Second Chances

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*****

The work day ended mid-afternoon so everyone could get home to get ready for the big office holiday party.

Earlier in the week I had gone shopping for a new dress. After all, this was going to be my first party as a 'single lady,' so I HAD to do everything I could to look good!

I was nervous enough just to be going alone, even more nervous that EVERYONE from the office will be there, including Kurt. I told myself that even though my budget until the divorce is settled was tight, that it would be a good idea to go to my first party in a new dress since I am working towards a new chapter in my life.

I had tried on so many dresses, not liking anything for any of the usual reasons us girls find to not like something we try on, and was about to call it quits and settle for whatever was the newest old thing in my closet.

As I was heading for the door there it was on the end cap, like it appeared out of nowhere, because I surely would have noticed this dress earlier. It was perfect. Modest enough to not be slutty, yet it had a very sexy look to it. Plus it was in the color that I get the most compliments on when I wear it. I tried it on and it slid over my curvy body perfectly, and gave such a new gracefulness to my look that I had tears of happiness in my eyes.

I hadn't ever been so excited over buying a dress and the way it looked on me since I was married. My husband never took us out anywhere that would cause us to dress up.

Every year I dreaded the office party because it was a battle from the time the invitation appeared until the end of the party night itself. If he couldn't wear a ragged pair of work jeans and an old flannel shirt he would bitch up storm until I would say forget it we are staying home.

The only times I never backed down was for this office party, because I had to make an appearance. Being head of projects, it wouldn't look right not being there. It was an inside joke that 'the old man' took attendance and considered it an insult if his managers didn't show. I would have to put on the happy face and rarely had the enjoyable time that I should have had at a party like this.

As I stood in front of my full length mirror fresh out of the shower, hair wrapped in a towel, I looked at my 40+ year old body asking myself, 'Is this a view that could turn a man on, or am I setting myself up for a lonely future?' Taking a deep breath, I removed the towel from my hair. The coolness from my long hair hitting my back just past shoulder blades gave me a chill and my soft nipples perked up.

I tousled my wet hair deciding how I should style it. Should I wear it like I do every day at work, twisted up in back or let it go long?

After playing with it I decided to wear it long. When I wear it long my hair has a soft natural wave that enhances the lighter blonde highlights in my natural dishwater blonde color.

The dress that I bought was Christmas Red, a perfect shade of red for me. It was mid-thigh in length, had a satin slip with sparkly matching red lace over lay and a small slit up the right side of my outer thigh. It was very flattering to my curvy shape, and strapless, which enhanced my second best feature, the girls. My legs have always been, in my opinion, my very best feature.

I even found an outrageously expensive matching pair of stilettos for the perfect finish. I also went so far as to shop for new lingerie, to give me that sexier-on-the-inside feeling that I was needing. I wanted to go all out and treat myself for my first big party.

As I was getting myself ready I was running thoughts of the party through my head. What I would say when any one asked where my soon-to-be ex was if they hadn't heard of my news for some reason? How should I act if Kurt had any kind of remarks to my choice of dress for the evening?

Things around the conference table and casual meet ups have had a change in the atmosphere between us. I was confused about the vibes. Were they just my imagination from being lonely and on my own for the first time in my life? I got married the summer I was out of high school to the only man I had ever dated ... if you can call the things we did dates. I was young, naïve, and clueless.

I tossed many different scenarios around in my head while getting ready. All too soon, my phone rang. It was Kurt confirming that I was going to meet him before the party at the lounge of the hotel, and to confirm the time.

Once that was all settled, I put on my lip gloss and I took one last, long gaze in the mirror at the woman staring back at me. It was a vision I never saw in myself before. There was a spark of sexiness in my look and even a smile and glimmer of excitement about going out with no battles. I was actually delighted for the event to get started.

*****

By the time that I finally got to the hotel, it was mid-afternoon. Our company had a great year, and the crews that I led were at the top of the heap. I like to believe that one of the things that brought about a lot of the success that we had was the fact that I took care of my people.

The old man basically left me alone in the way that I ran my jobs, knowing that I was almost always ahead of schedule and usually under budget. That morning, I told both of my crew leaders to have what we called an "appreciation morning," which they knew meant that they should spend the first few hours walking the job sites appreciating all of the fine work that they had accomplished during the week. After that, I would meet them at a local pizza place, where the company would buy lunch, and I bought beers and handed out the Christmas bonuses.

A few beers later, I made it to the hotel. By the time that I checked in, I had enough time to take a quick nap before I had to get up and shower. After stripping down, I laid on the bed and soon drifted off.

I woke up a couple of hours later feeling a bit more refreshed. I called Teri to make sure that we were still meeting before the official start of the party for a drink, and then got in to the shower.

About an hour later, wearing my suit, I walked in to the hotel bar and ordered a beer as I waited for Teri. As I was finishing my drink I saw the bartender look up toward the door, and his eyes widened. Turning to the doorway, I saw Teri walking toward me.

'Holy crap!' I thought to myself as she approached.

I had seen Teri in dresses and skirts before, even dressed up for past company parties, but I had never seen her looking like this. Wearing a red dress that seemed to cling to every curve on her body, her breasts swaying and bouncing slightly with every step, all while carefully balancing herself on a pair of four-inch heels, it took every ounce of strength I had to keep my jaw from hitting the floor.

Showing just enough cleavage to get attention, with the skirt reaching mid-thigh and her long hair down, Teri looked stunning. I immediately felt my blood rushing to my cock as I watched her walk.

"Hi," she said as she reached the bar, placing her hand on my arm. "You look nice!"

"You look amazing!" I replied, helping her in to a seat. As she sat back, I saw more of her leg thanks to a slit going up the outside if her skirt.

"Thank you!" she responded, smiling at me.

I ordered her a glass of wine, and another beer for myself, and we talked for a while, mostly about my visits that morning and the atmosphere at the office. The whole time that we were talking, I was taking in the entire package that was Teri. The way that she looked, the smile on her face, the intoxicating, sensual perfume that she was wearing, all of it was a shocking treat for the senses.

I also noticed while we were talking that she seemed to lean in to me, and touch me on the arm, even brushing me with her leg, a lot more than usual. Or was I just imagining it?

We eventually decided to take our drinks and head in to the banquet room. I helped her out of her chair and as I took care of the bartender, Teri took a couple of steps away. As I turned around, Teri was facing me, and then turned toward the hall as I approached her.

I paused for a second, taking in the view of Teri's back. Again, I'd seen her in skirts and dresses before, but this was different. The way that dress hung on her body made her ass look amazing, and with the heels she was wearing, her legs looked even better.

Teri and I sat at the same table with a couple of mutual "work friends". Dinner was the normal, boring business event, although with good food and drink, followed by boring speeches from the old man and a couple of other execs. Once the band started playing again and the bar reopened, Teri and I each got a drink and started mingling, both separately and together.

A couple of times, I got dragged out on to the dance floor by some of the women that worked on my floor, and I had to admit a twinge of ... jealousy? ... when I saw Teri out there dancing with another man one time, although I certainly enjoyed watching her dance with Shirley and a couple of other women to the fast songs.

As the party went on, Teri and I both had to laugh that every time one of us would go back to the bar, we would find the other one already there. In the back of my mind, I wondered how much longer she was going to be able to keep her heels on. It already looked like she was a little wobbly, and I was sure that taller heels had to add to the effect.

Toward the end of the night, I went to sit down and found Teri already at the table. She smiled as I sat down, and we talked a little.

After we were sitting for a few minutes, the band started playing a slow song, so I asked Teri if she wanted to dance. "I was wondering if you were going to ask me," she said, taking my hand. "I saw you dancing with some of the other women."

"I was just saving the best for last," I told her as I led her on to the dance floor.

As I took her into my arms and we started to sway, my body started to have an instant reaction to having her body so close to mine, this time intentionally. The way that she felt, pressed up against me, her breasts pushed in to my chest, the way that her lower back felt, even through her dress, her perfume still strong enough to be detected this close, it all added up to my blood rush south to my quickly hardening shaft.

Not wanting to freak her out, and not sure of her feelings and intentions, I quickly pulled my hips back just enough so she hopefully wouldn't feel my cock pressing against her belly.

*****

When Kurt first called me about meeting him in the lounge for a pre-party drink, I felt like a teenage girl being asked on her first date. My heart was racing while we settled the time and I finished dressing.

I knew that wasn't the case, after all Kurt and I couldn't possibly be that way. I admit, I have been having some really strange feelings when near him. I think it's the fun, flirty manor that Kurt has that makes it comfortable to play back in the office as we do. But getting ready for this party, being in the sexiest dress I have ever worn to a party, helped add some exciting tension to the way I was feeling tonight. .

When I walked into the lounge I was second guessing my choice of dress. I was about to head back up to my room to toss on something simpler yet dressy when his baby blues hit me just as I walked in to the lounge. The look on his face gave all of the affirmation I needed. I walked over and settled into the chair next to him. Kurt was his usual fun flirty self, but now I wasn't sure how to take his compliments.

As the party progressed it was flattering to feel the looks I was getting from co-workers. It was especially exciting to see the look of approval when Kurt would spot me. I found myself looking to see where Kurt was, who was he talking to, etc.

Several times when I caught sight of him on the dance floor with some of the single and even a few of the married ladies, I'd feel funny pangs that I had to shrug off. I enjoyed looking at him from afar, he looked so yummy in his suit. That is something the soon-to-be ex never wore, no matter the event. I was used to seeing Kurt in job site attire more times than not at the office, and I thought he dressed up very nicely at these events.

I was having such a fun night and now it was winding down, but not before Kurt and I got the dance in that I was hoping for all night. I found myself giving in to some unfamiliar feelings as I let the music flow through my body, weakening in his arms.

All of the drinks were beginning to take their toll on my senses. I felt myself getting too comfortable in Kurt's arms as we danced. I put my arms around him and nuzzled into his neck, inhaling his fragrance. That has always been a weakness for me in men, fragrance.

Not thinking about what I was doing, I got lost in the moment and felt my body pressing harder against him. My body was tingling but I had to resist the sexual urges my hormones were boiling with.

I wanted to whisper in his ear to come to my room, but I didn't want to spoil the night, or even just this dance, with him telling me we were just close friends and we couldn't do that.

I told myself I was just to enjoy the fantasy, that it wasn't the same for him. Plus, I wasn't really a free woman legally yet. Again my damn spouse has found a way to make me mad at another office holiday party, and he wasn't even here this time!

All of a sudden I could feel Kurt putting a little distance in our bodies while the song came to an end.

I looked into his eyes, wanting to say sorry but I couldn't say the words. I wasn't sorry!

Kurt looked at me then said "Someone looks like they had a lot of fun tonight."

"Yes, this has been the best party I can ever remember," I told him. Maybe it was because there was no pre-party battle to dampen my mood before, and I think the freedom of no one constantly telling me 'let's go' sure made a difference. "But I'm afraid I took advantage of the night. I'm feeling a wee bit tipsy".

Kurt offered me his arm once the song finished and walked me over to our table.

He heard last call at the bar so he went and got us a night cap. I was in no hurry to leave the party until the last person was gone. That was something else I never had the chance to experience, and I was taking full advantage of being my own person in charge of my decisions this night.

As Kurt was at the bar, I removed my shoes. My feet were hurting, not being used to stilettos like that, and my legs were screaming for some relief. I was massaging my calf and foot when Kurt returned with drinks each for us.

Smiling at me, he placed them on the table and sat down next to me. His eyes immediately travelled down to my legs, gazing at them for a few seconds.

I suddenly realized how un-lady like I must have seen, sitting with my legs crossed the way that they were. I realized my dress was hiked up my thighs as far as it could go, showing a lot more than I intended, sitting like that. I was glad I bought new panties to go with the dress, because I wasn't sure if they were exposed or not and I didn't want to draw attention to the position if he hadn't noticed.

As I looked around with a slight nervousness, I noticed that the room was now empty except for us. I put my feet back on the floor just as one of the staff came up to us and suggested we call it a night.

With a disappointed look on his face, Kurt stood offered me his hand and helped me to my feet. He took my shoes from my hand and offered me his other arm as we walked out to the hall. I was feeling off balance from the drinks and leaned into him, placing my head on his shoulder as he held me up. Stepping into the hall I felt the cool tile on my tired feet and let out a soft moan, it felt so soothing.

As we stumbled through the lobby, no thanks to my tipsiness, Kurt led us to the the elevators.

*****

As the song ended, I led Teri back to our table. I knew that she had drank more than usual, and it was starting to show. She seemed a little uneasy on her feet, and she was starting to slur her words. She even admitted to being, as she put it, "a little bit tipsy."

Once she was settled, I went to the bar to get us one more round. As I came back, I saw her rubbing her feet and lower legs. Her dress had ridden up on her legs, showing a lot of her thighs. From the vantage point that I had, I could almost see her panties.

As much as I wanted to see more of her, I didn't want to scare her off, so I stopped myself from staring at her. Fortunately, or unfortunately, she soon had her feet back on the floor and was smoothing out her dress.

The next thing that I knew, one of the waiters was coming up to us, telling us that it was time for them to close up. We both quickly finished off our drinks, and I took her shoes from her and held my other hand out. As I helped her to her feet, she leaned in to me, still unsteady on her feet.

After all that I had been drinking, going back to lunch with my crew, I was feeling it a bit myself, but I did my best to maintain myself so I could get her back to her room safely.

I led us out of the room and toward the elevators. I heard her sigh as we walked on to the tile floor, and that immediately got me wondering what kind of sounds I might be able to get from her in more intimate settings.

I led Teri on to the elevator and pressed the button for her floor. She leaned against the back wall and sighed, louder this time. As I looked at her, leaning, looking more beautiful that I had ever seen her, I wanted to take her in my arms and kiss her. I wanted to kiss her long and hard as my hands held her tight.

"Thank you so much," she said softly. "I had such a wonderful time tonight."

"It was my pleasure," I replied.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" she asked, looking worried.

"How could I not?" I told her. "Good food, top shelf booze, and I don't even have to drive home."

"Top that all off with the fact that I got to spend most of the night with the most beautiful woman there, and the night couldn't get much better."

Teri looked at me for a second and smiled. She then looked down, blushing slightly. "Thank you," she said softly.

"Thank YOU," I responded.

Just as I was about to take her in my arms, the elevator dinged and the doors opened on to her floor. She told me her room number and I gave her my arm again as I walked her to her door.

As we reached her door, Teri started looking for her key card. "I'm sorry," she said as she fumbled through her little purse. "I probably should have looked for this earlier."

"No worries," I replied, laughing softly as I looked her body up and down again as I continued holding her up.

Finally, she found her card and pulled it out of her purse. Sighing again, she turned and tried to slide the key card into the slot. I watched as she kept trying to get her door open, either missing the slot, or putting the card in wrong.

After a few tries, she dropped the card and I bent down and picked it up. Giggling, she took the card back from me and tried to get it to work again.

"Here, let me help you," I told her. I stepped behind her and held her hand as I turned the card the correct way and started to slide it in the slot. Teri leaned back against me and sighed softly as I held her.

The feel of her body pressed against me like that, combined with the alcohol that I had consumed, soon had my blood rushing south again, and it was seconds before I felt my hardening cock pushing against her ass.

Teri moaned softly, and I swear that I felt her press her ass back against me just as I got the lock to open. I opened the door and led her in. I helped her toward her bed and dropped her shoes on the floor. As I turned, she was leaning against the wall, looking at me.

"Are you ok?" I asked before I left.

"Yes, I'm fine," she replied, smiling.

"Good." I smiled back at her and turned toward the door.