All Comments on 'What You Wish For Pt. 06'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 687 Comments (Page 5)
The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderover 6 years ago
Top Hole - Big Fan Sir

One of the best stories I have ever read, loved it. You developed the characters really well, and the females came across strong, and each was different and consistent. Good work with Marisa, who must have been the most difficult, but probably the most fun to write.

I also agree with the comment that you should write a novel, you definitely have the skills required. The standard novel is 80,000 plus words, so not that many. I usually write at around 110,000 words per fiction novel, and have seven published, number eight on the way. It would be interesting if you wrote the book mentioned in this story, or anything that takes your fancy. I am open to working with your ideas, beta-reading, whatever.

Please keep on writing; you have natural talent and a rare gift to share.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
GREAT STORY

WOW !!! Please don't even think of stopping, you spin a great tale, I look forward to your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Write - and post - more stories please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Praise for your writing

I've read everything you've written that is posted on Literotica and I would like to see more. Please keep on writing.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 6 years ago
Your The Man

A Five is the top rating given. If possible I would give a higher ratings. A griping story with well defined characters and story line well written. I see you have not written any more stories for us in six years. I hope you are well and will write more in the future if you are able. You have a hugh fan base here. Many thanks!

Scone134Scone134over 6 years ago
AMAZING!

From start to finish , twice!!! An unbelievably amazing story by an amazing writer. Thank you!!

qhml1qhml1over 6 years ago
This is one of my top five go to stories

This is one of the few I reread when I bemoan the dearth of really quality writing on this site. If there's a few day's when the top story only gets a 3 rating, I go back and read stories like this, remembering it was one of the reasons I wanted to try my hand at writing. Don't get me wrong, there are a few really top quality writers still around, but they're getting fewer and farther between.

Wherever you are, I wish you well, and thank you for the gems you left us with.

Q

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good stuff lasts!

Not sure why it 7 years for me to find your stories, but I am glad I did finally. Overall, a great story. A little more development of the section of Marissa at the party to explain the sudden shift in her personality would have made her more believable.

I will read and enjoy anything you decide to give us. More, please.

1wrngrght1wrngrghtover 6 years ago
Got it

I've read this tale a time or three

and it's never failed to truly please.

The plot, the people, the dance of love,

I marked 5 stars, couldn't go above.

So why the pause, the long delay

Another story come our way.

I could level the same at D and q

But you're the Judge, I leave it to you.

And yeah, I tried the game once too but with nary a red

What was I to do?

Why change my name and so I did,

A new nom de plume, the old now dead.

You need to start posting again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A gem

The most frustrating thing about Literotica is you have to wade through so much s**t to find the gems, this author can be relied upon to produce just gems.

phil2213phil2213over 6 years ago
Absolutely full bodied female characters in a very well written drama.

This story had it all especially the female characters were full bodied and we'll developed in to the plot with the protagonist, otherwise known as Tyler.

Story telling at its best!

Thank you for your quality contribution which I thoroughly enjoyed and I am grateful for the entertainment.

Richie4110Richie4110about 6 years ago
Loved it!

i founding your nothing but joy in reading a most well constructed and entertaining story with all the elements of human suffering and reconstruction crafted into this novella.

Thanks for sharing your talent with me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Second time I've read this twice now and most probably will again, so you can guess enjoyed it. Well written and kept my interest.

sexydad50sexydad50about 6 years ago
He’s done it again

Great characters, wonderful story!

Really enjoyed this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You have a new fan

Read the whole series loved it. am going to begin reading your other stories very soon. keep writing !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
3 things she would do for only her husband

What were the 3 things that she was saving for her husband

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Superb Storytelling

Rehnquist's characters are complex, flawed human beings. Sometimes behaving badly, sometimes making foolish decisions, occasionally selfish, petulant or spiteful, but they are never truly nasty, cruel or vindictive. There is always some saving grace, something noble, decent and courageous in the way they eventually confront their mistakes and weaknesses. making it very hard, if not impossible, to dislike them or fail to empathise to some degree with their situation.

The men are neither spineless, pussy-whipped victims nor testosterone-fulled, hateful avengers and the woman are never pigeonholed as heartless sluts or self-deluded emotional narcissists. They are simply flawed human beings trying to come to terms with their mistakes, who they are and how to move on with their lives. They are you and me in different bodies, in different places, confronting a different set of circumstances.

That's why we can so easily relate to them and why their stories hold our attention and move us to keep reading - and that's what great writing always does.

LA

coredencoredenabout 6 years ago
A great story

Loved it

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Oh where oh where

Oh where oh where Is Rehnquist? Surely this fine author is publishing stories somewhere under some name. Alas if we only knew the answer it would make almost all of his readers very happy. This is my third or fourth reading of this superb story.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 6 years ago
Best story on this site

One hell of a story: 5* and a favourite.

Great character development; you had me willing to accept any of the women as worthy of resolving the romantic tension.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
my comment: W.O.W.

W-ish that I could write as well as enjoyable as you wrote this story. O-r this exceptional flow line of words describing one’s feelings in loving a human, expressing the disappointment of a spouse, the words of camraderie between friends and playmates, the description of love for a certain someone.

W-ow covers the enjoyment of this tale, do not stop writing. good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
love

It was great. I really enjoyed it but I can't wait for the wedding. Thanks!

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Brilliant

That’s about all I can say.

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 6 years ago
Oh Yeah

It has taken me awhile to find your works - but WOW! Man, you can really write wonderful stories. You hit all of the proper check boxes. Since you have not submitted any stories for some time I wonder if you have finally decided to write a book for the reading public under another name. Would I spend 25 dollars at the book store to purchase it? Damn right I would. Give me the title and I am on my way. Thank you. Top marks of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Excellent.

Laughed, Cried. Read six chapters at one sitting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Do you write books?!

I want to read everything you’ve ever written. I love the way this makes me feel.

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongover 5 years ago
loved it

and I believe you have done a great job with the women - very descriptive, their motivations and reasoning (or lack thereof in Kristin's case).

buckshot46buckshot46over 5 years ago
Wonderful Reading

Not only were ALL six part excellently written, the intro to each part was enlightening. Thoroughly enjoyed the story; the character development was honest.

THANK YOU

brownmobbrownmobover 5 years ago
awsome

not good at comments, but all i can say is thank you, seriously wish these could go on and on, love reading them all, thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
TOO GOOD

Could not put this down. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One of the nest

Good job, really enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very, very good.

Could not put the story down till the end. Loved all the characters and could visualise facial espressions during dialogues. Very enjoyable. Five stars for each chapter.

Steel45Steel45over 5 years ago
Great writing indeed

Your essay of character development, particularly female character development is a great success I would say. Splendid

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 5 years ago
perfect

perfect ending to a fantastic story

5 stars and 100 hardons

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
And There It Is

Without a doubt, a prime example of why this author is one of my top three favorites on Literotica. And I’m still in awe that Rehnquist and a few others post their writings here on a free site (I am NOT complaining) when they could probably get paid for it elsewhere. But then again, I’m thankful that this site is here so that I can read stories by hundreds of others and maybe expand my “favorite authors” list. BTW, I thought this was an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Great story. You hijjacked all my spare time for two days reading it. Excellent work. Characters all had real depth. The beginning, the middle and the end were excellent. Not one slow spot. I would say you met and exceeded your goals!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
Super.

Big R accomplished his goal. The ‘first’ Sweetie was weakly portrayed ... until after Hubby returned home. Then We-The-Readers got to see the early Sweetie indirectly and in retrospect. More than a little of the retrospect was provided by the ‘next edition’ of Sweetie herself.

Legal Sister was well-presented as Efficient Casual Fucker becoming bent towards a woman with appreciation for life-experiences beyond professional recognition. Conflicted Cousin came across very clearly with her internal struggle with Kin versus Sin. Marisa, of course, is a tour-de-force as a deeply damaged specialist in challenge of rejection. Even Mom reveals herself as more than Dad’s wife.

Obvious MAX stars.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
when you know

had an experience like that . married had a son & she took off. 3 yrs later for some reason her older sister clicked & we married. had known her for almost 10 yrs when I married her & we were together for 27 + yrs before she passed away. don't how many times I have read this story but a bunch & enjoy it every time . would give it 10 + stars if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

Wonderful job, too bad you haven't written anything in past few years.

You have a gift for storytelling

fairway9fairway9over 5 years ago
Loved it

I waited until I finished the story before I commented. I absolutely loved the story. I thought he would end up with the Florida Lawyer Susan. Then again with his x wife. I was pleasantly surprised that he ended up with the Goth girl. Now I can understand that they both needed each other. From what they both went through. It was only right they ended up together. Great job writing. I will read more of your writings.

paulsubpaulsubover 5 years ago
Enjoyable Romantic Story

This is my second time through your Literotica stories. They all are so personable with such real characters that they really belong in a novel on the shelf in a library so everyone could enjoy them without the erotic stigma of Literotica.I am just glad that I found them here and appreciate them for what they are!

Thanks again!

mike2710mike2710over 5 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for the entertainment. Great story.

Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent Story

Your stories are unlike a lot of the stories on this site, even a lot of the very good ones. When you’re reading most stories, you have to suspend your disbelief at a lot the characters. They tend to be charicatures rather than characters. Your characters are very real, very believable and you place them in real situations, not manufactured.

Bravo on this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nice!

Well written counselor. Anon JD

rvbuilderrvbuilderabout 5 years ago
Professional quality

Your stories never fail to amaze me at their high-quality. Thank you so much for what you do, and please keep on doing it.

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikeabout 5 years ago
Thank you.

Of all the related stories I have enjoyed them all. This was my favorite. Unfortunately I read all of them out of order.

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
3d or not

At the start of this series, you expressed a desire to really flesh out some female characters. Not sure if you did that, But I saw a desire to show how much faith you have in the human race. How basically we are all flawed creatures, but are really good at our core given half a chance. Thank you for sharing your faith with me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great Story

I enjoyed your previous stories but this one may be your best. Only disappointment is that you have apparently stopped writing. Thanks for what you have written.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooalmost 5 years ago
Fabulous Series

I am amazed by your writing. It’s professional level and I can’t wait to read more but it appears you're no longer writing. Thank you for many hours of enjoyment. I’m a sucker for a happy ending,

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
Wonderful!

You really threw in quite a few wonderful plot twists! Your character development was phenomenal!

More, damnit. More!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well you're still popular

Years after this story was published you're still eliciting positive comments. I congratulate you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This oeuvre....

.....elevates this whole category to new heights. I've been reading two or so of these stories a day for a couple of months now and this is easily the best.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 5 years ago
Great Story

Had me hooked from start to finish, it seems this old Australian is a romantic after all ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Unreal

This was a wonderful story. I see why you are so highly regarded in Lit. This story has everything, except for someone to dislike. Great characters make a great story. This.had everything it needed to be great.

GymShortsGymShortsover 4 years ago
What's wrong with this Story?

It's only Six chapters long. Another Six chapters or part Two Book ...

5+++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story....but....

Some of the conversations were incessant with fishing for approval or discovery or something. It was a bit annoying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I figured wrong

on who he would end up with.

The author asked about his development of his female characters. I say very well! Several were multifaceted and were complex. All were believable and mostly likeable. The writer is very skilled. Thanks very much! J.

disk54disk54over 4 years ago
Not just what you wish for

I am not an editor, writer, teacher, literary major or an expert in any area similar. I read too many stories on this web site to count. All I have to say is "I really enjoy your stories." "A lot!" Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Awsome

Write a book Damn-it! It will be a best seller!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Incredible Story

Best selling authors have nothing on you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very good!

He should have reconciled with Kristen. She had changed and being Ben’s mother was motivated to put her marriage back together. Oh well, guess that family is history. By the way, I also liked Susan and Allysin better than Marisa.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Your women

I'm an old guy, so what do I know about women. I like your fictional characters can't say I ever met anyone like them. Worked construction for forty years been married for 35. Never cheated on her, she probably did, who knows, says she didn't. We both had plenty of chances to cheat, why fuck up a good thing.Then again construction isn't anything like working in an office building with a lot of prime in front of you all day. All your characters are the beautiful people. Rich, well educated, successful, handsome. They have to be, nobody wants to read about ugly poor people. Sure do wish you'd post some new stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent!

Love to spend more time in this universe! The plot is very good but the dialogue is so believable.

danbo56danbo56about 4 years ago
Brillant story

where is the rest? there has to be more I want more THIS STORY IS NOT FINISHED

by along way, you could write a proper book with this it's not jus a short story LOVED it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Some of it's OK

This story has a lot of the probs that a lot of literotica stories do, things like "I swear to God," she said, pleading.

I was waiting for "I'm angry," she said, angrily.

The problem with these obvious flaws in craft is that the writer comes across as egotistical, full of himself, and with a grossly-inflated sense of his skills.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WOW!!

Not sure where "Some of it's OK" is coming from, but I have to say that it was a great story, and that despite any parts that may be lacking, it was a wonderfully engaging read! Sometimes, people should remember that a bit of encouragement, a nice word here or there, could make all the difference to a writer like this. I enjoy all of your stories, and sincerely hope that you continue to contribute your efforts for many years to come. Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow

Fantastic series.

Loved it all

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 4 years ago
Sappy

Ended fairly well. Could have done a 7 and 8.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Read this again and I am still sad

Rehnquist created a world and then left. It pisses me off.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 4 years ago
Again

The only thing I’ve read so far is your introduction. I’ve read quite a few comments where guys were rooting for their favorite female character. That alone should tell you how you did in fleshing out your characters. My only recommendation is to never take your females so over the top (Daniel Q Steele) that there is absolutely nothing to like about them but their looks. And, although she got close, the ex had a come to Jesus rebirth.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 4 years ago
Just saying

I’d have been more impressed if it was Martin Scorsese.

LVGirlLVGirlalmost 4 years ago
Loved the Female Characters

But my favorite was his mom. “Give your mom a kiss for making it all better and then help me down the stairs so I don’t break my neck.” Gotta love her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
loved it!

very good. easy read very nice story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well Done

An involving and well-crafted story. The female characters were, indeed, three dimensional and relatable. Good job — and thanks for sharing it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
NOPE.

Would have been a great story if you hadn't made your male lead look like an obnoxious moron who falls in love with every woman that he beds.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
YEP!!!

Great ending chapter. The leading man was definitely NOT an obnoxious moron!!! Loved how you brought Clint and Steven to the story.

TrollTureTrollTurealmost 4 years ago
Great story!

First class, from start to finish! This story has received lots of positive comments and I can only agree, it was very, very good.

Only fly in the ointment was that Susan was my favorite, with Allie as first runner up. But this way wasn't bad either!

Thanks for sharing with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Great story, however it could go much further. I would like to see that story too.

thank you for the work you have done it is very good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Home Run!

Great story. I love the transformation of Marisa as she went from an angry Goth chick to something else. She didn't lose herself but she realized that it was his night and she didn't want to detract from that. That is love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sensitive portrayal of Borderline Personality Disorder

The author definitely succeeded in honing his skills in female character development. Three very distinct female characters were skillfully presented (more show than tell) with sufficient detail and realism to convey the complexities of their varying individualities. Two of these showed clear evidence of personal growth in perceptions, perspectives and coping skills over the arc of the story. All masterfully done. Bravo!

That said, I must admit to being surprised and confused by Tyler's decision to pursue a relationship with Marisa. She is a painfully beautiful depiction of a borderline personality disorder. She has an unstable sense of self, volatile interpersonal relationships, high mood reacitivity, severe fear of rejection/abandonment and a tendency to withdraw or distance herself from reality. A skinny Goth female who eats inordinately large amounts of food at one sitting is almost a poster child for Bulemia Nervosa and women with BPD have a high incidence of a concurrent eating disorder.

Being mentally ill does not lessen her humanity, make her evil or render her unlovable or incapable of love. It does mean, however, that those who attempt to be close to her need to have patience for they likely will encounter repetitive frustration by her mood swings, angry outbursts, projection of unwanted affects and compulsion to reject emotional and physical intimacy due to fear. I suspect Marisa is a survivor of some major childhood psychological trauma, the details of which even Susan may not fully know. The details would be key, however, to a deep understanding of Marisa's true self. She would not be a low maintenance wife.

Susan would be a far more logical and natural attraction for a man not seeking more angst in his life.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Really good. If I could give 10 I would. You should be doing what your main character is doing and writing a novel for publication. I thought he would end up with Susan, she was a great character but you made the love between Marissa and him so real. There are a few authors on this site that stand out above the others and you are certainly one of them.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

LOL, he better concentrate on his second novel, he had to have it in six months and a lot of time has already passed!

Great story, great ending. I didn't think he'd go back to Susan, just didn't seem like it would happen. Nor Kristin, not after she left and was fucking someone else, even thought she came a long way, getting a job, growing up etc. No, had to be Marisa.

Damn good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
One of the best.

The only thing that kept this from being a 5

was the snobbery of the author against other

snobs. Almost 70 years of being in public places

and not once did I have old snobs criticize my or

my girlfriend's appearance. Why one of the best

authors on here feels the need to try and impress

us with contrived racism, sexism, snobbery or

any other ism's I can never figure out.

Just write about real people that don't need to

look down on, or up to anyone. VxrDxF

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Fantastic! I had to finish reading it (even though I should have gone to be 2 hours ago!). Excellent character development. I hope Kristen and Allie find good guys and treat them well. Very good character development. I'm going to have to read all your other stories now.

kapat99kapat99over 3 years ago
Are you still active?

I love your stories. You're one of my two fav authors - the other being DQS. I hope in the future, there will be more stories from you.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago
Clint and king

Very forced and not needed. The idea that they would be blown away by any woman is silly. Look at the actresses they have been around.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Kristen and allie?

Thank God it wasn't Kirstie Alley 😁

rogie717rogie717over 3 years ago
Finished the entire thing

I wanted to read the whole story before commenting, I was pretty sure I was going to but writing before completing it felt like reviewing it from cliff notes. That said the story was exceptional you are a truly talented writer GREAT JOB

contel1979contel1979over 3 years ago

Enjoyed the whole story. Well written and "edited".

MyflowMyflowabout 3 years ago
Want more

Read the whole series! Loved it. But I want more. This is a good thing and what I look for in literature. The feeling of wanting more, and imagining more, of seeing the future and the mystery of the past. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I don't want more

This type of writing (literature) I understand. I find it something I won't wish to repeat. RC

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Very good writing, never saw Marissa up until the horizontal mambo. Good characters wonderful story, dumb LWs that screw up a relationship then they want back in. Dumb dumb dumb. Who ever figures out what woman really want should write a book. keep writn'!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Jeeesh

yah know I’m sorry it wasn’t longer. Have to say you’ve made it to a favorite author spot. Can’t wait for more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An amazingly good love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Anonymous again. Great story. Writing excellent as usual. And Marisa was the perfect foil, as I would chosen her too. What's more sexy than a very intelligent slightly out of the mainstream woman?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

amazingly good. Nuff said.

bauslander1bauslander1almost 3 years ago

Everybody is saying amazing. Which was my reaction too. You succeeded in developing the female characters and telling a great story. I love your writing. Keep it coming.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

A great yarn, all the characters had depth, and I was hooked all the way. Though I have to say, putting words in Eastwood and King's mouths came off a little hokey, but that's not as much down to execution as it was the general concept. Tough to reconcile people we're very familiar with being inserted into a story without experiencing a bit of dissonance.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

It appears from some remarks that you no longer write or post on LIT. are you posting anywhere else? I love you writing.

Do you have any published books? I would like to read them.

Thanks for the writings you have done they help me understand the two relationships I have had in my 78 years.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

I picture Marissa as a Goth Julia Roberts...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous