All Comments on 'Out of Love Ch. 04'

by jezzaz

Sort by:
  • 583 Comments (Page 6)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The anonymous who wrote the long post several months ago hit the nail on the head. The epilogue trashes the MC's character. Threescore and swapping with him and Chloe after everything they went through. Heck I would have thought that Chloe would forbid it and they just move away to save their marriage. Why even forgive the manipulative jerk friends anyways? I can see Chloe and the MC reconciling but wtf why the four friends? Just start over. And his self analysis that he would be OK with the Montana event if they hadn't tired him out and got him so drunk he passed out, was just totally inconsistent. Crashes the story and quite honestly the series. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really wish the kast two paragraphs had been excised. Also wonder, however, if the MC had bot just run out of town and at least communicated with his wife or tried counseling if it really needed to go to this extent but alas then no story. I don't think Chloe is a bad person. She made a huge mistake (yes in this case a mistake!). It was his four so-called friends who committed a grievous betrayal and their manipulation ls afterwards especially with the rapist lodger were execrable. At least Chloe knew none of the early machinations and when she learned she stormed off to Portland only to be diverted by Dr Ingram. Would have been far more interesting if Chloe had made it to the MC and got to tell the setup and let him investigate from there. That actually would have almost certainly healed their dynamic faster and with more durability. Instead there is an extra couple of months of pain for the MC being led around by the nose, feeling abandoned yet again. Later item: I think Chloe should have done more to address the sex with Jim (Mark was apparently hurried and insubstantial). If Jace is such a great lover according to Dr Ingram (who has much experience and no reason to lie) l, and Jace is packing 8 inches (that is top 1% in length regardless of inane LW tropes), and she is so in love with Jace, then why less than ten orgasms between or at least big ones with "O" faces? That is an elephant in thr room because he really saw his "cheating" wife getting off to see with Jim. That is scarring. I know that was slightly touched on but counseling would have really brought that out. Interesting story sans the last two garbage paragraphs of the epilogue (+ his radical and inconsistent turnabout that he WOULD have joined the swapping) but it was made much, much harder by the painful and crazy manipulation of their four friends. Just go scorched earth and forget them. They did unforgivable damage to their marriage and Jace's psyche. The clear lesson here? Don't have friends that are swingers. Just walk away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My problem with this reconciliation is…

Chloe admitted, without being asked, that she continued to be part of the swapping after Jace left. Apparently, she had no problem with the act when Jace was not there. That should have been omitted in the story or dealt with at the end. That changed everything

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lost a star or two in the epilogue, esp the last two paragraphs J is no better than his 'mates' "chivalry complex" indeed go look it up before you use it.

James G 5James G 5over 1 year ago

Absolutely idiotic ending. He should have beat the hell out of the whole group, exposed the doctor, and never spoken to Chloe the whore again.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

You sure can weave a marvelous tale. Had to look up Croque monsieur, yummy, will have to try that some day. I get the title now. At first I thought it meant love was gone but it really means something done "out of love" and that is a brilliant title. Thank you for writing this story for us to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really enjoy your writing.

That said, and it’s because you made me care for the story and characters enough that I can say this, I disagree with the ending.

The reason I disagree is that J had his trust in Chloe and his friends destroyed by that weekend betrayal. More manipulation, with Chloe a mostly willing participant, does not engender the return of that trust. I saw that you touched on that, and did so rather well, but the reconciliation was pretty far out of character for J.

I also feel that “stealth therapy” is generally doomed, for a variety of reasons. Most of those reasons are also based in trust, and therapy generally works (when it works), when it’s based in truth. As the situation you described wasn’t based I truth, my feeling is it was doomed to failure.

Criticisms now mentioned, I again restate I enjoyed your story! This was my second read-through, and I do visit your other works here.

Thank you!

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nope. Reconciliation? Not her, not them, NOT EVER. Stupid ending to a story that started great and then went straight downhill. 2 stars.

Neva4EvaNeva4Evaover 1 year ago

Great story !

Except for the last two paragraphs

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The authorial pratfall at the end turned the story into contemptible cuck fodder. While the initial incident is plausible, the rest of it becomes more and more implausible as the story wears on. The bit with the ridiculous psychologist character and the cuckout on the final page is intellectually and emotionally juvenile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Plain bullshit ending cuckmiester

ste99ste99over 1 year ago

Other negative comments not withstanding (couldn’t bother to read past a few of them), there is one whole that went unexplored/unexplained at the end. He never mentioned the fact that Chloe told him the group tried group sex again at least once after he left. I’d be curious to know why they thought it was okay to compound their fuckup. He could’ve just as easily not had her mention any such thing when she did, if he wasn’t going to explore that topic at the end.

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 1 year ago

Whew ! I’m exhausted reading over and over and over again about poor little me and how my friends don’t like me and how they manipulated me. Boo hoo ! The author doesn’t know when to quit with all the moaning and groaning and woe is me comments. Way too long for a reconciliation story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very poor character development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well told story ruined by the RAAC ending. Not enough in evidence to take her back. Too many lies and betrayals. How could you ever trust her again or turn your back on her? He certainly needed to do something to ruin Ingram and get some satisfaction on his so-called friends and ex-wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She wouldn't do it again???? SHE DID DO IT AGAIN. She said it wasn't great but she did try again. And at the end they do threesomes? He ruined his life because he didn't want share yet now he shares?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry just too bizarre. Good writer though

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Having read some other work by this author, this series proved to be a great disappointment. The magnitude of the betrayals involved here is too great to allow the reconciliations portrayed to occur. This series is an abuse of the freedoms available to an author of fiction and an insult to the readers of LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Up until the epilogue. So, J and Chloe are into swapping now? All that rage and bullshit, just to come around and let some guy fuck your wife? Shoulda quit while you were ahead with this story.

NikMornNikMornover 1 year ago

I have to admit that the 4 parts were good, but I didn't like the ending at all. I kind of like (given the plot of the story) that it has a happy ending, but I didn't like how he forgives her so quickly, and the fact that at the end ( and although not many times, how is it mentioned) lets another man fuck his wife makes the rest of the story, the WHOLE story of go to waste (Yes, I know that J said that if he had been conscious, also drunk, or had not been tired, he would have agreed to switch wives with his friends, but hey)

Despite all that, I liked this story and I enjoyed reading it, thank you very much author for writing and sharing this great (and very well written) story

lukeey90lukeey90over 1 year ago

This guy was being manipulated from the start of the story till the end....im not surprised it took him that long to know about Army's setup.

cruzer1955cruzer1955over 1 year ago

It was a well written story. It made me care about the main character. I don't have anything against a reasoned reconciliation. This was not that. He was conspired against from the jump. Tricked, exhausted and liquored up to unconsciousness. Then his friends {?} and wife had an orgy, blaming drugs and booze, never culpability. Later they again conspired to trick him into accepting his cuckolding. When he figures it all out he immediately submits. Then lets others fuck his wife. Your story man, tell it your way. My reading, dislike it my way. A cuckold warning would have been appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Terrible ending. There is no way in hell you reconcile after all that was done to him. I'm not saying this had to be at the BtB level, but the MC should have walked away to move on with his life. Author ruined what could have been a reasonably solid story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Unlike some of the commenters below, I can (perhaps) see a way to reconcile with Chloe, but the rest of his so-called "friends"? No way. Cut them all out of your life. Their manipulations and backfires were execrable, not to mention hoodwinking Chloe and starting all this in the first place. Just take Chloe and get the he'll out of there. On a different note, why doesn't Chloe climax? She did with the asshole friend while hopped up on drugs. Is she repressed? Amy/Jessica makes it clear it isn't the MC's equipment or skills. She appears to have a mental block that the drugs and nasty sex allowed her to overcome. But she clearly needs to see a sex counselor. Something is not right.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

Fuck this writer, he’s good, I have rated 5 to all but one story till now.

Feedback on this story, I would say it was bit to much when he passively accepted his ex living with his girlfriend, not the act itself, but the way Amy put it out.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersabout 1 year ago

I'd only recently read the full ingrams series, loved the reference to Jessica.

johng1953johng1953about 1 year ago

Good story though I don't understand why our hero accepted going to sort the tree out alone when in real life all 3 strapping lads would go and sort it out together. I'd have dumped them as friends just for that! P.S. Your editorial help is poor, too many typos. I'd be better if you're looking for someone to read through any future work.

Fiddlesticks49Fiddlesticks49about 1 year ago

After all that and he is now into swapping wives with another couple? Give me a break.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

1 star you fucked this story completely with the last page. It was quite good until the last page.

RAAC rules - a RAAC is NOT possible if there are multiple episodes of sexual activity.

ONE time only and due to alcohol, drugs, blackmail or rape. That clearly did not happen here.

So game over, this story is an impossible cuck/slut fantasy that NO true marriage could ever possibly survive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story should have ended with him say now that everyone is I am gonna do what I should have done that night. Acting up beat he walked to his guy friends and beat the shit out them. And also give Jessica an address to a webpage. When she opens it she realizes the first page is her and all of her employees. There is no world where this can be reconciled. Also thru taps he finds out it wasn’t just an evening. They actually fucked all day gave him the drinks on purpose to have fun with him in the room. They are shady assholes a good man shouldn’t have to go thru that bullshit.

ComefindmeComefindmeabout 1 year ago

Man, I really enjoy your stories, but you have this insane knack to crater the endings. It's like watching an Olympic diver set records in the air and then belly flop on every single jump.

This story was fun, a lot of fun, bit of betrayal, bit of mystery, bit of redemption, the problem is you set your character up as someone who didn't want to be lied to or manipulated, he gets cheated on and bails, makes sense, the dude Bangin his wife hires an expensive whore to manipulate him for months, everything was a lie and he just... Shrugs it off? Its not that it just doesn't make sense, it's that it doesn't even make sense in the world you created, which means the world you created has no meaning, because you've established it has no meaning. It takes a moment that should be cathartic and freeing and smothers it to death in its crib.

Honestly, there should have been another chapter of him leaving and processing and dealing with this, I'm not sure if you've ever been to therapy, but if you found out your therapist was lying and manipulating you the whole time, you don't magically get better, it destroys your sense of safety and self.

I understand that you want happy endings, shit I'm a sucker for happy endings, but this was not the way, .

As always your starts are fives and your ends are ones but I still enjoy the journey, even if the destination is disappointing.

JTassJTassabout 1 year ago

This is the first of your stories that I've read that I didn't like,

It was very obvious and telegraphed that Amy/Jessica was a plant. IMHO This would have been much better with a BTB (or BTA, I guess) ending where J gave them all a taste of how it felt to have somebody else playing puppet master in their lives.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A clear 5 - until the last two stupid paragraphs - what an arsehole So only a 3 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Highly incoherent MC that ruined the entire plot. -1*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

After all that, you swap? Ludicrous ending. 2/5.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Actually just a clusterfuck!! The whole story. And here's an example. He said he butfucked amy/jessica for an hour. Thats bullshit unless the bitch had a teflon asshole installed. Just a stupid series of stories. If it were me when i woke up and found y wife fucking my friend i wouldn't have left, i would have beat jim into a pulp and bitch slapped chloe across the room immediately. Then i would have divorced the bitch for real. They make this story sound like the people were good people of integrity. I call bullshit! They were all trailer trash!!!

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon10 months ago

Awww, a full-on cuckfest, ala Matt Moreau-style! I didn't know you had it in ya!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Congratulations on writing a tutorial on how wreck your own story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I've never seen an author so thoroughly flinch in a game of chicken with their own story. Half of the second page of this chapter is devoted to 'Dr Ingram' jerking off J's ego about being supremely principled, that he's 'everything thing list on the tin'; well, you spent 75% of your fucking story making it clear that infidelity of any stripe is a non-negotiable dealbreaker, only to have that principle undone by three cliche questions from the ringleader of a group that gaslit him for absolute MONTHS.

From reading other comments, fucking up your endings is not a new thing with you. Your readers deserve better for the investment of their time.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Sorry I'm not buying this ending. Reconciliation after all of this lying. Betrayal. Manipulation? Sure. It could happen. (Said with total sarcasm).

Then there is this quote-

"Then, and I say this with years of training behind me, what the fuck is the problem? She made a mistake. It was a biggie. It sucked. You moved past it. Suck it up and be happy you idiot. You don't have to completely forgive or completely forget. You just have to be together. You will find the way to cope. She's obviously not going to do it again and just wants to do anything to make you happy. But stop this punishment, because at this point, it's not her you are punishing the most. It's you. I don't why but you seem to have a deep rooted neurosis about this. Like you caused this, by failing somehow. Just... "

This paragraph might be the biggest bunch of bullshit on this site.

You have an "expert" Dr Ingram saying this to a rightfully angry and manipulated cheated on spouse.

If it were THIS easy?

Then Jesus...a therapist could just say this to every jilted spouse ever wronged and "Abracadabra" the unhappy couple would happily just get back together.

Seriously. I really like this author. He's one of rhe best on the site usually. But this entire series...all the heartache. Lying. Manipulation. Cheating. Paying a professional whore to play emotional games with him. 4 installments written. All as a set up to the grand finale. This big reveal. The grand confrontation. And then this bullshit paragraph appears and makes it all better? They reconcile and are happy again?

What a load of horseshit. Sorry.

Just unbelievable. Unrelatable. And kinda dumb.

HooHaa77HooHaa779 months ago

After re-reading this one (again) I have serious problems with the ending that I have to add to my original comments of a couple years ago.

Okay, all those idiots of the crew make a horrible mistake and destroy a marriage. Alcohol, pot, loose morals and hormones made them do it. Fine, it's the authors justification for what happened. But in an earlier part of the story, AFTER the Incident, Chloe admits that she tried to swing again with the crew but stopped because J wasn't with her? It's just glossed over without a real response. So cheating ruined Chloe's marriage and she hoped to get J back but she attempted to cheat again?!? WHAT!?! Right there J should've been gone for good.

I'm generally fine with RAAC as long as it's earned. I'm not harcore BTB either. This RAAC isn't earned. During the incident, Chloe put herself into a position to cheat AND she/the crew put her husband in a position to fail. She killed the marriage. While she doesn't deserved to be assaulted by the low life or kermit sudoku, she doesn't deserve her husband back. She didn't earn/win him back and she didn't fix herself. She just cried until J was manipulated to come back. As I said in my previous comments swinging/swapping got her there and Chloe didn't recgonize that fact.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I loath this ending, especially the swinging/sharing. Absolutely HORRIBLE. They already fucked up, and now they are playing Russian roulette with their marriage? Makes no sense at all. Just end it. Let them go their own ways peacefully.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

This still comes down to the original, ridiculous set-up. 1) There were TWO tools, a saw and an ax, so two people could work at a time. 2) Why does he have to do it all? Work until he's tired, go in and say, "Next!"

HooHaa77HooHaa779 months ago

Now that I've expressed my dipleasure over the ending (twice) what in my opinion would have made this ending better?

A) J dumps Chloe. J: "Chloe, you cheated on me. I can't get over that. We're done. Also, these other people, you no longer my friends. Dr. Ingram, I'm calling the FBI. Bye." He would've kept his moral code no matter what and could've moved on with his life. Everyone still needs (actual) therapy though.

-OR-

B) No Doctor Ingram. The people involved individually each have a heart to heart with J and explain why they did what they did, admit how and why they were wrong and work with J to fix and atone for the mistakes. (Avoiding revenge sex and swinging in the process.) That would've been more natural and it could've actually mended the breaks.

-AND-

C) Chloe didn't attempt swinging when she was separated from J. Also Chloe and J don't become swingers at the end.

-

This is a fascinating story though. I'd love another author's take on the ending since jezzaz is apparently done writing and will never do a redux.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Oh really. The whole plot the husband follows a sequence and suddenly, he is the most wonderful husband in the world, and his wife's whore, after having humiliated him, cheated on him, etc, etc, etc, is the most wonderful woman in the world.

What a bunch of shit!

Oh my God!

Did your brain melt when you thought of this ending!?

What a bunch of shit!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Let's leave a little analysis.

Her husband has been screwed in every way that has been and can be.

He freely receives those who have manipulated, deceived, destroyed his life from top to bottom.

These sons of bitches convince him that his wife is wonderful.

And the husband listens to them!!!!

And not only that, but they convince him to stay married to a bitch!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This author is simply bad in creating endings for their series. Notice high scores for earlier episodes then much lower for the last episode.

Main messsage: avoid reading a series from this author, or be prepared to be disappointed after spending energy, time, etc to read the series.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

With all of that talk and speech like he is some kind of masterful detective he leaves out the part where after that night at the cabin and he was gone she again attempted to have sex, or did have sex, with that group but admitted it was not good so they didn't continue. So it is not really all about a one night "mistake" with Mark and Jim and even one of the women. It was repeated and THEN the receipt of the Dr etc.

Guy is better off without her.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

One star. Once a cheater always a cheater.

rnl2211967rnl22119677 months ago

In short. The ending sucks lazy

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Trying ing not to pile on but if you went looking vitriol from trolls you succeeded.

sneakoneoutsneakoneout7 months ago

So after all that they swap anyway. I hope she hid her cum face from him.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0357 months ago

Terrible ending to a pretty good series.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nope! He should have smashed a beer bottle in his face, crushed his testicles and then left the whore there.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hmm I don't know how I feel about this ending man. 5 stars but I don't think I liked the ending. It felt like these horrid machiavellian friends schemed to fuck his wife behind his back (Wendy whispering in her ear like the snake in the garden bringing Chloe in on the scheme), then schemed again on an epic level to--essentially--fuck with his mind.

Then at the end he ends up swapping--letting another dude fuck his wife--anyway. He also claims he would have joined in the night at the cabin if he had been drunk and high with them. So essentially his beef was that they lied and manipulated him, not the actual sex. Then he continued to get lied to and manipulated by those same ppl again all culminating with him taking his manipulative opportunistic wife back. Our MC just felt all over the map

Helen1899Helen18996 months ago

Trying to rebuild a a marriage by having threesomes, sorry I am not into that 3*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Yep. I read that with a sense of foreboding. Surely no one can write a character as being intelligent and fundamentally decent, and then have that character throw it all away and lock his own cuckcage. Wrong again, old man

joesijoesi6 months ago

Can‘t explain how much I hate this story!

Pappy7Pappy75 months ago

All of that pontification and what it boils down to is that while his "friends" lied to and tricked him to get at his wife, she is the one who betrayed him, knowing that he was against almost everything that they did or conspired to do that weekend. And then to plot to give him multiple helpings of sloppy seconds? I can't see any kind of reconciliation on his part. If he is such a unicorn why does he have to cave into the ex because he can't get anyone else? He is portrayed as a emotionally crippled loser. No wonder all of the alphas in the group didn't respect him, especially his "alpha" wife. I didn't score this one because if I had I disliked the premise enough to give it a one and your writing deserves more than that.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I’m going to follow Pappy’s example and not score vote this for the same reason, your writing is good, but I loathed the story's direction.

An absence of malice does not vacate the deception; the whole weekend was a set up, they were seeking to lure him into participating in their swapping lifestyle, something that they all thought was not something he’d go for if sober! The wife, Chloe, was in on it.

That they went ahead and copulated while he slept, he having been duped into a hard day’s labour chopping and sawing up a tree whilst they got high and boozed up (no doubt talking and joking about their plot to induct Chloe and J into their wee sex club) …. no consent from him, no discussion, just .. oh well he’s asleep, never mind lets get it on anyway. Wow, just wow. Nope, no. That’s that. Bye y’all, and good riddance to the lot of you ya toxic sods.

Jim

inka2222inka22225 months ago

It was very wrll written (jezzaz is good), but I didn't buy the forced reconciliation at the end. No, you can't "love" someone who so casually fucks you over. No "chilvalry complex" can do that. He should have just had that last talk, and walked out of there forever, and found a woman who cares AT LEAST as much about him as herself. Because EVERY. SINGLE. STEP. OF. THE. WAY. this was ALL about her, what she wanted and needed. Even "fixing" him with the hooker (sorry, therapist, i don't really see a difference, point is both are professionals and not genuinely interested in him) was only about assuaging her guilt and allowing her a chance to get her blood sucking proboscis into him again. 1 star for the whole set of stories, despite the quality.

ejsathomeejsathome5 months ago

561 comments should tell everyone something about this story. I read it quite a while ago, but I never forgot it. In my re-read, I was reminded how wonderful the story telling was - just masterful. Thanks again and again.

vanyevanye5 months ago

I think once Amy got sexually involved with the stripper, without clearing it with me ahead of time, I'd have been done. The problem, every time, is no one is asking, they're just doing. Then again, when Chloe admitted to knowing the scheme, I probably would've taken her back, but I absolutely would have completely cut off our old "friends".

I will admit, I honestly thought the entire time that Jim or Mark had drugged the beer.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright4 months ago

It's still bullshit, they set him up to chop wood all day knowing he'd be tired. Then feed him alcohol till he passes out. He said it himself when he got back that the party had already started without him. All this other shit with Amy and kicking the guy out of the house was just stupid. None of that changed what they did without him. All the other stuff is just white noise, the only the that should matter is they made sure he wouldn't be there for the orgy.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Was the author high as th characters while writing the story? Who in their right mind would take back the wife? Who knowingly went along with the plan? and as usual love overcomes all with the wise words of the bitch dr Ingram, ehh but it's a wimpy cuck story ... Those who loves wimpy cuck husband who will take back his wife who literally shows no remorse, just a few tears and boom they are back, will love this story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So they misjudged him, and it tore his marriage apart. This can happen. Then they get STUPID and try to manipulate him AGAIN to restore his marriage? THAT is beyond ludicrous. It is hubris at its worst. Then to have it go over 4 months does NOTHING to change the fact that the original sin never was resolved.

Thus, there is no way of resolution for Chloe cheating. Even worse is that they compounded it when he found out about the 2nd manipulation. Fail ending.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Four chapters that comes across the likes of CindyTV.

FeltfixerFeltfixer4 months ago

She still chose to be fucked next to her sleeping husband. That would have been a dealbreaker for any normal husbanf.

Total disrespect

BrianluvsBrianluvs4 months ago

Omg what great f in entertainment. I could not walk away. My elderly neighbor I'm in Ohio, cold broke several water line s I take care of our elderly. My point? I was reading this laing in water 8 degrees fixing her pipes lol . .Bravo dsm m I get goosebumps thinking .Thank you for sharing your talent be well

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Firstly, great story, 5 stars. My second time reading, about two years in between. But most of you don't know the truth. This was all a set up from the beginning and he never saw it or did and couldn't accept it. They all knew he was a stick-in-the-mud and wasn't likely to go along with swinging. Almost every character even made a comment about him being such a buzzkill. So the plan was to make him clear the tree (Why wouldn't the other dudes help?), then feed him much alcohol and no food. Eventual coma. Then they all get to fuck and suck all night, especially both men getting to take his wife while he sleeps in front of them. Covert humiliation of the bore got them off. Yes, even dear sweet Chloe. Shit hit the fan and they thought they were fucked but then realized that he hadn't put the most grievous piece into the wicked puzzle and they had a chance to recover. They got away with an absolute fucked up, evil betrayal. The worst part is Chloe still fucks them all behind his back when she goes back to Spokane without him. Muahahaha!

mfj77mfj773 months ago

Interesting story, interesting comments. Having re-read this, I must agree that the so-called friends truly betrayed J. What kind of friends send one person to clear a tree anyway? Would certainly expect some help on an ALL-DAY job. And Chloe should certainly have had some moderating influence on the amount the J was given to drink so that he would not fall asleep. (but she didn't and that would be a different story) In the end, as in so many RAAC stories, the main character loves the wife soooooo much, that he fails to move on and settles for the hand he has been dealt rather than finding a different, more satisfying solution. I think Dr. Ingram showed J that it was not the sex between Chloe and others that upset J so much, but rather HOW it came about. In the end, J accepted Chloe's "cheating" and forgave her (mostly). The idiot "friends" got caught up in their lust and without being able to use J's normal, stabilizing influence, got carried away both at the cabin and after the fact. At least, one can say that the purpose of using Dr. Ingram was well meaning even if the means were certainly duplicitous.

There's probably a sequel waiting to be written about 5 years down the road . . . does everything fall apart . . . or together? Might be fun for someone to attempt to write.

The writing alone deserves 5 stars even if the subject matter or premise is not to one's liking. Lots of drama, couple of twists and turns.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Omg....I am such a weak person I NEED to be manipulated, please manipulate me into taking my cheating ex wife back..... Please manipulate me and while you're at it, put on a cock cage cause I need that too

LegacybadLegacybad3 months ago

It was a good story, I liked it. But fuck the ending man. I just dont see it. "Just suck it up" oh ok. Thats all I needed to . Damn.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Dear anonymous from 9 days past. Not to put too fine a point on it, but S.T.F.U! Write your own stories instead of leaching someone else's and telling us the 'truth' about what really happened. The only one who can do that is Jezzaz, or others, if it's offered, which I didn't notice anywhere...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The scores for this series speak for themselves. And remember, this was in the era of higher scores all around for loving wife stories.....

mariverzmariverz3 months ago

No, sencillamente NO.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Not near as good as anything else by the author on this site. But…..it won’t kill you to read it

Dlh143Dlh1432 months ago

What an incredible pussy! He should have run amok with an axe! Men and women both! This is the worse story I've seen in a year. Negative 5 stars!

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger2 months ago

My second reading and I really like this story, unlike many comments, I find it difficult not to have, if not a liking, at least a certain sympathy with all involved. As the author makes clear, nothing was done out of malice, and even the bits they got hugely wrong were done with good intentions.

Barring the lodger, there are really no bad people in this story. If anyone doesn't have at least one seriously good friend with a habit of fucking up from time to time, you don't live in the real world. 5-10 years down the line I'd hope if it were real life that relationships would be pretty much restore, forgiveness offered and accepted as happens with your truest friends, those who you know ultimately have your back.

We all have opinions, thankfully they don't have to be the same, but in mine this is one of the best constructed, most well thought out stories here, given it's relatively brief. Gave it 5* first time round, no reason to change that.

Well done and thank you.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 month ago

Reread for the enjoyed drama/angst, But how you crafted/created Chloe in this piece unfortunate — she becomes a 1-dimensional character as she reacts to Jace. Get that piece is all about him, but you could have made her real.

Calico75Calico75about 1 month ago

This is well written by an excellent author who has not posted on this site for 4 years. Regardless of how well written it is, the content definitely hits people in different ways. I hate ( as the reader is supposed to) the manipulation by these "friends" who love this couple so much. Two things surprised ne. One--that J and Chloe ended up together--not shocking but surprising. Two--that J was not tempted to kill Amy/Jessica for being an arrogant, controling bitch. I guess the best stories are those you think about later and this one fits in that category.

secretsalsecretsal29 days ago

The setup was quite good, the denouement less so. Not the breakdown of the scheme, that was interesting. Just the hurried conclusion after.

Chloe's miserable ass deserves forgiveness and possibly reconciliation, but the way they took to get there was pretty obtuse. The story even acknowledges that, but then just says it's ok, you just need to be together.

Still, unique and interesting story for the most part, and nailing endings is pretty hard, especially for the trickier tales.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

A good story. Kept my interest for sure. Two thoughts: Underlying this story is the thought that one person is not enough to fulfill someone sexually. Every character is this story is fucking multiple people as a matter of course. I don't agree with this at all, in fact it's the opposite of my belief. I can accept that others don't have the same relationship/love/foundation, or however you want to term it. What that means is our MC threw an immature hissy fit since the extramarital sex just happened without his direct agreement. It seemed like he was being either duplicitous or immature, waking up to his wife fucking his friend. Seemed to jump on board easily latter on. I guess his wife lost her preciousness once she was shared. Degraded the story for me since it was not internally consistent. He was a big asshole too at times. Anyway, entertaining read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjezzaz@jezzaz
I don’t know why this bit exists? Like I’m gonna tell you about myself.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Out of Love Series Info