going to be the one she gave her heart to and he didn't intend on ever letting it go. He could tell that somehow she had already had his. He was lost from the first time he heard her chuckle. He didn't mind. He was about ready to settle down anyway. The swinging bachelor act was fine for a few years, but he was getting tired of the lifestyle. Stability was something he was ready to try. Now, to convince Staci of that...it seemed like a logical next step.

12