All Comments on 'What's the Difference?'

by literot

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 12 years ago

When you fuck a woman who isn't your wife, that's just sex.

But when you have fucked the same woman for over 40 years, there has to be a lot of love between the two people to satisfy their needs, or they would be looking for some new person to satisfy their sexual needs.

Sometimes a husband or wife, which ever the case may be, needs to satisfy their partner, even if they aren't really in the mood, but the other partner want's some loving, so they perform for their partner.

That's love.

My wife has a lot more sex drive than I do , and there's a lot of times I would just as soon have rolled over and went to sleep, but she wanted fucked. I'm not going to let her go to sleep horny, so I do my duty and satisfy her. I always thought if I didn't keep her satisfied, she would find someone who would.

Or at least thats my look on it.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Gross oversimplification

Love is when you feel you give your life for someone and that feeling pervades your life all day every day. It is not just how you act when you have intercourse. By the same token sex with someone is lust, opportunity, consent and usually dumb luck. It is temporal and lasts only as long as the lust does, thank god lust is realivelly shor lived and usually only lasts for an hour or so. Psychological feelings like the need to dominate one sexually, the need to seduce someone new, to rape someone these feelings aren't lust and thankfully aren't shared by many people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
your opinion

of love is not mine.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
Sex vs Sex

I agree with several that Literot's perspective on Love is not that much different than the perspective on Sex! It seems to be differentiated by urgency! It is easy to love relaxed sex as well as urgent (AKA passionate) sex. It is also easy to love 'love', but I am not convinced 'love' has been well-defined in this flash synopsis!

4*

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Confusion

Your way of thinking is fucked up. Making love with your wife is one thing, having sex with a woman is another. Screw you head on right.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
ALL THOSE DIFFERENCES

is what keeps lawyers in the chips. TK U MLJ LV NV

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xalmost 12 years ago

It is not so much the meaning of "Love" and "Sex" it is how you use those words. They can and do mean different things to different people. Some people "Love" to watch their partner having "Sex" with someone else. Swingers and couples with open marriages believe they know the difference between "Love" and "Sex". I make "love" to my wife, it may be a wham bam thank you mam, or it might be a long slow night of passion, in both cases I am emotionally involved with my wife as she is with me, and the most strongest emotion for me can only be called "Love", but at the same time "love" at it's most basic level can also be called "Sex", So to me Love and Sex are the same things. My wife also read this story and she has also said the same thing. Thanks for an interesting story/essay.

literotliterotalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Misunderstanding

I was trying to make the point that making love and having sex with the same persion are both valid and wonderful but can be different - one is all about connecting with the other (love-making) and the other is about urgent and quick release (sex), good for both but different passions being shown

rvwsrvwsalmost 12 years ago
Sometimes

I make love to my wife, its long and sensual, sometimes we just have sex. Its rough and torrid. But the common denominator is - its between me and my wife! Nobody else is invited to the party.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 12 years ago
Why do "making love" and "fucking hard and fast" have to denote different...

things,motivations,contexts whatever? Time rules man.

mitchfrenmitchfrenover 11 years ago
To be honest

I'd give more stars to the comment by x_JohnDoe_x than I would to the story: Neat, precise and honest.

Kat0511Kat0511about 11 years ago
Why so serious?

And when I say that, I'm referring to other commenters... Variety is the spice of life and I think that difference is depicted well here. If you're going to be in a long term relationship with someone, you need to be able to be you. And few people are just one thing. Our needs range and I think this is exactly what the story is trying to portray. And it portrays it well.

As physically satisfying and erotic as pure, raw sex with someone could/can be, there is no deeper connection and satisfaction than from the trust and understanding that exists between loving partners who can let go on both a physical and emotional level. The resulting pleasure borders on spiritual.

LeanneSinclairLeanneSinclairalmost 11 years ago
Two ways of looking at this, seemingly

1. The author has taken it upon himself to prescribe for us the nature of loving and sexual relationships, and it is up to us to resist this imposition.

2. The author has been good enough to share with us some intimate little meditations about love and sex, which may perhaps spark some pleasant and intriguing trains of thought in the reader.

I know which I prefer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous