Those Days of...Ch. 46-50

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TonyDowse
TonyDowse
223 Followers

So, that's how and with whom I lost it, my virginity. Now, after all that talking I need another drink - and our meal should be here any minute now.' I said to Barbara as I got up and went to refill our glasses.

'So what happened to you and Sheila - you can't just leave it like that.'

'Oh we were very strong for each other for well over a year, I suppose everyone assumed we'd end up getting married. We probably thought the same thing, though we never really talked about it. There were too many other things to do and talk about and settling down was something old people did.

Then I went to university, Sheila to teacher's college and though at first we saw each other almost as often, gradually other things got in the way, I'd be free and she'd have to go to a lecture, then I'd be committed at a time when she wasn't. And of course we were both meeting masses of new people too, our social groups were changing. All the usual things that happen to young people.

Anyway, there was never a finish as such, no row or formal declaration, nothing like that at all - it just sort of slowly fizzled out, a bit hard to explain really. Within a couple of years we were bumping into each other every few months, each realising they hadn't made an effort to maintain contact, neither blaming the other. I suppose it was sad in a way - what we had - and that had been very, very good - simply faded away.

'Yes that is sad. You made her sound like a gorgeous girl - I think I would have liked her, even though, hearing the way you spoke about her I think I'd be a bit jealous of her.'

'Jealous?'

'Yes, a bit. You can't hear it yourself but I could tell from the tone in your voice as you spoke that somewhere deep down inside you there's a place still reserved for Sheila, even after all this time.'

'Maybe we all keep that kind of place for our first, love I mean.'

'And another for our first fuck. If so, in your case you've got the one girl in both places, that can be pretty powerful.'

'Mmm, I suppose so. Anyway, whatever the explanation, you're right - I have very fond and tender memories of Sheila, even to this day.

It's funny to think how different our lives might have been isn't it. Just a few small changes at some time and the whole of the rest of our lives become completely different to what they were going to be. Quite amazing!'

'You mean, like the day I twisted my ankle?'

'Yes, exactly that kind of thing. Some small, insignificant event like that. If that hadn't happened, or if it had happened ten minutes earlier, or later - none of what has happened since would have actually have happened. I'd probably still be living with Julia, you wouldn't have met Mike - and now Steve.' I added hastily. 'It is amazing when you think back to specific points like that.'

Just then there was ring at the front door and the arrival of our dinner brought our philosophising to an end, the organisation of the various dishes, some wine and the appetising aromas that filled the room quickly blocking out such higher thoughts.

TO BE CONTINUED

IF YOU ENJOYED THIS STORY CHECK OUT ALL MY OTHER SUBMISSIONS - AND IF YOU WANT CONTRIBUTORS TO CONTINUE POSTING TO THIS SITE PLEASE DO YOUR BIT AND VOTE!!!

TonyDowse
TonyDowse
223 Followers