All Comments on 'Venus Flytrap Ch. 03'

by PompousBuffoon

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
PompousBuffoonPompousBuffoonover 13 years agoAuthor
A comment from over the transom

We all know that it isn't how hypnotism really works, but it's fun nonetheless. I enjoyed the story a lot, but the end with Jessica and Melissa was really more of a letdown. If it had ended with Jim and Jessica in the hotel, it would have been fine. Otherwise, it didn't make sense. Also, it doesn't make sense that an alpha like Jim (former military + firefighter = definite alpha) would be "okay" with Jessica continuing a relationship with Melissa unless there was some sort of equalizer. Since Jim was about commitment, I doubt that meant that he could chase tail. It would have made more sense if Jessica and Melissa shared Jim since both were his girlfriends. Jim would have thus not had a problem with them being with each other. The problem is that Mark would not fit in the setup (alphas don't share mates). So, the ending is really messed up as it stands.

PompousBuffoonPompousBuffoonover 13 years agoAuthor
I want to respond to the writer of the "Transom" comment.

Thank you for your constructive and well thought-out comment. I agree with most every point. At the end of the third installment, I actually wrote a fourth installment to address most if not all of these points. However I took the general lack of interest, as guaged by the lack of responses to the first three installments as a silent request, that I move on to other endevors.

In the epiloge, as you point out, Jim does indeed end up with both Jessica and Muffy(Melissa). I judged all three to be Alphas and the only way that I could express this was the competative relationship between Jessica and Muffy then the total lack of involvement by Jim in the public intrigues that Jessica and Muffy seemed to relish. Rather, Jim moves in his own professional circles. The three are intended to be seen as being influenced by the presence and the activities of the other two. Jim moves out of his funk and Muffy becomes less of an airhead. The 2 "junior Alphas" become more assertive while Jessica consients to become less so to, while remaining very much the Queen Bee.

But once again, I didn't bother to finish polishing and posting the epilogue, due to the lack of feed back.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous