All Comments on 'What You Wish For Pt. 06'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 687 Comments (Page 7)
SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Strange choice ... we never found out what Marissa's problems were. Any of the other three seemed like better choices, more normal, less risk. Marissa seemed to have serious problems. Dissapointed me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The portraits of the women were amazing with depth.

Especially his mother (the last talk...), and the surprising serendipitous characters. (Marisa, Kristen, Susan, Natalie, and Kristen's cousin.)

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreenerover 1 year ago

Another great story by the great Rehnquist. I just wish for Kristin that she find a partner for her own sanity. She just needed to grow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The best I have read by far the characters were so real and the story line kept me interested until the end. I was really hoping for more but very happy with the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why did I wait so long to read this masterpiece? You did the female character development down to the nuance. I've not read better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars and its the 3rd time I’ve read it. Love his stories. One of the best in Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I like reading some of this Literotica stuff, but most of it has no character development and a thin plot. But this story has both of those things and much more. Thank You. I stayed up too late to finish it and I am glad I did.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Marvellous story, this is my second time, and l have no reason to change my score.

Please start writing again you are missed.

5/5

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerabout 1 year ago

What Wargamer said. My second time too, excellent is all I can say and just as enjoyable 2nd time around.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love the story overall. I kind of wish it would have gone a little farther and ended after the wedding and through the book sales and the movie.

Lions86Lions86about 1 year ago

meh im fine i guess with him ending up with Marisa but it just doesnt seem like there was any reason or build up to it. It would have made sense to get with Susan it would have even made sense to get back with Kristen. It just doesnt make sense to me to be with Marisa though. I also agree with the Anon it should have gone on longer or at least had an epilogue chapter showcasing life after the wedding and an update on the book stuff and if the movies were made or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just the right combination of lust, angst and tension. I liked this one the best even though you don't write here anymore. Sad.

grogers7grogers7about 1 year ago

You have asked that readers comment more than just approval; that we critique your work. I am simply not qualified. You are the artist, I am the spectator. This is my 3rd reading since you first published this. 3 x 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’m a softy ,overall great story ,liked the pace . Can see the Marisa coupling . But I was really pushing for a Kristen reconnect . Not sure why but there was a real effort to reform her character and I think a recouping would have held merit . That said did enjoy !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The ex-wife Kristin ends up remarried in another one of Rehnquist's series.

Almost everything this author has written is some of the best stories you'll read on this site. And this is one of his best. Thank you.

ErotFanErotFanabout 1 year ago

I favorited "Gray Gone" and "Lemon Sun" but this one left me cold. So many plot elements and characters looked too much like "Gray Gone." The Kristen character, as portrayed, showed significant growth as opposed to the "buyers remorse" shown by Whitney in "Gray Gone." Kristen (IMHO as a non-author but avid reader) deserved a better shot at reforming the family with Ben and a reconciliation. Marissa is a deeply broken character - they will split over conflicts when their two novels become hits.

CchanCchanabout 1 year ago

I wish he had ended up with Susan. I like Marissa, I love her character, her design, and her background, but I still prefer Susan for some weird reason, probably because how similar they are in the first chapter

ShynessingShynessingabout 1 year ago

By far my favorite story that you’ve written.

Nice that he didnt go back to the ex.

TangomoreTangomoreabout 1 year ago

I don't know if you'll read this (as I see you haven't been n this site for at least a decade)but mission accomplished! I see a week developed and great depth in your female characters. I see wonderful development in most your characters. Great story.

chiefhalchiefhalabout 1 year ago

Great story, dialogue, emotions...

Thank you!

RedRyder50RedRyder50about 1 year ago

One of if not the best story I have read on Literotica. This was not just a sex story but one that kept me reading and wanting to know what happened from beginning to end. So well crafted. The plot was interesting. the characters believable, so well developed and each one engendered sympathy.

Thank you Rehnquist.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Bravo, bravissimo, fantastic last chapter and ending. Well developed characters, engrossing story, delightful something. Thank you for sharing and daring . rk

WoodencavWoodencav12 months ago

Fantastic storey up there with the very best I’ve read on Literotica. Great the way you developed the characters, as I read this storey, I was involved in the emotions, the joy when his mother saw his grandson, inspired. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

WONDERFUL......again.

Just came upon this story (again) from 7 - 8 years ago.

A great story and well done.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good story, but frankly the last page changed the whole story from a gritty, emotional, angst filled study of human uncertainty into a Hallmark movie. It seemed out of place. It didn’t ruin it, just disappointed me I guess. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great read.. only the third time I’ve read it lol.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Yes, still an amazing story! And I want to know the three things she "kept" for her husband!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I don’t usually comment and I don’t have the skill to offer constructive criticism. I will say I really liked your stories and I’m hoping to see more.

1_Inquiring_mind1_Inquiring_mind11 months ago

Really enjoyed this story. You did well with the character development. The Ex maturing was good, but really enjoyed Susan and Marisa. I can see where he could have been happy with Susan, but just like a good story with Marisa he truly saw her and she appreciated him for who he was and not what she could get.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Powerful, beautifully written, superb balance. Five flaming supernovas.

ChinawightChinawight10 months ago

I have read hundreds of many different stories and tales on here, hardcore to LW and beyond. This was simply magic, there aren't enough stars. Thank you.

BehindbluisBehindbluis10 months ago

I enjoyed the character development, top notch. There was a lot of depth without excessive detail and a lot of loose ends that could keep going in other directions. Seems like its been a long time since you've posted. Hopefully, you've had some more ideas for stories since the last. If not, there are several strings you could expand on from all of the stories you've posted.

TotosRevengeTotosRevenge10 months ago

Such an excellent story told my a fine writer. Your character development for the ladies was fine for shorter-length stories. They would need more development in a novel as I still don't have a good understanding of either Kristin or Marisa. I did so enjoy your tale and thought you brought it to closure perfectly. Thank you for sharing your story.

muddman74muddman7410 months ago

I just had to come back and read this story again, it's so well written and fleshed out. Too bad you seem to have given up writing; wish you would start again.

mower9527mower952710 months ago

female leads were compelling,: yes

believable,: yes

quirky: not so much quirky but okay. (See “believable)

bitchy: not really

Did I (at least partially) redeem Kristin? : yes, she became a sympathetic character as you intended but not enough to entertain thoughts that Tyler should reconcile with her.

Did Marisa's actions make sense given her background and emotional make up? Not really but it was fine.

Were any of them too cliche? Perhaps Marisa was a little bit too much cranky. Unfortunately people who behave like that in general don’t get called back no matter how good they are. “The reputation precedes us “.

JahIthBerrJahIthBerr9 months ago

geeze for all the 4th wall breaking it went pretty cookie cutter. The second Natalie said "editor near you" it was a foregone conclusion it would be Marisa. Is there ever reconciliation in any of these stories? It wasn't bad I enjoyed it the way a hallmark movie that follows a predictible formula is enjoyable. It's always frustrating seeing stories like this where the MC will go through all the transformations after the breakup fixing what made him a shitty partner but then still the wife is treated as toxic-waste. Tylers excuses are kind of bullshit. It rests on the assumption/fear that history would repeat itself but he's a different person now he's fixed his own mistakes and Kirstin has worked on hers. You're not even going to explore that when you have a child together?

If there is a relationship that doesn't seem like it's going to laste of all of the options it's Tyler and Marissa. I mean she's just as flighty as Kirstin is? Or maybe that's the point? That Tyler is just repeating his mistakes with a new girl rather than learning from them and fixing his relationship?

I was rooting for : Allie > Kirstin > Susan > Marissa though but that's just my opinion haha

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@JahlthBerr

What the actual fuck? Seriously?

All marriages have issues. Spouses who work too much. Or financial pressures. Or lack of communication. Or any other of a dozen things.

But when two large mortgages on a big ass house need to be paid. And two gigantic car payments that the wife insists on having have to be paid. Along with fancy clothes and accessories. Costs of that lifestyle. Well...someone better be working their ass off. And he was.

And what did he have? A whiny entitled narcissist bitch at home who refused to actually live her life and leave the house and resented the fact that he had to work and earn to keep her happy. She had an education and refused to use it. Complained about being lonely but never tried to meet anyone. Wtf?

Could he have communicated better? Yeah.

Did he or anyone like him (male or female protagonist) deserve the level betrayal and disrespect that she heaped onto him?

Hell no.

And I'm just here to tell you. I KNOW what this level of betrayal feels like. And listen here dumbass...it destroys you. Utterly.

And when you get functioning again for rhe sake of your kids and your family and your career again? And you start living again. And interacting with other people. And you look back with perspective and see just how fucked up life with a narcissist actually is?

The LAST fucking thing you want to do is trust that person again. For a lot of people it just becomes impossible. It's hard enough to ever want to trust your heart to anyone again. But trusting that person again who destroyed your world? Nope. More often than not...there are no happy endings. Divorce. That's it.

This woman cheated on him for months. Abounded her marriage without telling him. Gave him no explanation. No chance to change. Just disappeared one day. And then hid his son from her.

That is not someone you reconcile with. Sorry. Not in a real life setting.

If you believe in fairytale true love will win out? Then you write the fucking story.

I knew from the 1st chapter he wasn't gonna give the ex-wife character a real second chance.

Maybe the cousin. Maybe Susan. And then as chapters passed it looked like Marissa.

And frankly it made a lot of sense. It wasn't jarring. I never thought "oh come on give the ex another chance." Ever. Her own admission she was a spoiled little bitch who fucked herself over.

In real life when you are a spoiled little bitch who fucks over your loved ones? You end up alone.

For that...in this story...the way it was told here? 5 stars. I'd give it 10 if I could. One of the best on the site.

So...if you don't like it...there are thousands of willing cuckold reconciliations here you can go love on.

Just leave Rehnquist's stories the fuck alone.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very enjoyable story. Read all sections in one sitting and story kept me captivated. Glad you posted so that can read a higher quality story on this site when I"m not just looking for stimulation.

SteveWallaceSteveWallace9 months ago

10 out of 5! Great story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was a very enjoyable story .

FrognutFrognut9 months ago

This is one of those can't put it down type of story.

Great job I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just rediscovered why I have this on listed in my classics.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You asked for specific comments in your intro to the final episode, so her goes. I am an older gentleman who oddly enough has mostly female friends, which has been the pattern for most of my life. And sadly enough I was in love with several of them while they only saw me as a very loyal, kind, and loving friend. Emphasis on friend. Obviously, I came to know them very well. Maybe I should qualify that as knowing them as well as any man can really understand the female psyche. With that said, you did a masterful job with the characterization of all your females. What was even better for me was the fact that by episode 6 I knew Tyler well enough, through you great treatment of his character I knew full well his final decision was going to be the lovely though damaged Marisa. Thanks for the ride while getting there. Please, please keep writing and putting in as much effort as you obviously do to give us this kind of gem. Again, thank you for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I was glad to see Allison get off the "I don't now why I left you" cop out. Too many authors allow that to stand. People at heart know why they do things; they're just cowardly in not fessing up.

THANK YOU again for a really meaty story.

Be Well and Happy

Paul

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The vast majority of the series was fairly close to perfect in terms of character development, pacing and dialog. The sudden acceptance of Marissa by Allie, Kristen and the other women at Chumly and Darla's party, however, came across as a bit contrived. Both the quality of the dialog and the believability of the character development seemed to nosedive when Marissa entered the party in Manhattan. The reason(s) for this precipitous decline in quality is/are unclear. Sadly, the dialog remained stuckaat the level of trite and tiresome for the remainder of the series, This caused characters to appear far less psychologically mature and signicantly less well educated than had seemed evident during the earlier portions of the series.

nixroxnixrox7 months ago

5 stars and I do not care what any of the other commenters said.

I really like this story and I really like the way you chose to develop the female characters.

I wish you would came back and write some more.

Have a nice day.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith7 months ago

Brilliant!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

macian49macian497 months ago

Wow again. One of the best , if not the best, story's i have read on here. Keep them coming please.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You succeeded.

ScubaTykeScubaTyke7 months ago

Brilliant, I didn't want it to end.

SatyrDickSatyrDick6 months ago

[18.10.23]

Top Shelf!

Excellente character development for the women...and his mom is a firecracker!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I have known many women in various real life experiences over the years (72 years experienced now) including two failed marriages. My females each had some, all or few of the characteristics you so well built into your females. You excellently described those characteristics in your females by the varied situations they performed. I had to keep reading to follow each one's development of their personalities defined by life decisions including following through with their consequences. Well done and thank you for your writing. Keep writing and be more confident in your work.

TwmatthewsTwmatthews6 months ago

Let's start off by agreeing that if the goal was to write a story around interesting and well developed female characters, then mission accomplished. Although I can see some of the logic, I was rooting for Susan rather than Marissa. Of course in real life, there is seldom a full understanding of why two people fall in love. But to me, Susan exhibited the same attractive attributes that made Tyler such a likable character; way more so than Marissa.

Note how Tyler treated Marissa. He wanted her to be compensated for staying over. He wanted to take her out for meals. He made sure she received credit for the success of the novel. He was generous in all ways. But Susan treated Tyler exactly the same way. She found an agent. She booked his flight. She protected him as an attorney with no questions asked nor any expectation of reward. She was as generous with Tyler as he was with Marissa. And from both a personality side and a physicality perspective, Susan was way more attractive. So what was it about Marissa that led Tyler to want to explore a relationship with Marissa rather than with Susan? That's the question that for me, was not answered. Even as Marissa and Tyler worked together, I didn't get the sense that there was a lot of friendly banter and enjoyment in each other's company. The original physical description of Marissa was one that was not attractive. I pictured a skinny, almost emaciated woman with no breasts, weird hair, who smelled like cigarettes. One who was angry. The fact that Tyler felt indebted to her is one thing. But he should have felt equally indebted to Susan. I found the attraction and eventually falling in love, hard to accept. But, that's not to say that all characters were not beautifully developed and interesting. This story is one of the best on Literotica and even though I was rooting for Susan, the story is one of the most compelling and interesting on this site. The evolution of Kristin and Marissa was a thing if beauty, Five stars for me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I don't often say this, great read. Not a lot else to say. Oh, one thing, a wrap up few pages covering the next ten years would be really good! Just asking.

Taco76310Taco763105 months ago

Second time reading this story and I still want to know what her three things are. Is a great read. Fun and entertaining.

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Another rereading and still one of my favorites. You probably hear it a lot but I miss your writing. Please and thank you.

dawg997dawg9975 months ago

Such a great writer. Perfect pacing and superior character development. Too bad it's been over a decade since any new works.

tarkabukktarkabukk4 months ago

This was excellent, I loved this, beginning to end.

Thank you for sharing,

inka2222inka22224 months ago

OK, you fully earned your 5 well deserved stars. It was a really well put together work. Thank you for enjoyment of reading this. There were a couple of complaints in my mind but not meaningful enough to impact the final grade, though I may give 4 stars to chapter #4 for one.

/

Things I disliked: the main one, was the whole goth thing. Not as part of the story (it was I guess necessary to make THAT specific story work). But I generally have VERY VERY low respect for goth and such people. Not so much the aesthetic itself, but the "F.U." attitude. How would you feel about someone who deliberately farts all over others, just to express how upset they are with society and people? Goth attitude is usually literally the same, just visually. They don't dress that way for intrinsic reason of liking the aesthetic, but for extrinsic reason of negative impact on "normies". THAT extrinsic negative motivation is what I severely dislike. In all its forms (punk, goth, whatever). Rebels without a clue. Ironically, most people like that have very little worth and contribute very little to society, which likely is related to their unconstructive attitude.

/

The second thing I disliked, was the whole gossip about MC from women. Again, it's realistic and didn't detract from the story, but it was just soooo disrespectful and awful. Notice how MC shut down all the caddy/piggish sex talk from his mail buddies? Women didn't show nearly that much class. A

/

Now, for the likes. First of all, the balanced justice/karma of it all. The cheater got fucked over life wise (no simpy "i love you sooo much" rich hubby anymore, no "grass is greener" second dream hubby). The fact that the author gave her a well deserved attitude adjustment AND that she voluntarily rejected monetary demands, was golden on the author's part. MC got happiness, success AND a kid. The "I'll just fuck a married woman" sleazebag got "oh the kid's not yours" and a divorce from her, and humiliation he deserved. Susan got happiness in the end. MC's mom got way better. Nobody got undeserved uber-kindness (especially from MC at his expense) and thank god no RAAC.

/

Second, the characters were interesting; MC wasn't super shallow like usual in LE stories; the plotline was good; sex was not a major part of the work (a plus for me); and the character motivations were realistic, meaningful and explained where needed.

/

Lastly, the way the author redeemed Marissa in last chapter, when she turned from selfish "F.U." goth into a considerate, empathetic "I want this to be about you, not my shouting at the world". THAT made her worth MC's time - without that detail, I would have hated him choosing her, especially after the cruel way she ghosted him before the party (which rubbed me wrong despite MC trying to justify it).

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5+stars..Entertaining,absorbing and realistic..No more needs to be said..JZK

EgantryEgantry4 months ago

Thank you ….. this story was thoroughly entertaining. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I loved it I cried I was sad I was happy I'm 67 and have been looking for a woman to love me he loves marrisa I've been abandoned cheated on my trust is so hard I felt everything u wrote I kick my self in the but there were women who dressed differently and loved it but was scared to be in public instead of standing up And being proud of who she is that was 35 years ago so 5 stars to ur writing

rbloch66rbloch664 months ago

An enjoyable read. That your characters had heart came through in the story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I LOVE YOUR STORIES!!!!

Your characters are complex when needed. Your plots are interesting and really explore human interactions, desires and needs. They are often emotionally charged.

I LOVE YOUR STORIES!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Would really love an epilogue to this story, especially with the juicy bit in the end.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Such a good read. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with the world.

mnop9mnop93 months ago

I had a(what I thought) nice comment but lost it when I discovered that I wasn’t logged in. I am a 92 year old male a thoroughly enjoyed your works. Actually, just about all of them. This was the last on your page, and by far the best. I hope you continue.

newford9bnewford9b3 months ago

I only wish there were more stories of this calibre on here. To me , a truly great read, one to be read at least annually

bacchant2bacchant22 months ago

All the way I hoped Susan would be the one, in the end it could have been any of them and the story could have worked. Great story.

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucks2 months ago

Did a binge read. You are way to good not to be published in hard cover. You accomplished what you set out to do, very believable females, fully developed.

DWB

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

5 Stars on a great story . After reading Billie Jean I wondered how they all got together . Now it all makes sense to Me .Do they have matching Mustangs maybe ??

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well done, you achieved your goal, as a twice divorced male, who grew up with 3 sisters and associated besties, raised a daughter as a single parent, traveled the UK, Western europe, across Canada, Alaska, a few states and Scandinavia, played about 1000 paid shows as a semi professional musician, I've known many woman, your characters were great, believable, & well developed, good story plot& interplay between characters.

I knew during the editing when Marissa went for that cigarette and Tyler's dad came home that she was the one, unfortunately in this format you have limited room to really maneuver, to me that was the only blemish and it was understandable, it didn't take away any enjoyment of the read 5☆

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A very enjoyable series thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well written, and the characters were well developed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

great read read it from one right through to the end , well done sex yes but very tasteful ..

FD45FD45about 1 month ago

These older stories really need to be commented on frequently so that our newer readers have a chance to see what real writing looks like.

bigrig28bigrig28about 1 month ago

I just reread this and its better now.

Truly great dialogue. Nicely drawn characters.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I enjoyed this part and the entire series. As for the portrayal of the women in the story, I found them to be well written, well developed, and intelligent. Most of them seemed very realistic, and could be found in almost any town or city. I only say that as I'm from a small town (like Grant City), while my wife is from a surrounding city (suburb) of a big city, and we met somewhere in between. We're currently living in a small town though, as we like the slower pace of life.

I do agree that the older stories in this forum (LW) are better than most of the newer stuff posted these days. I've still got to read "Bar and Grill", as I haven't read that one yet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I have read the entire collection and really enjoy how the characters are developed. You described and fleshed out both weak and strong women. Kristen was the weakest being the spoilt brat and Susan was strong but needed to be pushed to make a real life for herself. With Marisa's character there was the outward strength that made her want to be so very different but she still acquiesced in order to not detract from Tyler's big party. Just really enjoyable and a great story. Thank you Rehnquist.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Outstanding! This is a well-developed story. Do not ever apologize for "no-sex chapters!" Some of us read for the whole story, not just the titillation. As far as I am concerned, this could have been longer. I would not have skipped a word.

fuzzy94fuzzy9428 days ago

Just finished my 3rd time reading this wonderful story. I enjoyed it more each time. I have to say that all your characters are well developed, from the briefest to the main characters. Bravo to your creativity, I hope you are still writing..

KirkelKirkel28 days ago

3rd time too. How do you get past one of the best?

oldtwitoldtwit21 days ago

A good story, lots of talk and descriptions of everything, for me not enough sex in such a long one, but overall great work

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

I was sorry when it ended.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

On a scale of one to ten, this rates an eleven. Well none, well written.

Scott

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous