All Comments on 'Ours'

by steamer5139

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
chytownchytownover 1 year ago

*****Very touching story. Thanks for sharing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Sad Tale

Took it a little far with the dead daughter but grief will do that to a person. Thanks.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
A moving story

All too often the love of our life passes on and all we're left with are memories. You've captured the longing for a lost love extremely well. One of the better stories on Literotica.

MINKXMINKXabout 18 years ago
Cry or smile...

I don't know if I want to cry or smile. I do know this was one of the best writings Lit has offered up to me, and I am a very prolific reader. You have an amazing talent with words and I thank you for the enjoyment. Because I read rather quickly and don't have a lot of patience or sitting still skills, I tend to read mainly in the skim mode. With this, I actually forced myself to slow down and read it word for word. And I am interested enough that I plan to go straight from commenting to see what else you may have written...fingers crossed. Again, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A touching story.

The love of my life is still by my side. Time though is marching rapidly on. I honestly do not fear death; however, the thought of my shadow falling across my wife’s grave fills me with dread.

My best wishes

JoyceRainWalkerJoyceRainWalkerabout 18 years ago
Thank you

What a sweet love. I just spent the afternoon cleaning out the farthest reaches of the last closet in preparation for a move across the country. Those old letters from a man who didn't have your sense of fidelity are just like old leaves from long-buried memories. I envy you your sweet Lisa and know that your love, enduring as it does, is a lovely thing. I hope my new love will find half what you found in your wife with me.

j

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A long lonely journey

Steamer:

You've brought back some dark moments in this travel down life's rough and rugged road. I see from the other comment you've also stirred the angst in others. Yet in the telling there is the love, laughter, and memories that will eventually overcome sorrow and dispair. Well told and Thank You. Ronnie W.

PArebelPArebelabout 18 years ago
Lovely

A touching story.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
You found my soul

I sit here and tremble, remembering March 18, 1967 and the joy of two extremely scared teenagers saying “I DO” and kiss. This will be the first March 18th when I tell her I love her with all my heart that only the voice in return will be the breeze that seems to always be at this place, flowing to my ears. I will tell her how well the children and Grandson are doing and take a dozen yellow carnations and kneel with them as I let my heart speak out. This is my new life and it’s only been less then two months. I am empty inside and will have to find a course that leads to something useful.

On this one particular day for your story to show up has brought emotions of turmoil and tears. I have to go and be near that place now, as there is a feeling of closeness there, though I know my best friend is still here forever part of my soul.

Thank you for what I hope is just a fantasy for you Author.

Thank you so much.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous