All Comments on 'The Ice Cherry'

by LawrenceD

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wow

Excellent, well-written, complex story. I thought I was in her head. Great twists and turns leading to the redemption. A cautionary tale for you sick bastards who think it's okay to seduce and rape children.

SadieRoseSadieRoseover 15 years ago
Who Needs A Happy Ending?

This was a wonderful story, I was gripped from the start by your central character's strong voice and the myriad plot turns kept me guessing up to about half way but the denoument was brilliantly executed. (no pun intended) Fantastic!

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 15 years ago
Great

A great story that was hot and steamy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Best story on this website

I don't know, but this was just so wonderfully written you'd expect it to be in a book. An amazing story with wonderful twists, and probably the first on here that even attempted humor (it went well). It really made me feel horrible for the main character of the story, great emotion and detail. Wish there were more stories like this on this site.

MrMudd22MrMudd22over 15 years ago
cautionary tale?

I agree that this is VERY well done, redemption? Cautionary tale?? This is about figurative & ACTUAL murder. Though this is fiction, there are laws & authorities, much less the other parent. So it's a small town & everyone talks & knows everything about everyone else. Then where's some kind of support for Cherry? Are there no consequences for anyone's actions except messing up a friendship? This is far too short a story to work out all of the angles brought to bear on one poor person's descent into insanity. However, I still agree with my initial response __ HOLY SHIT!

JorisKHuysmansJorisKHuysmansover 15 years ago
Soon to be an ABC Family Channel original movie!

Okay, well you're still not going to get any offers from the ABC Family Channel to write a holiday TV movie, I suspect. But this was a very well-done and funny story that hit a number of notes and had some excellent character touches and made its more sordid passages work and not just feel like wallowing in misery. Good job taking the inspiration and running with it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous